29: Revelations

Living as a Vampire II

SOOYOUNG

  Why is she here? How did she know where we are? Why is she doing here? Too many questions echoing inside my head but one thing just came out of my mouth.

  "Where the hell did you came from, Soojin?"

  She look to me and smiles, "I have been living in Japan, Sooyoung. I found myself peace in there." She answered. I just stayed emotionless while we're sitting in the chair and between us is a coffee table, "Why didn't you just let me come with you?" I asked.

  "I'm sorry for leaving you that time." She answered. "I heard that you're with my granddaughter." She glanced at Summer who's sleeping in the couch, "I think you didn't know anything about her past." She said and crosses her leg. Her past? I've been a week with her but I still don't know her past.

  She smiled, her ageless face didn't rot after 600 years of living, "She has a rough past, Sooyoung." She started while looking at me. "Before she became a fiery witch, you must know her past. You must understand her situation first, before you begin to change her. If you failed, it may cause her to lose her identity or her sanity."

  "Who are you to tell me this, Soojin? Why are you helping me?" I said. "Mother and father inherited you the full power of being a fiery witch, Sooyoung. I've got the half of it. You will pass the inheritance to her, she's your existence." She answered.

  "Her mother died after giving birth to her, her father named her as Sooyoung. He named his daughter as Sooyoung because he is a good swimmer. She nicknamed herself as Summer because she was born in the middle of the summer season." She said. "Her mom was a japanese national, right?" I asked then she nodded.

  "She lived with her father near the seashore, when she was a kid, she likes going outside and play with the puddle of water in the shore without getting tanned. She's immune to the heat or flames. When I was with her, she reminds me of you, sis." She glanced again to Summer.

  "She's just really like you."

  Her bright face turned into a grieving one, "In her young age, she witnessed the death of her father." I was surprised as I heard it, "In her early age, she already unleashed her power. I saw her crying and sometimes, laughing. I saw her how she awakened her true power inside her in a very young age."

  That's when my eyes widen more, "She already unleashed her power that early? H-How?"

  "Anger and revenge. That is Summer's inner self." She looked to me, "Don't think she's all kind and happy. You don't know what is her inner motive when she received the inherited power." She said. "She burned down their house that night, fortunately, I was there and saved her."

  "After her father's funeral, she didn't talk to everyone except her best friend. When she became a teenager, another tragedy happened..." She looked down and closes her eyes, "Her best friend died in a car accident and she was the only one survived." She said. "Every night I was with her, she always muttered something like, she's going to kill the one who murdered his father and did to her best friend."

  "I didn't knew she has the same motive as yours, Sooyoung."

  I didn't replied to her and stayed silent, "Just don't let her destroy everyone close to you. I already told Sandara about this, she will be the one that will ruin everything. If you can't stop her and completely went into her madness, I'm sorry to tell you this but..."

 

  "... you have to kill her."

 

  I gasped and looked to her, "W... Why?" I asked her. But her expression stayed the same. "S-She's the last descendant, but why I have to kill her? There must another way to stop her." I said.

 But she shook her head, "No matter how I love my grand child, I just don't want her to be in madness. The only way to stop her is to kill her, Sooyoung." She explained, "I can't do that, Soojin. I can't let another person will be gone because of me." My eyes started to blur because of tears building up.

  "I don't want to kill my own existence. I want to protect her. If there's someone who tried to hurt her, I'm not gonna doubt to kill them." I said. She sighed, "If that is what you want to persist, then stand for it. Just promise me, you won't let herself get killed."

  "I promise, I'm not gonna lose her." I take an oath for that.

  I didn't knew Summer has a very awful past, I should've asked her about it. "She never uttered a word about her mom and dad to everyone until now, I was the only one who took care about her then."

  "When we're young, we lived with our mother and father, Sooyoung. But my grand child never experienced of having a mom, her life with his dad didn't last long. Now, we are her only family left." She said and holds my hand, "Be a good mother to her, Sooyoung. That's my only wish."

  I closed my eyes and nodded, "I'll take care of her, Soojin. I won't let her become like me." I answered. She smiled again, "If everything's okay now, call me." she showed me her calling card. "I'm glad that I met you again after centuries, Sooyoung. I thought you will still be angry to me after of what I did." She stood up from the chair.

  "I'm still mad at you, Soojin." I uttered and stood up, she looked to me in a normal way, "But in this situation, I don't think I'm still angry at you." I glanced at the sleeping Summer. "Thank you for telling me this very early, if you're not here then I don't know what I'm going to do with Summer." I slightly smiled, "You know, I was going to find you, but you found me. I missed you, Soojin."

  She walked closer to me and gave me a warm hug, "You're still my same younger sister."

