31: Finally Saved

Living as a Vampire II

SEOHYUN

  I don't know how would I react from what I just saw. I'm just standing in front of the door, while Yoona, Yuri and Sunny are wailing in front of Sooyoung's lifeless body. I didn't know this would happened. I was expecting that Sooyoung can handle it but, I was expecting too much. Now, we saw her again... but she's already gone.

  "Why?" Yoona clenched her fist while tears running down on her cheeks, "Why should she gave up like that?" she uttered and gritted her teeth. She looked to Sunny and grabbed her collar, "Why did you let her die?!" Her eyes were all colored into red, even her eyeballs which made me goosebumps.

  "Y-Yoona." Sunny's voice is sounded like grieving, "I'm sorry..." then she pushed Sunny against the wall. "Sorry? How can you say sorry after all of this, huh?!"

  "Sooyoung... Sooyoung knows why she did this." Sunny answered, "She know Summer will be in danger if she kept her hidden, we protected Summer from the waves of vampires until I was the first one who out and all I know Sooyoung is dead."

  "Do you know where Summer was now?" I asked her but she answered by shaking her head. "I don't have any idea where she is now," then she turned her head to the direction of the big hole under the floor, "But all I know was Sooyoung hid her under the floor before we fought those monsters."

  I looked at Yoona who's still grabbing her collar and her eyes were burning red, "Let go of her, Yoona." I said. But she didn't listen and glared at Sunny, "Yoona," I stepped forward to her, she looked to me with a devilish look. "Don't let it show right now, Yoona." I warned, but she just looked to me. I can see her nails were starting to grow into claws.

  Her ears starting to become pointy and her teeth elongated into sharp fangs, "I'm gonna kill her." she said. "Let go." I command her but she just standing there, transforming in her true form. I can see in her eyes that she wants to kill anyone in her way, Sunny is now terrified of her and I'm losing my patience to her, again.

  I sighed and looked to her again, "I'm sorry to do this but..."

  As fast as a wind, I quickly went closer to her and use a force field to pushed her hard against the wall then the others were shocked from what I did. "Why did you do that to her, kid?" Stephanie asked me, "That's the only way to calm her down, I've tried many things to calm her without hurting but none of it didn't go well. So, I have no choice to hit her head to bring her consciousness back." I explained.

  I tilted my head on the dead Sooyoung, "She really did that to save her... even in her last breath." I muttered. "We didn't make it in time." Yuri commented and clenched her fist, "If we knew they were just here, she's still with us right now." she cried again. "We lost so many people in our lives, first our family, then Catharine and now Sooyoung." She wailed again then Hyoyeon comforted her.

  "Wait, what's this?"

  We turn around and looked to Taeyeon, holding a black journal in her hand then she gasped as she read inside of it. "This is her diary, guys." she said making us paid attention to her. "And..." her eyes eventually went teary, "... She already planned this before we knew." then something fell from the pages of the diary. A picture. A picture of Sooyoung and Yoona.

  I get the picture and studied it, "Why she has a picture with Yoona?" I asked and turned the picture and saw a blue sticky note behind, "A code?"

830U7-5Q

  "Guys, I think she left a clue in here."

  They all looked on the written code in the sticky note. "It's numbers, but what is on her mind to put us in a test like this?" Stephanie grunted, "We have to figure it out, right now and find Summer." Sunny said with a tensed look.

  "Wait a second, give me that." Taeyeon quickly get the sticky note from my hand and read it, "It is a place." then she looked to us, dumbfounded. "Sooyoung gave us a clue where we can find Summer." She exclaimed, "Then where?" I asked and walked closer to her.

  "Summer was on her way back to Seoul, she's going back to the HQ." Then she pointed the clue in her hand, "Seoul-HQ." She said.

  "We still have time to find her, maybe she's on the half way there." Stephanie commented, "Right, we have to hurry or else she'll be in danger again." Sunny agreed.

  "I'll teleport Sooyoung back to HQ." Yuri said. She stood up from the chair and carried Sooyoung's body, "We can't leave her here, she must be sleeping or unconscious." she said like Sooyoung is still alive. "Yuri--" Sunny was going to stop her but Hyoyeon took her shoulder saying to let her, "I'll take her to the hospital sector." Then she flickered herself along with Sooyoung's body and dissapeared.

