L.Joe Ending - Final

From Naughty to Nice

 

Waking up to a bright, warm day, you stretched your body and smiled a wonky smile. Ruffling your hair, you reached for your phone and checked the time. "Hm… 8.45am… Would oppa be awake then? I'll just call and see."

Dialling L.Joe's number, you waited for the line to be connected.

"I'm sorry. But the number you have dialled is not a valid number. Please check the phone number and dial again."

"Huh!?" You looked at your phone in confusion and checked L.Joe's number, something you remembered off by heart. "It is oppa's number though… Maybe it's a connection problem. I'll try again."

The dial tone went once and the same robotic female voice spoke to you again.

"I'm sorry. But the number you have dialled is not a valid number. Please check the phone number and dial again."

"Aish!" You threw your phone onto the bed and covered yourself in your blanket. "Why did he change his number without telling me! Maybe it's a surprise for something… I don't know…"

L.Joe was standing outside your house alongside Chunji. "Byunghun-ah…" Chunji knew how much you meant to L.Joe, so he put a hand on his shoulder for moral support. He took one last glance at you and turned away.

"Come on, Chanhee. We can't be late to returning to God…" Chunji looked at L.Joe with sad eyes. "Are you sure you don't want to go and say goodbye?"

Although L.Joe was tempted, he shook his head. "No… Because if I do… I know I won't be able to leave again. And seeing her cry… Would just weaken my defence even more. Come on bro, let's go."

Chunji looked at him in understanding and nodded. "Okay then…"

And as if on cue, the two angels spread their wings and shot up into the clear sky. But just once more, L.Joe turned around, just to catch you walking out to the balcony.

"Remember, I love you…"

And as if the heavens were helping the couple, the wind seemed to have carried L.Joe's last declaration of love from the skies, to your ear.

"Remember, I love you…" You gasped and rubbed your arms to warm yourself against that sudden gust of wind. You looked behind you and all around.

"I was so sure it was L.Joe's voice just then… Can angels turn themselves invisible too?"

Without an answer to your question, you just looked towards the sky with a blank mind. *Maybe he'll come for me tonight… Maybe… he'll take me out on a date tonight…*

With an unsure heart, you just stayed home and had your mobile by your side the whole time, scared that you would miss a call from L.Joe. But of course, no calls came. *Maybe… Maybe he's just busy. Or he dropped his phone in the water or something and he can't get a new one till tomorrow. That's it… he's phone's dead…*

Sitting on your bed, you rocked yourself back and forth, with muffled sounds of dialogue from some drama that was on TV.

The first thing L.Joe did when he arrived back at heaven, was to look down at you. "Where is she, where is she!? Why are all these clouds blocking the way!" L.Joe growled, pushing away all the clouds in his sight.

Chunji watched his agitated friend and knew he wasn't in his right mind to think of a proper solution, so he did him a favour. Having aced his magic exams easily, Chunji waved his hand over a fluff of cloud and the cloud immediately shrouded away, revealing the top of your house. "Byunghun-ah, it's here."

L.Joe's eyes darted towards Chunji, then to the hole right beside Chunji's feet. "Thank you so much, man!" L.Joe said, grabbing Chunji by the arms and looking him firmly in the eye, as if to assure him of his gratefulness.

L.Joe knelt down next to the hole and stared down your house. *I'm so sorry baby… I hope you're okay… I'll wait here till the day you join me. I'm sorry for being selfish and not being able to continue our love…*

Chunji walked off, leaving L.Joe behind. *I'll report to our Lord on his behalf…* When Chunji found God, his smile was as warm as the sun itself.

"My child. I trust that you have been well," He said. Chunji bowed and kept his eyes down. "Indeed, my Lord. I'm also here on behalf of Byunghun. Who's currently slightly… preoccupied."

God chuckled at Chunji's cover up for L.Joe. "Chanhee-ah. I would know what Byunghun was doing even if you didn't tell me, so you don't need to cover up for me."

Chunji finally lifted his head and sheepishly smiled. "I guess my lying skills aren't that great…" "As bad as always," Lord smiled.  "Although Byunghun is slightly preoccupied, I need him to come and see me personally, as I have a piece of information that may be of interest to him. May you relay the message to him?" Chunji bowed again and walked away.

Within a few minutes walk, and saying hi to a few angels he knew, Chunji found L.Joe at the same place. "L.Joe. God has something important he wants to tell you, so he wants you to go see him now."

But there were too many things going on in L.Joe's mind for him to have heard what Chunji said. *Is she doing okay? What if she's crying herself to sleep? What if she's going out to find a new boyfriend already!? What if she's cheating on me!?*

"L.Joe? L.Joe!" Chunji voice brought him back to reality and he shook his head. "Er, yeah?" Chunji rolled his eyes and sighed. "You didn't hear a single thing I said to you just then, right?"  "Nope," L.Joe smiled back.

