If(s)

Baeksun

 

Baekhyun let his manager drop him off at EXO's dorm before walking down the streets, head low as he walked in the dead night surrounding the neighbourhood of their dorm. The night scene did nothing to comfort his disappointment in himself, only sombering the mood. He ducks his head as he enters the another building complex, pressing in the keys he was used to and going up to a level. He pressed the bell, the door opening to a familiar face that he really needed to see then. No words needed, he let out a sigh before the other pulled him into the house, hugging him tight. "Baekhyun ah"

-

Sunny on the other hand frowned as she held her phone to her ear. "Turn on the news?" She reached for her remote control, turning on the tv and switching to korean news channel. Confused, she stared at the screen in case anything important would come up. "What is it? I don't see anything- ah I missed it?"

(voice on the line) "The media is going crazy right now! Articles keep coming up! and and- I'll send you a link!" Sunny blinked as she sighed. "Calm down gizibe ya.. oh bye.." She frowned again as the other hung up, her kakao talk notification sounding immediately. She clicked on the notification, directed to her private chat with the other. Wondering what the outburst is about, she clicks on the link only to be directed to Dispatch. Immediately she knew it was a celebrity couple caught by the paparazzi but what she saw made her froze.  The article itself started with her boyfriend's name and.. Taeyeon.

It was like deja vu hit her again upon seeing their names together in the article. Not believing her eyes, she scrolled and read the article before clicking on the picture. Zooming in, her eyes glassed as she confirms repeatedly that it was indeed the two of them. No matter how much her brain told her it couldn't be true, there it was. The photo smacking in her face. Of the two in her car, kissing... kiss... Just a few days ago, those lips were on hers. Now they were on Taeyeon's.. The two don't even look like they're trying to hide from the public in any way. Her breathing stuttered as her phone dropped, facing upwards on the rug beside her feet. Clutching her shirt over her chest, she took deep breaths to calm herself down. However, her endlessly falling tears only made her more upset and she had a breakdown there and then.

Was this why he was sorry.. Was this the reason why he's avoiding me.. This scandal?

 

-

 

Baekhyun sat on the floor, downing his second bottle of soju as Heechul sat beside him, sipping from his own bottle. "You should stay away from the internet for a while. People are going crazy.. News really spread like wildfire..." Baekhyun nodded, wiping a stray tear. "I don't get it hyung.. If I were to go public with a 'relationship' why can't it be with Sunny.. its her who I'm dating yet I'm going public with.." He doesn't complete his sentence. The name somehow bitter as they were in this together. This dirty media play for the sake of attention.

 

Heechul rubbed his back as he put down his bottle. "That's the kind of industry we have to survive in Baek.. How's.. How is Sunny taking all of this?" Baekhyun took his phone that had burst with notifications a while back. Scrolling through, he finds none from Sunny. He stared till his phone automatically went off. From the silence, Heechul already knew. He took another swig from his bottle. "You didn't tell her beforehand didn't you?" Baekhyun shook his head as he downed the remains of his bottle, popping open his third bottle and taking a sip. Heechul grabbed his phone, texting before throwing it back onto the table. "Don't worry. I got someone to check on her"

Baekhyun's eyes teared again as he played with the bottle in hand. "I feel horrible hyung.. Why am I so weak.. Why can't I fight against this? Fight for me and her.." Heechul gave a look of sympathy before hugging the younger, letting him cry his heart out on his shoulder.

-

 Sunny didn't know how long she spent crying as the article faced her, slapping the scandal in her face every time she calms herself down. She would've drank if it wasn't for the fact that she holds her liquor well.  What else could she do but vent her anger through tears.. She looked at the finger on her ring, the band reminding her of their sweet moment. "stupid! so ing stupid!" Angered even further, she took it off and slammed it on the table. At that moment, the door swung open and in entered Yoona who rushed to her immediately.


"Unnie! Unnie listen to me! There's more to it than what meets the eye! It's not what you think it is-" "Stop Yoona yah.. Stop. I don't want to hear anything" Sunny looked defeated as she stood up, shuffling to her room before dropping on the bed. Silent tears fell as she tucked herself in, crying to sleep.

 

-

 

Baekhyun fiddled with the ring on his own finger as he watched the moon from the window in Heechul's room.  "I'm so sorry Sunny.. I'm so so sorry" He mumbles into the night, hoping for the wind to carry words he couldn't say enough. That he had no choice. And that he's sorry. That he loves her so dearly. If only he was man enough. If only he had enough guts to step up against the devil.. If only he confided with Sunny. The many ifs..