Catch Me If You Can

Baeksun

 

That night...

Sunny's POV

I threw myself onto my bed and groaned. "Stupid Byun Baekhyun!" I exclaimed into my pillow. I lifted my head and saw that my diary was sticking out of my bag. He read it.. It's only a matter of time before he finds out you love him... Sungmin oppa was right. I sighed and buried my face into the pillow again.

"Fine but I'm seeing you tomorrow and we are talking this out" I lifted my head and frowned. "He's going to come over tomorrow. Argh!! Got to do something!" I looked around until my eyes spot bottles of hair dye on my table. Last time, I only dyed streaks of red along with brown... Perfect.

The next morning... 10 am

Author's POV

Baekhyun sprayed some deodorant before heading out. He climbed over the Lee Mansion's gates before going to the door. Baekhyun took a deep breath before knocking twice. He waited but there was no answer. He tried again, knocking louder this time. "Sunny! Lee Soonkyu! Open the door!" Baekhyun sighed and looked through the window. There were no signs of movement.

He climbed back over the gates and went home. Baekhyun found his mother sorting out her work files. "Omma, did you see Sunny leaving the house this morning?" Mrs Byun paused and looked up. "Not so sure. I did see someone leaving the house though. Around 8am." Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. Mrs Byun frowned. "Why?" Baekhyun shook his head. "Nothing. Thanks omma. I'll be going out now"

Baekhyun took his car keys and entered the car while texting Suho. Be at your house in 10. Baekhyun buckled up and started driving. He smirked at his thoughts. You'll still be caught by my omma Sunny ah... You can never hide from your neighbour...

Baekhyun parked his car in front of Suho's house before running in. He froze when he sees a peach coloured hair girl packing up her things with her back facing him. "T-Taeyeon?" The said girl turned back and her shocked expression matched that of Baekhyun's. "Baekhyun? what are you doing here?" Baekhyun didn't answer, instead looking at the taped box behind Taeyeon. He focused back on her. "Your hair... Where are you going? Why are you packing up?" Taeyeon gave a small smile. "My hair's nice, isn't it? I'm moving into my own house. My omma bought a house for me. I don't need to stay with Suho anymore"

Baekhyun cleared his throat. "I'll help you carry that box to your car. " He made his way around Taeyeon and picked up the box. He placed the box into the boot of Taeyeon's car along with some luggages and other boxes. Baekhyun met Taeyeon's eyes as he closed the car boot. They maintained the eye contact until Taeyeon giggled. "Why are you looking at me like that? I'll still be here. Same school. Still be hanging out with you guys" Why does it hurt even though I love Sunny? You're just staying somewhere else but why does it hurt? Baekhyun shook his head and smiled softly. "You look cuter with that peach hair colour. Invite us over if you're lonely." Taeyeon smiled and sat in the driver seat. "Will do." She pulled out of Suho's mansion and drove off. Baekhyun looked down as he entered the Suho mansion. Suho came down while drying his hair. "Oh? You're here? Did you see Taeyeon?" Baekhyun nodded. "Hyung, I'll need your help. I need to catch Sunny"

Sunny's POV

I waited for Taeyeon at her new house. She pulled into the garage before coming out to greet me with a hug. "Sunny! I'm glad you're finally awake" I smiled and hugged her back. "I'm glad to see you again." She pulled away and took her things out. "Mind helping me?" I shook my head and started helping her carry her things into the house. When we were finally done, we both sat down on the couch. "You know... I met Baekhyun before I left. He seemed pretty much in a rush. Why exactly are you avoiding him?" I stared at the coffee table. "I just don't want to talk to him but he keeps insisting on starting a conversation" Taeyeon laughed. "Knowing Baekhyun, he is stubborn. Anyways, you're welcome here anytime and as long as you want." I smiled as she held my hand assuringly. "Can I ask for your help?" I ask cautiously. Taeyeon nodded eagerly. "Of course" I smiled. "I want to dye my hair red"

The next night...

