24: Connections

Living as a Vampire II

SUMMER

  Unbearable pain wakes me up from my sleep, I sit up slowly from the bed and touched where the pain is. My eyes widen as I touched my sore neck, it has a bandage on it, what happened to me? I looked around inside this unknown room, where am I? What is this place?

  I got up from the queen-sized bed and roam inside, there's a body mirror in the corner next to the bed. I walked over and saw myself, again, I touched the wound in my neck. I tried to recall what happened but none of it showed up, instead, my left eye glowed into gold with no aching effect anymore. Then I heard a footstep coming behind me.

  "Summer." The voice made me goosebumps, I froze in my position in front of the mirror, what is she doing here?

  She walked over to me and looked to me with a blank look, "How do you feel?" She shoved her hand across to my shoulder. I pushed her away from me before she would do something even though I'm still frighten because of her. I can feel a scary feeing about her. Few moments later, my anger boiled inside of me and clenched my fist.

  "What did you do to me?" I asked.

  Sooyoung smirked and crossed her arms, "Silly little niece, she don't know what happened to her last night." she said sarcastically. "You bit me, don't you?" I pointed her. I was expecting that she will answer me straight but she just let it out a y laugh that fits her when I wanted to choke her to death.

  "I already bit you."

  I shook my head and walked backwards, "You're lying."

  "I'm not lying, Summer. Do you want me tell you what happened when we first met each other that night?"

 

  "Are you scared, Sooyoung?"

  My eyes widen as she mentioned my name. "How?" I muttered and crawled backwards, "Don't be scared, Sooyoung." She raised her hand, I was paralyzed and my whole body won't listen to me. She walked closer to me and knelt in front of me, her eyes turned into black and smiled.

  "I'm happy to see my body double." She said.

  "W-Who are you? Why... why do you look like me?" I asked her while my voice is trembling, "Oh, didn't they tell you about me?" She answered. "W-What?" I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

  She gave smirked and tucked my hair into my ear, "That eyes of yours reminds me of my old self, the fear in your eyes and the face of a cheerful girl who turned out to be a vampire." I don't know how to get away from her but my whole body is literally froze in my position.

  "I am you." She lifted my chin and looked to me.

  "I am the real Choi Sooyoung, and I am back."

  "Choi... Sooyoung?" That's my real name.

  I can't move my body because I am looking at her, "I am a vampire... that will bite you." she moved her cold hand behind my neck and pull it closer to . I can feel against my skin and it, "I will get you when it's ready." that's the last words she whispered before she dug her teeth inside me. I can't scream because no sounds coming out from my mouth until I lose my consciousness...

  

  I startled when she's in front of me and removed the bandage in my neck, she my hair over my shoulders and showed me something in front of the mirror, I gasped and my eyes widen as I saw a tattoo in weird symbol on it. "W-What is this?" I was trying to touch the tattoo in my neck but she grabbed my wrist. "Don't touch it, it's not healed yet."

  "Tell me, what is this?"

  "A curse." She answered, "A curse of a witch."

  I shook my head and my left eye activitated again, "No... This can't be happening." I denied. "I'm not a witch. I'm not!" I wailed and the boiling point of my anger bursted causing my fist clenched, "It's happening, Summer. Like it or not, I will become a grand fiery witch after a week before full moon shines upon the night."

  "You will be dead after a week." She whispered in my ear with a grin, "Don't worry, Summer. I will give you honor for your death and bury you to the ground properly." Is she really wants me dead after a week? Is she really desperate to get my left eye and the pendant? She turned her heels and was walking out of the room.

  "Why don't you kill me now?" I muttered and that stopped her from walking away, I slightly grin, "Besides, you only want my eye and the pendant. It'll be easier for you to become a grand witch if you will kill me right now."

  She smirked and tilted her head back to me, "How can I kill you instantly, hm?" Then she turn around and looked to me, "How can I kill you instantly if you're my older sister's grand-daughter?"

  "What is the real reason why are you doing this, Sooyoung?" I asked straight to the point while glaring at her. "I know few things about you before you became like this." But she just stared at me.

  "You were a devoted and trustworthy person before. You were Sunny and Yuri's best friend. You were the only person who can finish tons of foods a day. You were one of the members of our family. You were just like me when you're a human. You were Seohyun's first friend before them. And you know what? Seohyun is still waiting for you to come back, but you had the guts to ignore her and keep doing what's bad. Just because Yoona lied to you for a long time, you will turn back all of them because of it. You just misunderstood her. You didn't give her a chance to explain about it. You screwed them up, you let Seohyun and Yoona tortured to death and now you got me just because you only want to become a ing witch!"

  "Shut up!" That snapped her patience and in a blink of an eye, I was pinned against the wall and she grabbed my collar tightly. I just knew that I wasn't scared anymore, her eyes changed into gold-red color, she gritted her teeth exposing her two sharp canine, and she's really angry to me now.

  "How? How did you know all about this?!" She growled.

  I was surprised to myself about it, how did I know all about it? Few things were told to me but some of it doesn't comes from them, it comes from my own mouth without even knowing about it. But instead of giving a confusing look in front of her, one more thing came out from my lips.

  "Sooyoung... Seohyun learned not to give up because of you."

  Then her ravaging face eventually softened, "She would never give up just to win you back and be a good person again."

  "You're lying, Summer."

  I shook my head, "No, I'm not a good liar like you. I am being honest to people." I answered. "Seohyun wants her second family to be complete again, she will take any punishments just to win you back."

  She grin and pulled away, her eyes went back to normal with a sarcastic look, "You don't understand why I'm doing this." She said. "I understand why, Sooyoung. How about you, do you understand what I'm saying?" I said. "You asked me why I know all about this?"

  "Why?"

  Because...

  "We have connections." I answered it with a smile.

 

---

Okay! Two Sooyoungs are now talking! Hahaha!

Stay tuned!