32: Time for Payback

Living as a Vampire II

STEPHANIE

  "WHAT?!"

  "Yeah, we've been attacked here in the HQ earlier." Tiffany just called me, "But, we're safe now." that's a relief. "Thank goodness, you're still alive." I answered and paced back and forth, then she laughed in the other line, "Don't worry, Steph. And you know what? Krystal saved me." and that is a surprise.

  "That kitten? How?"

  "I'll tell you about happened if you guys get your butts over here because Yuri said that you weren't finish looking for Summer!" She sounded so frustrated now, I think she knew what happened to Sooyoung right now. You know, Yuri teleported to the HQ with the dead Shikshin. "So you know what happened to Sooyoung?"

  "Uh huh, I saw Yuri in the Area 7 while carrying Sooyoung. She said she's unconscious and that's all what she uttered then walked passed me." she said.

  I didn't know that Black Pearl is emotional like this, she's really close to Sooyoung and Yoona. Now, it end up like this.

  "Steph, are you still there?"

  I startled, "Y-Yeah..." I looked down.

  "Tiffany..."

  "Hm? What?"

  "About Sooyoung, she..." I bit my lip trying to hold back the emotions I had, "Sooyoung is... she is dead." Then after that, she scoffed and laughed. "Are you trying to make me laugh, Steph?"

  I shook my head, "No, Tiffany... Sooyoung is already dead."

  "Based on what Sunny stated us earlier, Sooyoung hid Summer and they fought their lives against the vampires who ordered by Hyuna. Sooyoung fought for Summer's life, in the end... She is still on our side."

  "B-But, Yuri said she's just unconscious--" Tiffany answered. "She is in a state of denial, she couldn't accept that she is dead." I cut her off.

  "We didn't make it in time, I'm sorry, sis." Then I hang up.

 

SUMMER

  I woke up with an aching head, I rose upon the bed while massaging my head. I looked around and saw the two Hyoyeons: the vampire and the kid, playing chess. So, it wasn't a dream.

  "Ha! Checkmate!" The kid Hyoyeon smiled in victory.

  "Wow, I can't believe I lost from a kid like you!" Hyoyeon pouted like a kid, "See? I'm good at chess, blondy!" The girl stick out her tounge at her. "I think you cheated." Hyoyeon said to the kid.

  "No, I'm not."

  "Yes, you are! When I was a kid like you, I always cheated when my sister and I played chess."

  "Well, I'm not like you though." Then the kid pouted like her and sighed, "I thought vampires were cool, I was wrong." She suddenly cry, literally cry!

  "W-Why? Why are you crying?" Now she can't hold the crying kid version of her then she looked to me, I just gave her a bored look. "I hate you, eonnie! You copied my name and now you said that I cheated!" She cried more, "I... I'm sorry, Hyo. I didn't mean to make you cry."

  "Yes, you mean it! I hate you, eonnie!" Then she sobbed and run out of the room, that's when Stephanie and Taeyeon came. "Hey, what happened?" Taeyeon asked the little Hyoyeon. She sniffed and pointed her body double, "S-She... she said that I cheated." She said.

  Taeyeon glared at her sister, "Kim Hyoyeon."

  "I was just saying that she cheated but she quickly cried afterwards." Hyoyeon answered. "Hmph, like mother like daughter." Stephanie smirked, "You remember when you were a human, you're always crying."

  "You're not helping, Stephiee." Taeyeon said then she tilted her head to her sister, "Be the same kid like her next time." Then she turned her head to the kid and smiled. "Don't cry, okay? We'll play video games later, hm?"

  Kid Hyoyeon smiled and hugged Taeyeon, "Thank you, kiddy eonnie!" Did she called Taeyeon a kiddy eonnie? "Don't call my Taengoo like that or else I'll--"

  "Stephanie Hwang." Taeyeon gave her a life-threatening glare. "Don't talk to a kid like that, you're so possessive." She said.

  Hyoyeon laughed, "It was just a kid, Stephanie, she isn't a big threat for your relationship with my sister."

  "My name is Taeyeon, if you still don't know my name." Taeyeon introduce herself to the kid, "You can go inside of Hyoyeon's room now." Then the kid nodded and smiled. "Goodbye, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon eonnie!" Then she left without mentioning Stephanie's name.

  "S-She just ignore me like that?" Stephanie's voice sounds demanding, "No one ignore me like that." 

  "No one ignore... pshh." Hyoyeon repeated and chuckled, "Anyone ignores you when you said something weird." She said. "I'm not weird! If one of us in here is weird, it is you, blondy." Stephanie denied and accused Hyoyeon.

  They went silent as they saw me already woke up from the bed, only the cricket sound.