  As Yuri teleported, just in time when Yoona is back in her consciousness. Back there she wasn't in a normal condition, "Ouch..." she groaned and massages her head as she got up. "I shouldn't let myself driven by that." She commented.

  "Yeah, you shouldn't do that. But we can't change it back." Hyoyeon commented. "What are we waiting for?" Stephanie said impatiently...

 

SUMMER

  "Train from Daegu to Seoul." the speaker announced then I automatically got up from the waiting shed and get my bag.

  I went inside the train and all the people are hurried to go inside, that's what troubled me. I really hate when someone pickpocketed me, so I tightened my grip to my bag and the sword. After 2 minutes being stucked in a crowd I sat at the corner part of the sit and studied the black katana blade I am holding, I opened the scabbard a little to see the details.

水泳

  I saw a japanese word in it, fortunately, I'm a half-Japanese so that's why I understand it quickly. After that I closed the scabbard and rested my back against the seat then took a deep breath.

  Few moments later, a beard man sat beside me which makes me alert a bit. I know Hyuna ordered her men to find us, I should stay alert if someone tries to attack me.

  I took out my shades to avoid exposing my both eyes when it suddenly glowed. After Sooyoung passed on the inherited power to me, I can feel everything, my instincts were open and something changed a bit in me. I obtained what Sooyoung has, the combat, the ability to use the sword and summoned fire.

  Summoning blue fireball lately is not what I'm going to do but that time I was so angry and makes me want to kill that guy, I can't even control myself from it. What happened lately was Hyuna's fault, that makes me very angry more. I'm gonna burn her down with her fellow who served her.

  For now, I need to refresh my mind a bit then I'll kill Hyuna instantly.

 

  After 3 hours ride from the train without getting caught by an enemy, I headed to buy snack near the station. I suddenly remember the time when Sooyoung and I went inside the store as we stopped by before continuing the road to Daegu, I miss the time that I had talk to a person who tried to protect me.

  As I walked pass to the kid's playground, I saw a girl sitting in the swing and she looks lonely. I walk closer to the kid, then she looked to me and I smiled.

  "Hey kid," I greeted and sat in the another swing beside her, but she ignore me. I pouted, "Why look so sad? Where's your mam and dad?" I asked her, but you know what happened?

  The girl started to cry.

  "H-Hey, did I s-said something wrong?" Now I feel worried, but she keeps crying. "I-I'm sorry, okay?" Why am I saying sorry? I snap it out of my mind and looked at the kid. "Leave me alone!" She shouted, "I don't have parents, so leave me alone!"

  Damn, I don't know how to stop the girl from crying. She's crying a lot, I can feel she has a weak heart. I remember when I was a kid, I cried a lot, so I feel the same way. I lost my parents too, my mom died after giving birth to me and my dad... someone killed him.

  I comforted the kid by hugging her, "It's okay, kid. I feel you, we're just the same, so don't cry." I said. She sniffed and looked to me, "Really? You don't have parents too?" She asked. I nodded and smiled, "Yeah, so don't cry." I patted her shoulder.

  I get an Oreo from my bag and gave it to her, "Here, you must be hungry." I smiled. "Wow! Thank you, eonnie!" She thanked, although I'm a big eater I still share what I have.

  "What's your name?" I asked her, "You first." She said while eating and chewing an Oreo biscuit in . "I'm Su..." I paused as I remember something. Should I say my real name or my nickname?

  "I'm Sooyoung."

  She smiled, "My name is Hyoyeon."

  I was a bit surprised as I heard her name, "Wow, Hyoyeon. Y-You have a unique name." I complimented, "Well, Ms. Lee said that my mom and dad gave me that name when I was a baby." She said. "So you are an orphan?"

  "I'm a foster kid."

  "It's just the same," I said, "Where do you live, Sooyoung eonnie?" She asked. "I lived in Japan, but I moved here few months ago." I answered.

  I can tell this is Hyoyeon's body double, but she's in a kid version. "Why are you here, alone?" I asked her, "I just escaped from the orphanage." She answered, "Why?" She pouted. "Nah, long story."

  "Ah, there you are."

