Stay

Baeksun

 

The funeral of Baekhyun's mum and Sunny's  mum were held on the same day. The social media was full of comments about the passing of Sunny's mum. The funeral was held at the lawn beside Sunny's house. The reporters were busy taking videos and photos behind them, outside of the house. and  Both relatives from both sides came.  The caskets were placed side by side. 

Sunny places a white tulip on Baekhyun's mum's casket with teary eyes before wallking to her mum's with heavy footsteps. She places her other tulip on the casket Her tears fall as she knelt in front of it. Her black dress pooled over her legs. Her tears fall but her expression remains blank, soundlessly crying in front of everyone.

"Omma... Mianhae..." Sunny whispered as more tears fall. Someone else drops on his knees beside her and sobs. She didn't have to look to know that it was Sungmin. Her oppa. "I'm so sorry. Omma...  I couldn't be here most of the time... I'm sorry I wasn't here when you passed away... I'm sorry... I'm such an ungrateful son...

Sunny turns to her brother slowly and  a tear falls as she watches Sungmin blame himself. Sungmin's black suit was slightly crumpled. Sunny assumes he was in a rush. She placed her hand on his shoulder gently. "Oppa... Omma doesn't hate you. I didn't get to see her when she passed away either. Don't blame yourself oppa... Omma won't be happy" Sungmin turned to face Sunny. Both shared a look of sadness before hugging each other.

Sungmin patted his sister's back gently. "I'm sorry Sunny... I wasn't here for you when so many things happened" Sunny shook her head. "it's okay. Oppa was busy promoting overseas. It's fine" Sunny looked over to the other casket and saw Baekhyun standing in front of it with eyes closed. Beside him was his dad who was doing the same thing. Both father and son wore matching black suits.

Sunny pulled away from the hug and stood up, pulling her brother up too. "Soonkyu ah... Sungmin..." The two siblings turned and saw their family members giving them a small smile. The two bowed before letting their relatives pay their respects. Sunny and Sungmin bowed politely at any relative that came and went as they stood beside their mum's casket, eyes never leaving the ground for more than 20 seconds.

Baekhyun's POV

I looked at Omma in the casket and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath to calm my tears. Appa put his arm around my shoulder. "Don't worry son. Your omma is not alone." I nod as I tore my eyes away from Omma's casket and went to Sunny's omma's casket. I placed my white rose on her casket and bowed three times. I went to Sunny and Sungmin to greet them.

I politely bowed with a small smile. "Sorry for your lost" Sunny slightly bowed. "I'm sorry for your lost too. I'm especially sorry  that because of me when your mother passed away, you weren't by her side" I shook my head. "It's fine. At least up there, our mothers have each other by their side. Bestfriends in life and death" Sunny noded. "True"

"Soonkyu... Sungmin" The three of us turned and I saw an unfamiliar man wearing a black suit and a younger woman by his side. I turned to Sunny and saw that she was looking at him like he was disgusted and hated him. I looked at Sungmin hyung and he was scowling. I assumed this was their ex father who cheated on their mother. 

Sungmin hyung frowned. "What are you doing here?" The man smiled. "Is this the way you greet your father?" Sunny burst. "Father?  You don't deserve that title. I am disgusted by you the minute I saw you having with your !" The woman beside the man gasped. "YAH! You rude brat... Darling~ Look at her! So insolent" Their ex father cleared his throat. "I am here to pay respect to your mother. It's a sad thing she passed away because of her carelessness" He placed the flowers -Mrs Lee's favourite flowers- onto the casket. 

Author's POV

Sungmin took the flowers and threw it at the man. "You don't deserve to be here! You cheated on omma and broke her heart! How dare you come to her funeral with your mistress and still say bad things about her! Get lost!" The paparazzi went wild, eager at the new happenings. Their ex father stepped forward and punched Sungmin. "You rude brat! I raised you for nothing" Sunny gasped as she went forward and pushed her father. "Kkeojyeo! (Get lost) You bastard!"

