10: The Co-Founder

Living as a Vampire II

 

  Weeks passed after they last saw Sooyoung, she is still the same traitor who screwed them up two years ago. Summer resigned her work and stayed at the Headquarters for a while as Stephanie insisted, her normal life just became into a bit complicated. But they are still present on attending their rehearsal in SM Building.

  One day, Seohyun, Taeyeon and Tiffany came in the CEO's office to discuss something.

  "W-What?" Seohyun's eyes widen as she heard the CEO said, "Yes, Joohyun. You are going to have a sub-group with the three of you." The CEO said to her. "But, President Lee, we haven't debuted yet. Why are you saying this so suddenly?" Taeyeon asked him.

  The CEO chuckled and looked to the three girls in front of him, "I'm just saying these things to you girls, the three of you had a powerful voices in your group. That's why I decided to have a sub-group consisting the three of you."

  "What about Jessica? She has a powerful voice too." Tiffany suggested, "She didn't like to join a sub-group." He answered. Tiffany groaned and lean on the couch while pouted, "Uh, when are we going debut?" Seohyun asked the CEO. "I don't know when will you going to debut, but I'll call you when it's ready." He answered then he leaned on his swiveling chair and intwined his both fingers together, "You've been a trainee for two years and I was thinking if we can arrange some schedules of when will you dedut, I've seen some of you got the potential and skills of being a celebrity."

  "Like what, President Lee?" Taeyeon asked with a scowled look.

  The CEO smiled and took out the papers of their informations then read one of it, he rubbed his chin while reading. "You weren't an ordinary girls, am I right?" Then he glanced his looks on the three vampires, they were a bit shock but Seohyun was just in her same expression. Then Taeyeon chuckled, "W-What are you talking about, President Lee?" she asked him.

  He smiled and removed his glasses, "Don't hide it from me, girls." he said. "And Seohyun's dark red irises explains a lot." he glanced at Seohyun who is still in the calm expression, Taeyeon and Tiffany gasped and looked to her as well. 

  "You girls are vampires." he smirked.

  And finally, Seohyun looked to him in a blank stare with her dark red orbs. "Since you know what we are, what are you going to do?" she asked, the CEO didn't respond and still in his position but he didn't feel scared. "If you try to call a police, I won't doubt to kill you." Seohyun's inner attitude showed up by threatening him with a cold expression.

  "I'm not going to call a police like an ordinary person here, I can keep your secrets as long as it wasn't exposed." He answered. "Okay, uh, first things first... how did you know about us?" Tiffany asked the CEO, "Let's just say I'm the co-founder of the Black Blood Society."

  "What?!" Tiffany and Taeyeon just raised their voices as theyy heard what he said. "Y-You're kidding, right?" Tiffany asked him like he was just joking, he chuckled and shake his head.

  "So, it's true." Seohyun just commented, "That's why I just heard the surname of the co-founder of the BBS is Lee. So, it's you, Mr. Lee Soo Man."

  The CEO was a bit surprised, "You've already knew, Joohyun." he said. "I sensed no threats in you, Mr. Lee. You're just a human and can be trusted by the persons around you." Seohyun described him, "But for me, I don't think I can trust you."

  "Well then, about Sooyoung. Is she turned by one of you?" He asked.

  Seohyun glared at him, "Do you expect us to turn Summer into one of us?" Her voice became cold and harsh after what Lee Soo Man said. "I was expecting that, Joohyun. She is a human, you can change her and turn her into one of you." He answered, she scoffed and trying not show her sarcasm to the old man.

  "I'm sorry for being a disrespectful person, but you can never expect that we would turn Summer as one of us." Seohyun tried her best not to burst in anger and punch the old man, "We would never turn a friend into a monster like us."

  The other two can't said a word while Seohyun and the CEO are talking to each other, "I thought you are innocent, Joohyun. Now you became a very bad girl." He commented. "I'm not innocent to the people who expects to do what we will regret in the end. I am not going to turn our friend into a heartless monster."

  "Like you?"

  "We've been heartless creatures for a long time, but we never hurt humans. Including you, Mr. Lee Soo Man." Taeyeon finally said a word, and it was against him. "We are not killing machine that you can give us orders to turn or kill a human, that's not our objective." Tiffany added in.

  "Even though we worked in BBS, we won't do anything that will compromises the society and the headquarters. Our goal is to protect humans from the enemies." Seohyun stood up from the couch, "And not to kill and turn." Before the old man could said another word, Seohyun walked away followed by Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

  "I can't believe that old man will expect to turn Summer like that?" Tiffany blurted out while walking out of the building with Taeyeon and Seohyun.

