New neighbour

Baeksun
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's POV
 
 
 
"Baekhyun! Have you packed everything?!" Mrs Byun screamed from the living room. Baekhyun carried the last box into the living room and smiled. "This is the last box" The Byun family loaded their luggages and boxes into the movers' truck. The truck went first to their new home. Baekhyun checked his phone. He looked at his parents. "Appa, Omma, I have to go to school. I need to check on the prom decorations." Mr Byun turned to look at him. "Will you be long? We need to meet the Lee's later on" Baekhyun shook his head. "I'll be there in an hour"
 
 
They dropped him off at school before going to their new house. Baekhyun took the key to building A from the lady at the counter and went to the said building. Baekhyun checked the decorations on his way up to the hall where they last stopped. He checked the wall and found a star missing. He took a step and heard a tearing sound. Something tore... Baekhyun looked down and saw the mising star on the floor, torn into half. He picked it up and sighed.
 
 
Baekhyun called Sunny angrilly. She can't even stick a star sticker properly. She either threw the star down and stormed off or she sticked it onto the wall but it came off. When Sunny picked up, Baekhyun immediately yelled. "Yah! Lee Sunny! The last star is torn! Did you or did you not stick it on the wall? Huh?! " "Yah! Why are you screaming early in the morning?!" Baekhyun scowled. He recognised that voice. Kasper... How come Sunny's phone is in his possession? Baekhyun grew even more furious."Give Sunny the phone! I need to talk to her!" Kasper chuckled from the other side of the line. "She's sleeping. Don't want her beautiful, sweet dreams to be ruined by your screaming do we?"
This made Baekhyun frown more. "Where is she?! What did you do to her?" Baekhyun heard Kasper scoff. "At home of course. We were sleeping together until you called. I didn't do . I came and she was already sleeping."
 
 
Baekhyun knew Kasper emphasised on together to irk him and he had to admit Kasper was doing a good job. Baekhyun frowned. "yah-" "Oh? Sunny! You're awake!" Baekhyun heard Sunny's sleepy voice in the background. "Who's calling?" Kasper ended the call, leaving Baekhyun raging.
Baekhyun kept his phone and threw the star into a rubbish bin. Right after he locked down Building A, his phone vibrated.
 
 
From: Omma
 
 
Stop by your aunt's shop and fetch the pastries she made for us.
 
 
Baekhyun sighed and walked to his aunt's bakery. She smiled and let him in. "Aigoo Baekhyun ah~ You grew up a lot" Baekhyun rolled his eyes before smiling again. "Where is the pastry that Mum asked me to fetch?" His aunt disappeared into the kitchen before coming back with a packaging. "This is all that I made for you to give your new neighbours, The Lee's.Quick. Get going" Baekhyun smiled and bowed before going home.
 
 
If Baekhyun paid attention to his surroundings, he would've recognised Sunny's house when he walked past it. If he had paid attention to the address, he'll at least realise that he stays near Sunny... Very near.
 
Mrs Lee's POV
 
 
I sighed as I sat into the couch. I've been so busy with work that I didn't have time to rest. It's a good thing that we'll be having neighbours. Sunny can meet someone new and play with the neigbour's child. Speaking of which, I do have to tell her about her cousin that she would have to take care of...
 
 
"Auntie" I looked up and saw Kasper drying his hair as he bowed. I smiled politely. "You stayed over?" Kasper nodded and sat down on the couch beside mine.  "Lately I've been doing that. My friend's club had some upgrading to be managed and the club is closer to here than my house."
 
 
I nodded and took a sip of my coffee. "Is Sunny asleep? Kasper nodded and stood up, looking at the watch. "I'll go first Auntie" I nodded and Kasper combed his hair before going out of the house.
 
 
Such a nice kid. If only he didn't have to live such a hard life. His mother is bed ridden. His father died. It must be a tough life. Study, Help out at his friend's club... Poor Kasper... Sometimes I just wish he's my second son after Sungmin... or son-in-law?
 
 
"Omma?" I turned and saw Sunny standing at the bottom of the stairs, rubbing her eyes sleepily. "Eoh... Sunny ah, Go and wash up, get yourself ready to greet our new neighbours." Sunny sighed. "We have new neighbours? When?" I shrugged. "I met them yesterday when they came to view the renovated house they bought last month. The Byun's i think. They know about the divorce between me and your appa so there's no need to- hide."
 
 
Author's POV
 
 
Now if Sunny was not so sleepy, she would've heard Byun's. There is only one Byun that she knows. Byun Baekhyun. What's with the attention span of Baeksun these days? But at least Sunny didn't catch only one thing. Unlike Baekhyun.
 
 
Sunny nodded and went back upstairs. (look at photo) She bathed and dried her hair before wearing the blue white green dress her mother had prepared for her. She wore white heels and a butterfly necklace to go with the outfit. Mrs Lee styled Sunny's hair for her and did her makeup. When she was done, Mrs Lee looked at Sunny's reflection in the dressing table mirror. "You're all grown up now." Sunny smiled and held her mother's hand.
 
 
DING DONG! Mrs Lee patted Sunny's shoulder and smiled. "come down when you're ready" Sunny nodded and smiled at Mrs Lee from her reflection in the mirror. Mrs Lee took one last look at her grown up before going down to greet their new neighbours.
 
