21: Yoona's First Cooking Experience

Living as a Vampire II

YOONA

  When I the video camera I smiled and waved my hand, "Hello everyone, this is Yoona and this is my first time to record a video. Yeah, it was my first time ever in my life to record myself here and I bought this video camera for a reason, because I want to record..." I paused and bit my lip, "...how to cook a delicious food for Seohyun. This is my first time to cook food."

  "Let me describe about Seohyun," I smiled again, "First of all, to Seohyun who is watching this video: Thank you for watching and tasing my first cooked food for you since you've never seen me cooking for two years, if the food I cooked tastes awful then sorry. Love you!" Then smooched in the air but not in the lens of the camera. "Now, about Seohyun. Her true name is Seo Joo-Hyun, she doesn't like calling her name as Joohyun except when someone is angry at her and mentioned her full name, we just call her Seohyun which is more sounded like a matured person." I giggled.

  "She's kind, generous, and lovely person that I know, everyone thinks she is innocent and an angel in disguise. For me, she's a perfect and amazing, perfect for a demon like me." I snorted and laughed at my words, and then eventually back to the normal facial expression, "But seriously, I'm a demon, a half-demon. It's okay if you don't believe me, your choice, your decision."

  "Don't dare to make fun with her when she is in the angry or pissed stage, or else she won't talk to you for a whole day or she just act like you don't exist in this world. Trust me. I've tried it to her when we are in the SM building, so don't dare, okay?"

  I tilted the camera where I am in, "Now, I'm here at the basement. I can't just record inside the room while Seohyun is sleeping, so its better to be here and recording my first video." I chuckled. "So, let's start at--"

  "Yoona? Are you here?"

  I quickly hid the video camera behind the shelf but the lens are still showing then I stood up quickly and acting like I found something. "Yeah, I'm here Seohyun." I answered, she went downstairs and rubbing her eyes, "Why are you doing here in the basement?" She asked.

  "I uhh... I'm finding my notebook, but there's nothing here." I lied. "You haven't ate breakfast right?"

  "Oh, Summer cooked breakfast in the kitchen and I have voice lesson in the SM Building later." She smiled gleefully,  I blinked "You coming with me?" She asked. "Nah, I'm a bit busy later." I answered, "Why?"

  "I'm going to the supermarket to buy some ingredients." It's not bad to say about this, right? 

  She looked to me in a curious way, "Don't say you are going to cook?" She asked. Then I laugh, "Of course not! Hyoyeon told me to buy ingredients for our lunch." I said. She grin and was going to go upstairs again, "Goodluck, Yoong. Don't let the food burn because of your carelessness."

  As she was completely gone, I took a deep breath and get the camera out of the shelf, "You see, the girl you saw was her, Seohyun. Look how she was wearing lately, she's wearing a light purple pajama and a plain peach shirt. She already guessed that I will cook a food, but, not to spoil my surprise, I lied." I grin.

  "I'm going eat breakfast first before I go to the supermarket to get what I need for my first attempt of cooking a food."

  "But... let me ask Taeyeon what kind of food I'm going to cook."

 

  "Steamed chicken." Taeyeon answered.

  "W-What? That's too hard!" I complained, "Look, fried chicken, hamburgers, and all fast foods are not Seohyun's type. She wants a healthy food like I suggested earlier." She spat. "But what are the ingredients? Please, give me the ingredients." I begged. She sighed and gets a paper and pen, "Since it's your first time, I'll help you find the ingredients."

  I said yes in my thoughts, I tilted the camera on Taeyeon. "W-What is that? Is that a camera?" She pointed, "A camera." I answered. "Oh." She seems to be bothered by the camera. "What are you recording?" She asked, while writing the ingredients. "Recording my first cooking experience." I smiled. She just nodded and gave me the ingredients, "Here's the ingredients, now get lost."

  I chuckled, "Thanks, Taeyeon. Say goodbye!" I said while still pointing the camera lens at her but she rolled her eyes while crossing her arms, "Just grow up, Yoona." She said with a bored look. I walked out of the room with a smile plastered in my beautiful face, "That's Taeyeon, she doesn't like being in the camera."

  Then I showed the paper with the ingredients, "Now I got what I need, I'll head to the supermarket!"

 

  I the camera again and smiled, "I'm here inside the supermarket to buy the ingredients, I already got 1 whole chicken, potatoes, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce." I showed in the camera the ingredients I got in the basket. "There's more ingredients I need to find: Glass noodles, dried chillies, carrots, spring onions, cooking wine, oyster sauce, startch syrup or rice syrup, sesame oil, garlic and pepper. Too many ingredients, eh? But it's for Seohyun, so I need to bought all these stuff and start cooking!" I plastered a game face look on the camera.

