27: For the Love of a Best Friend

Living as a Vampire II

SOOYOUNG

  I can't believe that devil was going to betray me! That , fortunately Summer stabbed her in the head and we let her die there. Leo told me about her, I should never trusted that devil before. Now, CL and the others are still hunting us, so we have to leave Seoul as soon as possible. We have to go to Daegu, I have to take her there for her safety.

  "Sooyoung, I'm hungry." Summer muttered, "Me too, we have to find a shop here." I said as I steered the wheel to the other side. I forgot that she didn't ate breakfast earlier, that just stopped us. Well, she's gone and she don't deserve to live. "Just wait, okay? We're almost here in Daegu." I said and keep driving, I'm hungry too. I need blood. I looked on the back mirror and saw my eyes were red, I can still hold myself from drinking her blood again.

  "Uhh, you have to wear a scarf, Summer." I said to her, "Why?"

  "J-Just wear a scarf." I answered as I tightened my grip on the stirring wheel of the car, "Okay." then I gave her my scarf that I am wearing. "Vampires don't feel cold anyways." she commented, then she wear it around her neck. I sighed and loosened a bit my grip on the wheel while driving. "We have to stop here." I said and pulled the car on the drive way of the 7/11 store.

  I removed my seatbelt and put my sunglasses on to avoid exposing my bloody red irises in the public, we got out of the car and went inside of the store. "Finally!" Summer said and stretched out her both arms in the air, "I'll get two ramen for us and then we will off to again." I said and went to the shelves to get foods, I have enough money to buy foods.

  As we are eating our ramen inside the store, I can't avoid myself to look at Summer eating her food with an open mouth. She reminds me of my old self, I remember the time when Sunny and Yuri were eating our lunch outside. That made me smile, I missed being my old self.

  "What's with that smile?" I startled as Summer asked and looked to me, "N-Nothing." I look away to avoid having an eye contact with her. She shrugged and took something put of her pocket, "I almost forgot to give you this." She showed an envelope with a name on it and put it on the table.

  "H-How did you get that?" My eyes widen as I pointed to the letter.

  "It was from Sunny, I saw this in the top of your desk. You haven't read it, have you?" She said, that's when I got silent and looked down. "Tell me, since when did you have a contact with her?" She asked, should I tell her? "Sunny and I are best friends, we never let go of each other. Since I left them, she was the one who got affected the most. I felt guilty of leaving her."

  "So, you're not angry at Yoona anymore?" She asked, "Yoona's false truth made me angry." I answered.

  "You leave them because of it." She said while sipping her diet coke, I shook my head. "Not because of that." I said, "Then why did you leave?" She looked to me. I sighed, "Because of..." I stop in the middle of my words as I saw CL with her two friends walking in the other sidewalk. "Hide." I whispered, she didn't confuse at me as she knew what I saw, we both hide and lean on the wall.

  I used my sensor to see in transparent of the enemies walked passed to us, it's been 2 years since I last used my ability. "How did they know we are here?" Summer whispered, "Shh." I gestured her to be quiet. They stopped in front of the store and sniffs, Summer started to close her eyes and hoping that they won't see us.

  Few moments later, they continue to walk pass to the store, which make me sigh in relief, "Are they gone?" Summer whispered. We stood up from the table, "I have to get you to the bunker." I said and get my coat and wear it again. "Let's get inside of the car."

 

  We bought all the foods that will last for a week, I should take her to my bunker in Daegu which I hid from Hyuna so that I can pass the inherited power of fiery witch. I lied to her, I lied to everyone, I lied to Seohyun. It's for their own good, I have to leave them alone because she is still living inside me.

  "What is this place?" Summer asked as she look around inside the place, "We're at the bunker, you'll be staying here as long as it's stay hidden. I don't like people knowing my one last home here in Daegu." I said and opened the storage, they're still blood bags inside but it will only last for a month. I get one blood bag and sip it to fill my stomach.

  "I didn't know that you're a smartass too." She commented and smack her body on the red velvet couch, I smirked, "One more thing, don't ever remove the scarf around your neck, your scent is now stronger that even Hyuna can easily followed you. Unless you want to take a bath." I said.

