33: 포기하지마

Living as a Vampire II

SOOYOUNG

  I was inside the bar to have my time for myself. I was in the chair near the counter and watching people dancing in the center part, I don't know why am I here. To have fun? Nah, if I'm having fun, I should've brought Yuri and Hyoyeon with me. Why am I here?

  Ah, now I know...

  To meet with that psycho hybrid.

  One time, Seohyun's phone was ringing inside of her room when she's out with Hyoyeon for her training. Maybe Taeyeon, Yoona or Tiffany called, I picked up and she's sounded like...

  "Hello, Joohyun. Mind if you come with me in your friend's bar?" Her voicemail.

  That woman, how did she knew Seohyun's name? Did she even know her? How come she know Seohyun's phone number? 

  I better go to the bar, atleast, instead of Seohyun will go, I was the one who will come and meet her.

  "How surprising. It's been a long time, Choi Sooyoung." I startled and went back to reality, I looked to the other side and saw BoA's unchanging face. She's still in a face after all. She wore a club outfit, as always. That dark blue eyes were gazing towards mine, saying something that is really interesting.

  "So, it was you who called." I greeted with a smile and put my cocktail glass, "How can a psycho know my place of fun?"

  She looked shock but eventually turned into a wicked grin, "Oh, so it's a coincidence." then she took a sip of her cocktail glass. "You're the owner of this place, huh." she said. This time, I gave her a glare, "Let's talk about this straight, BoA." then a moment of silence came between both of us.

  "What do you want from her?" I broke the 10 second silence.

  "Want from who?"

  "Don't play dumb, BoA." I said, "I know you had something that you want from Seohyun."

  She chuckled and took a sip of her cocktail, "And how did you know about that?" she asked. "If you ever touched Seohyun, I'll never forgive you." I threatened her, "So, you're the one who answered Joohyun's phone." she said. I grin, "Do you expect Seohyun will answer your call?"

  "Yeah," she answered.

  "Unfortunately, Seohyun was on her training and left her phone inside of her room." I said sarcastically, I can see a hint of annoyance in her face that makes me smile. "You thought Seo Joohyun will come over to see you, but unfortunately, the one you want to meet with is me." I crossed my legs as I finished talking. She just went silent and I am waiting for her to respond.

  But she just smirked, "I didn't expect that you are here to meet me, Sooyoung." then she stood up from the chair and looked to me straight. "But the half of you wants to know why you are living in this cruel world, and you seemed living as a monster but not living as a human."

  That stopped me for a minute, who am I? I only knew that I woke up to be a vampire, is there a back story that I lived as a human too? But I won't believe in her and her lies, she's just playing fool with me. She's our enemy, so why would I believe in her?

  "See?" she chuckled, "You only know the part of your life as a vampire but not as a human."

  I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "You don't have to know me, BoA."

  "You may not even know me but I know you from the very beginning." She said and starts walking around me, "I will tell you who you are little by little until your mind will be liberated."

  I clenched my fist on the counter table, "I said, I don't need to know myself as a human." I gritted my teeth. She laughed, "You were furious to all the vampires, Sooyoung." She looked to the dancing crowd in the center, swaying their hips as they dance.

  "I tell you this," she turn around and a ferocious look, "All I want is Joohyun, I don't want any of you but her." Then she looked to me from head to toe, "But... since you are eager to know the truth, you'll help me to get her." That's when my blood starts to boil.

  "Help you?" I scoffed and got up from the chair and look to her, "Listen, crazy ." I said to her, "If you lay one finger on her, I swear I will burn you alive." I threatened. She smirked, "You people are so protective to Joohyun, Aren't you?"

  "Did Seohyun know you? I bet she don't." I asked.

  She grinned and chuckled, "I was the one..." Her dark blue eyes glowed into red, "...who killed her parents."

  I knew it...

  "You..." She quickly grabbed my shoulder and we were teleported to another place, "It's not a good battle ground to fight inside your bar, because I will pay the cost of damages there." Without warning, she abruptly punched me with impact so my back bumps against the hard wall.

  Then I almost die when she suddenly throws a knife after her first attack if I hadn't dodged it fast, BoA was one of our enemy who can attack quickly without rest. "Damn." I cussed and roll over to avoid her third attack. I quickly stood up and make fire in my right hand, "Let's take a bet, Sooyoung." she said and we started to walk around in circle.

  "A bet?"

