Project Prom Deco

Baeksun
 
 
 
 
 
Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Baekhyun pressed the doorbell for the 10th time. He frowned and sighed as he called Sunny for the 15th time. "Lee Sunny!" Baekhyun yelled as he knocked on the door. "Yah! It's already 12pm! Don't tell me you're still asleep!" In frustration, he turned the door knob to find the door unlocked. He sighed in irritation and entered the house, locking the door behind him.
 
He looked at the empty house. "Sunny! Lee Soonkyu!" Baekhyun sighed when there was no response. Aish... This girl. He walked up the stairs and went to her room. The door was closed. Being impatient after waiting under the sun for half an hour,  Baekhyun just opened the door and barged in.
 
"Yah Sun-" He froze at the sight he saw. Sunny was sleeping while resting her head on Kasper's chest. Kasper, also sleeping, had his arms around her, keeping her close. Sunny looked beautifully innocent in just an oversized white shirt with shorts underneath but Kasper had to ruin the picture.  Baekhyun scowled and walked over to Sunny's side of the bed. He nudged her with her pillow. "Sunny! Wake up!"
 
Sunny stirred and snuggled herself closer to Kasper. Baekhyun frowned. He went over to the window and pulled the curtains open, letting sunlight fill the room. Sunny and Kasper squinted at the light, getting up from their 'peaceful' sleep slowly. Baekhyun went back to Sunny's side and pulled her off the bed, away from Kasper who was already more than half awake.
 
"Yah! why did you sleep in the same bed as him?!" Baekhyun scolded Sunny, keeping a protective hold on Sunny's arm. Sunny's eyes widened in shock. "Baekhyun? L-let me go... It hurts" Kasper stood up and went to the two. "Yah! Let go of her! She said it hurts!" Baekhyun let go of Sunny, hiding her from Kasper. "You jerk. You tried to do something to her didn't you?!" Baekhyun clenched his fists.
 
Sunny stood in front of Baekhyun. "What are you saying? Kasper didn't do anything!" Baekhyun pushed Sunny behind him again. Kasper just stood there, hands folded across his chest. "You're really an idiot, Baekhyun. You lost her and now you want her back like you own her. You're just jealous aren't you? You never got to share a bed with her. Never held her close-" Baekhyun's fist landed on Kasper's cheek.
 
An intense fight broke out between the two. Sunny was more than awake now. She got between them and pushed them apart. Kasper only had a bruise on the corner of his lips and his cheek. Baekhyun had a bruise on his cheek and the corner of his lips ws bleeding. Sunny looked back and forth between the two. "What is wrong with you guys?! Fighting doesn't solve anything. I know you're men but please don't... Baekhyun, why didn't you call me before coming in?"
 
Baekhyun frowned. "I called you more than 15 times! Rang the doorbell more than 10 times!" Kasper's phone rang. He picked up his phone and looked at the caller id before looking at Sunny. "It's one of the staffs. I'll go first." Sunny nodded. "I'll send you out." She looked at Baekhyun. "Sit down and don't go anywhere"
 
Sunny's POV
 
Upon reaching the door, I held Kasper's wrist gently and cupped his face. I ran my hand over his bruises. "I'm sorry, Kasper. I didn't know he would-" Kasper smiled and pinched my nose gently. "It's okay Sunny. He's an idiot. I understand that. I'm okay. Don't worry." I sighed and hugged him while tiptoeing a little. [height difference :') ] "Be safe, Kasper." Kasper hugged me back for a while before pulling away with a smile. "I'll see you soon Sunshine. Bye." Kasper patted my head. I chuckled and waved "Bye"
 
I sighed and closed the door. I filled a bowl with water, brought along a clean cloth and an ice pack up to my room. I placed the bowl on the bedside table and sat beside Baekhyun on the bed.  I turned him to face me. I touched a bruise and he flinched. I wet the cloth and drained it before wiping off the blood on his face. I tried to ignore it but I couldn't.
 
Author's POV
 
Sunny glanced at Baekhyun only to find him staring at her. She continued to wipe the blood off his face. "Can you stop staring at me, Baekhyun?" Baekhyun winced when she brushed a bruise. "Why was he in the same bed as you?" Sunny frowned. "He has a name. His name is Kasper." Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Answer my question" Sunny placed the cloth into the bowl and took the ice pack. "He stayed over. There's nothing wrong. Why do you care so much? You didn't say anything when you knew that Chen and I shared a bed before."
 
Baekhyun frowned. "That's different! Oww!" He flinched when Sunny placed the ice pack over a bruise. "Chen is a buddy. Kasper is a hooligan." Sunny frowned and pressed on the bruise,  making Baekhyun wince. "Just to let you know, Kasper is not a hooligan. He's still in school and only a year older." Baekhyun pouted "He owns a club at his age?! Even if he's still in school, you can't share a bed with him! Who else have you shared a bed with? How many people? "
 
Sunny raised an eyebrow. "So I'm a to you now?" Baekhyun shook his head, holding the ice pack that Sunny let go of. "No No No. That's not what I meant." Sunny picked up the bowl. "Nevermind. I understand.  Let's just do what you came here for." Sunny went downstairs to empty the bowl and throw away the cloth. Baekhyun followed and placed the ice pack into the fridge. He leaned against the fridge door as he watched Sunny clear water from the bowl and throw the now 'blood dyed' cloth. he knew Sunny was mad at him. Disappointed rather
 
Baekhyun sighed and followed Sunny to the living room where they sat down and started planning the decorations for the theme of their prom. Baekhyun missed Sunny. They were once bestfriends. But it's all different now. He missed being able to sling an arm around her without being shrugged off. He missed the Sunny that smiled more than this version of Sunny. But he didn't know. He was the cause of the new version of Sunny. EXO was the cause. Taeyeon was the cause. The truth was the cause.
 
