7: Half-Witch

Living as a Vampire II

SEOHYUN

  Sooyoung...

  Is this the sign that you're back?

  "How is she?" I asked Seulgi, since she's one of the best doctor in the Headquarters. "She had something in her left eye, something different. Something seems to be familiar with her." She explained while rubbing her chin.

  "I know, Sooyoung's body double." Yoona answered, she shook her head. "Too obvious, Yoona eonnie. Something seems to be familiar with her left eye." She corrected, my eyes narrowed after what she said, "What do you mean by that?" I asked her.

  She sighed and crossed her arms, "Her left eye was glowing yellow lately, then it turn back into a normal color. She's not a half-vampire nor half-werewolf, but it involves with the fiery witches."

  "Wait, what?" Yoona doesn't get the point.

  Seulgi's right eye turned into red crimson color, "Half-bloods only have one glowing eye, like mine." She pointed her right eye. "I believe Summer is... a half-witch." She said. My eyes widen as I heard her, "She must not be aware of the spells using by a true witch."

  "Sooyoung would be a great problem to us, she is a true witch and a vampire." Yoona respond, "We have to protect her, but for now..." I looked down. "She still have to recover."

  Before I could said another word, the others came with a worried look. "What the hell happened to Summer?" Taeyeon asked with a concerned look, "Is she alright?" Tiffany said. "Yeah, she's fine." Yoona answered, "But she have to stay here until tomorrow." She added.

  "I'm afraid Sooyoung is already here." Jessica said. 

   We looked to Jessica, who is still in the same expression. "Since Summer came, I know Sooyoung will return too. Now that she found out we had her body double, this would be difficult." She explained, "But I don't know when and where will she show up again." Then her eyes reverted to me and stared at me in a cold way. "Don't expect that she is alone. Hyuna and the others joined her side."

  "How did you know about that, Jessi?" Tiffany asked her.

  "Ask the scientist named Park Sandara." Jessica answered with a grin.

  

  As I opened the door and saw Summer who just woke up with a bandage in her left eye, "Summer." I called out. Her head tilted to me with an expressionless look, I smiled and walked closer to her. "How are you?" I asked her, but she didn't respond, I sighed and sat beside her.

  "I know it's sounds crazy but you are in danger, Summer." I said. "I'm sorry for not telling you this." I looked down but she stayed silent.

  But one question gives me a chill from her...

  "Who is Choi Sooyoung?"

  She looked to me again, "When I went inside of that room, I saw old pictures, old paintings and yet... you never get old. Then I saw myself in every pictures and paintings." she said. "Is she a ghost?"

  I gulped and squeezed her hand, "The other Sooyoung is our old friend, she turned away from us two years ago. And she is not a ghost, Summer." I explained. "What are you, Seohyun? What the hell are you, guys? You never get old, I saw every old pictures of you." She asked, I sighed and closed my eyes. 

  "We are vampires, Summer." 

  I heard her gasp, "You must not know about this, but since you saw the things in that room, maybe it's time to know the secret." I explained. "How old are you, Seohyun?" She asked, "I'm 21 years old."

  "No, the real age." She corrected, I smiled, "I was 18 when I turned by Taeyeon, and it was two years ago." I answered. "B-But, I saw you in the large frame! With the other Sooyoung too!" She uttered, "I'm Catharine's body double, and you are Sooyoung's body double."

  "You're Catharine's what?"

  I grin, "Maybe I'll tell you that next time." I said. "About lately, I know she appeared in front of you before we would. What did she say to you?"

  She looked down, "She said she want my left eye and the pendant I am wearing." then she showed me a pendant that looks like a little vial with a red liquid inside. "This pendant was a gift from my grandmother, she told me not to lose it or give it away... and I don't want to get this by her." she said. "She gave me this, the day when I left Japan." she added and hide in under she shirt.

  "Uh, can I see your left eye?" I asked her, she nodded, "Sure." She shoved her hand and removed the bandage. As I saw her left eye, it was pitch black. Her iris is pitch black. Seulgi's right, there is something with her left eye. "You should wear an eyepatch, Summer." I said, "Why?"

  "Your left eye's iris is too black, unlike your right eye's iris is dark brown." I answered.

  She smiled, "It's okay, it's not visible unless you looked closer to it." She completely removed the bandage. "Is it okay to remove the bandage? My left eye doesn't hurt anymore." She permitted, I nodded. "Sure, as long as you are okay." I answered.

  "And uh... a-and promise me, you will not my blood, right?" She added, making me giggled a bit. "We're not bad vampires, good vampires inside the Headquarters care about humans. So, zero-percent harm here." I said. "What? Headquarters? I thought it was a hospital?"

  "You are here in the Black Blood Society, you are safe here. No one will harm you." I answered, "Since when did you join in the society?" She asked me again. "Two years and a half."

  Just in time when Taeyeon went inside the room, she smiled at us, "Hi, Summer." She greeted. "Hey." Summer greeted back with a smile. "Am I interrupt something?" Taeyeon asked, "No, not at all." I answer. 

  "Good. Seohyun, can we talk?" 

  I looked at Summer, then she nodded. "Go." She said, "Thanks, Summer." I answered and followed Taeyeon outside.

 

  "What is it now, Taeyeon?" I asked her while following her, we stopped inside her room and locked the door. "Did she know?"

  My eyebrows twitched, "Did she know what?"

  She sighed and crossed her arms, "Did you tell her she's a half-witch?" She translated. "I didn't tell her." I answered, "Good, because it's not the time to tell her what she is..." Then she looked to me again. "Or else she will be like Sooyoung too."

  "What is your exact point, Taeyeon?" I asked straightly to her, "My point is Summer must not know she is in the bloodline of the fiery witch. That's why she came back... to get Summer and become a strongest fiery witch." Now I get her point.

  "There is something she wants to get from Summer." I said, her eyebrows raised. "And that is?"

  "Her left eye and the pendant she's wearing." I answered, "Left eye? Why would she want Summer's left eye?" She asked with a twitched eyebrows. "Something's different in her left eye, Taeyeon. Seulgi said that her left eye glowed to yellow when she checked it. So that's why Sooyoung wants it." I said.

  Taeyeon rubbed her chin like she is thinking something, "Hmm, I have no choice." She muttered then looked to me. "We have to protect Summer, no matter what happened." She said.

 

  After talking with Taeyeon, I proceed to the library sector where all books were piled up. I picked the best books for myths, folklores and witches, but none of them showed about the informations about the fiery witch.

  I groaned as I flipped one page on a book, I've been here for two hours here and yet there is no informations about the fiery witch. "Come on, give me a few informations about the fiery witch." I muttered and scratched my scalp while kept browsing a book.

  Then I saw a black feather in the table, I was confuse and pick the black feather. "Looking for this?"

  I gasped and turn around, it was Yoona. She sprouted her black wings and smiling at me while holding an old book. I smiled back, "Hey, Yoona." I greeted. She walked closer and back hug me, "I have found something that you should know." She said.

  "What?"

  "Here," she put the old book on the table. "They have informations about the fiery witch." Yoona said, I looked to her and smiled. "Thanks."

  "No problem, love." Then she kissed me on my cheek.

  I flipped a page and in the first page, it has informations about the fiery witch. I smirked, "Now we know what is the weakness of a true fiery witch." I'm referring on how can we stop Sooyoung's plan...

 

---

Woooooo! Here is the update guys!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEOHYUN! SEOBABY to SEOLADY!

Stay tuned guys!