35: We are Family

Living as a Vampire II

SUMMER

  My eyes is a bit stingy, I used these eyes too much. "Come here, you witch!" BoA shouted and attacked me by using another limb, I parried it with a sword. But I didn't notice there's another attack coming from the corner which is I didn't avoid it and it hit my face then fell down.

  "Gotcha!" She's really going to kill me!

  I cringed and closed my eyes, "Such a baby of you, Summer." Wait, that voice. I know her! "Jessica?" I saw her wearing black jump suit and her hair is long like an ice princess, "Look who's here?" BoA greeted, "A pathetic ice princess."

  Jessica smirked and snapped her finger, in a moment she snapped it, a big shards of ice and black crystals sprouted beneath of her feet and grabbed all the limbs like she wants to stuck BoA from her trap. In the corner of my eyes, there is Krystal, still with a blonde hair and fierce face.

  "For my family, you psycho!" Krystal shouted and summoned more black crystals to blocked and offended her.

  "Should I warned you again, BoA? Or you just had thick head?" Jessica asked her, "You shouldn't use Sooyoung's body just to be alive again, just stay where you belong and never bother us anymore." She coldly said and throw an ice spikes on her but it was slammed by another limb.

  "I have to finish what I started, ! Then I'll destroy you all!" She raged in anger and was going to attack Jessica by a pointy limb, I got up from the floor and quickly cut the limb. Jessica smirked and looked to me, "I just woke up, you know?" Then turn her eyes back to BoA, "And you just disturbed my long sleep."

  "You-- ahh!" Something big slowly sprouting on her back, like there's something inside of it. "ing virus!" She cussed, she step back and growling in pain. Something's wrong with her, it's like...

  Something is still breathing.

  Although I can't feel a heartbeat in Sooyoung's deformed body, I can sense something is still alive. "I will kill you all!!!" Then all of her long sharp limbs broke the trap and started to gone wild, her eyes glanced at me then smirked, "SOOYOUNG!" She throws a big fireball towards me.

  Wait...

  What am I not feeling afraid of death just because she throws me a fireball?

  There's something that I want to know, something obvious, something that can gives me a boost...

  Ah, now I know.

  I grinned like Sooyoung and both of eyes' pupils turned into a cat-like shape as the fireball draws closer to me until it bumps against me...

 

~~

 

  They heard a big explosion coming from the corner of the area where Summer is, that's when all the lights were off and it turned the emergency lights on. "What the hell was that?" Stephanie asked, Hyoyeon gasped and took Taeyeon's shoulder, "Summer, Jessica and Krystal was there, Taeyeon! We have to get there!" She said with a tensed look.

  Taeyeon got the feeling that Summer is almost dying there, she turn around and looked to the others, "Come on, guys! We have to get there! Hurry!" Then they started to run fast as they could. But Seohyun still isn't recovering fast, that's when Taeyeon noticed her condition.

  Then she helped Yoona to carry Seohyun.

  On the other hand, as the thick smoke covered the place where BoA threw a big fireball to Summer. The psycho smirked as she saw the burned corpse of Summer, unmoved and dead. That's when she laugh in victory, "I just killed a witch! Hahaha!" she laughs more and more.

 

  "Wow, that body you burned is truly intimidating."

  

  "Yeah, you should saw what happened Soo--" she realized something then turn around, her eyes widen and can't believe what she saw above. "What? You should be dead!?"

  She just saw Summer and the Jung sisters, sitting in the platform above like they're watching her all the time. "Why?!" She shouted in confusion, "You were exactly there! You were JUST exactly there!" She pointed the direction where she last saw her. Summer smirked and crossed her leg, "I'm just playing fools with you."

  "B-But... Jessica was there and Krystal was there in the other corner!" Then she stopped as she saw the two wooden manequins where she last saw the sisters were positioned then, "W-What the is this?" She glanced at Summer with a confusion.

  Summer took out something from her pocket, "Remember you gave this to Sooyoung, right?" It was a spell booklet.

  "You thought I am the one who was dodging all your attacks, you thought Jessica and Krystal was there to set a trap." She grinned wickedly, "You. Are. Wrong." She said the word one by one then her eyes colored into gold cat eyes.

  "Before I came inside this area, I met Jessica and Krystal who are going in the same place as well. We already planned this before it gone all wrong. And we are just watching you all this time, while you were playing fool with the fake us."

  "How?!" She started to get mad again.

  Summer pointed her temple, "Big brain of mine told me." she smiled.

  "Not gonna doubt," Jessica looked to her sister, "Summer is a very smart girl." Krystal smiles after her sister said. "Yeah, she's a genius." she agreed.

  "You weren't thinking too much, BoA. You are just thinking that I'm just a piece of cake to kill, but no. Though I'm just a human and you're a hybrid, I can still smack that face of yours." She underestimated to lose the psycho's patience.

