Prom Deco pt.2

Baeksun
 
 
[ Next Morning ]
 
Baekhyun's POV
 
As I was having breakfast, I remembered that we still had a lot to do for prom deco. I rushed up to take my phone before sitting back at the dining table.
 
To: Sunny
 
Prom Deco today. Got a lot to do and only three weeks left. Meet me outside my house in 15 minutes.
 
Sunny's POV
 
I woke up upon hearing my phone's message ringtone. My sleepy eyes widened as I read Baekhyun's message. Three weeks?!15 minutes to get ready?! Oh . I hurriedly bathed, dried my hair and changed into a long white shirt and pants. I matched it with blue converse. I took my valuables and ran out to see  Baekhyun impatiently leaning against his car. He looked up and saw me running towards him.
 
"Yah! Why are you so late?! i'm burning out here!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes, slightly panting as I reached his side. "Why were you waiting outside your car? By the way, I have my own car too so why bother waiting for me?" Baekhyun froze for a while before regaining his poker face. "Whatever. Have you had breakfast?"
 
I frowned and shook my head. "You woke me up with your message! 15 minutes of havoc in my house because of you-" He opened the passenger seat and pushed me in, not listening to me. He went to the driver seat and put on his seatbelt. I just stared at him in shock of being cut off.
 
Author's POV
 
Baekhyun turned to Sunny and noticed her just staring blankly at him. He chuckled and reached over her, face so close to hers. "Buckle up" Baekhyun helped her put on her seatbelt, smirking as he the engine and started driving. Sunny stared out the window. What the hell was that? why is he so kind all of a sudden?
 
When the traffic light turned red, Baekhyun reached behind the backseat. He gave Sunny a sandwich and coffee. "My mum made it. She wanted you to have some. And by the way, I only helped you because she was watching me from the window." i knew it . That was all Sunny could think of as she ate the sandwich quietly.
 
The two reached school and went through the same routine. They took the key for building A and went in. They went to the stage where the last star was found torn on the floor. Baekhyun picked it up and sighed. "What do we do about this?" Sunny shrugged as she started doing the other decorations. "Abandon it" Baekhyun put the star in the rubbish dump before doing the other decorations.
 
[ 3pm ]
 
The two had been working hard for 6 hours now. Baekhyun gulped as he wiped his sweat away. "Where can I get a ladder?" Sunny asked as she held a decoration that was to be hung up on the prom King and Queen podium. Baekhyun fanned himself. "In the storeroom behind the hall" Sunny placed the deco down and went to the room. After a while, she found a ladder. She yelled from inside. "It looks pretty old!" Baekhyun frowned. "Just use it! I'm going to buy some drinks and food!" He yelled back before taking his wallet and car key, leaving Sunny alone.
 
Sunny's POV
 
Aish... He always leaves me alone to do the work. I looked at the ladder again. It looks pretty run down... But there's no other ladders. I'll just use it. I carried the ladder to the podium and stepped back to plan a little. I opened up the ladder and grabbed the decoration. I knocked the ladder twice to check if it's stable. Okay.... I can do it.
 
I held onto the ladder tightly with one hand and held the decoration with the other. I took one step up at a time, pausing to take a deep breath and stabilise myself. As I reached the sixth step, the ladder started to shake. "omo! come on Sunny! you can do it!" I muttered to myself.
 
I took one more step up and it shook again. I took deep breaths to calm myself down. Just one last step... I took another step up and froze as I waited for the ladder to stabilise. Yes! I did it! I heaved a sigh of relief and reached over to put up the decoration when the ladder started to shake again. "AH!" I let out a scream of shock as the ladder broke down and I felt myself falling backwards.
 
[  3.15pm ]
 
Baekhyun's POV
 
Something doesn't feel right... I frowned as I made my way into building A. Aish! It's nothing! You're thinking too much! I stepped into the hall with a bag of chips and drinks for me and Sunny. I looked up and saw her lying down on the ground, head not facing my direction. You got to be kidding me... She's sleeping?!
 
"Yah! Sunny! Wake up! Lee Soonkyu!" I yelled as I walked closer. Why isn't she answering? As I neared, I noticed metal parts on the floor. Wait. This looks like... A ladder?! Reality hit me hard. I ran to Sunny and placed the bag of beverages and snacks down. "SUNNY! Sunny wake up!" I turned her head so that she faced me. Oh my god! She's bleeding!"LEE SOONKYU! Wake up! Don't scare me!"
 
I checked her pulse and breathing. Thank god her heart was still beating and she was still breathing but it's very weak. I carried her bridal style and ran to my car. I placed her in the passenger seat and drove to the hospital. I couldn't help but steal glances at her once in a while.
 
Upon reaching the hospital, I carried her and ran inside. "Nurse! Nurse! Please help my friend! She fell off a ladder!" It was hectic as the nurses rushed. A doctor came and checked her pulse. I placed her on the bed and they all pushed her in. "Sir you can't go in. Please wait here" I let go and watched as Sunny was rushed to the ICU.
 
I sat on one of the chairs and panted as I rested my head against the wall. I took my phone out and texted EXO and Taengoo in our group chat.
 
