trust is a scary word

Baeksun

sunny

 

 

(sorry for making CEO Lee Sooman seem like a bad guy, I know he is a father figure but i thought he would suit the evil character here cause of authority and well.. he is her uncle)

Baekhyun got ready with a smile, eyeing the couple ring on his ring finger that he got with Sunny when they went to an amusement park in Japan for a date amidst their packed schedule. That day felt as if they were ordinary human beings instead of idols. With a contented sigh, he dropped his hand back to his side and walked to EXO's practice room.

His initial smile, dropped when he saw the secretary from CEO Sooman's office standing with the members surrounding her. As if on cue, they all stared at him. Baekhyun sighed in exasperation this time, head dropping as he went back out and straight to the CEO's office. No words were needed at this point of time. 

There, yet again, as if a deja vu had happened, Taeyeon was sitting with CEO Lee Sooman opposite her. "oh? Baekhyun! Welcome son! How have you been lately?" Baekhyun politely smiled as he sat, "I'm okay." Lee Sooman gave a satisfied smile. "good good. let's start then?" With a brief nod from both parties, he started. "As you two know, we had agreed to this a while back.. It is now time to start the scandal-"

"I want to back out" CEO Lee  Sooman and Taeyeon turned to look at him in shock. Baekhyun raised his head, firmly addressing his opinion. "I do not want to proceed with this plan. This is not only deceiving the public but is also a lie to myself. I do not want to achieve attention and popularity from doing this." The CEO looked astonished. "you punk... This again?!who said we are deceiving anybody? If you two want to date go ahead. I was only suggesting a scandal but you dont have to be faking it. Besides, this is business"

Taeyeon hung her head low. She couldn't believe how adamant Baekhyun was. She couldn't believe that he's actually protesting against her. That he was not going to help her. Baekhyun frowned, raising his tone a little higher. "I do not want to! I am not going ahead with this!" CEO Lee Sooman turned to Taeyeon. "Taeyeon ah.. can you wait outside for a while? I have to privately chat with him" With no words muttered, Taeyeon got up and out of the room. she went to the washroom, slumping against the tiled wall tiredly.

CEO Sooman directed a stern gaze to Baekhyun. "You think I don't know? You harbour feelings for my niece, Sunny, don't you? How do you think our Soonkyu would feel if you don't help me with this?  who would Soonkyu believe? You or me?" Baekhyun's fists clenched in anger at the mention of Sunny. Bastard.. How dare he use her against me...

"Besides, I heard your family needed money? i shall give you a large sum if you go ahead with this" CEO Sooman gave a devil-like smirk at this. Money was hard to resist after all. Baekhyun scoffed. "Are you a real CEO? A real CEO wouldn't force me to do stuff I do not want to. And are you threatening me right now?" CEO Sooman cackled softly. "Ah...young man.. you don't know how business works dont you? If you don't want to lose two of the most precious things to you, I suggest you listen and do as I say. I trust that you are smart enough to know what that means"

What else could Baekhyun do but agree...

______________________________________

Baekhyun quickly texted Sunny before he had started the project.

To: Sun~

Mianhae.. i have no choice. They wanted me to do this

Baekhyun gulped as he turned to Taeyeon. "Do we have to do this?" Taeyeon nodded slowly. "Mm.. dont worry.. our lips wont touch. The paparazzi is in front so only from its angle will it look like it touched" He nodded as he slightly glanced in the area of the paparazzi to find a camera pointing at them.

Before he could even register it, Taeyeon had leaned forward and hovered her face over his, mumbling softly. "close your eyes" Baekhyun gripped his hands tightly, finger fiddling with the ring. He only had Sunny in mind as he felt the brief flutter of Taeyeon's lips against his. When Taeyeon pulls away, he takes a moment to collect himself, sending a bitter smile before getting out of the car, walking to his where his manager waited. Sending a knowing look, his manager started the car and drove back to the dorm. Baekhyun checked his phone to find that Sunny had left a couple of messages to him.

From : Sun~

What?

Baekkie whats going on?

Are you alright?

why are you saying sorry?

who are they?

Baekkie?

Call me when you can Baek

pls

I'm worried

Byun Baekhyun please

Sighing, he closes his eyes as he slumped more against his seat. How would he face Sunny now.. He took one deep breath before scrolling through his contacts, calling the contact.

...

"Care for a drink with me?"

 

-----------------------------------

Meanwhile Sunny spent her time lounging on the sofa, a frown settled on her brows as she stared at her phone. She heaved a sigh of defeat as she tossed the phone beside her. Exactly what was wrong with Baekhyun? she thought of all the possibilities, shaking them away as she ruled them out impossible and consistently reminded herself to stay positive.

Just then her phone had lit up, screen bright in the darkness of her living room. Baekhyun! Hurriedly she reaches for it and picks up the call. "Baek! .. whats wrong"