  "You!" She jumped and attacked them, but in another surprised, they were dissapear to that place. "What?!" It was just a hologram!

  "Sorry, my bad." Summer's sarcastic tone makes the psycho turn her head down and saw the three of them. Then she noticed something behind that smile, until she signalled...

  "Now."

  Clasp

  Black crystals and ice shards impaled down to her, avoiding the enormous lump behind her back. "W-Why you...?" Then another big shards impaled from waist to waist, which makes the psycho screamed in pain. Then Sunny got her chance, she summoned a big erosion from the ground to stuck the half of the psycho's body. Yuri's turn and tied all the pointy limbs in one place. Stephanie's turn, she holds all the limbs and pull it all of her might.

  Hyoyeon used her illusion to lure the psycho's mind so that she won't hear or saw what's next. Then, Seohyun and Yoona combined they're ability into one and cut all the limbs at once. Taeyeon used her power to dried the sliced limbs until it is thin and almost turned into dust and Tiffany blew them away and it all disappeared.

  Now, BoA is weaponless.

  That's when Summer jumped high and impaled BoA by her katana in the back but not in the center, "Sooyoung." she starts to whisper. "It's me, Summer." Her eyes were back to its normal color, "I know you're in there. So please, wake up." she begged her eyes starts to tear up but Sooyoung didn't respond, "Sooyoung, don't you remember us anymore?" She asked.

  "I'm your body double, my grandma gave me the same name as yours. Choi Soojin, is my grandma, and your older sister." She introduced again trying to remember anything, "Listen, Sooyoung! Don't give up! I know you're still in this world!" she shouted as she cries, "Sooyoung, I know you hate giving up on things." then she clenched her fist.

  "I'm telling you the same thing." 

  "We are your family, Sooyoung." she sobbed again and again, eventually forced herself to smile, "Taeyeon, Seohyun, Yoona, Tiffany, Stephanie, Jessica, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sunny and me. We are your family, your sisters."

  "We are not giving up on you." She wiped her tears, "Please, don't give up."

  After what Summer said, the lump starts to move a bit which makes them surprised, "It's moving!" Sunny commented. "Argh! No! NO!" BoA screamed in pain, then opens wide, literally wide. Something is coming out from the mouth.

  "Everyone, step back!" Yoona gestured them to move backward, a body came out from the psycho's deformed body. "Sooyoung!" Summer to her, her body is and full of slime. Jessica removed her coat and draped it to her body, "Sooyoung, can you hear me? Sooyoung!" She shook her a bit but Sooyoung was half-unconscious.

  She turns her head to BoA and gritted her teeth, "What did you do to her?" She grabbed her katana and plunged her chest, "I'll never forgive you!" Her eyes changed into gold cat eyes again, blue hot aura appeared in her arm where she hold the sword. "You're dead." At that moment, BoA's body burned.

  After BoA burned into ashes, that's when Summer collapsed. Fortunately, Krystal caught her back and gasped, she felt something's not right with Summer. "Oh no, her heart is beating down. What are we going to do?" Krystal said in panic.

  "Maybe she didn't drink the blood pendant as soon as she get here." Jessica said, "She didn't know her days were now counted, she must drink the blood to become a new fiery witch or else she'll grow weaker until she died."

  Taeyeon turns her head to Jessica, "How do you know all about this?" She asked the ice princess. "She's right." Seohyun came in front of them, "Summer is now the one that holds the power of fiery witch, but she's not completely a witch. She needs to drink the blood pendant in order for her to live again, but..." Seohyun glanced at Summer. "...she's not a human anymore."

  "In fact, she will be a living monster." Jessica ended.

  "Could you two tell me how do you know all about this?" Taeyeon repeated while scratching her nape, "Dr. Park told me." Jessica answered, "I read the books about witches." Seohyun added.

  "Just... do it."

  They all paid their attention to Summer, "Sooyoung said... that I'm her legacy... and I don't... want her to be sad if she knew that I die saving her, so just do what will save my life. I can take any pain just to live."

  Krystal removed the lace of the pendant from her neck and open the small vial, "If I don't remember anything after this, tell Sooyoung that I'm gone to Japan." She tells her last wish. Krystal smiled, "We will." Summer gave a fainting yet farewell smile, "Thank you."

  "I'm glad that I met you, guys."

  Then she drinked the blood.

 

~~

 

  2 months later...

 

  The sun shines too much in this season, people has their own umbrella while walking outside at day, but a short haired woman wearing a red scarf and carrying all the luggage she has was walking on her way to her grandmother's home. She didn't break a sweat after she got out of the airport and walked to her home.

  She stopped in front of the big house, she smiled and uttered something. "I'm home."

  As she opened the gate, she saw her grandmother, cleaning the porche of their house. "Grandma." She called the old lady, then her grandmother stopped cleaning and turn around, surprised to see her one and only grand-daughter once again.