Mr Lee gritted his teeth as he slapped Sunny, making her fall to the ground.  Baekhyun punched Mr Lee angrilly. "Do you have no remorse? Causing trouble at your ex-wife's funeral and punching your own children! You better go away or I'll call the police" Mr Lee pointed at Baekhyun. "You... watch out" Baekhyun watched as their father left with his mistress, the paparazzi snapping photos of him.

Baekhyun immediately turned to help Sunny who was cupping her cheek on the floor. Sungmin who had been slapped angrilly grabbed his jacket. "I'm going to find that bastard" He ran off without another word, brushing past the waiting paparazzi. Baekhyun carried Sunny into her house and placed her on the couch. She had a red hand mark on her left cheek. His father came into the house and sighed.  "Lee really changed... I'll go outside and handle the funeral."

Baekhyun nodded before turning to Sunny who had tears in her eyes as she cupped her red cheek. "Hey... It's okay if you want to cry" Sunny closed her eyes, tears streaming down her cheek. Baekhyun immediately sat beside Sunny and patted her back. He gently held her red hair away from her face. "Let it all out." Sunny turned to Baekhyun and hugged him while crying.

Baekhyun was stunned but still wrapped his arms around her anyways. "I'm sorry" Sunny sobbed. Baekhyun pulled away and wiped Sunny's tears away, softly brushing across the red mark on her cheek. "What do you mean?" Sunny couldn't meet Baekhyun's eyes. "For always ignoring you and EXO" Baekhyun shook his head. "It's alright. We understand why"

A knock on the door made the two turn. Kasper was standing there, panting. Sunny stood up and hugged Kasper. Baekhyun could only smile. He knew how long it had been since Sunny met Kasper. Kasper smiled softly and patted Sunny's head. "I'm sorry, Sunny. I wasn't here for you when so many things happened." Sunny shook her head and pulled away from the hug. "It's okay. You were busy"

Baekhyun smiled as he approached the two. "Let's go outside" The three walk outside slowly. The paparazzi immediately started snapping photos of them. Baekhyun turned when he saw a car pull up the driveway. EXO came out and ran towards them. Sunny kept her head low and continued walking until she stood beside her mother's casket. EXO paid their respect to Baekhyun's mum first.

As the twelve of them paid respect to Sunny's mother, she stood quietly beside Kasper and bowed. Xiumin was first to finish paying his respect and went over to Sunny. "You okay? What happened to your cheek?" Sunny shrugged. "It's nothing. Minseok oppa... I'm sorry for what happened after..." Xiumin shook his head with a smile. "it's nothing"

That moment, Sunny spent it apologising to the other EXO members. Taeyeon came right before they had to send the caskets away, managing to pay her respects for both. Sunny followed behind the car, looking down to avoid the paparazzi and not show them her tears. She was joined by Kasper and Taeyeon as they walked until the car went away. They stood aside and held their heads low as the car with Baekhyun's mum's casket in it drives pass.  Baekhyun just like Sunny walked with his head low and joined by EXO.

When both cars drove away, so did the paparazzi and their visitors. Sunny let out a sigh before weakly walking to one of the chairs and sitting down. Baekhyun bid farewell to EXO and Taeyeon. Mr Byun looked at Sunny's back view in concern. "It doesn't look like she'll be okay. Go and console her. I'll be flying back to America for work" Baekhyun bowed and hugged his father. He watched his father drive away before walking to Sunny.

Sunny had her eyes closed as she tried to maintain her composure and not cry. Baekhyun sat beside her and looked at her in concern. "Are you still sad?" Sunny shook her head, slowly opening her eyes. "I regret. Regret always hating her for working and rarely being at home. I wish I had appreciated her more. Wish I could turn back time and be more mature" Baekhyun held Sunny's hand in his. "You are"

Sunny shook her head. "I was immature. Anyways, you should go home. I'm going in now" Sunny stood up but fell back into her seat. Baekhyun placed his hand on her back in worry. "You alright?" She rubbed her temple with a frown. "I'm dizzy" She tried to stand up again and this time Baekhyun helped her. "You know what? You don't look okay. So I'm going to stay"

----------------------------------------------------

thanks if you were patiently waiting for my update ^^

https://twitter.com/taengkoongie/status/586500562947969024