Sunshine

Baeksun

 

Baekhyun briefly reads the first few pages. Sunny transferred to Seoul's Trainee Academy in 2010. He skips until 2010.

01.01.10

I don't get why Omma and Appa made us migrate to Korea. I miss America... I miss Sungmin oppa and the rest of Super Junior. I know Sooman samchun has a company in Seoul. SM Entertainment, one of the top three companies there. But that's got nothing to do with me. I've been training at the trainee center here for years and now I'm transferring to the one in Seoul.

05.01.10

Omma and Appa are making me join the Seoul's Trainee Academy. Why can't they just let me continue training back at America with Sungmin oppa and the rest? On top of that, I need to attend Korean lessons before I start training

30.01.10

Tomorrow's the day I will be joining Seoul's Trainee Academy.  I'll be busy nowadays...

01.02.10

EXO... kingkas of the academy. I have to be careful of them now... I can sense trouble coming my way. Worse thing is, whatever period I have, some of them are always in my class.

03.02.10

I fuxking hate EXO! they're bullies! I turned around only to get hit on the cheek by a bullet basketball. It was too fast for me to avoid. What gives them the right to harm me? I did get me revenge by throwing the ball at the tall blonde member, Kris. I'm surely going to get hate by their fangirls...

04.02.10

I'm damn right. I found hate notes cramped into my locker. It was enough to fill up two rubbish bins. Heck care what the world thinks. I do what's right and what's wrong.

Baekhyun frowns when he remembers. Sunny spent half of the school hours clearing her locker. He continues reading.

19.03.10

I haven't written in here for a while. As days pass by, I'm starting to learn their names better. They always bully me and every period I have  I'm always sitting beside one of them. Kim Jongin also known as Kai has been bullying me since the start of March. Always teasing my height. He threw my hairpin into the rubbish bin. Today's the 30th hairpin already. I just want my short blonde hair to grow so I don't need a hairpin. Appa scolded me for "losing" my hairpins. I got slapped thanks to Kai.

16.04.10

I don't have that much time to write in here. It's the third month. Oh Sehun, EXO's maknae and Huang Zitao aka Tao have joined bullying me. They pulled my seat everytime  I want to sit down. They push me and make me trip like I'm invisible. But today. One of them helped me. I don't know his name yet but for now I'm going to name him eyeliner cutie. Aish... My body's sore with bruises.

15.05.10

My birthday. A day off school. Without EXO bullying me. I celebrated it with Omma and Appa. But there's something weird. Omma and Appa won't look at each other. Omma did look like she was crying but she told me she was just sad watching a drama. Appa gave me my present before going to his office. My birthday feels so empty. Aren't birthdays supposed to be happy?

12.12.10

Look at the date. Because of EXO and school, I'm losing my time to write. I can finally eat in peace. That is at home. Kim Minseok... Xiumin... whatever you call him and Luhan have been taking away my food. They either take and eat or throw. I've been starving lately. Got 3 hour detention for not paying attention in classes. how can I focus with a hungry stomach?!

Baekhyun wiped his tears. Sunny was so innocent yet she has to be hurt. He runs a finger over what seems like a tear stain on the word 'happy'. He takes a deep breath before continuing.

30.03.11

I finally found this book. It's been a year. I still don't know eyeliner cutie's name. I've been trying to avoid EXO. He's still helping me when EXO bullies me. I'm curious. Why is he helping me when he's one of them? Shouldn't he be hating me like they do?

15.05.11

Nothing special about my birthday this time. Except I did find out eyeliner cutie's name. His name is Byun Baekhyun. He's cute, hot and handsome. Triple threat. But then again. He's the enemy's friend. Not mine.

13.09.11

Omma and Appa have been spending less time at home. I miss them. Sungmin oppa called. He said he's not coming during the holiday. They're going to Canada to visit Henry's instead. I miss all of them.

14.09.11

Baekhyun has been really helpful lately. He helps me secretly without them noticing. He's so kind and a triple threat. Wait... Lee Soonkyu. You can't actually be talking that much about him. He's just a life saviour. Right.

12.11.11

THANK YOU SO MUCH BYUN BAEKHYUN! Because of him, the bullying has stopped! Thank you so much! They even insisted on being my friends because of him.  I can't thank him enough right now.

01.01.12

Happy New Year! Finally I feel like I can really breathe. EXO members are now my best friends. Especially Baekhyun. But maybe I'm the only one who thinks that way. Anyways, their fangirls have been angry but EXO's protecting me so I'm not harmed.

15.05.12

It's official. I love Baekhyun.  Anyways, it's my birthday and this time I celebrated it with them. Xiumin bought me a bun keychain.  Luhan, Lay and Chanyeol each bought me different branded caps of different styles. Kris and Suho bought me branded shoes.Tao gave me a Gucci bag. Sehun bought bubble tea. Chen gave me socks. Kai gave me a jacket. D.O gave me a mug. Baekhyun gave me a friendship ring like all of them have and a polaroid that has his picture. My ring has  'Sunny x EXO' on it. I'm going to take care not to lose it.

03.02.15

Taeyeon, Suho's cousin joined us at school today. She's a new trainee. I got bashed. I don't blame her at all. The fangirls have always been jealous and abusive. Just that... Why is Baekhyun behaving differently? He pushed me away for Taeyeon. He ignored me. These days, he calls and texts her more than he does to me. Does he... like her? Fuxk... My heart hurts but I don't own him. I shouldn't be feeling this way.

05.02.15

I'm out of EXO... That hurts. That my only friends kicked me out. Worse of all, it was Baekhyun that broke the news to me. But today, I met another star. Kasper. He's really kind to me. Just like Baekhyun was. Kasper is my only pillar of support now. Not EXO. Not omma. Not my ex dad. Just Kasper. I'm going to keep all my memories with EXO in a box that I'll put in the shed. Including this book. Bye.

12.04.15

Can't believe I'm reading this book again. I realise still love Baekhyun. And I'm an idiot for thinking that he's nice to me out of sincerity. Why do I always get my heart hurt? Got to go. Prom Decorations again with Baekhyun. When I get back, I'm going to hide this book away in the shed.

But she never got back. Baekhyun wiped his tears and puts the journal in the drawer. He stands at Sunny's side. "Pabo! Wake up!" Baekhyun understood then. He loves Sunny too. His jealousy when she's close with other boys. Jealousy was what caused their fights. He felt like an idiot. For not realising he loved her. And instead saying that he loved Taeyeon.

"Sunny! Wake up now! I love you too! Please! Wake up!"

[ D-9 ]

"Woah dude! You look like shiezz" Kris exclaimed when he sees Baekhyun's eye bags. Baekhyun could only look at Sunny. Why aren't you waking up? Xiumin goes over to Sunny and grab her shoulders, shaking her. "Yah! Wake up! Lee Soonkyu! How long are you going to continue sleeping?!" "Hyung! Calm down. She's recovering" Chanyeol wraps his arms around Xiumin, pulling him away from Sunny. Baekhyun tears just like Xiumin does.

Just like that, the next few days passed. Baekhyun continues waiting. He would go home once in a while. But two days before prom night for their sunbaes, he went home at the wrong time. Baekhyun was all dressed and ready to go back to the hospital when he received a call. He answered immediately. "Yoboseyo?" "Mr Baekhyun, patient Lee Soonkyu is missing!" Baekhyun recognises the voice of the nurse in charge of Sunny. That's all Baekhyun needed to hear as he hurriedly got into his car and drove to the hospital.