 

~~

 

    "That ing witch!" Because of Hyuna's uncontrollable anger, she threw the things she saw inside the living room, her right eye's iris was glowing red and her fists are clenching harder. "I'll kill her... I WILL KILL BOTH OF THEM!" She roared and removed the bandage in her left eye.

  Her left eye left a scar where Summer stabbed her and thought she was dead, "I want a replacement in my eye!" she shouted.

  CL walked to her, "You should calm down, what's your plan now that Sooyoung already escaped?" she asked the devil. "I will get that body double's left eye!" She glanced at other vampires, "Find them! Don't come back until you didn't bring me their heads!" the vampires bowed then dissapeared.

  Then she glanced at Minzy, "You, used that ing cyborgs to infiltrate the Headquarters." she ordered, "But they're still in their hibernation."

  "I don't ing care! Release them and attack the Headquarters!"

  Minzy was scared of her so she deactivate the hibernation mode and released the two cyborgs, "Operation: Kill and Destroy." she said at the two cyborgs. Then they headed to attack the Headquarters. Hyuna smirked and covered her scared left eye with an eye patch, "Let the game begins." She laughed.

  On the coffee table, she picked the picture of BoA, she smiled devilishly. "I will avenge you, mother."

  "That gifted will pay of what she did to you. Let me finish what you had just started."

 

~~

 

  As Summer woke up from the couch, she yawned and stretched her arms then rubbed her arms. She saw Sooyoung sleeping on the desk, she walked over to the fridge and eat something for her breakfast. While eating, she sighed and looked to the sleeping vampire, "Is there a chance that you'll be back to them?" she asked and continued to eat her breakfast.

  After that, she grabbed the red blanket and put it to Sooyoung. Then she noticed her opened laptop, she moved the mouse and saw a map on the screen. "What is this?" she muttered curiously. She moved the mouse on the red blinking dot in the corner and it's moving fast, "Someone had a tracking device and it's moving."

  She clicked the red blinking dot and read who was it, "Sunny." She mentioned.

  "How does she know we're here?" She stopped clicking when Sooyoung's phone rang beside her, the taller woman picked up and answered, "Hello?"

  "Sooyoung, I know where you are now." Sunny's cold voice gives her chills on her spine, "Sunny, it's me. S-Summer." she said to the shorter woman. "So, it's you who answered. I was going to tell you something." she said then laughed. "What?"

  Sunny smiled on the opened door of the bunker, stained with blood and her red eyes were so desperate for hunger.

  "You are dead." She smiled, revealing her sharp fangs. "Sun-- AHH!" Summer screamed as she ducked to avoid getting killed by a bloody knife, "Sunny, what are you doing?" Summer asked her. "You're always the burden of our family!" The short woman said, "If you didn't came here in Korea, this would not be happening right now!"

  Sooyoung's eyes automatically opened and saw Sunny holding a knife in her hand, she was alerted and stopped Sunny. "Sunny, what's the matter with you?" The taller woman asked her, "I was going to end this problem, Sooyoung. Your body double is the root of all this, she's the one that will ruin us all." the shorter woman answered.

  "She's not, Sunny. So stop!" She said and trying to hand over the knife, "No! I thought she was you when we were having times without you, but her look is so deceiving in the eyes. So let me kill her and all of this will be alright!" She growled. "You're hungry, Sunkyu." The taller vampire said.

  Summer suddenly bump against the wall when something is strangling her, "Argh!" She groaned as the stones around her neck were slowly stiffens. "Stop this, Sunny." Sooyoung's eyes were starting to glow, "I won't. I want her dead!" She answered.

  "N-No..." The younger woman can't breathe properly and her eyes were teary, "S...Sunny."

  "I'll give you a choice." Sunny said, "What's more important to you? Your best friend or your body double? Choose one."

  Sooyoung glanced at the chocking Summer who's trying to let go from the stones stiffened on her neck, "Help... me!" Summer uttered for help and her face went blue.

  "I..."

  "I'm sorry, Sunny." 

  Sunny's face went raging in anger and tightened the stones sticking on Summer's neck, "So you choose her than me?" She said then she smirked, "Then she deserved to die!"

  Summer's left eye activated and she spread blue flames. As the stones loosened in her neck, she coughed and catching her breath. "Blue flames?" Sooyoung looked on the younger woman's arm, it has blue flames. Her left eye's pupil shaped like cat pupil.

  The shorter woman was going to attack Summer but Sooyoung used a spell to fall her asleep, then she walked closer to the younger woman. "You just used blue flames." She said. Summer looked to her arms and it has blue flames, "What is this?"

  Soojin's right, she already unleashed her power for a long time. Sooyoung thought.

 

---

Tada! I just finished the chapter!

Stay tuned!!!