25: The Clues and The Diary

Living as a Vampire II

 

  "Seohyun, what are you doing? Why are you packing your things? Are you assigned on your next mission again?"

  Yoona keep asking the young gifted but it was all ignored. Seohyun didn't said a word since they arrived at the Headquarters, she started packing her things up inside her room and ignored all questions she gave to her. As she finished packing her things, she walked out of her room while Yoona followed her.

  "Whoa, kid, what's with the hurry?" Stephanie asked her in a confusing way, "Out of my way." Seohyun said then Stephanie stepped aside not block the younger vampire's way. Stephanie looked to Yoona, "Where is she going? It's late." She asked her, "Maybe she's going to find Summer all by herself." 

  "This late?" Stephanie asked, Yoona gave a sigh. "We know how important Summer from her, she don't want to let Summer be in the wrong hands." She explained, "But I don't want her to go find Summer by herself."

  Stephanie seems to understand what she is saying, then she grabbed Yoona's arm. "Let's go." Then pulled her arm to the other way, "W-Wait, Seohyun's leaving!" Yoona said. "We have to tell this to Taeyeon and the others, we will follow her anonymously." Stephanie answered.

 

  Seohyun walked out of the HQ to find Summer, she's still angry of what Yoona said to her. She keeps walking on the street in the middle of the night, she doesn't care if there's some crazy vampires attacked her, she must find Summer. She walked on the other way and jumped through the roofs and climbed up on the top of the building to see where she can find Summer.

  "Damn..." she murmured as she can't track Summer's scent, then she clenched her fists. "I need to find Sooyoung." She started to jump over the roofs and headed to the forest, alone. Behind her are the insanes, she stopped and faced the insane vampires, "Had a guts to follow me, rats?" Seohyun opened her two katana.

  One insane attacked her and she cuts his head, then all of the insanes attacked at the younger vampire at once...

 

  Inside of the mansion, Summer got out of her room and headed to the room where Sooyoung is. "Okay, Summer. Open all your instincts and get inside of Sooyoung's room." She muttered and tiptoed to the corridors, she quietly hid on the platforms not to be notice by anyone inside.

  As she saw the red door in the other side, she knew it was her room. She smiled and was going to step but someone pulled her back by grabbing so that she would not scream.

  "Mmmmphh!" Summer screamed as he expected, "Shhh, don't scream. She might hear you." he whispered to the younger woman. "You?" Summer pointed him, he smiled. "What are you doing here, uhh... Leon?"

  Leo smiled widely, "It's Leo, Summer." he corrected. "W-Wait, what are you doing here?" Summer asked him, "I came here to bring you back to the HQ." he answered. "No, not now. I have to stay here with her." Summer refuse, Leo changed his expression. "Why?" he asked, then she shook her head, "I have to know more about her." She answered.

  "Are you crazy?" Leo almost exclaimed in shock.

  "I'm still in my sanity, Leo. I want to know why she is doing this, I know there is a specific reason why." she explained. "She wouldn't do this just because of Yoona's false truth, if I were her, I will be just mad at her but I wouldn't turn back from them." then she glanced at the red door. "There's a specific reason aside from that, which is very interesting to hear."

  Then Leo rubbed his chin and think, "Maybe... you're right." He finally agree. "It wasn't the only reason why she's doing this, there's really something, hmm..."

  "I can't go back to the HQ for now, there's still four days for me to live." Summer said with all the courage, "What if..." Leo stopped his words as Summer elbowed him lightly, "Come on, I'm fine here. Sooyoung and I are the only one inside of this mansion." She said to the older vampire.

  "Hongbin already told me about the yellow moon that will appear in Friday night." the younger woman said.

  Leo blinked his eyes, "Hong was with you?" he asked, then Summer nodded, "Yeah, he came inside my room yesterday. He also told me about the night before the sacred ritual..." her face went down, "... it's true that I will die after the ritual."

  "Witches are living..." Leo was going to mention something but Summer added something, "... Living corpse as vampires."

  "No, witches are living creatures, Summer." he said as he patted her shoulder. "Sooyoung cannot be the grand fiery witch if she's already dead. You must inherit the ancient power of the witch." he explained. "But? I thought I am dead, I thought I'm now a vampire." Summer said. "She already bit me from the very beginning, I didn't knew that she already planned this before."

  "You're still human, Summer. I can still smell the blood flowing inside of you." Leo said, "Oh, well. I thought I'm a vampire now." Summer rubbed her nape. "You will turn into one when someone gave you a blood of a vampire, but it will be hard for you to understand." he said, "Yeah, Yuri already told me about it."

  Leo sighed, "Did Hongbin told you about Seohyun?"

  "Nope..." Then Summer tilted her head to him in shock, "Wait, what about Seohyun?" She asked.

  "She left without permission of the Head just to find you." He answered. "What? Why she's doing it alone?" Summer asked, but the older vampire shrugged, "I don't know, maybe I can tell Yoona or anyone who's close to her."

  "About Jessica, your sister, is she still in coma?" Summer looked to him in a worried look, "Yeah, I shouldn't leave them before."

  "Why did you leave them by the way?" The younger woman asked, "I can't tell you right now." He answered and took her both shoulders. "Listen, Summer. I'll keep you in touch with the HQ, the day before the ritual, I will get you out of this place. I won't let you get killed, and stay alive."

  Summer looked to him with a suspicion, "Why do you care so much, Leo?"

  The older vampire smiled, "I love people." Summer scoffed like it was a joke, "How optimistic." She commented.

  "You go ahead, Leo. I will be fine." As they going to part ways, Summer stopped and looked to him. "Thanks a lot... Leo." She smiled, "Don't mention it, Sum."