  "I'm already awake and yet you still didn't notice me." I broke the silence.

  Taeyeon walked over me, "Summer, what happened to you? Did someone attacked you?" She asked. "I'm fine, Taeyeon." I smiled, "Sooyoung told me to go back here, I thought she will kill me but... She only wanted to protect me, she did what is good for me."

  "Give us a minute." Taeyeon ordered the two then they went out and we're the only ones inside the room.

  "Now," she took something out of her coat and it's a diary, Sooyoung's diary, "Tell me what happened to you when you're with Sooyoung." She said. I took a deep breath, "I just woke up, Taeyeon. I'm not in the mood to tell you about it."

  "She's lying, right? We thought you're in danger but she just want to protect you." She said, "She told you everything, am I right? I know she would."

  I shook my head, "I figured out by myself, I sneak inside of her room to find out the reason why and it's all in her diary."

  "That's not what I'm talking about, Summer." She said, "What's the last thing Sooyoung told you?"

  "Please, Summer. We're family here, no secrets will be hidden." She begged and holds my hand, I can see sincerity in her eyes like she really want to know. "You really want to know?" Then she nodded, "Okay." Then I positioned my body properly before I said something.

  "Sooyoung didn't intend to destroy us," my eyes looked on my hand, "Something was controlling her to do this, but she really didn't want this to happen."

  "Who's controlling her?" Taeyeon's eyebrows twitched, "That's what I want to know." I crossed my arm. "When I checked the things inside Sooyoung's room, I one of the clues saw were papers, crumpled with notes inside of it." Then I moved my arms to reach my bag and took a piece of paper. I handed it over to Taeyeon, she started to readed it.

  "Damn," she cussed and bit her lip, "How can someone could control her?" then she looked to me.

  I shrugged, "We don't have any idea who's controlling her?" I said, "But, all I could suspect was Hyuna." I suspected. But Taeyeon shook her head, "No, Hyuna wasn't aware of it. If she knew someone's controlling of Sooyoung, then she will took advantage of her and not you."

  "Well, you're right." I agreed, "She's still alive, I guess. I stabbed her left eye as we escaped the mansion. Right now, I think she's very angry at me." I added.

  "We were too late, we have reached the open bunker but... we saw Sooyoung lying in the couch, already dead." Taeyeon gritted her teeth, "I failed."

  Then someone banged the door, "Taeyeon! Taeyeon! I've got something to tell you!" Is that Irene?

  "Come on, Joohyun! Don't disturb them, they're talking about something." Stephanie said, "But this is really important, I really want to talk to her."

  Taeyeon sighed and stood up from the chair and walked to the door to open it, then Irene entered with a pant, "Taeyeon... I've got a very... VERY serious problem!" then she rested her body against the wall and still panting. "W-What's the matter, Irene?" Taeyeon asked.

  "There's a... a virus. Sooyoung has a virus all over her!"

  That's when I got up from the bed and get my katana on the side, "A virus? W-What kind of virus?" I asked her and walked closer to her. She looked to me in a worried look, "You... Did she bit you?" she asked me.

  "Bit who?"

  "Did Sooyoung bit you?"

  Taeyeon tilted her head with confusion, I gulped and bit my lip. What should I answer? If I answer them that she bit me, maybe...

 


 

  Inside the private morgue, where Sooyoung's body lied above the metal table covered with white blanket. Two guards were guarding the private morgue only for her, "Hey man, you know about the vampire named Sooyoung?" One of the two guards asked.

  "Yeah, they said she was the mastermind of all the infiltration here." The second guard responds. "You know what it confused me? Why are we here, guarding the vampire who was the root of all this ?"

  "Because they said she was their sister, a former family member." The first guard answered. "But they weren't look like sisters at all!"

  "The awesome Hwang Twins are sisters, Jessica and Krystal are sisters and the 9th Division Commander Kim Taeyeon has a sister. So over all, they were sisters."

  "Because you had a crush on Commander Taeyeon." The second guard teased. 

  "Oh, about her crimation, when's going to happen?" Asked the first guard, "It's due tomorrow, and we're going to have our long vacation after this." the second guard answered and lit a cigarette.

  Then, a shadow crawled on a floor silently without getting caught by the two guards, it keeps crawling up to the metal table and it reaches to the cold skin of Sooyoung. "It's time for payback."

  The shadow conquered half of the dead woman's body, Sooyoung's cold lips slowly curved to make a psychedelic grin. Then the body got up from the metal table without a creek. Sooyoung's left eye was glossy black while her right eye was closed.

  "I'm thirsty." Her voice wasn't from Sooyoung, but an enemy who's already dead is controlling her body.

  Now, blood splattered inside the room.

 

---