 
Me: Guys. I need you to come down to the hospital. Right now
 
Suho: why? where? do you need money to pay for someone's fees?
 
Tao: Did you kill someone?
 
Taengoo: What happened? Are you hurt?
 
Me: Now's not the time for questions. It's Sunny that's injured. Come down to Gangnam Hospital now. Hurry!
 
Chen: Be right there!
 
I locked my phone and shoved it into my pocket. Sighing, I fiddled with my hands nervously. it's all my fault. I told her to just use the ladder. Damn it! Why did I leave to go to the shop?!
 
Author's POV
 
[ 4.50 pm ]
 
It's been an hour and Baekhyun hasn't heard anything. The members and Taeyeon were stuck in a traffic jam. "sir?" Baekhyun stood up and looked expectantly at the nurse. "Are you related to Miss Lee Soonkyu?" Baekhyun nodded. "Yes. I'm her friend and neighbour" The nurse looked shock. "You're not her boyfriend? I mean... You two would look cute together and it was touching how you were so worried that you paced back and forth for a while- Oops. Sorry. I got carried away. Anyways, the doctor would like to speak to you. Please come with me"
 
The nurse directed Baekhyun to the doctor's office. Baekhyun knocked before entering. He bowed at the doctor and greeted. "Annyeonghaseyo" The doctor smiled politely. "Have a seat. I'm Dr Kang. I take it that you are Miss Lee's boyfriend?" Baekhyun's eyes widened. "n-no... I'm just... her neighbour and friend" Why does everyone think I'm Sunny's boyfriend?
 
Dr Kang looked shock before smiling again. "My mistake. Anyways, Miss Lee is in a stable state. She will wake up but I don't know when" Baekhyun's eyes widened again. "A-are you saying she's... in a coma? After falling from a ladder?" Dr Kang nodded. "She lost some blood but don't worry. The impact was not strong enough to cause nerve damage or memory loss. You just have to be patient for her to wake up. She has a weak immune system but she will be fine"
 
Baekhyun nodded. "Thank you Dr Kang. Can I see her?" Dr Kang nodded. "yes you can. If you don't mind, I hope you can contact her parents if possible." Baekhyun nodded again before taking his leave. He rushed to Sunny's private ward. He closed the door behind him upon entering and slowly walked to her side. Looking at Sunny in a state of coma... He felt his heart hurting. It's just the guilt, Baekhyun Just the guilt. He convinced himself. He spent this time observing Sunny quietly. In the hospital clothes, she looks so skinny and can break any time. She lost a lot of weight ...
 
Baekhyun sat on the chair. Quietly staring at Sunny. Without him realising it, he took Sunny's cold hand in his, lightly squeezing it. Baekhyun didn't know how long he's been staring at her and how long he's been holding her hand. All he knew was that EXO and Taeyeon arrived right when he noticed he held Sunny's hand in his. Baekhyun hurriedly let go and greeted the rest.
 
"What happened to her?" Xiumin's voice was soft as he went to Sunny's side. Baekhyun shrugged. "I left to buy some snacks and drinks. I came back and found the ladder broken and Sunny was unconscious" Kai brushed away Sunny's bangs, revealing a bandage on her right temple. "She bled?" Baekhyun nodded. "Dr Kang said she lost some blood." Taeyeon sat at the chair. "will she be fine?" Baekhyun sighed. "She's in coma. She will wake up but we just don't know when"
 
Chen sighed. "Who's going to tell Mrs Lee?" Baekhyun stood up. "I'll do that. I'm also to blame for this. I'll go and explain. Take care of her while I'm gone"
 
[  5.15pm ]
 
Taeyeon's POV
 
"I'll go with you" I offered as I stood up. Baekhyun quietly nodded and walked on. I took one last look at Sunny before following Baekhyun. The ride to his house was quiet. I knew Baekhyun feels guilty for what happened to Sunny. I reached over and held his hand. "She'll wake up soon." I lightly squeezed his hand before releasing it.
 
We were greeted by his mum when we arrived. "Baekhyun ah! why are you so late? You- Who is this?" I bowed politely. "Annyeonghaseyo Taeyeon imnida" Mrs Byun gasped. "Omo!" She looked at Baekhyun before looking at me again. "You're... his g-" "Aniyo!" I denied, bowing again.
 
Baekhyun shook his head. "Omma, please don't be so embarassing. Anyways, I actually came home to ask about Mrs Lee" Mrs Byun raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you want to ask? Oh before I forget, Lee wants me to convey the message that she'll be on a 2 months trip to Europe for some business issues. She wants me to tell that to Sunny."
 
Author's POV
 
Baekhyun frowned as he his dry lips. He walked into the house and changed into a cleaner pair of clothes. That left Taeyeon alone with his mum. Taeyeon smiled politely when Mrs Byun looked at her curiously. "Do you know about my son...He... You" Taeyeon nodded. "He told me."
 
