Chunji Ending - Part 4

From Naughty to Nice

 

Just like the midsummer days, the time limit of two months went by too quickly. It was already time for Chunji and L.Joe to leave.

With heavy steps and heavy hearts, Chunji and L.Joe walked into the school. "Look. You got to spend every day of the past month with ~~~~ as his boyfriend. You should count yourself lucky." Slinging his arm around Chunji, L.Joe tried to lighten the mood and comfort his now best friend. He knew that the feelings Chunji had for you were genuine and that it was going to be hard for him to let go.

But Chunji couldn't help buy sigh. "I know… But… I just wished that I could stay on Earth a little longer. It'd be too selfish of me to wish for her to go back to Him with me, because that would mean having her to sacrifice everything she has here, for me. That's not fair…" Chunji let out a heavy sigh again, that seemed to cling onto the air, making it even heavier around the poor angels.

 

"Oppa!" Your face immediately lit up at the sight of seeing Chunji. "Yes, and hello to you too, ~~~~," L.Joe said, glaring playfully at you for not saying 'Hi' to him at all.

"Right, yeah. Hi L.Joe," you emotionlessly said. "Yah!" "I'm joking!! Hi L.Joe~ How was your morning?" You faked as much aegyo as you could, and shuddered. "Good, much better." Finally content with himself, he excused himself and let you too have some alone couple time. After all, being the third wheel isn't exactly L.Joe's style, but it was fun once in a while, just to piss one of them off.

"Come on, oppa. Let's have a little walk around before class starts. I have a maths test today," you pouted, swinging Chunji's arm back and forth.

But Chunji could only give you a meek twitch of his lips in return, because other things were weighing on his mind. One too many.

Chunji mentally prepared himself and took a deep breath in. "~~~~-ah…" His words came out shaky, not like the usual happy and confident Lee Chunji you knew.

"O-oppa… Is something wrong?" Your eyebrows met in the centre as you looked at Chunji in concern. You noticed that something was not quite right with him this morning but you didn't want to pry. "I have something to tell you… after school."

Just when you were about to question further about what exactly it was, the bell rang. "Well, I guess I'll see you after school then." Waving, Chunji managed one last smile before running off to class.

 

The school day came by and went. It's not like Chunji had to pay attention or anything, since tomorrow would be his last day on Earth anyway.

"Look man. I'll be right there for you. Not as in right next to you when you say it, but right there for you when you get home. Alright, man?" L.Joe comforting patted Chunji on the shoulder and left him to do the rest. Chunji was resisting the tears that were fighting its way to meet with gravity.

"Oppa!" Your sweet voice broke him out of his daze as you ran towards him, giving him a bone-crushing hug. "I've missed you so much! I hate Mondays… I don't have one class with you." You pouted and linked arms with Chunji. "So what was the important thing you wanted to tell me?"

"~~~~-ah… Let's break up…" Chunji didn't even notice how harsh his voice had become, in order to hide his wavering heart.

"W-what? Why?" Your brain just couldn't compute. Why was your boyfriend breaking up with you?

"Because…. I have to go back… Back to Him…" Chunji couldn’t hold it in anymore. Tears streamed down his pale face as his hands shakily rose up and landed on your shoulders. He leaned in till his forehead touched yours. One more tear escaped its duct and landed warm on your cheek.

"I'm so sorry… I have to go. You won't be able to remember me when I'm gone… My existence will forever remain a blank past. But just remember this with your heart. I love you…"

The two of you shared a teary kiss. Without your knowing, Chunji's hands raised next to your head, and gently pressed it. "...and that I'm sorry…"

Just like that, your eyes rolled back and your body went limp, your memories erased, your love for Chunji, forever forgotten.

Chunji tried to suppress his overwhelming feelings of regret and remorse. He couldn't even look in you the eye, but forced himself to imprint your face into his mind. He watched your serene face, eyes closed, your chest rising and falling with every even breath.

Chunji lifted you up bridal style and walked to a nearby parking, setting you down by a tree, under the cool shade.

"I wish I could say 'Don't forget me', but that would just be stupid… right?" Chunji's tearful eyes watched you, as you mumbled something incoherently.

"What?" Chunji leaned in closer to see if he was able to hear your words better. "I said… I love you… Lee… Chan...hee…"

Chunji bit his lip and looked away. "Why are you doing this to me, Park ~~~~… You're making it so hard for me to leave you…"

Inhaling a deep breath, Chunji slowly started to walk away and the further he was away from you, the heavier the air around him seemed to become.

When Chunji finally got home, he decided to put on a strong front, so that L.Joe wouldn't have to worry about him. "Yah, Lee Chanhee, are you-" L.Joe's sentence stopped short when he saw Chunji beaming at him, like the very first time they met when L.Joe was six.

"Mhm? Is something wrong?" Chunji continued to take his shoes off and put his bag down on the couch, letting himself fall onto the sofa and turn the TV on.

"N-nothing…" L.Joe twitched his head in confusion but let it slide. *I guess he's trying to play strong. It's not going to last. Especially when we go tomorrow…*

L.Joe decided to play it smart and retreat to his room. Chunji let out a sigh of relief, as he drowned himself in the sound of the drama that's playing on TV. But it was going in one ear and coming out the other, as he raised his knees and formed a ball, closing his eyes and letting out a silent cry.

*Live well, ~~~~-ah.*

----------------

Can anyone guess what the ending will be? :)