the start of the fall

Baeksun

The silence that filled up the room made Baekhyun more anxious. Sunny quietly scans his eyes as if wanting to know what his thoughts are. Sunny took a step back. "I need time"

Baekhyun groaned, running a frustrated hand through his hair. "Time? Its been years already... ah it must be that guy of yours. You have feelings for him? I know it can't be Kasper since you and him are just like siblings now. So who is he? Who?!"

Sunny took a deep breath, sighing as she looked down. "No one important. Forgive me for being selfish. But i do need time." Baekhyun shook his head, holding onto Sunny's shoulders. "I'm not gonna give you time. You decide. With me.. or without me.."

"Calling all SM idols. ALL SM idols please report backstage for finale. All SM-" The announcement went on. Sunny held Baekhyun's arms, pushing them back to his side. "Let's just talk some other time. We have to be professional now"

She gave him one last glance before heading out of the room. Baekhyun shut his eyes tight, taking a deep breath to keep the irritation away. He opened the door, following off after Sunny. A shadow eyed them from behind. Of course, two idols having a secret meeting in the room alone. That itself was an interesting scandal. Looking through the snaps he took, he smirked. This would definitely earn him a promotion.

SNSD slowly went onstage, singing and clapping along, bowing and waving to fans. Exo followed soon after. Several times, as they walked around the stage, they had crossed paths. Baekhyun giving Sunny a few glances as the other only directed her gazes to the fans.

The tour ended. Although Baekhyun was fast at running to SNSD's waiting room after changing his own attire, the girls had apparently already left. He walked back to his own waiting room, feeling down.

--------

Just like that. Days. Weeks. Passed. Baekhyun had not heard from Sunny nor from the girls. He only saw them on news sites. The boys themselves were occupied with their schedules in and out of country. It was on their resting day that he got a call. From a very very known person.

"CEO? Ani... Lee Sooman?! Why would he want to meet you? Did you create any trouble?" Suho questioned as Baekhyun got ready to leave.

The other only shrugged making his way to the office. He too found it weird. Why him..

At the office, Baekhyun removed his disguises and went upstairs. He couldnt helped but be in awe of the luxurious deco. Led to a room, he knocked before entering and there was.. Taeyeon?!

Confused and flustered, he bowed repeatedly as he greeted before taking a seat next to Taeyeon whose face was beet red. "Ani. Why dont you two sit closer?" Sooman asked as he looked at the two.

"Ah.. ye" Baekhyun and Taeyeon moved their chairs closer. At this, Sooman gave a proud smile. "Good good. You two are a suitable match." Baekhyun blinked in confusion. "A match you say...?"

Sooman chuckled at the enquiry. "Oh pardon my directness. I thought of it. Since both EXO and SNSD are taking a break from promoting, there still needs to news of the two groups. And Taeyeon is about to make a solo debut soon. This is the perfect time. Why not. You two have a scandal"

"WHAT?" Baekhyun exclaimed loudly as he distanced himself from Taeyeon, stunning the other even. "Calm down young one. Isnt your favourite SNSD member Taeyeon? Think of this as a privelege. You two dont necessarily have to do anything. Just go out together, we'll get your pictures taken by the press. And then we'll announce your relationship official. Just that."

Baekhyun was flabbergasted as he stared at the CEO in shock. "Ani.. Sajangnim (CEO-nim) I cant do this. Ani for so many years I've known Taeyeon noona, not that i dont like her, but i can't. A-and why me? Why not Chen or Kai? I-its not Taeyeon noona that i like. Yes i admire her but I can't fake a relationship with her."

Taeyeon whose face was red from blushing is now red with embarrassment. Sure she had expected Baekhyun to be shocked. But she sure hadnt expect this kind of reaction from him. It was uncalled for. The CEO raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun as he leaned against his chair. "Are you saying you have a girlfriend already? And are you seriously disagreeing with me? Why this p-"

A few knocks on the door interrupted his words. His secretary peeked in, giving a bow. "Sorry to interrupt Mr Lee but there is an urgent matter that needs to be attended to."

Mr Sooman cleared his throat, fixing his tie as he walked out. "I'll be back. You two think about it" The door slammed behind Taeyeon and Baekhyun. The younger groaned, hands balled up in frustration.

Taeyeon looked at the other, cautiously starting the conversation. "Do you hate the idea of being associated with me that much? Did I do something wrong somehow?" Baekhyun turned to the other, shaking his head. "Its not that i hate you noona. I just cant. You know that I love Sunny-" "no. Yah. This is business. Your feelings dont have to get involved. Just agree. We only need to get caught by the papparazzi. That's all."

"But-"

"Please"

Baekhyun couldn't deny that he was swayed about his stand in this matter. The word please especially from someone like Taeyeon who matters to him, it had a strong power. The pleading look did not help one bit.

