Setting things straight

Baeksun

 

 

Exo was rocketing through the music charts. Success since debut is all a group could ask for. That was what EXO pursued. But for Baekhyun. He wanted her back.  Needed. She was his energy pill at times of hardship and now it feels like she's just. There but yet not there.

Baekhyun's aim was to prove to Sunny he too could be famous and worth it of her love. He still doesn't know the identity of that disguised man but if that man hid his looks, he had to be well known.

For 2 years EXO just kept pushing and training hard. Comebacks after comebacks. Schedules after schedules. Their name was chanted more and more. More fanbases were opened, more money flew in, more recognition internationally. They were up to par with SNSD, FX, Super Junior and TVXQ, their fellow labelmates.

As it got busier, the boys got more tired but they never stopped being grateful. For Baekhyun, the busy schedule meant he won't see Sunny as often. Like she cares.. She has her celebrity boyfriend anyways.

"BOYS! hurry! Going up the stage in 5!" The PD ran around yelling out instructions as the boys got ready for their SMTOWN tour performance. True. The boys gathered and placed their hands forward.

Suho grinned. "This is our first tour. It may not be an EXO tour but just as well as we've been doing for other stages, we should set the stage on fire-"

"GOING ON IN 3!"

Sehun whined "Ah hyung! Cut the talk! EXO!"

"SARANGHAJA!"

As the boys got onstage to perform, there were people watching them quietly backstage. Well 9 girls to be exact.

"Cooooooooool" Hyoyeon, Yuri and Yoona started to feel the song and dance backstage. Sunny had a fixated sultry look towards Baekhyun who was obviously oblivious. Taeyeon stood by her side and placed her hand on Sunny's shoulder. "You okay? Don't tell me he hasn't returned your messages or calls since that day-"

"Thats what happened." Sunny nodded. It was her fault. Lying to Baekhyun like that. Exo were her bestfriends and now... they were like strangers. Their relationship was starting to look more and more like sunbae-hoobae relations. It upsetted her but she knows it was her fault.

"SNSD UP IN 3 MINUTES! PLEASE GET READY AT THE PLATFORM"

Sunny sighed and walked away from backstage, kneeling down on the levitating platform they were going up on. The girls quietly took their positions, holding tightly to the mics. Sunny winced a little as she felt hazy but only gripped tighter on the mic.

The girls were levitated up as the boys ran offstage. Genie played and they started performing with their game face on. EXO heads to their waiting room ane cooled down, giving one another encouraging pats as they changed outfits. SNSD's performance was showing onscreen.

"Oh look! Noonas~!" Sehun sat on the couch and eagerly watched. The boom of fireworks continued to the next song. Baekhyun's eyes darted to Sunny and it stung him once again. The pain seeing her traumatised of explosions as she continued pushing on.

Chanyeol who sat beside him, glanced back and forth between Baekhyun and the screen. "She looks unwell. Aren't you gonna talk to her?" Baekhyun didn't reply and just stared at the screen as SNSD's performance was finishing; picking up his jacket and walking out.

He wore the jacket over his SMTOWN shirt and walked towards backstage where SNSD were just coming down and thanking the stuff. Walking straight, he took Sunny's wrist and tugged her away. She seemed stunned but followed him.

"Is that.. Baekhyun or is that her last guy?" Yoona pointed out. Taeyeon could only smile as the two disappeared behind a corner.

Sunny winced as she staggered after Baekhyun. "Slow down. I'm dizzy" He softens his hold and pulls her into an empty room, locking the doot behind her. "We need to talk"

Sunny shrugged as she sat on the couch, massaging her forehead. "That's obvious enough" Baekhyun looked at her. "Why did you lie to me? Who was that guy? You gave me empty promises ! How could you?!"

Truth be told, the yelling was worsening her migraine. Sunny looked at Baekhyun who was fuming with fires of disappointment as he looked back at her. "If I told you, you would only think worse. And he was just an old friend. Baekhyun.. I didn't lie because I wanted to."

"Well you didn't need to either" His chest was heaving up and down, a sign of his exploding rage within. Sunny could only look down, letting silence fill up the barrier between them.

"You obviously don't care about us Sunny. We've known each other for so long but ever since you stepped into the path of fame you've never checked in much on us. We get that you're wayyy more busier but you could at least check in personally once in a while instead of keeping quiet!"

Sunny stood up slowly. "I've always been watching. Quietly. I've been watching you guys grow into the same light of fame we have. I've always been monitoring your activities when i can. I'm sorry if it didnt seem that way" She walked past him to leave but he held onto her wrist gently. "I can't stand this anymore..." His voice was soft and sad.

Sunny ly to meet his eyes that reflected the same emotions his voice gave. He leaned in and their lips met. Soft. Sweet... That was what ran through both their minds as their lips moved against one another. Sunny sees Baekhyun's eyes closed and she does the same, letting their lips guide them.

Sunny's hands rested on his shoulders, gripping his jacket as she slightly tiptoes for him. Her haziness had washed away to be replaced with the dizzying feeling of the kiss. His hands slid around her waist to support her. Baekhyun deepens the kiss before pulling away slowly. Both opened their eyes and looked at one another.

Baekhyun's eyes were filled with seriousness. "I.. can't stand just being that one close friend you used to have feelings for. I'm sure you still do. I've had enough being your friend. I've had enough of just being a hoobae. Lee Soonkyu, the one I fell in love with.. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Sunny swore her heart skipped a beat. Yes... or No...  That last line and her choice ran through her mind. Baekhyun's eyes searched through hers for an answer. She cleared , stinging her eyes. "I..."