  "Summer?" She walked closer and hugged her, "I'm back, grandma. You don't need to worry about me again." Summer hugged back and happy that she is with her grandma again.

  "Wow! You really cooked all of these for me?!" Summer was stunned as she saw all of her favorite foods in the table, Soojin smiled, "Of course, it's a welcome back feast for your big tummy there." Then she laughed. The taller woman pouted, "I'm not fat, grandma. My metabolism is just too fast that's why I'm always thin."

  While eating, Summer can't avoid talking too much with her grandmother while eating, "Oh dear, manners." She warned her. "Oh, sorry." She swallowed the food first before going on, "I just missed eating my favorite foods in here. One time, I had a shift as a waitress in one of the japanese restaurant but I quit afterwards for something but it's okay."

  "Have you met any koreans there?" Her grandma asked.

  She nodded and swallowed another food, "Yeah, many of them. I had fourteen korean friends there, and they're all friendly."

  "Well, have you met someone who looks just like you?"

  "Just like me?" She rubbed her chin, "Hmm, well, Yoona has a big appetite as mine, Hyoyeon is a good dancer like me, and... Seohyun is a centimeter shorter than me."

  "About your dreams, why did you come back?" She asked again. Summer put down the small bowl and looked to her, "I think it's a better idea to be with you, grandma. Besides, Marina's last wish is to be with someone you called home and I respected her wish although I've been through a lot for that two years away from you."

  "Why did you stopped? I was going to visit you this fall."

  Summer smiled, "I stopped because she really needs to be with them again so I gave her my identity." That made her grandma stopped, "Identity? To whom?" She suddenly asked. "I know you knew her, grandma."

  "I thought you'll forget anything after you--"

  She suddenly holds her rough hands, "Grandma, how could I forget about them?" She giggled, "I will never forget anything that is very important to me."

  "They were the best thing that they ever happened to me." She smiled. Then she glanced at the black katana beside her, "I'll be her living legacy from now on."

  Thank you, Sooyoung. Summer thought.

 

~~

 

  One rainy day, as a tall woman headed to the apartment and she quickly removed her sweater. "Crap, I didn't know that it would be raining just now." She was off for jogging when a rain suddenly poured down. Then she noticed inside that it was dark, "Did anyone closed the light this morning?" She asked herself irritatedly.

  She walked to the on-and-off switch and turn it on the lights but it didn't work, "Did they paid the electricity bills? Why there's no lights?" She was going to call Taeyeon when...

  Suddenly, the lights switched on.

  She looked up and saw a banner saying, "Happy Birthday, Sooyoung!"

  "Happy birthday, Sooyoung!" They shouted with a smile. Tiffany and Stephanie popped the party popper, then Yuri and the two Hyoyeons throws her a confetti. "Happy birthday, eonni Sooyoung!" Said the 10-year-old Hyoyeon and hugged the taller woman.

  "Guys, what's this?" She asked.

  "Isn't it obvious? It's your birthday." Jessica answered, "But I don't celebrate my birthday." She refused.

  "Oh come on, Sooyoung. Don't you want to be happy for just one day?" Sunny placed her arm over the shoulders of the taller woman while smilling with all of her happiness, "Yeah, we put all the effort for your birthday today." Taeyeon added.

  "W-Well, I just don't enjoy having my birthday to be celebrated." She reasoned while scatching her nape, "Hey, just because we're vampires doesn't mean we don't need to have our birthdays to be celebrated. We just don't make ourselves exposed that we were." Stephanie said.

  "Like what?" Sooyoung asked, "Like people will get suspicious when they found something odd about us." Tiffany answered. "You know, guys. Let's not worry about that, we are here to celebrate Sooyoung's birthday." Hyoyeon came between them, "Seohyun and Yoona made the birthday cake for you."

  Sooyoung saw Seohyun and Yoona carrying the birthday cake for the birthday girl, "Happy birthday, Sooyoungie!" The couple greeted the taller woman. Her eyes starts to tear up as she saw everyone in front of her, smilling without any negativity mixed on their faces. "Everyone... You did all the efforts for my birthday?" Her voice is starting crack up.

  "After all what I did in the past... you still gave me a warm welcome?" That's when she broke into tears and cupped her face, "Aww, Sooyoung." Seohyun draw closer to her and hugged her, then the others hugged her as well. "Don't cry, Sooyoung. We are here!" Tiffany said.

  The taller woman wiped her tears and sniffed, "I'm not crying! I'm just happy!" She smiled eventually. "About the past, Sooyoung. Just forget it, it's all in the past now." Taeyeon said, "We are family, and family always sticks together, stays forever."

  "Yeah, we are family." Sooyoung smiled with the tears of joy.

 

---

I don't know how would I end this book 2. But I know that I'll reach this up to 40 and that's it, then I'll open up the book 3 sooner. Well, I'm happy that Sooyoung came back. XD

Stay tuned!