  We looked to the beared man, that is the person who sat beside me from the train. "I've been looking for you." He said, "Uhh, Hyoyeon. Do you know him?" I asked the kid but she shook her head. "I don't know him."

  "Damn." I cussed and moved Hyoyeon behind me, "You must be the descendant she talked about," he smirk, exposing his sharp teeth, "Now's my time to kill you!" He run towards us like a hungry wolf. His nails were elongated into claws and his eyes were like raspberry color.

  I was going to slash him with my sword but I had a kid, I carried the kid Hyoyeon and dodged the attack of the vampire instead. "Run!" Then we started to get away from that monster, "What is that?" She asked. "I'll tell you later." I said and kept running away from him.

  "This way." We ran on the other side but we eventually stopped as we saw it was a dead end.

  "You can't get away from me now!" The vampire run towards us, "Stay here." I said to the girl and opened the scabbard of the katana. Just then, my both irises colored into gold as I slashed in one swift of that monster. "No!" he wailed as I cut his body diagonally and became into ashes. My irises went back to normal as I slaughtered the a monster.

  I turn around and saw the kid Hyoyeon's face is in an... amazement look? Like her eyes were sparkling.

  "You just killed a vampire." she muttered. "You know them?"

  She nodded, "Yes! They were cool!" she said in amazement. Then she run closer to me, "Are you a vampire too, eonnie?" she asked me with a sparkly eyes. I can't even say that I'm a vampire, so I just answered, "I'm not, but I'm a vampire slayer." I smiled. Then she screamed like she saw a celebrity, "OMG! I can't believe this is happening!"

  "You know that I'm a big fan of vampires and werewolves!" then she sighed, "Just then, I saw in my own eyes that the man is a vampire and you killed him. That is the best day ever!"

  "Okay, calm down. You're overly frustrated about what happened just now." I said, but she shook her head. "I'm not frustrated, it's an achievement that I just saw a real vampire and a real vampire slayer." Then she took my katana, "H-Hey!"

  "Don't worry, eonnie. I'm just going to study your sword for a bit." Then she fixed her eyeglasses and studied my katana, "Hmm... The blade was made from one of the strongest metal, Vibranium, with the mixture of the melted black sand." Then she looked on the handle, "The collar was made of black alloy, one of the strongest metal as well."

  "No doubt," she fixed her eyeglasses with a grin, "Your weapon is TRULY an anti-vampire weapon!" then she gave it back the sword to me.

  "You're really a big fan." I commented and covered the blade in the scabbard, "I'm watching vampire movies in my room and it's hard to keep a secret from Ms. Lee and the other kids around. None of them is one of the big fans of it, so it's pretty hard." She pouted and draw something on the ground.

  "Oh, I forgot." Then I grabbed her arm, "You should go back to the orphanage, maybe Ms. Lee is already worried for you."

  "I'm not going back there anymore." She sighed and looked on the ground, "Why?"

  "Ms. Lee was gone, she's the chairman of the orphanage but there's a new chairman and she treated us like rats, so that's why I escaped in the orphanage." Then she looked to me with teary eyes, "Eonnie, can I lived with you?" she asked.

  "W-Well... I just got back from Daegu, so... okay then."

  She jumped with joy and hugged me, "Yay! Thank you, Sooyoung eonnie!" she thanked me.

  

  "Summer."

  Did I just heard Taeyeon?

  I looked in the direction where I heard Taeyeon's voice. I saw them in a distance. "Taeyeon? Everyone?" I felt my heart just skip a beat as I saw them, my eyes are now teary as I saw them, "Guys... I-Is that you?" I asked. I slowly walked forward then slowly running to them. "Guys!" I called them out.

  Just then, my sight was blacking out and everything became slow in motion until my legs started to become jelly then I fell down. Tears were falling down from my eyes and I breathe heavily, my sight is getting blurry.

  "Summer!" I heard Seohyun's voice, "We're here, Summer, so wake up." That was Sunny's voice, right?

  "Eonnie! Wake up!" I heard kid Hyoyeon's voice begging me to wake up. My mind stopped functioning and everything I saw were now black. Thankfully, before I out, they finally found me.

  I'm finally saved...

  

---

 Just got updated. And I'll double update in the next. I promise.

Stay tuned!