Beautiful Liar

Baeksun

 

 

Of course, SNSD being the popular sunbae, were rarely seen at the company. Even if the boys practiced late till 3 in the morning, there wasn't any signs of activity next door where their sunbaes practiced. The 12 boys of course understood that they had a tight schedule outside. (not that any of them had crushes on the girls- psh of course not!)

Baekhyun leaned his head against the mirror in their practice room energyless. He had stayed behind to practice singing and it was 5 in the morning. He closed his eyes, thinking back.

"So... will we be seeing more of each other?" Sunny turned to him with a smile as bright of her own nickname. "Of course! Especially after you debut. I might come down to your filming too!"

He sighed as he opened his eyes and gazed at the floor. The boys had finished filming for MAMA just yesterday. And yet he hasn't seen Sunny since that day, which was two weeks ago. She said might come down... The public are all anticipating their debut. Heck, they even have a fanclub right now. Baekhyun groaned as his stomach growled for food. Deciding that it was time to go home already.

Baekhyun was packing up his backpack when Chanyeol ran into the room. "There you are! I was just about to get you to come home!" Baekhyun's eyebrows went up. "You could've just texted me." He slung the bag strap over his shoulder and walked towards the door where Chanyeol was. The taller frowned. "I did. You didn't reply. Umin hyung got worried and sent me out" Baekhyun hummed and followed Chanyeol home, as he got nagged about staying too late.

Two days later, they had filming for their History music video. Having 12 members would take a while for them to get ready. Hair styled and outfit perfectly fixed. Baekhyun checked his reflection in the mirror before smiling. Don't be nervous. He checked his phone in case Sunny texted if she's coming but he gets none. Baekhyun sighed and put his phone into his bag before heading onto the set.

The filming ended after 10 hours, including individual cuts with small breaks in between.  After bowing to the staffs, the boys changed out of their outfits and back into their casual clothes. Baekhyun checked his phone as he walked out of the changing room. Still no texts from Sunny.

To: Soonkyu

Our mv filming just ended. You didn't come ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ

"Who's heading back and who's not?" One of their managers asked. Suho looked around. "Those who are going home, raise your hands" Baekhyun would've went home but he needed to have some fresh air so he didn't raise his hand. All the boys except for Kai, Luhan, Lay and Baekhyun. He had no idea where the other three were heading and paid no attention. He walked off right after they were dismissed.

Baekhyun's phone beeped as he walked on the side pathway of an expressway. There were barely any cars, only one or two passing by every five minutes. He took his phone out and checked the message.

From: Soonkyu

Sorry Baek! I had a schedule. I'm about to go to a meeting now. Next time? I promise I'll come down!

Baekhyun sighed. At least Sunny had bothered texting him. He typed back a reply.

To: Soonkyu

Ok :) i hold you to it.

Sunny never replied. Baekhyun shrugged it off, convincing himself that she probably was in a meeting. He finally reached the end of the expressway and walked to a small cafe along the borderlines of Seoul. He almost steps into the open warmth of the cafe until he saw Sunny in the cafe. Talking to a man who Baekhyun could only see the back view of. Sunny was well disguised even if it was three in the morning and so was the guy. Baekhyun having known her for years, could easily recognise her even with disguises on her.

From the looks of it, she was having so much fun just talking to the guy. Baekhyun gave a sad smile even if she has yet to notice him. He takes a step back and out of the cafe, walking away from that shop and heading to the convenience store opoosite the road instead. He bought a large bottle of water and gulped down huge moutfuls of water at once. Trying so desperately to drown the disappointment in him. Maybe Sunny was having a meeting with the guy back there. They just had a meeting at a cafe. Yeah, probably. But still, Baekhyun had to make sure.

To: Soonkyu

Where are you having your meeting? Can I stop by?

Baekhyun looked across the road through the glass of the convenience store and see Sunny digging her bag out and taking her phone out. He receives a reply a minute later.

From: Soonkyu

I'm in a cafe at Ilsan. It's quite far from Seoul. I don't think you should tire yourself :)

Baekhyun smiled sadly. Ilsan? You're right opposite me in Seoul.  He left the large bottle of water at the table he was seating at and starts walking out slowly. Baekhyun took his phone out to text Sunny.

To: Soonkyu

Oh. Ilsan? How's the coffee at Delight's cafe? Is it tasty?

He turns back and sees Sunny's shocked expression as she desperately looked around the cafe and outside. Baekhyun pulled his hoodie over his head and turned around walking away. His phone vibrates a few times but he ignores it.

Liar. You lied to me, Sunny... Beautiful liar...