  "Yes. If you win, I'll never bother Joohyun anymore." Then her face eventually became devilish look, "If I win, you'll help me get Joohyun."

  I grin, "You know, I will never back out of this bet." I summoned dozens of fireballs from the ground. "What are we waiting for?" BoA smirked and her hands formed into sharp claws. Then we started to fight what's good and what's bad.

  Her claws were too sharp and it scraped my cheek, she elbowed my face causing me to step back. I got my chance to attack her by kicking her stomach and slammed her down. Then I jumped away in a distance from her and throw an explosive fireball to her then boom!

  I smiled in triumph, the place where I left that hybrid make a thick smoke until it wore off, she wasn't there. "Looking for me?" I was surprised when she's behind me, smirking. "What the--" she twisted my arm across my back and slammed me against the wall, "Argh!" her other hand was on my head while her other hand was gripping my arm on my back.

  In the corner of my eyes, I can see half of her face were burned up and slowly reconstruct bit by bit, "You choose a wrong foe, Choi." she laughed psychedelically. "You can't beat me by your ability or I can kill you in one swift, just like what I did to Yoona last time." she whispered and pressed my head harder. I growled, "You psycho... argh!" I fight back but she's stronger than me.

  "I had full intention to kill Yoona that time, but that Catharine convinced me to spare her." She whispered again and moved her face in my neck, "This time, I have full intention to get what I want from Joohyun." Then she bit me. A painful and sizzling bite causes me to scream.

 

  I gasped as I rose from the bed, I was panting and sweating at the same time. I cupped my face and sighed, "It's just a dream." I muttered and looked on the bedroom sheet. I am wearing an old ragged robe, what the hell was going on? I opened the curtains and the sunlight met my eyes, "Why is it morning?" I asked.

  "Sooyoung!"

  Wait, is that... father?

  "Father?" I got up from the bed and walked downstairs, I saw them, I saw my parents.

  They were alive and here, my mother is cooking for the breakfast and my father is reading an old novel. I can't believe they're alive. "Sooyoung, what are you standing there? Come and eat breakfast." I startled when my mother pulled me closer to the dining table, "W-Where's Soojin, mother?" I asked.

  "She's at the town, she's going to buy foods in the marketplace." Father answered.

  "How come you always asked Soojin to go to the town by herself? Why not me?" I asked them, "Because you're not old enough to handle by yourself, your older sister can handle for herself because she's a teenager." mother explained and patted my head. "You're 9 years old, Sooyoung. And Soojin is 15, she can handle herself outside." and father added.

  My mother put the breakfast dishes on the table and we started to eat, I missed being with them. It feels like forever with them and finally home. I am home.

  Then I heard someone banging up the window glass and yelling my name.

  "Sooyoung!"

  "Hm?"

  I saw a silhoutte figure of a woman behind the window glass, "Sooyoung! It's me, Summer!" she said. "Huh? Summer?" I stood up from the dining chair and looked to her, "Who are you?" I asked her. "I know you're in there! Please, wake up!" she begged, I can't still see her face and what she looks like. "I'm already awake." I answered.

  Seriously, who is this woman?

  "Sooyoung, don't you remember us anymore?" The woman asked.

  "I don't know you, really." I answered, "I'm your body double, my grandma gave me the same name as yours. Choi Soojin, is my grandma, and your older sister." she said. My eyes widen, "S-Soojin?"

  I heard a sob outside and it comes from her, "Listen, Sooyoung! Don't give up! I know you still here in this world!" What is she talking about? "Sooyoung... I know you hate giving up on things, so right now, I'm telling you the same thing."

  "Not giving up? From what?" I was so confused.

  I turn around and nothing, no home, no parents, no everything. It was all pitch black and I only saw myself, wearing a modern outfit with a black sword in her hip, "We are your family, Sooyoung." Now I know who she is.

  "S-Summer." I know her. 

  Her smile is just the same like mine. Behind her is my second family, they were smiling at me. "Taeyeon, Seohyun, Yoona, Tiffany, Stephanie, Jessica, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sunny and me. We are your family, your sisters." she said, "We are not giving up on you."

  "Guys..." Tears fell down to my cheeks, "... I'm sorry."

  "Don't give up."

 

---

Just double updated! YES! ^_^

Salamat sa paghihintay para sa double chapter! (Thank you for waiting for the double chapter!)

I always typed in Filipino when I'm excited. Hahaha!

Stay tuned!