16: Traveler's Story Part 1

Living as a Vampire II

 

YURI

  Listen to my story...

  Once upon a time, there was a pretty and lovely girl named Kwon Yuri. She is a traveler and nowhere place to stay, from town to town, her parents were travelers too. Until her parents knew that she can travel by herself, they let her travel to the middle of the walk while they stayed at their cottage near the lake. 

  I just found a wonderful place in the world, and it was Florence. I was in the tavern to give myself a relax first, until...

  "Hey! Give it back!" I saw a small woman trying to reach her bag from a middle-aged man with a tattoo over his left arm, "Can you reach this, little bunny?" He grin. "You bad breath man! Give it back to Sunkyu or else I'll put my knuckles in your teeth!" Said the tall woman who tried to free herself from the other man.

  "Yah! I said give it back!" The Sunkyu girl jumped to reach the bag from the man but she didn't succeed, the man laughed and throw it to other man, "Who gave you this bag, little fella? Your mother?" he teased. I walked between them like nothing happened, but in my surprise, someone pulled my arm. "Hey! Are you blind?" the man bellowed at me.

  "No." I thrifty answered, "Then why you walk passed us?" he asked me. "What? Is there a problem of walking passed to you?" I asked, the man gritted his teeth, "I asked you first, black girl!" he said that makes me glared at him. "What did you just called me, old bad breath man?" I said to him, he is really going on my nerves.

  He can't take it anymore then he was going to punch me but I halted it by my right hand and pushed him by kicking his what-hurts-the-most, I should bid a goodbye for his future babies there. I smirked, "You forgot about this, old man." then I put my knuckles on his face, in short, I punched him really hard that he could sleep on the ground.

  Old man's friend started to attack me but I kicked them where it really hurts, then I backflipped that guys and kick there guts.  After I finished knocking the guys, I picked up the bag and walked towards to the small girl, "Here." I gave the bag back to her. "Thank you so much! I wish I could repay your help." She thanked.

  "No, you shouldn't repay me. I am just willing to help people." I answered.

  The tall woman looked to me from head to toe, "You seems to be new here, have you already have a place to stay?" Said the tall girl. "Honestly, I am a traveler. I just passed here in Ellenford, to have a place to stay for one day then I'm off to travel again." I answered.

  "You shouldn't came here." The small woman said, "Why?"

  The two woman looked to each other then they look to me, "They never let out anyone when they stepped here in Ellenford." The tall girl answered. "Since you knocked down those guys, you'll be staying in our house. No renting fees, helping us is enough." Said the short woman with a smile.

  "I'm Yuri," held my hand for a hand shake, "Kwon Yuri." I added with a smile. They smiled, "My name is Lee Sunkyu, just call me Sunny." Then we shake hands. "I'm Sooyoung, Choi." The tall woman introduced with a smile. "Nice to meet you, Sunkyu and Sooyoung."

  I carried my bag full of my stuffs, "You should stay with us, we have one more vacant room." Sooyoung said. At first, I was hesitated but since they were persistent, I gave up and stayed there.

 

  "Since when did you start traveling?" Sunny asked me while placing her marshmallow on near the fire, "Since I was born." I answered. Sooyoung's eyes widen, "Really?" I just smiled and look again to the fire in front of us. "My parents are travelers, I have no specific place where I was born because we never stayed for a week to the place we stop and keep traveling." I explained.

  "Doesn't your parents feel exhausted of traveling in other place?" Sooyoung asked.

  I smiled again, "We didn't feel bored while traveling, it's kind of fun." I answered. "Wow, I want to go out of this empire and explore what's outside." Sunny pouted then Sooyoung look to her, "Come on, Sunkyu. We will be with Yuri if we have a chance to get out of this place." The taller woman said to her.

  "Oh, I have to get something." Sunny got up from the trunk and went inside the house. Then Sooyoung moved closer to me, "So, where are your parents now?" She asked, "My parents stayed in the cottage near the lake." I answered. "Then why are you traveling all by yourself?" She asked.

  I sighed, "Well, they know that I'm in the right age to travel by myself. And at first, I don't want to leave them but I understand quickly that I have to leave and go on, because they won't last for long." I explained. I noticed Sooyoung's eyes were full of sadness, "Is there a problem, Sooyoung?" I asked her.

  "Yeah," She muttered and sighed.

  "But, I don't want to talk about it." Then she looked away, "Are you two lived here all by yourselves?" I asked. Sooyoung nodded, "We've been like sisters for 11 years, Sunny found me unconscious inside the forest so she picked me up and went inside of her house. Then she almost felt like my another sister." she answered.

  "About you, Yuri. Do you have a sibling?" she asked. But I shook my head, "I'm the only child, we have no relatives, cousins and even grandparents. My mom told me they were gone before I was born." I looked at the fire in front of us, I can feel that the fire looked so lonely, even Sooyoung. "You know, we're just the same." she spoke and looked to me.

  "We have no relatives, we were a small but a happy family living in the vicinity of Ellenford." she said, "Unfortunately, something happened to that."

  "What happened?" I asked.

  "The monsters killed my family, they ruthlessly killed them. I can see them in my own eyes." she muttered. I looked down, "I'm sorry to here that, Sooyoung." I was going to pat her back but she pry it away, "It's okay, it's just a terrible past now." She said and smiled.

  "Hey, I got to show you something." She whispered with a naughty smile, "What?"

  She moved her left arm and move it near the fire, I was surprised when the fire just dodged her arm. "Wow, that is awesome." I was amazed, she giggled, "It's my little trick," she paused and pulled her arm from the fire, I can't see any burns in her skin, "I don't know if I am born special or whatever they call it. The fire can't burn me." She explained.

  "That means, you are blessed." I said.

  But she shook her head, "No, it is a curse." She mumbled then she looked down. "I am the only one in my family that is immune to fire, but I think it is a curse tied within me." Then she bend her knees forward, "You think it is a curse for you, but for me it was a gift." I said with a smile.

  She looked to me with disbelief, "Why you people always making positive?" She asked.

  I grin, "Because, some people doesn't want you in the dark side." I answered. She looked to me again and eventually smiled, "Thanks, Yuri." She thanked.

  "No problem." Then I hold her hand.

 

  I stayed inside Ellenford, and I just find out that I can't get out of here. Sunny and Sooyoung are right, something is really mysterious about this place. I have to find out, and what are the two hiding from me?

  I am now working inside the mansion with Sunny, Sooyoung and Yoona, whom I really like being around with. Every lunch, Yoona didn't join us and went somewhere. I don't know why she doesn't want to eat lunch with us. I better find out these things first, anonymously.

  "Hey, Yoona." I called her out and walked closer to her.

  "Hm?" She looked to me with a questioning expression, I smiled, "Let's have a lunch, together with Sooyoung and Sunny." I said. "I am sorry, Yuri, but I have something to do." She answered and was going to walk away but I quickly grabbed her arm, "Come on, Yoona. Just for once, please." I begged.

  "I'm sorry, it's really important. I have to go." Then she removed her arm from my grasp and walked away, I sighed. What is she really hiding from us, from me?

  

---

Okay, I updated 2 chapters! Yes! Hahaha! New achievement!

I'll stop here and continue it the next chapter.

So, stay tuned!!!