26: Good Traitor

Living as a Vampire II

SEOHYUN

  I am here at the top of the tree, waiting for the rain to stop and I'm hungry, it's been 3 days since I left the HQ. My stomach growls very loud and it hurts, I shouldn't starve myself, Dr. Park already told me that I should not skip drinking blood everyday or else I'll go find blood of a human again.

  I clenched my sword as I feel the pain in my stomach again, I forgot to bring blood bag with me. I looked around to see if there's an animal that I could drain a blood, I saw three animals in sight: the first one is the deer, the second one is the hare, and the last one is the bear that will eat the two animals.

  Then I choose the third one, I jumped down from the tree and quickly buried my fangs on the bear and drain its blood. The amount of blood is just like the same blood bag, but it's not enough. Yet, I'm satisfied. I wiped the blood from my mouth and stood up from the ground.

  I started to walk again to find Summer, I hate Dr. Park for not telling me this. Now, Summer's in danger and Sooyoung is planning to get what she wants. I better hurry before it's too late. I run through the rain and follow my instincts where I should lead.

  As far as I could, I saw two men with guns standing in front of a wooden gate. "Why are they here?" I muttered and walked in front of the two guards, "Ms. Seo, you finally came in the camping site." One of the guards greeted. "Camping site?"

  "Seohyun." One cold voice greeted and it made me goosebumps, "Taeyeon?" I'm sure she's mad because of what I did, she look calm in the outside but she's very dangerous inside. "Come with me." She said and she turn her heels, I gulped and followed her. How the BBS has a camping site inside the forest? We walked inside of one of the tents.

  As I went inside, I saw the others sitting in the ground and looking at me. "Here's the nuisance kid, why the did you came back here?" Stephanie greeted me in an annoying way, Yoona quickly hugged me which made me shock, "Oh god, Seohyun, I thought you lose yourself." she said in relief. "I'm sorry for not telling you this. I'm so sorry, Seohyun."

  "You shouldn't be so reckless, Seohyun." Taeyeon said, "We know what will happen if we keep Summer in the HQ, Dr. Park already told us about this before you left."

  "So you already know?" I glared at her.

  Tiffany nodded, "I'm sorry, Seohyun. We didn't tell you about this, because we know you will not going to let Summer taken away by her." she apologized, "Tell me about what? That Summer will going to ruin us in a blink of an eye?" I said. "No." Yuri answered, "We have to give Summer from Sooyoung." That make my anger starts to lit up again.

  "What? Give Summer from her?"

  "That's the only way, Seohyun. Sooyoung knew from the beginning that Summer will be very dangerous if we keep her in our hideout, so she will take care of her." Hyoyeon explained, "Take care?" I scoffed and laughed, "Why would Sooyoung take care of her? What if Sooyoung already killed her, huh?" I answered. But none of them answered and went silent.

  "Sooyoung would never kill her only existence living in this world." Sunny spoke out from the silence and looking at me.

  "Summer... is her human self, Seohyun. She is the descendant of their kind, she must inherit the power of fiery witch, or else... a devil would take it and destroy us." She's now crying in front of us. "Sunkyu, why are you telling this? Are you telling that Sooyoung is still with us?" Taeyeon asked the shorter woman.

  "Sooyoung and I..." she sniffed and looked to us with blood-red eyes.

  "...we're still have a contact with each other. I'm sorry, guys."

 

SUMMER

  "Yow, Summer!"

  I heard a familiar voice, I tilted my head and saw Marina, my best friend. "What?" I said while yawning, she smiled in a naughty way and put her arm around my shoulders, "Seems like your grandma wakes you up late again." she guessed. I groaned and was going to pried her arms but she's the overly-clingy best friend, "Oh, get away from me, you koala!"

  But she laughed, "Come on, you're in a mood swing again." she pouted. "I'm not, Grandma said she will be off this day because she will go to Sapporo to visit her friend there. I asked her if I can come with her but she said it's better for me to study than to come with her." I explained.

  "Well, you can come with me then. Mom and Dad will go to the theater play later night." she said, "Maybe, no. I will be staying at my house to take care of my dog." I refuse. She pouted and crossed her arms, "You're always paying attention to your Pockie." she muttered, I smiled. "Come on, Pockie is a husky, he's really cute and adorable. You should used to this, I love Pockie and you should love him."

  Marina checked her wrist watch and she was surprised, "We have to go ahead to the theater room, maybe Murasaki Sensei is already waiting for us." then she grabbed my arm and run. "W-Wait! Ouch!" My shoelace from my right shoe loosened and I stepped on it causing me to fell down, she stopped running and looked to me, "You okay?" she said in a worried look.

  "Do I look okay?" I spat and tied my shoelace again. "Nope, but I'll wait for you at the theater room... and at the afterlife." Then she smiled and run again, "Huh?" I said, "Wait, afterlife?" but she didn't stop running. Until I realize something and run after her, "Marina, wait!"

  I run as fast as I could to reach her, but I can't until she devoured in the light flashing in front of me, "Marina!" I shouted her name and keep running to see her. I didn't notice that I was on the cliff and someone pulled me away not to fall on the cliff...

