Coma

Baeksun
 
[ D-1 ]
 
Baekhyun sits in the chair by Sunny's bed and watches the sleeping beauty in front of him. Kasper went home two minutes ago. He had to handle Toxic Club matters. Before Kasper left, he patted Baekhyun's shoulder. "I can tell you love her. You have to quickly realise it"
 
Baekhyun stares at Sunny as Kasper's statement repeats in his mind. I can tell you love her. I don't... I can tell you love her. I love...You have to quickly realise it. Baekhyun sighs and throws his head back in frustration. He stands up and makes his way to Sunny. "You... I can't possibly love you. But you make me forget Taeyeon's name. I always say I love her. I do.But you..." Baekhyun trails off as he stares at Sunny's soft features. He sighs and sits again. "Just wake up soon..."
 
[ D-2 ]
 
It's the second day Sunny's in coma. Today, Chen and Xiumin came to accompany him. "go and freshen up" Xiumin patted Baekhyun's shoulder. Chen smiles, trying to enlighten the mood. "Go get something to eat too! It's only one day but you look like a zombie" Baekhyun pouts and hits Chen before leaving the private ward with his bag of spare clothes.
 
After washing himself, he changed into a white sweater and black shorts. Baekhyun bought three packets of bread and three cups of americano before going back. He passes Chen and Xiumin bread and coffee. Baekhyun chooses to seat at the sofa in the corner of the room and eat.
 
Chen settles down beside him and sips his coffee. He passes Baekhyun his bread "Eat this. I ate breakfast at home." Baekhyun nods, eating the bread too. Xiumin stood beside Sunny's bed, quietly munching the bread. He turns to Baekhyun. "Did she wake up before we came?" Baekhyun shook his head and sipped some coffee.
 
Chen finished his coffee. Throwing it into the rubbish bin, he turned back to Baekhyun. "What about prom decorations for the sunbaes (seniors)? You're supposed to complete in three weeks time" Baekhyun frowns. "I forgot about that. I'll go now." Xiumin stopped him. "Go tomorrow. Call the others too. They should be free"
 
[ D-3 ]
 
Baekhyun stopped by Suho's for a quick bath and breakfast. He heads to school with EXO-M members and Sehun. As for watching over Sunny, Kai, D.O, Suho and Chanyeol were in charge.
 
They went into building A. The members walked ahead. Baekhyun slowed down as they entered the hall. He stared at stage and feels frustrated. Why did I take my own sweet time at the convenience store? "Bwoya?! Blood?! Is this Sunny's?" Lay asks as he freezes right in front of the spot. Baekhyun nods, walking over to the crime scene. "I found her lying down here, right beside all these pieces of broken ladder." Kris sighs. "We have to clean it up. Not me" Luhan raises his hands in surrender. "Not me either" Tao gasps. "Not me three!" Silence linger between the eight of them. Sehun rolls his eyes. "I'll do it. It's just blood" Xiumin smiles and pats Sehun's back. "work hard maknae" I stepped forward and started picking up the ladder pieces.
 
By the time the clock struck 6 pm, almost all the decorations were hung up. The crime scene had been cleaned, leaving behind no trace. EXO-M and Sehun went home after a long day. Baekhyun drove to the hospital and hurried to Sunny's private ward. When he entered, everyone was sleeping except Chanyeol and Kai. Baekhyun looked at the two with hopeful eyes. "Did she wake up?" Kai and Chanyeol both shook their heads with soft gazes. Baekhyun slowly walked to the bed. Chanyeol patted his shoulder. "We took turns watching her. She never woke up" Baekhyun could only nod.
 
[ D-3 ]
 
Morning came and Baekhyun woke up with a jolt. He finds a warm blanket draped around him. Sunny's still in dreamland. The door of the private ward opens and in comes Taeyeon with her hands full. She smiles and approaches him. "You woke up so fast. I only left for 5 minutes. The others went home" She passes him a bottle of juice and a sandwich. Baekhyun eats the sandwich as he watches Sunny sleep.
 