  The short woman noticed Seohyun's hand was clenched tightly, "Seohyun, you shouldn't act like that in front of him." Taeyeon said to her. "Why?" The younger vampire said in a cold tone, "Should I be like another person who would react like oh we can turn her immediately as you asked for?" She quoted and rolls her eyes.

  "No, you shouldn't be harsh to him, you know he is the CEO of the company." Taeyeon corrected, "But is it good for him to asked to turn someone into one of us, Taeyeon?" Seohyun spat.

  "And I don't care if he is the founder of SM or the co-founder of the BBS, but ordering us to turn a person is enough for me to be cold to him." She added.

  "You know, Tae. Seohyun is right, why he wants to turn Summer?" Tiffany asked. Taeyeon shrugged off, "No clue." She answered. "If he opened about that topic again, I swear I'll kill him this time." The younger vampire muttered, making the two looked to her.

  Taeyeon and Tiffany hugged her, "Hey, you've been in a bad weather today." The short woman put her one arm around Seohyun's neck while Tiffany clinged her one arm to the younger vampire's arm. "Let's go have some ice cream to cool down your boiling point in your head." Tiffany said with a smile.

  "Yeah, ice cream could make you feel brighten up." Taeyeon added, "Come on, we scream for ice cream!" Tiffany giggled.

 

SUMMER

  I've been here in the Headquarters for weeks and counting and I'm bored. I can't get outside to smell a fresh air, I can't go shopping if I want to, I can't eat delicious foods outside, and I can't even go back to the apartment to get my things! Ugh! I'm really bored! I can only get outside if we have rehearsal in the building.

  Here I am, in the fluffy bed while staring at the ceiling, I can't imagine that my life would become complicated. Now, I'm thinking on how to go back to Japan, maybe grandma is worried sick because of me. I missed where I was born, I want to go back. I want to go home.

  I glanced at the picture frame then I saw the picture of me and Marina, my best friend. I reached my hand to get the frame and looked to it, I sighed, "If you can see what's my situation here in this world, it's really hard, Marina." Now I was talking to her. "If I died in that accident, then I'll be happy that we can be together again."

  Then I put the frame above the drawer and I got up from the bed, I suddenly felt a pain in my left eye again. I sat on the bed again while holding my left eye, "Aish! Why can't the pain go away?" I asked and still groaning in pain.

  "Because you don't know who you really are."

  I opened my right eye and I looked around, but she's not here. Then my left eye suddenly opened and saw her, smiling wickedly at me, "No, not again." I said. "You can only see me, Summer. Because of your left eye, you can see me but not them." She said.

   As I blinked my eyes, she's gone and the pain in my left eye is gone too. What was happening to me? I got up again and looked to the mirror, my left iris was glowing yellow then it turns black again. Should I wear an eyepatch? To avoid seeing her?

  I went out of the room and just in time when I got out I saw Wendy, "Hi, Summer eonnie!" She smiled brightly. I smiled back and walked to her, "Hey, you look pale, eonnie? Are you sick?" She asked. "I'm fine, Wendy. Thanks for the concern." I answered.

  "Summer eonnie, can we eat somewhere?" She said.

  "B-But, I can't get out." I reasoned, "We are not going outside, eonnie." She answered. "Then where?" She giggled, then grabbed my arm, "Come, this way." And pulled me to the other way.

  "Seriously? What is this?" I asked her as we stood in front of a huge door. "You'll know when we get inside." She smiled, then she unlocked the huge door and we get inside. All I saw inside was dark space, "Wha-- Seriously, girl. What's this?" I winced at her.

  "We'll eat later, eonnie. But first, you need to have to be prepared." Wendy said that made me confuse, "What?" I gave her a confusing look. "What are you talking about?"

  She smiled again, "Seohyun eonnie said I will teach you how to defend yourself." She answered.

  My eyes widen, "WHAT?"

  She suddenly run to me and was going to punch me, "Whoa!" I quickly dodged her fist but her foot hit on my stomach so I knelt in pain. "W-Wait... I'm not ready for this. Why she didn't tell me?" I asked, but she shrugged off, "Didn't she tell you?"

  "No."

  "Well, you have to learn how to defend yourself, eonnie. Seohyun eonnie has a point, you have to prepared in anytime because if you are not ready, they will get you again." 

  Oh, Seohyun. Why you have to do this?

  My life would be more complicated...

 

---