 

  As Summer slowly opens the red door, she saw Sooyoung, sleeping in her queen-sized bed. Summer bit her lip and slowly closed the door without click and tiptoed up to her bed, how can a vampire sleeps through days? Summer thought.

  Then, Sooyoung's hand clenched in the sheet of blanket, "No... Don't kill me..." She muttered in her sleep. "Please... Don't kill them..."

  "S-Sooyoung." Summer moved her hand and her wavy and shiny hair, she saw tears running down her eyes. She's crying? Summer thought, "Don't kill... Don't kill her..." She muttered again. "Her?" Summer looked to her suspiciously and saw a picture under her pillow.

  "What is this?" She carefully get the picture under the pillow, she gasped as she look on the picture. "Yoona?"

Yoona and Me!!!!
Yoona and Me!!! <3

  Why she's still have a picture with Yoona? She thought then looked to the sleeping vampire, "Maybe she's still need them, but I am not sure." she whispered and hid the picture in her back pocket. She got the first and second clue, she must find more clues, she got up from Sooyoung's bed and walked over the desk not far away from the bed.

  "I have to find some clues here," then she opened the first drawer and saw some crumpled papers, she gets one crumpled paper and opened it, "What?" she froze as she read what the vampire wrote in a crumpled paper.

  Someone help me, she's killing me inside!

  Please, help me... ~Sooyoung

  "How can a vampire seek help?" Summer commented, then she looked to the bed, Sooyoung is still sleeping. She hid the paper in her back pocket again. What's wrong with Sooyoung? Why she seeks help? Summer thought again, "I have to figure out what's going on." she felt thrill and somehow tensed of what's going on.

  Summer gulped and opened the second drawer, this time, she saw a black leathered notebook inside. "A diary?" Summer is not fond of writing her own journal, she is feeling bored when she wrote her journal, but she didn't know that her grand-aunt wrote a diary. She unbottoned the diary and open it, she started to read her diary.

 

  July 23,

  I'm leaving Seoul later and going to Paris, I should leave them for now but I will be back, I don't know when but I will be back. I have to part ways from them, I know it's hard. We've been a family in four centuries, we've been through a lot, we've been helping each other for a long time, but I will leave them for now. I have to start finding my older sister, Soojin. I heard for a long time that she's still living in this world after she run away from me, I can't help but to get angry with her for running away from her, but sometimes, I still missed her. Maybe she has her own family now, should I visit her?

- Sooyoung  

 

  August 1,

  How can I forgot the twins' birthday? Should I greet them? Or write a greeting card saying, "Happy birthday, Badass Steph and Pink Monster Tiff!"? What if they are still angry to me? I know they won't forget what I did last time, I killed Yuri, hurt Stephanie, kidnapped Tiffany and the worst... I almost killed Taeyeon with my flames. I think my own family were now angry with me like they will going to kill me if I came back to Korea. I'm sorry and Happy Birthday, Hwang Twins! Be the same persons I knew from the beginning.

- Sooyoung  

 

  December 24,

  It's Christmas Eve, how can I greet them? It's way too far to great them, I'm still in Paris while they were still in Korea. Well, I should write here then... Merry Christmas, Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Stephanie, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun. I'm sorry, guys. Forgive me. Hey, Yoona! If you read this, I forgive you! Please! I forgive you! Merry Christmas again! Love you all!

- Tall Reindeer, Choi Sooyoung

 

  April 12,

  I thought she was completely gone, but she's still inside me. I followed her orders, if I refuse her requests she will kill me or kill them. I can't let her do that, so I followed what she order to me. Last night, I saw my body double, running away from that three bastards hungry for blood. Of course, I can't let my body double die in vain so I saved her, but I'm hungry too, I'm being acting sarcastic when I feel hungry. I can't control my thirst and bit her, but I swallowed three times then I'm satisfied. I put her asleep and sealed the wounds without a trace. This will be the first sign that I came back here in Korea.

- Sooyoung

 

  May 16,

  Wow, time's really fast! Today is Sunny Bunny's birthday. My body double's name is Summer, I heard everyone calling her that, but her real name is Sooyoung Choi, just like my name too. I can see what she's doing because we have the same witch's eye, I can see she stayed inside the HQ for her safety, I can show myself to her using our witch's eye, but she can only see me but not them. Summer is scared of me, and I really wanted to see her, hug her and care her. But we had boundaries. By the way, Happy Birthday, Sunny the Smidget!

- Sooyoung

 

  Summer stopped reading the diary when she heard the vampire's yawning sound from the bed, so she hid herself under her desk which she's in a perfect fit and holds not to muffled a single word. She looked on the little hole where she can see the vampire just woke up from her sleep, she got up from the bed and rubbed her eyes, "What time is it?" Sooyoung asked and looked on her wrist watch. "It's 12:30?"

  "Maybe Summer was screaming hungry right now." she said and tied her long hair up, "I'll cook lunch for her." then she started to her shirt and changed into a casual one. Summer can't avoid to swallow her saliva while seeing the vampire changing clothes.

  Then suddenly, her stomach growls, Summer froze in her position as her stomach grumbled for food. Yeah right, I didn't ate breakfast earlier. the younger woman thought. "I'm hungry." She mouthed but with no sounds.

  She looked to the hole again and she saw the vampire got outside of the room. Summer took a deep breath and got out under the desk, "That was close." She muttered and stood up. Then there's an envelope fall to her foot, "Hm?" She pick up the envelope, unopened.

  "W-What?" She was astonished as she saw the one who send the letter to Sooyoung.

 

  From: Sunny <3

 

---

Things getting tensed! Hahaha! I just watched the two MVs yesterday and midnight, they're so cool! I almost faint while watching!

Stay tuned guys!