30: Sooyoung's Living Legacy

Living as a Vampire II

YOONA

  I know that this should not happen, I saw how they die, I saw what will happen if things are getting worst.

  I saw a girl stained with blood all over, her eyes were bright as gold like a pair of cat eyes looking at me, her fists were burning blue and its the hottest flames that anyone could control. But her, she's doing this for something... something that can cause so much lives to lose. I can tell she's angry because of losing what's her the most, her madness was like the killer who killed Seohyun's parents. I don't think we can stop her raging anger inside of her.

  Dr. Park was right, she will be the one who will destroy us all. The best but worst way to stop her is to...

 

  "Yah, Im Yoona."

  I snapped out of my thoughts as Seohyun called me, "Huh?"

  "Resting time is up, let's go." She stood up and helped me to get up too. We've been searching for 2 days in Daegu and yet we still can't find them, "They must be out here somewhere." Seohyun muttered and scan the place above.

  We checked the alleys, sewer and even slum buildings but they weren't here. I'm worried of the three, I wish they had a good hiding place here. "In this situation like this, they must have a good hiding place." Stephanie joined us too.

  My phone vibrated in my pocket making me startled a bit, I get my phone and answered, "Is something wrong, Taeyeon?" Yeah, it was Taeyeon. "Yeah, something's really wrong in here." She said in the other line, "What do you mean?" I asked. "We just found a bunker, Sunny and Sooyoung is here." That makes me jumped in surprise.

  "Really?"

  "But... I think they were attacked, Sunny was unconscious while Sooyoung is..." she paused like something happened to Sooyoung, makes me having goosebumps. "Taeyeon, what happened to Sooyoung?" I asked her again.

  "You better guys, come here..." Then she hung up.

  I looked to the two, "Stephanie, Seohyun, we have to get to Taeyeon's location. I think they found them." I said and they nodded then we went to Taeyeon.

 

SUMMER

  It hurts.

  It really hurts.

  "Argh!" I stopped and hide in the dark platform, I can't bear the sizzling pain all over my body as it starts killing me inside. My eye sight were colored into yellowish-gold, I feel like I'm losing myself, my body is getting weaker because of the pain heating all over me. I can't feel anything but a hot sizzling pain throughout my body.

  I gripped the sword that Sooyoung's using, I've been carrying this since I escaped the bunker. My clothes were stained with blood. I only brought the sword and the red scarf, nothing else.

  Wait, why am I doing here in the platform? Why am I running away? Sooyoung and Sunny should be here, right?

  Then suddenly, my mind starts to warped me somewhere...

 

  Sooyoung hid me under the floor, "Stay here. Don't make any minor sounds and stay still." She said. I just nodded like a child and closed the door, I slowly peek in a small hole to see them. Sooyoung gestured Sunny then they opened the door and saw dozens of vampires.

  They start fighting them one by one, seeing them fighting because of me makes me want to stop them, especially Sooyoung. She really wants me to live more although I want to die right now because my life is now in great danger, why she wants to do this for me? Because I'm the descendant of them?

  No.

  Maybe, there's one more reason why she's doing this for my life. That's the I want to know from her. When I saw her picture with Yoona, she looks very happy with them. The diary she wrote, she still thinking of them. The notes she wrote in a piece of crumpled paper, she still need them. The answer is already in the tip of my tounge, and I need to know the answer from Sooyoung.

  "Die! You piece of junk!" Sooyoung exclaimed and breathed fire to burn the vampires then Sunny quickly burried them alive, "You better get through us before you get Summer!" Sunny exclaimed and smashed one vampire's head and another.

  They fight because...

  "You-- argh!" I saw a masculine vampire bumped Sunny's head very hard against the wall causing her to be unconscious, I want to scream Sunny's name but I can't do that. I can still remember what Sooyoung told me not to make minor noises or sounds.

  My heart beats faster as I watched epic fights, but I can't help but to watch them fighting the enemies. I felt guilt inside of me, they're doing this to protect me.

  I gasped and covered my mouth as I saw the vampires stabbed every parts of Sooyoung's body by the swords their holding, I wanted to stop them but I stayed silent and trying not to burst in anger and in tears. "Fools..." Just now, I heard Sooyoung's wicked grin.

  "Anti-vampire weapons can't kill me..." She said and in a snap, the vampires who just attacked her burned into ashes except the masculine vampire who bumped Sunny's head on the wall. She knelt but the swords are still on her stomach, chest and her waist but she still there, alive.

  She tilted her head up, exposing her face stained with black blood, she looked on the masculine vampire. "Hey there, big guy." She greeted, without any words coming from the big guy, she strangled Sooyoung and lift her in the air. "I just finished what I wanted to do..." She muttered.

  Sooyoung, are you going to...

  "What are you waiting for, big guy? Kill me."

  Don't, Sooyoung. Don't get yourself killed.