Mrs Byun nodded slowly. "And you..." Taeyeon bit her lower lip. "I told him I needed time to think."  Mrs Byun nodded again, this time with a small smile. "It's best not to rush things. I really wanted to matchmake him with Sunny- do you know her?" Taeyeon nodded eagerly. "We're friends!"
 
Mrs Byun continued. "As I was saying, I wanted to matchmake them but he told me that he loved you. It got me so shocked. I just decided to step back so that he could make his own decision-" "Omma~ Stop it~!" Baekhyun whined as he approached them with a bag slung over his shoulders.
 
"I'll be staying over at ... Suho's for a while" Mrs Byun nodded, patting his shoulder a few times. "Take care. It's been nice meeting you, Taeyeon dear" Taeyeon bowed twice before they left for the hospital. "Sorry for my mum" Baekhyun apologised as he drove, not taking his eyes off the road. Taeyeon shook her head. "Gwenchana."
 
Baekhyun's POV
 
Upon reaching the carpark of the hospital, me and Taeyeon rushed up to Sunny's private ward. The others were still there. Their heads turned to us as we entered. Lay hyung stood up "So? Where's Mrs Lee?" Taeyeon answered. "Overseas for  2 months" Suho gasped. "What? 2 months?!"
 
I went to Sunny's side and stood there quietly. It's all my fault that you're in this condition. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw Chanyeol giving me a comforting smile. "She'll be fine. Don't blame yourself." I nodded and gave a small smile.
 
[  6pm ]
 
I sent the other members home so that they could get some rest. I stood at her side. "I'm sorry. For all the pain through. For being so rock hearted and hot headed. I'm sorry" I brushed away her bangs from her forehead. She looks like an angel when she's asleep. But for the first time, I don't want her to sleep so long. I wanted her to wake up as soon as possible.
 
Someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned to find Kasper in a white shirt and black shirt. His hair was down and covering some of his eye. He was staring back at me until he noticed Sunny. Kasper walked slowly until he reached the opposite site of the bed. He held Sunny's hand in his carefully as he looked at her.
 
I wanted to remove Sunny's hand but I decided not to. He is close to Sunny. I may not like him but Sunny does. Wait. Why am I doing this for Sunny's sake?  "What happened?" Kasper asked as he looked at me. I folded my arms. "The ladder she was on broke. She's in a coma" If it weren't for Sunny to be in a serious condition, I wouldn't be talking so calmly with him. Wait. Sunny again. It's just the guilt. Just the guilt.
 
I looked at Kasper only to find his eyes brimmed with tears. "Do you love Sunny?" I couldn't stop the question from slipping out of my mouth. Kasper gave a sad smile. " I do. Once, I almost proposed to her." I didn't know why this made me angry. "But then, I took my time to think. I love her because I don't want her to feel pain. She's special to me. But I don't love her the way a boyfriend should." This made my heart feel lighter.
 
Wait. What? Just the guilt. Remember that... The one you love is Taeyeon. Kasper wiped away his tears. He looked at me and smiled. "Seems more like you're the one who loves her." I shook my head and waved it off. "Not me. I love... Taeyeon. How did you get here anyways?" Kasper shrugged. "I was at the Lee mansion looking for Sunny. I was in her room when I saw that you came back. I followed you and Taeyeon here." He took a deep breath. "If you love Sunny, you better not let her go. Before it's too late."
 
I looked at him curiously. "What do you mean?" Kasper looked at Sunny softly before taking out a letter from his pocket. He gave it to me. I looked at him before opening the letter and reading the contents.
 
To: Mr Jang
Head of Seoul's Trainee Entertainment
 
Dear Mr Jang,
I am Lee Soonkyu also known as Sunny. I am writing to inform you of my withdrawal from the entertainment. I would like to pull out because I don't think I'll be able to make it big. I also cannot endure the training hours. There are also personal reasons that I cannot share.  I know my uncle, Lee Sooman, CEO of SM Entertainment,  has told you not to allow me to quit but please, just grant this one wish of mine.
 
And if anyone ever ask where I went or what happened to me... especially EXO and Taeyeon. Please help me apologise to them and not tell them anything. Thank you for reading this letter.
Yours sincerely,
Lee Soonkyu
 
I looked up in shock. Kasper gave me a knowing smile. Sunny's uncle is the CEO of SM Entertainment?! personal reasons... Us?  Where is she going? A stray tear wet Kasper's cheek. I could feel my own eyes b with tears. Kasper wiped his tear away. "I hope you don't mind me staying here to take care of her." I shook my head. "I don't mind. Have a seat. I'll go and get some fresh air"
I excused myself and went to the garden where no one was around. I let my tears fall. It hurts.That I'm the reason why...
 
She's in pain
 
She felt betrayed
 
She cried
 
She's beaten up and bullied
 
She's leaving...
 
I looked up at the sky, my tears falling. No matter what I do, I can't stop them from falling. Why am I even crying over this? I love... I love... Taeyeon. Why am I doubting my love for Taeyeon?!
 
"Seems more like you're the one who loves her." Kasper's voice rang in my head. Can't be... No... I love... I love... Be confident Baekhyun! God dammit! I love Taeyeon. Wiping my tears away, I made my way back up.