Baekhyun snapped out of his thoughts and focused on the project again. It is prom night after all. And it's for their sunbaes who will be going to their seperate entertainments to continue their life as an idol instead of a trainee. Baekhyun nodded at what Sunny said before looking up. "So can we start decorating today?"
 
Sunny looked at the time. "Now? At 2pm? Just the two of us?" Baekhyun nodded, determined. "yeah. why not? Come on! We can do it! Building A where the prom is going to be held, is out of bounds for the month to other students except for us because we're in charge. Besides, prom is in a month and we got a lot of work to do. Please~ We finish early and we won't have to spend a month together. We can have free time"
 
Sunny sighed and got up. "Fine. You better not ditch me to do everything because I will kill you." Baekhyun grinned and stood up. "YAY! Let me call the principal to get funds for this project." Sunny frowned. "Are you really gonna trouble that man who is in the hospital, watching over his mother who is on her deathbed just for a credit card?" Baekhyun gave a look of confusion. "How do you know he's there?" Sunny rolled her eyes. "I was in hospital after fainting."
 
Baekhyun nodded slowly. "so... how do you want to buy-" "there's a school credit card in the general office. let's just use that" Baekhyun and Sunny got up and drove (in Baekhyun's car) to the general office. The lady at the counter gave them the card, pin number and key to building A after getting acceptance from the principal. While shopping for the items needed, Sunny didn't say anything to Baekhyun. By the time they were done shopping, it was already 3.45 pm.
 
The two rushed back to Building A and laid out the different items at the areas they were supposed to used for. Sunny was thankful that the building was out of bounds to other students. She didn't want anyone to see her Baekhyun. Of course the other students didn't know that they were no longer friends but she still felt uncomfortable being seen with Baekhyun.
 
This year's theme for their sunbae's prom is 'Reach for the stars'. Sunny and Baekhyun worked on the stairs decorations first. Sunny took extra care when sticking the stars on the staircase that led up to the hall. She stuck strips of blue lights on the edge of the stairs to light the way up. Meanwhile, Baekhyun stuck glow in the dark stars in random orders on the wall.
 
The two worked hard until it was 7 pm. They were already done with the stairs in building A and almost done with the walls. There was still a lot more to do. The two took a break on the stage stairs. Sunny opened the bottle of water and drank. Baekhyun did the same but didn't manage to drink because his phone rang. He put down the bottle and answered the phone call.
 
Baekhyun's tired face gleamed with a smile when he heard Taeyeon's voice on the other side of the line. "Oh? Taeyeon noona? Why are you calling?" Sunny stopped drinking and stared emptily at the floor. The call was not on speaker mode but she could hear Taeyeon's voice.
 
Taeyeon: Baek, everyone's at Suho's house. we're waiting for you
 
Baekhyun: Waiting for me? Why?
 
Taeyeon: Did you forget? Today's bonding day. To make up for last week.
 
Baekhyun: OH! I remember now! I'll be there! See you there noona!
 
Taeyeon: Okay. See you too Baek!
 
Baekhyun hang up and looked at Sunny with a smile. "I have to go." Sunny however, didn't pay attention to him. Baekhyun snapped his hand in front of her. "Yah. Sunny" She broke out of her daze and looked at him blankly. Baekhyun sighed. "I'll be going now" Sunny nodded and handed her hand out. "the credit card and key." Baekhyun threw the card and key on the floor before running out.
 
 
Sunny's POV
 
I sighed and picked up the card and key. He's that eager to see Taeyeon? Guess he really likes her... I looked at a part of the wall that was not done yet. They didn't have bonding days when I was with them. I sighed and started to complete the wall decorations. By the time I was done, it was 7.50pm. I tiptoed to stick the last star on the wall but I couldn't reach high enough. Tired, I gave up and threw the star down. I took my valuables, the credit card and key. I locked down building A and returned the both items to the lady from before.
 
I had no transport so I walked home. I avoided walking past Suho's and took the longer route home. Once I reached home, I was too tired , i collapsed on my bed. I checked my phone and saw that Kasper had sent me many messages.
 
3pm
From: Kasper
>Hey. I rang the doorbell. No one answered. Are you okay?
> Are you outside right now? Sunny?
>Sunny?
 
4.15pm
From: Kasper
>It's already an hour and 15 minutes since my last message
>Are you alright?
>Did that Baekhyun guy do something to you?
>Sunny, please reply to my messages.
 
6pm
From: Kasper
>Sunny
>I'm getting really worried
>Please reply.
>It's been 2 hours and still no reply from you
>Remember what the doctor said about you moving too much... I hope you're not in pain
 
7.20pm
From: Kasper
>Hey
>Did something happen?
>Why aren't you replying to my messages?
>Sunny please reply
 
I wanted to slap myself for making Kasper so worried. I sent a text message to Kasper.
 
To: Kasper
Hey :) Sorry for making you worried. I was in school doing some project and didn't have time to check my phone. Can you come over tonight? the key's under the window.
 
I received a reply immediately.
 
From: Kasper
Sure: I'll come over now :)
 
I tried to keep my eyes open and wait for him but my energy was too drained out to hold on any longer. I let sleep consume me as I hugged my pillow.
 
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
 
Longest update ever! >< Hope you like it!
 
K.S<3