6: Pictures and Paintings

Living as a Vampire II

SUMMER

  "Are you really okay, Summer?"

  I looked to Yoona who is really worried about me, "I'm fine, Yoona. I just have to take a rest." I answered with a smile. She picked up her bag and looked to me again, "Are you sure? Because it's fine if I stay here and keep an eye on you." Yoona grinned.

  I chuckled, "Seriously? You're like babysitting a 3-year-old child."

  She put her bag down and sat beside me, "Look, Summer. If you're not feeling good, just say that you are. Not denying it like you are pretty okay." She said. "Wait, why are you so concerned about me?" I asked, then she went silent.

  "Because we cared about each other."

  I saw Seohyun behind me, she is smiling and wearing a simple periwinkle blue sweater and a plain white pajama. "Aren't you guys going to rehearsal?" I asked them two.

  "Nope. Hyoyeon, Sunny and Yuri are in the market to buy foods, while Taeyeon, Tiffany, Stephanie and Jessica are in the SM building to practice their vocals." Seohyun said and sat in my left side. "So, how about you two?" I tilted my head to Yoona.

  "We don't have anything to do, it's Saturday." Seohyun answered, "Yeah, so we usually stay here." Yoona added in.

  Something snapped out of my mind, I looked to Seohyun and Yoona with a smile. "Hey, how about we can watch movies. A movie marathon!" I said, the two looked to each other and smiled, "Yeah, since we don't have anything to do, we have to shop for foods and buy available movies." Yoona agreed.

  Seohyun nodded, "I agree, let's go!"

 

  We went to the grocery to buy some foods for the movie marathon, Seohyun said we can buy foods as many as long it fulls our stomach. I bought ten potato chips, nine packs of chocolate chips and three 1 liter coke bottles, while Yoona and Seohyun bought three fish crackers, seven ready-to-eat popcorns and two boxes of chocolate chips.

  Then the next is we bought nine movie DVDs to watch in a whole day.

  While walking home, I noticed something in Seohyun's eyes, her irises has a hint of dark red color. "Uh, Seohyun-ah." I called her, she blinked and looked to me, "Hm?"

  "I noticed something, why your eyes are dark red?" I asked her, then I saw Yoona's eyes widen and looked to her. "Well, I was born with it." she answered with a smile, "I was born special, Summer." she added. "Why?"

  She chuckled, "I don't know, maybe God has a plan why I am special. I was jealous about the people's normal color of their irises like blue, green, brown, hazel and gray." she looked away but she's still smiling. "People didn't noticed what is the color of my eyes, they taught it was just black but if they looked closer it was dark red. Yoona, Taeyeon and the others knew already about it, even you."

  "I never thought that I would met a special person like you." I said with a smile, "You can say my irises are bit scary." she answered.

  But I shook my head, "No, they are not scary. They're... different and kind of... attractive." I honestly answered. She chuckled, "You're lying, right?"

  "I'm not, I'm telling the truth."

  "People always looked in the outer appearance, and they think it was scary. But some people looked in the inner appearance and they think it was not." I added, "I honestly tell you that you are not a monster, you're just different, Seohyun. That's why God made you special."

  She looked a bit stunned and her face redden, "Thank you, Summer." then she chuckled. "I didn't know that you're good at giving advise."

  "Well, that's my traits of being a Choi. Unstoppable mouth and a good adviser." I said. "Plus, a big stomach." Seohyun added in and we laughed.

  "About your family, Summer. How are they?" Yoona asked me, that made me silent. I never tell them about my family, I swear to myself that I would never talk about it. 

  "Are you okay, Summer? You went silent." Seohyun asked me, I nodded and smiled fake. "I'm okay, let's not talk about it."

  The two nodded, "Oh, okay then."

 

  I can't help but to burst in tears, as the movie ends. "Aww, don't cry Summer. Maybe there has a part two in the movie." Yoona patted my back.

  "Why the father didn't answer no?" I said in cracking tone and wiping my tears, "He's been force to say yes, Summer." Seohyun answered. "Whoo, what a sad ending." I commented and took another DVD, "Next movie!" I said and played the movie. "What movie are we watching?" Yoona asked me.

  "Big Hero 6." I answered.

  They just nodded and opened another potato chip, I stood from the couch, "I'll go to the restroom for a while." I said and they nodded. 

  I walked inside the restroom and washed my face, I'm totally sick, literally sick. I dried my face using the towel and as I looked on the mirror, I was astonished...

  I saw another Summer behind me, she's wearing a black dress and grinning at me. My heart beats faster. I turn around and saw nothing, I look back on the mirror and she was gone. I calm myself and closed my eyes, "I'm just tired and sick." I muttered.

  As I went out of the restroom, I was going to go back to the living room where Yoona and Seohyun are watching the next movie, I heard a creek of a door in the corner. I was curious about the door, I walked closer on that door and opened slowly. I peeked out and I was stunned...

  Too many paintings and there are belongings of someone are stocked inside, I went inside and looked around. I looked on the flipped picture frames, I picked one picture and my eyes widen. Why am I here? In the picture?

  Then I took one picture again and I saw myself again, "Why?" I uttered and looked to it very carefully. Then I looked to the paintings, some of them are stocked a long time ago. I get the old painting and saw my myself in the canvas, wearing a white dress and her eyes are glowing red.

  "What is this?" I was starting to get tensed of what is happening, I dropped the canvas on the floor and the white blanket removed from the big frame displayed in front of me.

  I looked up and I was froze in my position...

    I saw them, wearing white dress and someone painted them for a very long time ago. And they never aged, I saw the old pictures beside me and they were wearing korean hanbok. I flipped the picture and it was taken 1921. Then I took one picture and I saw Taeyeon, wearing a dress and painting something. This was taken August 20, 1897.

  What the hell is going on? Why every old pictures and paintings they never get old? What are they? Who are they? Too many questions in my mind, I can't even answer one of it.

  Then my head suddenly ached, causing the picture to drop on the floor. I touched my forehead as the memories flooded in my head, that night, I saw myself.

  "Are you scared, Sooyoung?"

  "Oh, didn't they tell you about me?"

  The woman who looked like me is...

  "You."

  I gasped as I heard the door closed and saw my other self, grinning at me, "They didn't tell you, right?" She said. "W-Who are you?" I asked, "I asked you first, Sooyoung."

  "How did you know my name? How did you know my real name?" 

  She smirked, "So they didn't tell you." She said. "You are Sooyoung. I am Sooyoung. What the hell is going on?" I was very confused and my body were shaking. The other Sooyoung laughed, "I am you. That's why we are Choi Sooyoung."

  "You're confusing me! Who are you?!" I can't help it but shout at her, "You are my left eye, Summer." Her eyes colored into gold-red, "I want your left eye... and the pendant you're wearing." She moved her hand and was going to take my left eye. Until, she stepped back as I screamed.

  "Summer!"

  I opened my eyes, there is no other Sooyoung but the opened and saw Seohyun and Yoona, "Summer?" I felt something sticky in my left cheek. I shoved my hands on it and I saw blood. Am I crying blood?

  "Your left eye, Summer." Seohyun walked closer to me. I looked to her, "What are you?" Then she didn't answer.

  "Why didn't you tell me about her?"

  "W-What are you talking about, Summer?" Yoona answered, Seohyun looked to her. "I guess we can't hide it to her." She said to Yoona, before I could respond, my sight blackened and passed out...

 

---

Oh no! Summer seems to know the secret! O_o

Stay tuned guys!