  "Hyuna said I'm gonna get your head to see that you're truly dead." The masculine guys said, but she just smirked. "Then do it, ing big guy." She answered. Then he smirked and was going to rip her head, "No..." I muttered then I quickly shut my mouth.

  Then the vampire just heard my sound, he looked around like he heard something. My mind starts to think that I will kill that guy, my anger starts to lit up inside of me. I clenched my fist and my left eye glowed in the dark, I can't take it anymore. I can't stand watching her like this.

  As the masculine vampire put Sooyoung down and started to walk in my direction. I can't control myself now, anger is driving me to do this. "I will kill you..." I growled and jumped out of the wooden floor, "I'm going to kill you!" I yelled and throw him a blue fireball. I don't know why I created that.

  "I'm gonna kill you!"

  This isn't me.

  The one who was going to kill that guy wasn't me.

  "Die!" I hissed and punched him very hard, causing him to fall down. I quickly lunged at him and punched him dozens of time, the vampire can't get chance to fight back. That moment, I smiled. I'm enjoying killing the murderer. I glanced at the blade beside me, then I get the pointy thing. I'm still not satisfied and plunged it to his throat first then I stabbed in the heart several times.

  "Go to hell!" I yelled then I sticked the blade through his head.

  I was panting, I just finished killing that big guy. I got up and glanced at Sooyoung, she is lying in the ground with all the blades sticked on her body. "S... Summer..." she called my name in a very weak tone. I walked over her and knelt, I really don't want her to do this but she insisted herself to do it.

  "I'm sorry... I'm s-so persistent to d-do this..." She said and gave me a weak smile, "But this is... the only way, Summer. This is the only way to save you."

  Tears falling down from my eyes as I saw her dying and giving me her farewell, "Sooyoung, I don't want you to do this for me." I hold her cold hand. "I agree that you will protect me, but giving your life is a big no for me." I said, my voice made a cracking sound because I'm crying. She smirked, "I... I didn't protect you just because you are the descendant of our clan..."

  She moved her hand and touched my face, this is the second time I saw her crying, "I protect you because that's what a mother do to her daughter, I fought for you to live."

  "I know you never experienced having a mom, Summer..." I gasped, how does she know about that?

  "When you were a kid, you were envy of those who has mom fetched them and go home..." she said and tucked my hair over my earlobe, "I... I know the feeling of that, Summer. When I was a child, both of my parents died... I envy every kids who were having their parents with them, but I still have my older sister, your grandmother."

  "Sooyoung..." I sobbed and sniffed as I cried uncontrollably, "I can't lose you, I want you to be with them... I promised to myself that I'll bring you back to them, I promised to Seohyun that I'll help her to win you back. So please... you can't die right now." I begged as I hold her hand.

  "It's your turn to be like me, Summer." She said, "You'll be me. You will be Choi Sooyoung after this."

  "No," I refused. "I choose the wrong choice... I shouldn't leave them, but that was the only way to avoid being tortured by their anger." she said.

  Then her hand moved in my right eye, "I will give you the gift before I die." 

  "Shift."

  I felt pain in my right eye but it only last for a second, "Argh!" I groaned. "This is the only way, Summer. I can't be with you... anymore." then she moved her hand like she is pointing something, "To defend yourself, take my sword... it's an anti-vampire weapon. Then find your way back to Seoul... without getting caught by Hyuna's men or even her."

  "Tell Seohyun... and the others..." she coughed blood, making me worried about her. "Tell them... I'm sorry... for leaving them... for hurting them."

  Then she holds my both hands, "You... you promise me... you'll be the Choi Sooyoung... you'll be me... and never ever turn back like me." then she smiled again, "I want you to be happy with them, Summer. I... finished what I've just started, then you'll be my living legacy."

  I bit my lip and sobbed more, "I can't Sooyoung... I just can't leave you here."

  "Don't be such a cry baby there and promise me..."

  I can't promise her, I can't leave her. She's the one who protect me, but I don't want her to die. It really hurts me to see her like this, the only one who only wants to take care of me just like the others. But in this situation, I have no choice...

  "I promise."

  She smiled, "Thank you, Summer." she thanked while her eyes were closing, "Now, let me rest for a while..." then she completely closed her eyes and that's the last time I'm going to talk to her.

  I removed the blades sticked on her, then carried her body on the couch and covered her a red blanket. I placed her diary and her picture with Yoona next to her. I smiled nostalgically and kissed her in her forehead.

 

  "I love you, mom..."

 

Then I silently left the bunker while carrying Sooyoung's sword. I promised her to be her living legacy. Now, I'll be on my own. I'm going to live, I will be a Choi Sooyoung...

 

---

I think I'm gonna cry at any moment here.

Sorry for waiting for my update, I've had a bit problem with my school days so that's why I'm a bit pressured right now.

Stay tuned!