The door opened and in entered Mr Sooman. He scanned the two, taking his seat in the CEO chair slowly. "I assumed you two had discussed about this matter? So, young man, what is your answer?"

Baekhyun sighed, hands clenching under the table. "I'll... I'll do it" Sooman gave a proud smile and stood up, shaking Baekhyun's hand. "That's good! I'll arrange the date. Be prepared then. If theres nothing else, dismiss"

Baekhyun shook the old man's hand before storming off. Taeyeon bowed politely before walking out. She turned the corner only to find that Baekhyun had taken the lift down already. Taeyeon sighed, biting her lower lip as she waited for the lift. Byun Baekhyun.. why do you like Sunny so much?

Meanwhile Baekhyun was sitting in his car, head rested against the steering wheel. He sighed, leaning back in his seat. "Never thought I would agree to this fake relationship"

His phone rang and Sunny's id 'My Sunshine' popped on the screen. A smile appeared on his features immediately and his frown disappeared. He answered the call, putting it on speaker mode and leaving it on his phone stand so he could drive.

"Yoboseyo???" Baekhyun spoke up. "Baek? W-where are you?" Sunny's voice sounded nervous, making him smile as he drove. "Let's see... i'm driving around Seoul. Why?"

There was a short pause. Baekhyun stopped at the red light. "Sunny? Whats wrong?" Sunny's voice rang in again soon after. "Can you fetch me? I'm at Min's cafe." Baekhyun started driving to Min's cafe. "Okay~ get me coffee will you? I'm thirsty" "oh" Sunny voice was more soft now. "See you" Baekhyun chuckled, repeating the two words like she said it before letting her hang up.

It did not take long for Baekhyun to be arriving at Min's cafe already. He called Sunny again, briefly saying that he had arrived before hanging up. He watched as a petite Sunny ran down, carrying two cups of drinks.

Baekhyun smiled at how adorable the sight was with Sunny just in an oversized black sweater and shorts underneath, wearing her favourite Converse shoes. He reached over and opened the car door for her, taking his drink as the smaller sat in the car and closed the door.

Sunny sighed in relief, slumping against her seat. Baekhyun chuckled as he took a sip of his drink before placing it into the holder. "So where to?" Sunny waved him off tiredly. "Anywhere" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, reaching over to buckle her in. "Anywhere?" Sunny nodded, focused on drinking her coffee.

Turns out Baekhyun's anywhere was Hangang River. By the time they arrived it was a little half past six. The two unbuckled and walked towards a bench, taking a seat facing the river. Sunny chuckled softly as she looked around. "Good spot. Not many people here. Safe for us"

Baekhyun looked at the scenery before turning to her. "So why did you call me suddenly?" Sunny turned too. "My decision. Do you still want to hear it?"

Baekhyun nodded quietly. Sunny smiled as she turned fully to face him. "My decision is.." They sat apart as a few people cycled past them. Sunn turned back to Baekhyun once they were out of sight.

"Yes" Baekhyun froze, scanning Sunny's eyes for signs that it was a joke. "R-really?! You really mean it?" Sunny nodded as she smiled. "Yes. Yes. YES!" Baekhyun cheered as he held her hand before hugging her. The matter with Taeyeon and the company was pushed to the back of his head. He was too elated. How many years has he waited for Sunny to agree and now she said it. YES

He beamed as Sunny returned the hug. A tight embrace. As if nothing in the world mattered but them. And that they were in love. And they were together now, bracing to face the hurdles of life.

Sunny chuckled as she pulled away from the hug, tapping his nose. "Are you that happy?" Baekhyun grinned as he nodded. "Of courseeee! How long have I waited for you-" He was cut off by Sunny who leaned in and pecked his lips. "You talk too much"

Baekhyun's cheeks were beet red as he stuttered. "A-Ani.. How could you steal a kiss like that? It should be-" "wait stop. Kiss? Its a peck!" Sunny cut him off again. "Kiss is with tongue and a peck is just our lips briefly meeting-"

Yes. Thats right. Byun Baekhyun kissed Sunny. Just like any other korean dramas where the lead female and male kiss. It was really romantic. A feeling only the two could describe. Ani.. A feeling where even the two can't describe. Words are insufficient. So is the action. Indeed a kiss when shared with a loved one is very special. Its all in the heart and mind.

-------------------------------

Just like that, a few weeks passed. The two were dating. And of course, just like any other typical stories, they were the happiest people alive. Though it was hard meeting up and getting around cause- who am i kidding- their idols! They still had loads of fun and happiness. Not like any other ordinary couple but the feeling is mutual.

And of course at times like this, something should happen. Something would strike them at their happiest moments of their lives and drag them down. Something that every story has. Hurdles, challenges, betrayal, hatred, misunderstandings, hatred, revenge. And as you would already know. In their case.

Baekyeon scandal