34: The Root of All This

Living as a Vampire II

SUMMER

  What. Is. This?

  "I've repeated hundred times watching the CCTVs in her private morgue and I don't know why she rose from the metal table, she already killed two guards outside of the room." Naeun said, one of the in-charge of Watchmen Division. "Did you checked all the facilities from the Area 0 cameras?" Irene asked her, "Let me check."

  Naeun starts to move the mouse and click the CCTV from the Area 0 where Sooyoung possibly went. The Area 0 was on the ground floor where the dead bodies preserve, in short, it is Morgue Area.

  "Oh my..." Tiffany cupped as we watch one of the CCTV from one of the facility of Area 0.

  Sooyoung, the one that is already dead woke up and started to kill people. She already slaughtered dozens of soldiers inside of Area 0, we watch how she killed them ruthlessly and I almost throw up seeing her being like this. Like she isn't Sooyoung...

  Or she wasn't Sooyoung anymore.

  She can't kill people without a reason, someone must be controlling her body. "She's not Sooyoung." I muttered and they all paid their attention to me, "Someone's controlling her, that is." Taeyeon added.

  I tilted my head to the monitor and watched her, I saw her arms growing big into monster claws then we heard a roaring tone of her. "What the hell was wrong with her? Why did she became like that?" Wendy commented, "This is not right," Yoona straight her body and looked to me, "We have to stop her, whoever controls Sooyoung." she said.

  They all started to walk out of the Monitor Room, "Seohyun." I grabbed her arm to stop from walking, "What?"

  "Can I go with you?" I asked her, but she shook her head, "I'm sorry Summer, but you should stay here and keep an eye of Sooyoung, plus-- it's for your own safety." she answered. "But I want to..."

  "I'm sorry, but you have to stay here." then she walked out of the monitor room, leaving me alone with Naeun and Wendy. Why are they always protect me?

  Why they didn't let me help them? Is it because it's for my own safety that I have to be in here? Watching them fighting for their lives just to protect me. I clenched my fist as my emotions trying to build up inside of me. I had enough watching people risking their lives just to save me. I already saw a single person who tried to protect me until her last breath.

  I grabbed my sword and started to walk out of the Monitor Room, but Wendy stopped me from leaving. "Don't do this on your own, eonnie." She begged, "If you follow them, you're dead." 

  "It's useless if I'm watching them risking their own lives for me." I looked to her with a yellow glowing eyes, "I had enough of this things. I must help them."

  "If you get in that battle field, that monster will kill--"

  "She is not a monster, she is Sooyoung!" I suddenly let out blue flames inside of me, "She saved me... Now, I'm gonna save her."

  "B-But... Sooyoung is already three days dead, do you still think she's going to be alive again?" Wendy insisted, I gave her a smirk, "I'm positive. I'm a person who is not a quitter." That's the last words I gave to Wendy and walked out of the room.

  I won't let anyone of them die because of me again. I swear in the bottom of my heart that I'm going to help them and save what matters me the most, "Sooyoung..." I muttered and clenched my fist while running, "You're not a quitter." Finally, I have my courage to help them.

 

TAEYEON

  Sooyoung never did this to herself, Irene said someone infected her a monstrous virus that can make a creature into a huge monster and look what we see now...

  She roared as a limb just sprouted from her back, an abnormal limb with a silky texture of it. Then her red ferocious eyes twitched and now she is looking at me. Then she suddenly spits fire which makes me surprised, "Oh no, fire." I closed my eyes and cringed. "Taeyeon!" Thankfully, Yuri came and teleported me to back to the place where we hid ourselves from her.

  "What has gotten to you, Taeyeon? You know fire will kill you in a second!" Stephanie said with all of her frustrations, "Hey, she suddenly spits fire and I didn't have chance to dodge it." I defended. "Well, try to dodge it quickly when it happens again." She said, "Alright, knock it off. We're in the middle of the battlefield." Yoona weaned the two of us.

  "She's unstoppable." Sunny commented, "The virus that Irene told us is really affecting by someone's emotions inside, that virus targeted Sooyoung's emotions to control her, to show the inner beast."

  "We're all locked up here in the Area 0 to stop her, and the atmosphere is too hot." Hyoyeon said, "Seohyun easily gets tired when the temperature is too high." Then she glanced at Seohyun who's sitting next to Tiffany, she's sweating and panting. "Sis, she needs to get out of this place."

  "I'll take her to Seulgi." Yuri walked over to her, "No, I can still fight." Seohyun refuses. "You're not in the condition of fighting well, Seo." Tiffany said.

  "If I said I can, I can." She persist with threatful glare. "We have to stop her, I'm not going anywhere."

  We suddenly heard a loud thud coming outside the hatch, "Holy ..." then it flew open and saw the infected Sooyoung. "What the she has seven limbs?!" Stephanie commented. "The last I saw her she had three limbs and now..." I said. Her eyes were still glowing red and watering mouth, "The virus is stronger than I expected." Yoona muttered.

  She started to breathe very deep and ready to burn us, "Step back, now!" Seohyun quickly run over the front and creates a force field to block the wild fire. "Damn..." She eased the sizzling burns in her arms while trying to defend us using her force field, "Seohyun! Your arms!" I said and was going to stop her but she creates a force field in front of me.

