22: Fear of Screams

Living as a Vampire II

STEPHANIE

  "So, is it from Krystal?" I asked my sister while studying the black shards where it happened.

  "Yeah, it is from her." She stood up from the ground and hid a shard to her pocket, I smirk, "I knew it. That kitten just became a black panther." I leaned my back against the wall looking the surrounding inside this old slum building. "We have to find a clue where she is now."

  I walked over the black shards on the floor, "I can use my eagle vision to track her sense here." I pick one shard and use my vision, the surroundings became blue and the shard I am holding got the yellowish effect and saw footprints in yellow pointing on the direction of the window. "She jumped out of the window, and..." Then I looked outside and saw another footprints in the walls.

  That kitten can't hide through my vision, so I just smirk. "Let's go, Tiff. Maybe she went that way." I pointed out on the left side, "You sure?"

  "How can you get me wrong? I'm very sure with my visions." Then I jumped out of the window and crushed on the old car and went into the alleyway, I run and jumped again on the scaffolds and hopped and grabbed on the wirings, I was shocked when one of the wirings snapped and I almost fall.

  "Don't be such a jerk sometimes, Steph. It doesn't makes you feel cool." Tiffany laughed and grabbed my arm, "Well, I have my own ways, Tiff." I winked and thumbs up. She rolled her eyes, "Whatever, let's go."

  We started to run through the rooftops of the buildings and follow my senses where that little kitten was, "Are we actually going inside the forest?" Tiffany asked.

  "Not sure, but my senses are always sure." I answered with a grin. I tilted my head in front, I can sense something is coming towards us, I saw tiny shards and it's getting closer to us. As I completely know what it was, I grabbed Tiffany's arm quickly and raised my hand to slow the incoming shards toward us. "Black shards?" Tiffany mumbled.

  I looked around and I know that little kitten is here nearby, "Stop playing hide-and-seek, little kitten. I know you're here, so show yourself!" I shouted but she didn't respond. I took out my fighting gloves and looked around again, "Krystal, I know you're here! Let me talk to you, now!" Tiffany shouted but she didn't respond again. "Tiffany, took your crossbow out, maybe she's going to attack suddenly."

  "Krystal, we need to talk. Please." Tiffany shouted again, "Where are you little kitten?" I muttered.

  My eyes quickly glanced in the very corner of it and saw another shards coming towards us, I wagged my arm to control the force of the shards and moved to another direction. After that, another wave of black shards coming in the sky and this time it's raining of it.

  "Cover!" We jumped out from the building and went inside the large garbage box, this isn't a good idea. Covering ourselves inside the garbage box is not the part of our plan but it's fine, because the shards just ricocheted. 

  "Ugh! It's so disgusting!" Tiffany complained.

  "Shut up, Tiffany! It's better to be here than to get stabbed by a hundred of shards in your body." I said.

  The loud sound is still on going, we have to find a way to talk to that little kitty in a nice way, not like this! She greeted us by throwing shards at us, that is not a formal greeting for us! Argh! I wanted to rip that kitten's head but I can't do that, or else the Catwoman will freeze me to death. I used my vision again and I saw a yello figure through the wall, she's standing there and waiting us to make a move.

  I growled, "Hey, Tiffany. New plan, disperse." I ordered her, she grin making her eyes curved. "That's my cue." She hugged me and do her trick, I said to her where that little kitten was hiding. "There you are, little kitten!" She was standing in the next rooftop, then I surprised her with a high kick.

  She quickly dodged it and jumped away from us, "Wow, you look like a badass now, huh?" I complimented with a grin. Really, she looked like a badass. Her hair became fading blonde color, her right eyelid shaded into black and her outfit looks like a gothic type. I never imagine that this kitten just became a total badass, and her face became fiercer and emotionless. Krystal's irises were all pitch black, as in, really black like you can't see a thing of it.

  Suddenly, black crystals sprouted beneath the floor we just stepped in, Tiffany is faster than me, so the black crystals got my right foot and I can't get out of my place because of it. "." I cussed and glared at that little kitten. Tiffany charged forward to attack Krystal, she took a swiss knife in her pocket and parried it against her long black staff.

  "Krystal, what happened to you?" My twin sister asked her, but she didn't respond and keep fighting against my sister. I tried to get this ing crystals in my foot, I punched the crystals sticking on my right foot, I punched it so hard until I get out from it. Now I want to break that little kitten's leg because of it. My favorite boot was destroyed.

  I pushed Krystal by using a magnetic force until she falls in the end of the building, Tiffany looked to me with a wide eyes, "What the hell did you do that, Stephanie?!" She said. I drastically removed my left boot because the right boot ripped as I removed my right foot from the black crystal sticking in to it, "That's for ripping one of my favorite leather boot!" I said.