 

  10:45 AM

  "Hello, this is the beautiful deer, Im Yoona. A soon-to-be chef in the future." I chuckled because of what I said, "So, as you can see, I'm wearing an apron for cooking and..." I tilted the camera to the left side to show all the ingredients, "... here are the ingredients I need for the steamed chicken."

  "Let's start this!"

  I walked to the on the kitchen counter and started to chop the whole chicken, peeled of the skin and soak it in the water along with the glass noodles in 20 minutes. Then, I get all vegetables and started cut it into big slices, next was I poured 2/3 cup of soy sauce, 3 tablesppoon of cooking wine, one tablespoon of oyster sauce, two tablespoon of starch syrup, three tablespoon of sugar, one tablespoon of sesame oil and crushed pepper and garlic in the bowl then mix it thoroughly. 

  Then I boiled the chicken pieces and wait for three minutes, I yawned and grab a chair and tried to nap for one minute.

  "Omo!" I suddenly wake up from my nap as I smell a burning stock of chicken, "Omo! What am I going to do?" I muttered as I saw the chicken was half-burned, "How can I finish this?" I muttered again. I groaned and looked around, I saw the whole kitchen was a mess!

  Should I call Taeyeon? She's the only one who is expert of cooking dishes. Or maybe Summer? She's the only big eater and can eat foods even though it is burned. Oh, don't be too silly Yoona! Argh!

  "What should I do? What should I do?" I repeated for almost 50 times while pacing back and forth, and look on my wrist watch and I almost screamed because it was already 11:27! And Seohyun will be back at 12:15! "Oh no!" I yelped and started to do my plan B.

  My first attempt just failed, now I'm gonna do the second attempt.

  "Yoona? What the hell is this mess?!" Just in time, Taeyeon just went inside the hell kitchen. "I-I'll explain to you later, okay? Help me clean this mess." I begged. with no response, Taeyeon helped me clean the mess I did in the kitchen.

  After cleaning the mess, Taeyeon glared at me in serious way, really serious. "Now, tell me. Right now." That made me goosebumps, "Okay, I was making my very first dish for Seohyun in her lunch." I answered. "You really did that without my help?" She said, "H-Hey, I was going to ask you for help but..." I sighed, "... it is better to cook dishes alone to learn myself how to do it in my own way."

  Taeyeon scoffed, "Sometimes, you are a ." I know Taeyeon is angry when she spat a hurtful words at people. "You can't learn how to do it without someone who is good in cooking accompany you to your first cooking experience." She said, "Take note of this, , not all the time you are the only one doing the hardest responsibility. You're pride is too high to do the hardest responsibilities and in the end..." She smirked. "Shame on you." Then her sarcasm starts to showed up towards me.

  "You see..." She tilted her head on the surroundings, "Life can't be easier when you are the only one doing the responsibility, you need someone to accompany you or help you to get through to it." She adviced. Then a moment of silence...

  Taeyeon smiled and looked to me, "Need help?" 

  "Yeah." Then we started cooking...

 

  12:16 AM

  Just in time when Seohyun arrived in the HQ, "So, how's the voice lesson?" I greeted with a smile, "A bit fine." She smiled back. "Just say it was hard." I said, she looked to me in a tiring look. "It was really hard, happy?"

  I chuckled and cuddled her, "Aww, my lovely Seobaby is tired already." I used an aegyo tone while cuddling her. "Yah, stop doing aegyo." She said, "Come on, I'm just cheering you up." I pouted. "I know how to cheer you up." I get the lunch box behind me and show it to her.

  "A steamed chicken?" 

  "Come on, I made it for you." I answered, she blinked her eyes, "Really?" She asked. "Uh huh, I made it for you." I smiled, she put the lunch box on the desk and gave me a kiss, a quick but sweet kiss.

  "Why don't you try to taste it first?" I asked. "Okay." She opened the lunch box, gets a chopstick and taste it.

  Please, say it was good. Please, say it was good. I crossed my fingers behind my back and trying not to be hysterical after she tasted it.

  "Wow, Yoona, it's really delicious!"

  I smiled in happiness as I heard her compliment, "Really?" She nodded. "You have just cooked a delicious food, Yoona." She said with a smile. "I thought it would be awful for you to taste it." I said while scratching my nape, "I know Taeyeon helped you cooking your first dish."

  "Don't tell Seohyun I helped you with this, it is your first cooking experience so I don't have to be involve with this." Taeyeon told me.

  "Uh no, I really prepared it all by myself." I said.

  She grin and hugged me, "I'm so happy you finally cook a food." I can feel a warm blush on my both cheeks. "Yeah, I just wanted to cook a special food for you, Hyunnie." She kissed me on the cheeks, "I love you, Yoongie."

  "I love you too, Hyunnie."

  As long as you are here, Seohyun. I will cook you a delicious food.

 

---

Okay guys, this is just a special chapter. And the next would be a secret. Hahaha!

Well, that's all fokes!

Stay tuned!

Here's the bonus picture of YoonTae.