Mrs Lee hurriedly opened the door, welcoming them in. She hugged Mrs Byun. "Byun! How long has it been?" Mrs Byun hugged Mrs Lee hugged her back. "It's been too long for me to count!" Yes... They were bestfriends since high school. Back then, they were so close and inseperable but Mrs Byun had to follow her parents and moved away from the district they were in. After a year, Mrs Lee too had to move houses.
 
"Have a seat!" Mrs Lee pulled away from the hug and welcomed the Byun's in. Mrs Lee closed the door before sitting beside Mrs Byun. Baekhyun politely placed the box of pastries onto the coffee table. "Here's some pastries from us." At this point, Baekhyun is an idiot. How can he not remember how the interior of Sunny's house look like?! Mrs Lee smiled. "Aigoo. What a polite son you have Byun ah. To top that, he's handsome and cute at the same time. Charms do run in the Byun genes doesn't it? Byun Baekhyun isn't it? "
 
Baekhyun bowed twice. "N-n_ne. K-kamsahamnida" Mrs Byun looked around. "Where's you daughter?" Mrs Lee smiled when Sunny came into the living room with a tray of cups filled with freshly brewed tea. "This is Lee Soonkyu. But call her Sunny for short." Mrs Lee pointed to Sunny with her open palm
 
Sunny bowed politely and placed the tray down on the coffee table. She greeted Mrs Byun, not yet noticing Baekhyun.. "Annyeonghaseyo" Baekhyun looked up in shock. "SUNNY?!" Sunny's eyes widened when she realised Baekhyun was sitting beside her visitors. "Baekhyun?!" After a second or two of silence, Mrs Byun giggled. "So you two already know each other i see." Mrs Lee giggled too. "Let's eat dinner together."
 
Throughout dinner, Sunny ate quietly and only looked up once in a while at Mrs Byun and her mother. She knew Baekhyun was watching her. The conversation suddenly turned to them. Mrs Lee asked, "How did you two meet?" Baekhyun smiled. "We're good friends at school. It's been three years. Right, Sunny?" Sunny faked a smile. "yup" Hah... So true. Good friends my
 
"Can I try one of the pastries Aunt Byun brought?" Sunny asked all of a sudden. Mrs Byun stood up and brought over the box. She handed a pastry to Sunny. It was round with swirls of chocolate. "Try this. It's the signature pastry at my sister's shop. It's just down the corner. This pastry symbolizes love and care" Sunny took a bite. She had to say she could feel the love and care in the pastry. Her eyes immediately shined with joy. "Mmm! This is really nice!"
 
( time for the Byun's to leave)
 
"aigoo... it's so sad that you have to leave already." Mrs Lee whined. Mrs Byun giggled. "You're still the same after all these years Lee. The kids have school tomorrow so they might be sleepy. Besides, I can visit you anytime now that we're neighbours!" Mrs Lee and Sunny walked Mrs Byun and Baekhyun to the door.
 
Mrs Byun gasped. "I almost forgot! I need to take a pic of Baekhyun and Sunny for my husband since he cannot come today." Sunny froze. A pic with Baekhyun? Mrs Lee smiled. "Go ahead Byun ah." Sunny slowly walked to Baekhyun's side. Mrs Lee sighed. "Closer Sunny. You two have been best friends for three years! It shouldn't be so awkward!" That's because we're no longer best friends Mum...
 
Baekhyun took the iniatiative and stepped closer, wrapping an arm around Sunny's waist. Sunny made two peace signs and smiled. Baekhyun made a peace sign with his free hand and smiled at the camera too. Mrs Byun snapped a few pictures, squealing in delight. The two mothers checked the photos out. Sunny put her hands down. She turned to Baekhyun and found him looking down at her. "You can let go of me now" Baekhyun hesitantly let go of Sunny's waist. He went to his mother's side and they left the Lee Mansion. Sunny sighed when the door closed. Mrs Lee looked at the watch. "Would you be okay alone dear? I need to go to the office and settle some last minute documents."
 
Sunny nodded. "I'll be fine" Right after she said that, lightning striked, thunders rumbled in the sky. Mrs Lee gave Sunny a kiss on the cheek before leaving the house. Sunny went up and changed into a white shirt with black shorts. The thunder rumbled again. I'll totally be fine...
 
Baekhyun's POV
 
"Omma, send me the pic" I told my mum before going upstairs. I opened my phone and saw a few photos sent by my mum. I picked the best one and sent it to E.X.O and Taeyeon group chat.
 
Me: [image] just had a dinner over at the Lee's. I'm her neighbour guise!
 
Xiumin: AH~ My sun's as pretty as ever *.*
 
Suho: Then you can visit us more often and stay more longer!
 
Chen: YAH! Why did you put your arm around her waist?!
 
Me: @suho hyung, yup! @chen, you're just jealous :P chenderella
 
Chen: Please. I'll tell that someone that you love her !
 
Me: NO!
 
Taeyeon<3: Baek! It's raining heavily and Sunny hates lightning and thunder! Is she okay?
 
Me: Her mother just left O.O
 
Chanyeol: GO TAKE CARE OF HER!!!!
 
 
I looked out my balcony at hers that was directly opposite. I could literally climb over my balcony and into hers. Should I?