Chunji just sighed and relayed God's message to L.Joe again. "Something important? What is it?" L.Joe asked, raising his brow. "If I knew, I'd tell you," Chunji replied, with a  look on his face as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Oh… Right. Okay, I'll go see him now. Um… Can you keep an eye on ~~~~ for me? Please?"

Chunji sighed and gave in. "Fine…" "Thank you so much man!" L.Joe gave him a hug and then ran off to find God.

"My Lord," L.Joe greeted. "Ah, Byunghun. You're here. I learned that you were preoccupied before you came to see me," God said. L.Joe's body stiffened and gave an awkward laugh in return. "Haha, it's okay, Byunghun. I believe that Chunji has relayed my message well and that you know what you're here for?" The Almighty said.

L.Joe vaguely nodded, "Chunji only said that there was something that would interest me…" "Indeed, it will. Come here my child, and I'll whisper it to your ear."

L.Joe complied, and when God finished what he had to say, L.Joe gasped and his eyes doubled in size. "Really?" L.Joe pulled back and asked the Almighty in disbelief. "Of course, my child. Would I ever lie?"

Smiling ever so widely, L.Joe bowed deeply and lifted his head back up again. "Thank you so much! I'll be sure to do my best!"

Zooming past Chunji on the clouds, L.Joe ran past all his old friends without even a 'Hello'. And as soon as L.Joe found a desk to sit at, he clicked his fingers and out of thin air, his books for magic class and other Angel knowledge fell onto his desk into a need pile. "Okay, aja aja fighting!" L.Joe gave himself a little self-encouragement before holding a quill in his hand and taking down notes.

Chunji flew to catch up with L.Joe, and when he saw L.Joe to be what seemed to be studying, he was shocked. *What the f… The Lee Byunghun is… studying?!* With the curiosity killing him, Chunji flew straight to L.Joe's desk and slowly put his feet back on the steady clouds again. "Byunghun-ah… What… are you doing?"

Without even looking up and stop his note-taking, L.Joe answered, "Studying, just like how you see it. By the way, what's this for? I don't get how this spell is meant to help with healing tired wings. Can you help me?" L.Joe held his book up towards Chunji and pointed to the part where he had problems. Chunji was slightly taken back by L.Joe's studious side but clicked his fingers so a chair would appear for him to sit on. "Well… This is why," and thus, started the tutoring sessions Chunji gave to L.Joe.

 

Days went past. Soon, it turned into weeks, and then, months. As dark as the midnight sky was, that was how dark your heart was. Having heard absolutely nothing from L.Joe, your hopes of ever seeing him again diminished further, till it was microscopic. You hugged your pillow and sighed into it. For months, you have had restless nights, and often, sleepless too.

Rolling to your left, you looked at your clock, which read 12:05am. As if your life depended on sighing, you let out another one before closing your strained eyes and falling into a deep slumber.

"~~~~… ~~~~… ~~~~, can you hear me?" Even though it was only above a whisper, you could recognise this voice anywhere. "L.Joe…" The name that had been causing restless nights slipped your lips.

"So you can hear me… Good… Now… ~~~~-ah, concentrate," L.Joe's voice sounded again.

"Oppa! Where are you?!" You shouted. You waved your hands to get the smoke and fog away. "Hush my baby… This is your dream. Baby, listen to what I say. Concentrate. Concentrate hard on what I look like. Do you see me…?"

You were scared, frightened, but you had to listen to L.Joe. It's been so long since you've heard his voice, and even if it is just a dream, it's better than nothing. Closing your eyes slowly, L.Joe's appearance created ripples in your memories, and his image became stronger and clearer.

"Oppa…" You called unconsciously. "Open up your eyes. I've missed you so much…"

Your eyes slowly adjusted as they open, but you realised a pair of arms were around your waist. You gasped and met face to face with someone's broad chest. You stared at his, as your arms subconsciously pressed against it, feeling the familiar curves and warmth of the body. "Oppa…" You didn't even have to look up to know it was L.Joe. He smiled and pulled you into an even deeper hug.

"You know, I've been studying as hard as hell to get myself into your dreams. You've been so restless lately, it's hard for a noob like me to get in here," L.Joe lightly joked. Tears of joy were spilling out of your eyes, as you buried your face into his chest even more.