 

  "Summer! Wake up!"

  I groaned and rubbed my eyes, "What again?" I asked, without a second she grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the bed. "What the hell was wrong with you now, Sooyoung? Let go of my arm!" I asked her furiously, "Pack your things, we're going to get out of this damn mansion." she answered.

  "What? Right now?" I said, "How sudden."

  She growled and looked to me, "Just pack your things and we're leaving." she said and helped me packing the things. "Why are we leaving? Don't tell me Seohyun and the others found us." I asked. "No time, we have to hurry." she said and zipped the bag. We got out of the room and went downstairs, as were on the door, I saw Hyuna grinning wickedly towards us.

  "Look what we've got here, a vampire Choi and a human Choi." She greeted with a grin, Sooyoung drew out her black metal katana blade. Her black katana is way more different than Seohyun's silver katana. "How could you..." Sooyoung gritted her teeth while pointing her katana to her, "I guess you heard the news." Hyuna said with a smirk.

  "Thanks to Leo, he told me that you're just playing around with me from the very beginning." Sooyoung answered with smirk, "Now that you know..." She snapped her finger and some vampires appeared around us, "Shall we start?"

  Sooyoung look to me, "Summer, stay with me." She command then I nodded, "Right." I answered. "I cannot let you two get out of here... alive." Hyuna's grudging voice made me goosebumps. "Hey, I'm already dead, Hyuna. But, I can't let you touch her or else I'll slit your throat." Sooyoung threatened her.

  One crazy vampire attacked her but in one swift, Sooyoung cut his head which makes me want to scream. Then all of the crazy vampires attacked us all at once, I closed my eyes and cringed on Sooyoung's back. Is this the end?

  "Flames."

  I smell a smoke coming inside, that's the time I opened my eyes and saw eleven bodies burned down on the ground, how could she do that? "Stop playing around, Hyuna." Sooyoung said to her, "Time for the real game."

  Hyuna smirked and took out a dagger, "I was waiting for you to say that, Sooyoung." Then she suddenly parried her dagger against the katana. Sooyoung pushed her by kicking her stomach and charged towards her then another clanging sounds echoed inside the place.

  "Just give me the girl and the pendant!" Hyuna said and punched her in the face, she was going to punch again but this time it halted by Sooyoung's right palm and elbowed her face. Hyuna was going to pick up the dagger but Sooyoung kicked the dagger in my direction then grabbed Hyuna's collar.

  Then she started to punch her face and pushed her against the wall, "Just... give me the girl!" Hyuna insisted again. Sooyoung kicked her stomach again, "She's mine, !" Sooyoung exclaimed in frustration and strangled her then smashed her against the hard wall, the wall made a big crack as Sooyoung smashed her head from it. I bet Sooyoung is stronger.

  Until I heard Sooyoung calling me, "Summer! Get the dagger on the ground!" She said as she kept fighting her. I looked down and saw the dagger on the ground, what is she going to do? Should I kill her? Or should I kill Hyuna? I picked the dagger and studied the details of it. I looked to the two fighting, Sooyoung punched her again and again.

  Then Sooyoung starts to grabbed her both arms, "What are you waiting for? Kill her!" She yelled. What should I do? If I kill Sooyoung, Hyuna will get me. If I kill Hyuna, Sooyoung will going to kill me. Argh! Too many questions! "Summer! Kill her now!"

  I gripped the dagger and attack Hyuna, I plunged the dagger to her left eye. She screamed in pain, "! It hurts!" She cried out, Sooyoung let her go and punched her one last time then Hyuna went unconscious while the dagger still stick on her left eye. Sooyoung took a deep breath and looked to me, "Let's go." Then she went outside like nothing happened.

  She looked calm right now, lately, she almost became a beast while fighting with Hyuna. It's better to be like that than to become a beast. "Uhh, thanks... Sooyoung." I thanked her, if she weren't there then I'm dead. She smirked and looked to me sarcastically, "Don't thanked me yet, Summer. I did that to escape from that ing devil."

  "Well, for me it's a thank you." I answered and smiled.

  "We will go to Daegu tomorrow morning." She said, "Sooyoung..." I called her name, "Hm?"

  "You're not a bad person, right?"

  She just scoffed and rolled her eyes, "What are you talking about, Summer?" She asked and crossed her arms while walking. Should I tell her? About her diary? The picture? The note? Well, nothing will happen if I tell her, right? I sighed and take out the picture of her with Yoona, "If your a bad person, you shouldn't have a picture of your old friends under your pillow while sleeping." I said making her eyes widen.

  "H-How did you get this?" She just can't believe it.

  "And I read your diary, Sooyoung." I said looking away from her, "What?" She said. "You're not a bad person, Sooyoung. So don't act like one."

  "But I'm already one of them." She answered. "Still, you're not a bad person." I said, "A person that was once good, can never be one of the bad person." I added with a smile...

 

--- 

Yes! I just finished!

Stay tuned!