Finding Her

Baeksun

 

 

Baekhyun hurried to Sunny’s private ward. The nurse was there. She looked at him in worry. “She must’ve woken up. All I found when I came to check was her phone and hospital gown. Her wallet’s gone” Baekhyun took the phone and checked. The last application she used was calendar. The 28th of December was marked as ‘Prom deadline’. Baekhyun frowned. She must’ve panicked about the prom decorations. School! He took her phone and ran back to his car. Baekhyun drove to school as fast as he could. Aishhh... Pabo! She just woke up from coma and now she’s at school alone.

 

Sunny’s POV

 

I blinked twice as my vision re-adjusted. I slowly sat up and looked around. I looked at my clothes. Hospital gown? I’m in a hospital? But what- That’s when it hit me. The leader broke and I fell... Prom Decorations! I took my phone out from the first drawer and checked my calendar. I’ve been in coma for 16 days?! There’s only two days left! I need to complete the decorations!

 

I hurriedly dressed into my clothes that were found in the lower drawer and took my wallet.  I took a taxi to school and went into building A. I stepped into the hall only to find it completely decorated. Did Baekhyun finish it? I slowly walked as I looked at the decorations. I looked at the Prom King & Queen stage where I fell. It was clean and completely decorated too. I felt my pockets for my phone only to realise I left it in the hospital in a rush. I sighed and sat down at the steps. What happened after I fell? Did Baekhyun find me or was it someone else?

Author’s POV

 

Sunny was too deep in her daze to realise that Baekhyun was opposite her at the other end of the hall. Baekhyun sighed in relief before running towards her while calling out her name. Sunny only realised when he was ten steps away from her. She stood up in shock. “Baekhyun?”

 

He immediately hugged her once he was in front of her. She froze at his sudden action. “Yah! Why didn’t you call me when you woke up?! Why did you come here alone?” Baekhyun scolded as he rested his chin on her shoulder. You got me so worried...

 

Sunny gently pushed him away with the little energy she had. “Why should I call you? I’m no longer a kid and I don’t need to report my every move to you” Baekhyun frowned. “You brat... I took care of you while you were in a coma! I stayed 16 days and 15 nights at the hospital with you! I only went home when there’s someone to look after you! I came here with the rest of EXO to complete the decorations for you!

 

Sunny froze again. “You... did all that? Why?” Baekhyun hesitated. “Be- because... I...” I can’t tell her that I love her yet. She won’t believe me. “I felt guilty that you fell off the ladder” Little did Baekhyun know that Sunny’s heart broke. She expected something more other than guilt. Anything but guilt. Baekhyun noticed the disappointment written all over her tired face and added. “You’re also my friend!” Sunny scoffed. Friend? As if... She looked up and met his eyes. “Why didn’t you just call my mum to take care of me?” Baekhyun shook his head. “I would have if I could. Your mum is overseas for a month” Sunny slowly nodded. “I want to go home” Baekhyun went to her side and held her wrist. “We need to go back to the hospital and check out. You also need to collect your valuables. I’ll help you. I’m not taking no as an answer” He assisted her as they walk down the stairs. “Slowly” Baekhyun whispered as he sling an arm around her and gently grabbed her shoulder.

 

Sunny kept quiet. It’s just guilt that’s making him worried. Just guilt. The drive to the hospital was quiet too. Sunny diverted her attention to the buildings they drove past. Baekhyun would once in a while glance at her but didn’t say a word. After checking out the hospital and taking her valuables, Baekhyun drove Sunny back to her house. He helped her in and brought her to her bedroom. Sunny sat on the bed. “You can go now. I can take care of myself” Baekhyun shrugged. “Suit yourself. But I expect you to be at my house at 7pm for dinner.” Sunny frowned. “I can cook” Baekhyun smirked. “I have your phone so if you want it, come and get it” “BYUN BAEKHYUN!” Sunny yelled as he ran out.

 

Baekhyun ran out of her house and drove his car to his house- which was right beside hers and ran in. “Omma? Where are you?” Baekhyun called out. “In the kitchen, Baek!” Baekhyun rushed to the kitchen. “Omma, can you cook tasty and nutritional food? Lots of it?” Mrs Byun turned to look at her son. “Why? Are you starving after a day away from home?” Baekhyun shook his head. “Aniyo. Sunny’s not been feeling well or eating well lately so I invited her to come to our house for dinner at 7” Okay. That was not really a lie. Sunny is unwell and hasn’t eaten for 16 days but he didn’t invite her, he ordered her to come over for dinner. Mrs Byun gasped. “Oh dear... Okay then. I’ll cook something nice for her to eat”

 

[  7pm ]

 

Ding Dong! Baekhyun rushed to open the door. He smiled when he saw Sunny there. “Sunny! You’re right on time!” Sunny rolled her eyes and walked in. “My phone?” Baekhyun shook his head as he closed the door. “Not yet” “But-”

 

“Sunny! Come! Have a seat!” Sunny bowed and greeted Mrs Byun as she sat at the dining table. Baekhyun joined and sat opposite her. Mrs Byun placed the dishes on the table. “Baekhyun told me you have been feeling unwell lately and didn’t really eat so I cooked some nice food for you. What happened to you? You look so pale”

 

Sunny looked at Baekhyun who was stuffing meat into his mouth. Baekhyun looked up and signalled her to say something. She turned to Mrs Byun. “I grew sick of outside food and I caught a high fever for a few weeks” Mrs Byun sighed. “You should’ve come here to eat. Don’t hesitate to come next time, okay? Eat a lot” Sunny nodded and started eating.

 

After dinner...

Baekhyun brought Sunny to his backyard. The two sat side by side on the swing. They stayed quiet for a while. Baekhyun turned to Sunny. “Are you feeling better?” Sunny nodded. “Kind of. I had a good meal.” Baekhyun nodded. “That’s good.” Sunny looked up. “Can I ask you something? Why was my journal at the hospital?” Baekhyun shrugged. “I kind of read it” Sunny gasped. “You did what?!” Baekhyun turned to look at her. “I read it. Why didn’t you tell me you love me?

 

Sunny rolled her eyes and turned the other way. “This is crazy” Baekhyun shook his head. “It’s not” Sunny got off the swing and stood at the patio, Baekhyun following her. “It is” Baekhyun grabbed her shoulders, turning her to face him. “Why didn’t you tell me you love me?” Sunny scoffed. “Why should I? You have Taeyeon anyways” Baekhyun frowned. “She’s not my girlfriend”

 

Sunny looked at her feet. “I don’t want to have this conversation with you right now. Give me my phone. I want to go back.” Baekhyun sighed. “And call who? Kasper? He has to handle club matters. You can’t bother him” Sunny frowned. “I can be alone then. It doesn’t matter. Just let me go home” Baekhyun frowned. “Fine but I’m seeing you tomorrow and we are talking this out” He takes her phone out from his pocket and gives it back to her. Baekhyun could only watch as Sunny stormed off. I’ll tell you soon.