The Wings of an Angel

From Naughty to Nice

 

The bell rang for the end of class and the beginning of lunch.

"Yes!" L.Joe was the first to get up from his chair and cheer, shooting his arm in the air. Your homeroom teacher raised an eyebrow at him and cleared his throat. "Class dismissed." Taking his books with him, he led his students to cheer for break time and all filed out the classroom happily.

"Um, L.Joe. Can I have a word with you?" You motioned him to follow you to the rooftop.

L.Joe looked towards Chunji, his expression asking whether or not he knew anything about this but Chunji shrugged back an 'I Don't Know' response.

L.Joe tilted his head and pouted his lower lip in puzzlement. *Why would she wanna talk to me alone…?* L.Joe nodded upwards, noting for Chunji to secretly follow, just in case something happens. Chunji also nodded in response and followed L.Joe stealthily.

*Hehe, maybe she's going to confess to me.* L.Joe snickered and followed you to the roof.

You stood on the rooftop with your back facing the door, and looked up towards the outstretched sky. *L.Joe… Who... or what are you?* You signed and looked at the profile in your hand. You still couldn't completely persuade yourself that the boy in the picture wasn't Byunghun, but something in the back of your mind told you it was.

"Yo, what up." L.Joe stood behind you, with hands in his pockets. You slowly turned towards him and held out L.Joe's profile.

L.Joe squinted his eyes at it and took a step closer. "What's-" But L.Joe's sentence was cut short. His eyes widened but tensed them again, his breaths becoming rigid.

You sighed and looked away after seeing his expression. "What, so this is you?" L.Joe's eyes stayed tense but looked away.

Chunji, who had made himself invisible to the human eye, walked closer to see what had made L.Joe's expression freeze. Chunji looked at L.Joe helplessly. *The only thing I can do now is to ask Him for help.*

With a huff of frustration, Chunji bulleted through the sky and through the clouds, all the way to Heaven.

"My Lord, ~~~~ has-" "It's okay, she can know."  Chunji skidded to a stop and a shocked expression surfaced on his face.

God looked at him and smiled. "It's okay. She'll keep the secret." Chunji furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "But, My Lord… Can we really trust her?"

God lightly nodded. "Yes, we can. I've been observing her for a long time. She can be entrusted with something like this. It's okay, Chanhee-ah. Go tell Byunghun that it's okay to let ~~~~ know."

Chunji was still fazed at God's utter trust in you but complied and bowed deeply, before dropping back to Earth.

God remembered the conversation he had with you earlier in the day, in your car. *She's a good child.*

"Okay, fine. I'll tell you. I'm an angel." L.Joe tilted his head and looked at you, with a somewhat dangerous glint in his eyes.

You scoffed and crossed your arms, smirking. "If you were anything babe, I'd have you as Satan." L.Joe cringed at the word 'Satan'.

"Come on, angel boy. Show me your wings then," you taunted, your stance daring him to show you something new.

L.Joe simply gave you a chic look and sneered. "Is that it?" With in a blink of an eye, two beautiful, majestic white wings ripped through his uniform and spread out behind L.Joe's back.

Chunji stayed flapping in the sky, watching the scene develop. "Rash as ever, L.Joe." He shook his head and sighed.

You gasped at the sight and fell on your bottom. "Ooft!" Your eyes bulged and doubled in size, staring at the wings that suddenly sprung from L.Joe's back. You rubbed your eyes and shook your head.

"Now, do you believe me?" L.Joe taunting walked towards you, with a face the spelt victory, his wings bouncing lightly with his steps.

Your breath was caught in your throat as you watched L.Joe come closer and closer. He reached his hand out and smiled at you. After getting no response, he tilted his head and moved his hand a little.

"Come on. I am an angel after all. I've got the wings and everything. Of course, once in a while, I show my nice side too." L.Joe flashed you an eye-blinding smile and watched you take his hand. "That's my girl."

-----------------------

I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long >< I kinda had a writer's block (I kinda still do XD)

But I reckon this chapter turned out pretty alright, don't you think? :D

& yes, xxXXkissesXXxx. Cliffhangers are my life :L