Deep

Baeksun

 

Baekhyun had helped Sunny into her house. The two sat side by side on the couch, silently staring into space. Sunny was still frowning as she rubbed her temple. Baekhyun looked at her in concern. "You having a headache?" 

Sunny took her time to reply. "Probably... Probably just a headache" Baekhyun sat closer and helped her massage her temples. Sunny slightly opened her eyes. "Thanks"

Baekhyun could only offer her a smile. "You look more stressed out than before. I mean, I know that you're upset with your mother passing away but-" "Debut" Sunny cut him off. 

She opened her eyes slowly. "We have released many songs underground. And now that we're publicised, we have to promote all over again. Our schedules are so packed I feel like I'm suffocating but we're only promoting our first song. By the time we get to Lion Heart, you would've debuted already"

Baekhyun continued massaging gently. "Are you dieting?" Sunny nodded. "Need to maintain my weight" 

Baekhyun chuckled, in a not really laughing manner. "You sure you're not starving yourself?" Sunny met Baekhyun's gaze and smiled. "I'm not. I eat a meal a day"

Baekhyun's eyes widened as he stopped massaging her temples. "HOW IS THAT NOT STARVING YOURSELF?" Sunny shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm still eating, relax" Baekhyun held her hands in his. "Look how thin you are. Do you remember how chubby you were back then?" 

Sunny shook her head. "Nothing stays the same." Baekhyun frowned. "But you're weaker than before"

She sighed. "Weaker but as long as no one knows-" 

Baekhyun exploded. "You're going to keep smiling and pretend everything's fine but you're not? Sunny that's unhealthy

She gave a sad smile as she stared into space. "You didn't seem to think so when I first distanced myself" 

Baekhyun froze. "What?"

"You were so stuck with Taeyeon. I noticed. The first time she joined, you pushed me away for her.You didn't say sorry or ask if I was okay. Her birthday's hidden camera. I was only joking but you were actually angry at me. When I got bashed and ran away. I heard you saying that I could take care of myself." 

Baekhyun was stunned. "Sunny ah..."

Sunny continued. "You only looked for me because Taeyeon told you to. When I officially was to be seperated from EXO, you broke the news to me. And it seemed like you just wanted to get it over with.  After all of it, you only came to me when you were told to or when you felt guiltyNone of your approach was real

Baekhyun shook his head. "That's not true, Sunny"

She ignored him and continued. "You only came because you had no choice. You didn't want to look bad in front of her. The incident at the club, with the Kwon gang, you cared about Taeyeon. Not me. I've been with you much longer than her. 8 years meant nothing to a few months with Taeyeon. You love Taeyeon so much you actually didn't care about me. You disrupted my times with Kasper because you were angry at me. You thought I was becoming a cheap woman"

Baekhyun closed his eyes before opening them again. "Then what about you? You liked me since the first time I helped you. But you kept that a secret. You kept your emotions to yourself thinking that no one would care anyway. Do you know how much pain I felt when I found out you were keeping to yourself? You knew that at first I didn't like Kasper but you were always with him. If I was pretending to care, then why were you being stubborn?"

Sunny's looked away and took deep breath. "I told you that our friendship was over the minute I departed from EXO. Why were you poking your nose in my business? And about me liking you, it's... You knew but you choose to keep quiet and instead spend more time with Taeyeon. The chances of me talking to you is rare. But when  we do, it's all Taeyeon. I have no problems with her just you. Why can't you see me when I'm right beside you?!" Her voice broke as she started to cry.

Baekhyun turned Sunny to face him and hugged her. Sunny cried as she threw harmless punches to his chest. He hugged her tightly and patted her hair. "I'm sorry... Just don't cry... Please" 

The two stayed in the same position until Sunny's crying stopped. Baekhyun looked down and saw that she had fallen asleep. He carefully picked her up and carried her to her bedroom. God... All that dieting has made her paper weight. 

He placed her on her bed gently. "You might think that I don't know. But I actually do. You hate when others see you cry because you want to be that strong girl. And at the same time you hate how no one notices how badly torn and broken you are"

---------------------------------------------------------

Just a short chappie since I felt like it :')