  Without a second, she jumped high and summoned more shards then throw it at us again. Her eyes were shading into black, all black even her eyeballs, this isn't normal now. I can sense no feelings inside of her but anger, where's the Krystal we knew? What the hell happened to her?

  Tiffany grabbed me with full speed like a wind to avoid the falling shards and hid behind the platform, we catch our breaths and peeked out if she's there, "Okay, she's more dangerous we could never imagine." I whispered and tucked my black hair back over my earlobe. "What the hell happened to her? Why is she like that?" She whispered back, "We don't have any clue what's going on with that little kitten." I answered.

  "She became a true monster, Stephanie. But why?" She peeked out to see if she's still there, "She's not a kind of Krystal that everyone knew, she is something more... more deadlier than S-rated monsters." I said.

  I don't know why Krystal was like that, the last time I saw she's a jolly and sincere to everyone, when she has a guts to do something, she always did and sometimes I did it along with her, like we do pranking calls and scaring people to death. But what happened to her kind attitude and turned into a cold and heartless attitude? She don't know us anymore, what the hell happened to her?

  "Gotcha."

  My deep thoughts were cut off as Krystal is right in front of us with a wicked grin that gives me chills in my spine, I feel terrified and glued in my position. We are dead, even Tiffany can't got up because she felt scary atmosphere from her. Her pitch black eyes has something worser than nightmares, I can hear people screaming in agony and pain and people who laughed psychedelically and euphorically.

  She obtained Jessica's ability, which I scared the most and could kill me mentally. I closed my eyes and covered my ears but the screaming is still going on and I can't hold it any longer, "N-No... Stop!" I begged but the laughs and screams can't stop and keep echoing inside my head. This must be the worst experience ever, I admit that I'm afraid of hearing screams of agony and pain.

  "S-Stop... I..." But the screams keep going and never stop, my heart beats faster and I can't hold it any longer, maybe sooner or later, I'm going to die. I bit my lip trying not to scream and a tear just came out of my eye. Her ability is stronger than Jessica, and it can make people go crazy but I'm trying my best not to go crazy, I'm not going to lose. I'm gonna fight this worst nightmare I had!

  But, Krystal is right in front of me, "What's the matter, Stephanie Hwang? Are you afraid?" Then she quickly stabbed me through my heart...

 

  "Stephanie, wake up!"

  I automatically opened my eyes and saw Tiffany with a worried look, "W-What happened?" I asked and glanced at Krystal who looks at me with a regretful look. My blood started to boil inside me, "You ing little kitten!" I was going to attack her but Tiffany grabbed my both arms. "Get off of me, Tiff! I'm gonna break her neck!" I roared trying to let go from her.

  She looked dangerous in a while then it turned out to be so regretful of what she did, "Wait, Steph. I will explain everything about what happened." Tiffany reasoned. "I don't ing care! After all what she did to your beloved Jessica you will say you're going to explain everything! What the was wrong with you people?!" I shouted and trying to get away from her grasps.

  "Listen first, Stephanie." She said.

  "I won't listen until I kill this woman in front of us!"

  "She don't know anything, Steph! She don't know us anymore!" That words stopped me, what the ? She didn't know us?

  She let go of me and looked to Krystal, "I'm sorry for being rude earlier, but who are you guys?" She asked. I gaped as I heard what she said, how come she didn't know us anymore? "Krystal, you seriously don't know us?" I asked her with a curious tone. She shook her head, "This Tiffany knows about me, I don't know anything." She said.

  "You don't know even know your big sister and big brother?" Tiffany asked. "I have siblings?" She asked like she didn't know anything.

  "Where are you living now, Krystal?" I asked.

  "There's no time to answer that, who are my siblings? Who are you? Who am I? I don't know anything." She answered. "You should come with us, Krystal." Tiffany was going to grabbed her but Krystal quickly pried away and moved back. "No, maybe you're the ones who wants to capture me." She refused.

  "What?"

  "She's my property, you know?"

  We looked up as we saw a figure of a hooded woman with black mask at the top of a building, "Master Angeliqué." Krystal muttered and jumped to her. "Who are they? They said they know me, and they said I have older siblings." She said to that masked woman.

  "Hey! Who are you? How did you brainwashed Krystal, you piece of ?!" I shouted.

  The masked woman laughed, "I didn't brainwashed Krystal, Manipulator of Object."

  "What did you just say?!" I was going to attack her but Tiffany stopped me. The masked woman laughed, "Maybe we can meet next time, Tiffany and Stephanie Hwang." She bid a farewell and they faded slowly like a hologram.

  "I pressume, she is the new fugitive." Tiffany said, "New fugitive?" I looked to her with disbelief. "She is the Black Swan."

  "Oh... That masked ." I grin...

 

---

Whoo! I just updated again! Yay!

Stay tuned and be patient!