After what seemed like a hug that lasted centuries, you finally separated from L.Joe. "Oppa… If only this was real and not a dream… If only this wasn't my subconsciousness…" You gave yourself a smirk of pity and ran a single hand through your hair. "I must be going crazy…"

"No, baby. I'm real. Really, I am!" L.Joe pouted and swung your arms like a child. You finally let out a laugh that sounded like wind chimes on a breezy spring day. L.Joe's eyes immediately softened. *It's been so long since I've heard your laugh…*

"Yeah, right. When I wake up, I probably won't even remember this," you laughed. "Well… I'm sure you'll remember this." And just as sudden as L.Joe intrusion into your dreams, his lips found its way to yours in no time. Your eyes widened, more over how realistic the kiss felt rather than L.Joe kissed you so suddenly.

You touched your lips and looked up at L.Joe. "Okay… Let's just say that you're real. How did you come into my dreams…?"

L.Joe bore a smile similar to one of a child winning first prize. "God said that if I were to get an average 85% on the quarterly tests we have, I would be able to see you through your dreams. Isn't it awesome?! It's like, the first I've gotten so high for my tests AND I get to see you. Two birds with one stone!"

You just chuckled at L.Joe. *He seems to be more childish than ever. But… I like it.*

"Hmm… So that means you can only see me once every three months? I'll probably get a new boyfriend every three months," you teased, crossing your arms and turning the other way. You left L.Joe crestfallen and shocked. "No! You won't! I know you won't…"

You turned back around and put your arms behind you, smiling widely. "Of course I won't! You're my one and only…"

Imagining all sorts of places, your imagination took you to all sort of places, having all sorts of dates. L.Joe looked at his watch and frowned, "I'm sorry babe, but I've got to go. It's time for you to wake up." Before ending this dream, L.Joe gave you a necklace with a pair of angel wings on it. "Just to reassure you that this was real."

And just like you, your eyes flung open and you sat right up. You looked at your surroundings and realised you were back in your room again. Back in reality. You sighed, disappointed that it was all a dream, when you felt something cold on your neck. You looked down to find the same necklace that L.Joe gave you, hanging on your neck. You held it and stared at it with disbelief. "So it was real…"

 

70 odd years later…

Ever since then, L.Joe would visit you in your dreams, every three months. Although you aged on earth, in your dreams, you were always 17.

Holding hands, the two of you took a stroll in the parks of Paris. "You know, it's so nice being in a dream. You get to go wherever you want, without having to worry have luggage and plane tickets or whatever," you chuckled.

"Mhm," L.Joe agreed. "You're taking me to all parts of the world where I haven't been to before, so it's an awesome thing for me too."

The two of you ate bread, got your portraits painted by street artists and even went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. "I wish this dream could last forever…" You sighed, as you breathed in the fresh Parisian air from the top of the tower, where fluffy clouds floated by.

"What if I said… it can?" L.Joe asked. But you took it light-heartedly and laughed it off, "If only it could."

"If you let yourself come with me, you'll be able to stay with me in Heaven, in the loving arms of God, forever." L.Joe's eyes turned sincere and serious. You looked into them and found yourself trusting L.Joe more than you ever have before. "I would jump off this tower for you. Of course I let you…" Dreamily, you went on your toes and kissed L.Joe.

"Are you sure? That means you're going to be leaving earth behind," L.Joe said. He wanted to make sure that everything was okay before taking you away forever. "Of course. There's nowhere else I'd be except where you are."

L.Joe warmly smiled and took your hand. "Ready?" You nodded and off you went, shooting into the sky. Breaking through the sky of the dream, the pair of you shot through the sky and left the earth, into the arms of God, where you had all of eternity to be with L.Joe and where L.Joe had all of eternity to love you back.

-------------------------

OH MY GOSH! WHAT A LONG CHAPTER! I'm so glad you could stick to the end of it, and be able to read this A/N xD

AND THAT'S RIGHT, NO MORE CLIFFHANGERS FROM ME! xD I'm sorry for making you all suffer from it, haha.

I was going to split this 'Final' into two parts… But I couldn't be bothered xD

Thank you so much for supporting 'From Naughty to Nice'. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I've enjoyed writing it ^^ I'm so glad this had the chance of being featured, and it was all thanks to you guys.

For those of you who read the Chunji ending and wanted to know who You/~~~~ married to, well… I didn't want to fill in a name because I wanted to leave an open end, free for your imaginations.

 

I hope you guys can all continue to support my other works as well :)

I also hope that you guys can go and check out this story, My Antique Doll Shop as well ^^  It's a Teen Top fic as well, featuring Chunji and L.Joe again, and I will be co-authoring it ^^

 

Once again, thank you so much for reading this story, as well as these random rants I have here. I hope to see you all again in my other fics!!

Till next time, take care~~ <3 *waves*