  "I can... do this!" Seohyun roared and finally pushed the infected Sooyoung out of the place. Just in time when the emergency shower opened and it lessen the temperature of the area, Seohyun's arms instantly reconstruct itself and she collapsed after that. Yoona immediately went closer to her and carried her body, "Yuri! I have to take her to Seulgi! Now!"

  "I can't, this area prevents teleporting effect of the vampires." Yuri answered. "Dammit!" Yoona cussed and clenched her fist. I glanced at direction where Seohyun pushed Sooyoung with an explosive impact, I gasped, "What the...?"

  She can still manage to stand up after that very hard impact, then... I heard her laugh...

  "Silly Joohyun..." That voice.

  "I thought she's stronger than me before, but what happened now?" Another limb sticked out of her back, I clenched my fist as anger starts to boil inside of me. "BoA..." I gritted my teeth, "You crazy psychopath!" I charged at her without any idea inside my head.

  After all of these things happened, she's the very root of this. This is why Sooyoung was out of our league. This is why people risking their lives to protect their home. This is why we are in this situation right now. This is why we are in this bloody war. I hate this cruelty, horrific, and bloody situation!

  One limb out of 8 limbs quickly strangled me, "Ackk!" I groaned as it tightened the grip against my neck. "Sooyoung is a great use of infest half of my life into her, wasn't she?" She grinned. "You... used her?"

  "You ing monster! Get your ing tentacle off her!" Stephanie halted and leaped to attack her above but another limb strucked her against the wall. "S-Steph!" I yelled her name.

  BoA laughed and tilted back to me, "You are right, Kim Taeyeon. I have been using Sooyoung's body before and after. I've been forcing her to collaborate with my daughter, I ordered her to find her body double to get the blood pendant and her left eye and lastly, I was the one who controlled her bad side."

  "So... you are the one who's behind this chaos." I gritted my teeth.

  She smirked, "That's right, I was the one behind this. And I really like this situation!"

  Hyoyeon, Sunny, Tiffany and Yuri attacked her at once, but it was useless. "Ha! Is that all you've got?!" Four limbs grabbed them and sticked against the walls and ceilings, "W-What is this... feeling?" I muttered as I felt something drained out of my energy, I saw my hands were starting to get even paler. 

  "While I'm holding you es, I drained all your blood bit by bit until you die for the second time!" She laughed like an idiot. "N-No..."

 

  Slash

  

  Something sharp cut the limb attached in me then I fell down, I tried contrast my eye sight because its blurry until I saw who did it. "You used her to do what she don't want to do. You used her to hurt people. You used her to leave her family. Who are you to use her body like that after she died?"

  "Summer?"

  I can see her hands clenched in her black katana, "I'm gonna kill the one who did this to Sooyoung."

  Her irises started to glow into a bright gold, "Thanks for saying the truth behind this, I kinda very curious why Sooyoung did this. And now I know why she's doing this because you controlled her, Kwon BoA." 

  "Summer! What are you doing here? Seohyun told you to stay in the monitor room!" I scold her but she just ignored it, "I'm tired of watching you guys risking your lives, I'm tired of one of you died because of me, I'm tired of staying in my own situation like this and I'm tired of this !"

  "I had enough impatience to stay out of this, Taeyeon. I have to help you now."

  I shook my head, "You're not in the same strength to fight her!" I refused. "Courage is not based on how much strength you have, Taeyeon. It is a compassion for those who wants to help others." She said. That's when I became speechless.

  "Sooyoung saved me, now I have to save her and you guys."

  "That's enough of drama!" BoA snap it out and suddenly attacks Summer, my mouth drops as Summer leaped high to avoid her. Then another attack coming from above met Summer's eyes and quickly dodged it, no one can ever do that but Sooyoung...

  Wait...

  Did Sooyoung already passed her inherited power on her?

  So that means... Summer obtained Sooyoung's traits and skills.

  She swiftly move like hers, the moves, the style of a flaming phoenix. "Taeyeon! Set the others free!" She shouted as she kept luring BoA away from me. 

  "Right." I muttered and run over to Stephanie, the limb is still sticking in her body and draining her energy. I took out my swiss knife and cut the limb off of her, "Steph, wake up." I lightly patted her face then she opened her eyes, "Taengoo?" She called my name.

  "We have to get them off from that limbs attached in their bodies, Summer is trying to lure BoA away from us." I said and help her to stand up from the floor. Stephanie tilted her head and saw Summer, dodging every attacks of BoA. "Wow, that kid just learn how to dodge quickly." She complimented.

  "We have to get off those thing from them."

  We get that thing off from Tiffany, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Yuri. After we set them free, I felt cold atmosphere surrounded the area, I turn around and saw her. She finally woke up from her dead bed.

  "Need help?" She smiled in a cold way.

 

---

Sorry for a very long time, I've been VERY busy and I can't think of something because I had a camping, overnight camping and a cheerleading practice so I often type a chapter though. Thanks for waiting!

Stay tuned!