  She blinked her eyes and started to smell herself, "Yeah, I need to take bath right now." She got up from the couch. "Where's the bathroom here?" She asked, I sighed and pointed on that green door. "Oh, okay, thanks." She said and get a towel and started to go to the bathroom.

  After she took a bath, she wore a pink sleeveless shirt with a white see-through shirt, but she still wears the scarf to avoid getting the strong scent to smell by the enemies and even me. I took out my laptop to search where they are, Hongbin help me to connect on a satelite to locate Sunny's tracking device. I never lost contact with her although I stayed in Paris for two years.

  

  Four months before I left Korea...

  I went inside of our apartment, good thing they weren't here, I walked in my room where I left my belongings after I betrayed them. I walked upstairs and went to my room, I still have my duplicate key to open my door. My room is still somehow clean, maybe someone clean it while I'm gone. My memories with them are still inside my head, I have caused so much anger to them.

  "Sooyoung?"

  That voice, I turn around and saw Sunny in front of the door, "You came back." she said with all hopes within her. I look down and shook my head, "Sunny, I'm not here to came back." I said. She gasped and her eyes widen, "Y-You're lying, right?"

  "I'm not." I said. "I'm here to see you one last time."

  "Why are you doing this, Sooyoung? I thought we're best friends." Sunny asked with teary eyes that will starting to run down on her face, I can't hold my feelings when she's started to cry. I clench my fist as I looked to her straight to the eyes, "We are best friends."I answered. "But why you have to leave us? Why you don't want to come back? Why, Sooyoung? Why?!" She yelled in frustration and I can feel the ground shaking.

  "I had done wrong things to you, Sunny. I killed and hurt you, guys. To avoid that, I have to leave." I explained, "LIAR!" She yelled and the walls started to cracked big. "We've been best friends for a long time, Sooyoung. I cared so much about you, I've been a mother to you when we're humans. And now this is all you're going to do? You're going to leave me?"

  "I'm sorry, Sunkyu. You don't understand why I'm doing this." I said.

  Her eyes went red and throw a hard punch on my face, but I quickly halted it by my hand. Her fist is as hard as rock so my right hand is in pain but I didn't show any pained expression towards her raging expression. "I will kill you right now!" She gritted her teeth then throw a punch again, this time it hit me. I fell on the floor and without a second, she's already on top of me.

  "How could you do this to me, Sooyoung!" She punched me in the face, "How could you leave the only family you had for four hundred years?!" she throw me a dozens of punches, I don't care if it hurts, I just want to let out her bad feelings towards me. "How dare you came back just to say you're leaving?" I felt tears falling to my cheeks.

  I saw Sunny's face softened and crying, "Why, Sooyoung?" Her eyes went back to normal. "Why are you doing this?" She sobbed.

  It hurts me to see her crying like this, I moved my hand to touch her cheek and wiped her tears, "Thanks for saving my life when I was unconscious and nowhere to go when I was a girl. Thanks for caring and being there when I need you. Thank you for being a mother to me. Thank you for everything to make me live like this." I move my body up and kissed her.

  "Promise me, Sooyoung. You will come back." She said with a sincere look. I smile, "I will be back someday, I'll have to finish my mission before I would come back." I stood up from the floor.

  Before I could step outside, I turn around and took something out of my pocket. "Wear this." I gave her a clip with a red gemstone, "As a promise that I will come back." I walked closer to her and wear it on her short brown hair, "Always wear this, I  promise you I will come back." Then I kissed her again and hugged her one last time.

  "I love you, Sooyoung." She whispered with a smile, "I love you, too, Sunkyu." I turn my heels and walked away from my home...

  

  My mindset went back into reality as I heard my phone beeping on the desk, I get it and saw a text message which makes my eyes widen...

 

  I know you are in Daegu with Summer, where are you?

       From: Sunny

 

  Then another sound coming from the door that makes me surprise a bit, someone's knocking the door. Is it Sunny? I got up from the chair not trying to wake up the sleeping Summer in the couch. I unlocked the door and open it, "Sunny, how did you know--" I stopped as I saw the woman that I was looking for a long time.

  She smiled in front of me, that smile, that petty smile, reminds me of leaving me for a long time.

  "It's been a while, Sis." It's Choi Soojin.

 

---