"Baekhyun, are you still feeling guilty?" He looks up and find Taeyeon staring at him with worry. Baekhyun gives a small smile "A little. I guess. If only I had been more worried about her using the old ladder. If only I didn't take that long at the convenience store. If only-" "Stop! Baekhyun!" Taeyeon's eyes were teary as she walked to his side. She sits down beside him and places her hand on his shoulder. "All those regrets and you say only feel a little guilty?! You know Sunny wouldn't want that!" Baekhyun sadly looks at Sunny. "Look at her... She's smiling even longer  than she did when she was conscious" Taeyeon was going to reply but the door opened.
 
Both turned and found Kasper standing at the door. Kasper nods at their direction. "Baekhyun, can I talk to you for a moment?" Baekhyun gets up and follows Kasper out, closing the door behind him. Taeyeon lets her tears go. She looks at Sunny. "Look at him. I really hope you wake up soon. Knock some sense into that idiot" Taeyeon took her bag and left the ward.
 
On the other hand, Kasper brought Baekhyun to the staircase. He took out a book from his bag. Baekhyun's eyes widened when he remembers.
 
"You left this"
 
"You didn't... read it did you?"
 
Baekhyun looked at Kasper again. "How? It's Sunny's..." Kasper smiles. "I got a spare key to her house. Found this on her bedroom floor. Thought you might want to know what's been in her head" Kasper hands the book to Baekhyun. "That's all. I got to go. Toxic Club's growing fast" Baekhyun smiles and pats Kasper's back. "Thanks. All the best" The two parted. Baekhyun rushes to Sunny's ward. He sighs when he finds it quiet with just Sunny lying on the hospital bed.
 
[ D-4 ]
 
Baekhyun wakes up with Sunny's journal hugged tightly to his chest. He still hasn't read it yet. He runs to the toilet to wash his face before rushing back to the ward. He stands beside Sunny's bed and brushes away her bangs. Sunny looks lifeless. Lips dry, eyes closed, pale and motionless. Baekhyun brushes her cheek with the back of his hand. Cold. Baekhyun pulls the blanket over her hands to keep her warm. The door opens, signalling the presence of a guest.
Baekhyun turns only find Lay, Tao, Sehun, Kris and Luhan. Sehun smiles. "It's our turn to take care of her" Kris nudges Baekhyun. "Go home. Shower and change. Your mum must be worried." Baekhyun looks at Sunny, hesitating to leave her side. Lay lands a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Go. We'll be here. If there's anything, we'll call you" Luhan nods and smiles as well "If you come back before 3pm, I'll send you back. Get some proper rest and eat" Tao and Sehun nodded.
 
Baekhyun headed home as asked by the members. Mrs Byun smiled as her son entered. "Aigoo~ Was your stayover at Suho's fun?" Baekhyun slowly nods. He almost forgot his lie to his mum. Baekhyun had a refreshing shower before dressing up again and sitting at the dining table. He starts eating spaghetti that was cooked by Mrs Byun. She sits opposite her son, watching as he eats. "Your dad is at London for a few contracts. He'll be back in a few weeks. I haven't seen Sunny lately. Have you told her about her mum going abroad for a month?" Baekhyun drinks a sip of juice. "Yes. I told her" A lie. I'm sorry omma. "She's staying over at her friends' house" Another lie. I'm really sorry. Mrs Byun looked convinced though.
 
"Since when was this?" Baekhyun almost chokes on his spaghetti. He gives Mrs Byun a curious look instead of a scared one. Mrs Byun shrugs. "What? I just saw a cute and handsome guy entering their house yesterday-" "Kasper! He's Sunny's uh... i don't really know. Close friend i guess." Mrs Byun raises her eyebrow. "You know him?" Baekhyun nods. "We're friends" Mrs Byun smiles. "What about you and Taeyeon?" Just like that, the fourth day passes by and Baekhyun returns to the hospital to watch over Sunny for the fourth night.
 
[fast forward]
 
Day 5 , 6 and 7 passed by. The doctor came in once in a while to check. The nurses cleaned and changed Sunny's hospital gown. But nothing. No sign of her waking up anytime soon. Today was D-8. Taeyeon dropped by in the morning but avoided communication with Baekhyun. She was angry at him. Not that much but still angry. Baekhyun was an idiot in many ways.
 
Baekhyun was pretty much left alone when Taeyeon leaves at 3pm. He holds Sunny's journal in his hands. Should I read? I guess there's nothing wrong.... He gives Sunny one last look before opening the journal.