Author's POV

Sehun peeked through the window and eyed the Lee Mansion. "Hyung, there hasn't been any activity. We've been hiding in your house for hours already" Baekhyun frowned. "Where could she be?" Don't tell me she left for America? Don't tell me she withdraw from trainee school already... Can't be. I tore the paper. "Baekhyun ah" He looked up and saw Lay looking at hin worriedly. "You okay?" Baekhyun nodded. "I got to go check something. Hyung, stay with here with Sehun and keep a lookout. I'll be back soon"

Baekhyun drove to school. The receptionist smiled as he entered the office. "Baekhyun ssi, are you here to check on your senior's prom? They are having a good prom right now thanks to you" Baekhyun smiled. "That's good. I have a question. Is Lee Soonkyu still in this school?" The receptionist typed on the computer. She nodded. "The girl that helped you with the decorations right? Yup. She's still here" Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks" He turned to leave. "She's here actually" He turned back to the receptionist. "Here?" The receptionist nodded. "Came to check on the prom. She's wearing a black beanie. I believe she came with another girl" Taeyeon...? Baekhyun rushed to Building A. Music boomed from the building. He entered and ran up the stairs.

The seniors were all having a good time. Baekhyun craned his neck to look for Sunny. "LADIES AND GENTLEMENS! We have a special performance from our juniors! Let's give them a round of applause!" Everyone cheered and payed attention to the stage. Baekhyun continued scanning the crowd. He looked out for Taeyeon's peach coloured hair too just in case she really came with Sunny. The juniors started singing. Sweet, melodious and gentle. If only Baekhyun paid attention to the juniors. If only he recognised their voices. Disappointed that he couldn't find them, he gave up and drove back home. Sunny watched him through her mask with a cat like smile. That's right. She was the one performing with Taeyeon. She focused back and joined back into the song. She met Taeyeon's eyes through the mask as they looked at each other and matched their voices.

The day after...

Sunny was staying with Taeyeon. The two girls were called to Seoul's Trainee Entertainment for a meeting with Mr Jang, the CEO of the trainee school. The two girls entered the office and saw Mr Jang sitting at the table with 7 familiar looking girls. The girls squealed before hugging each other.  Taeyeon and Sunny sat down beside each other and Mr Jang started talking. "So I believe you still remember each other judging by your reaction just now. Anyways, you girls will be debuting together under SM Entertainment" Sunny gasped. "Debut? My uncle's entertainment?" Mr Jang nodded. "Yes" The girls squealed and hugged each other.

They calmed down but still had tears in their eyes as they paid attention. Mr Jang continued. "You girls have been promoting underground and results have been good. All your songs will be released. All your music videos and behind the scenes videos will be released too. I'll give you girls a few minutes to calm down. Sunny, your uncle will be here to brief you girls in 10 minutes"

10 minutes later...

Lee Sooman, CEO of SM Entertainment entered the room. The girls stood up and bowed politely. "Annyeonghaseyo" Sooman sat at the chair and smiled at the girls. "All of you are future stars of the Kpop industry. I'm glad that none of your identities have been exposed. As an underground promoter that is. You girls did a good job hiding the secret that you know each other." He paused and looked at his files before continuing. "All nine of you will be debuting under the name Girls Generation or SNSD, SonyeoShiDae. Taeyeon ssi?" Taeyeon raised her hand immediately. Sooman smiled. "She will be the leader." None of the girls protested. All agreed that Taeyeon earned the title. Sooman continued. "Your debut song is the first collaboration you all did, that is Into The New World. But since you already have millions of fans, it's not really a debut anymore. You'll just be exposed more to the industry with the song Party. What would you girls like as stage names? Starting from our leader first?"

Taeyeon smiled. "I'll just use my real name" Sooman nodded. "Second oldest? Jung Soo Yeon ssi?" A blonde haired girl raised her hand. "I'll go with Jessica" Sooman wrote down her preferred name. He looked up at Sunny, his niece and smiled. "I'm sure you'll want to go with Sunny, right?" Sunny nodded. Of course Samchun (uncle) knows... The other girls went on with their names. Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun. Once the meeting was done, the girls all stood up and did a group cheer. "Jiggeumeun, SonyeoShiDae!"