If I Ever Leave

From Naughty to Nice

 

Chunji tossed and turned over on his bed. *What if she hates me after telling her I'm an angel!? What if… what if… she doesn't want to be my friend anymore…*

Chunji felt a tug at his heartstrings at the thought that you would no longer like him anymore. "What if… I can't love you anymore…" Chunji whispered, as a single tear from his pure eyes.

 

With panda eyes, Chunji trudged to school with L.Joe beside him. "Yah. Yah! Yah, Lee Chanhee!" L.Joe waved his hand frantically in front of Chunji's face.

"Dude… Yah, yah, Lee Chanhee. Don't scare me. Is something wrong?" L.Joe put his hands firmly onto Chunji's shoulders and stopped him from walking.

"W-what?" Chunji blankly said, staring at L.Joe with emotionless eyes. But he quickly shook himself awake and gave L.Joe his usual carefree smile. "Yes?"

L.Joe slightly frowned at Chunji. "Is… something wrong?"  Chunji shook his head and smiled. "No. I'm just thinking about stuff. Why? Do you want something to be wrong?" Chunji asked, with the sarcastic blinking of his eyes.

"Psht, I care for you and asked if something was wrong and you accuse me of something completely different. What is this, Lee Chanhee!? What is this!?" L.Joe held his hands in front of him and tensed them, yelling into the sky.

Chunji finally broke into a laugh, seeing L.Joe being weird. He let out a sigh and smiled. *Well, whatever comes at me will be whatever comes at me. It's not like I can control ~~~~'s mood swings. But that's what makes ~~~~ special,* Chunji chuckled in his mind.

 

Chunji decided to tell you the same place L.Joe told you, the school rooftop at lunch.

Yours eyes widened to the size of eggs. "What!? You're an angel too!? No wonder I always thought you were so pure and… 'angelic'…" You put a hand your chin and nodded, thinking back to all the times Chunji's smiles stuck to your mind like gum.

"So… you're not going to throw a fit at me?" Chunji carefully asked. "No, why," you laughed, as if it was the stupidest thing to do in the world.

"Well… I mean… finding out that two of your friends are angels… isn't that… weird?"Chunji inched slightly closer to you.

"Well… You, I can understand. But L.Joe? No way! How did he go to Heaven!? I mean… damn, he's no where near as pure as you!"

Chunji blushed ever so slightly, hearing your compliments and gave a shy chuckle. "Well, we all have our reasons for being there. But even so, I don't even know L.Joe's reason."

You suddenly gave Chunji a smile. "So… do you have…-" Without even being asked, Chunji flapped out his fluffy wings and smiled. "Is this what you were going to ask for?"

You gasped again in awe. Angel wings. They were the most beautiful things you have ever seen. "Can I… touch them?"

Chunji gave you an encouraging nod and you reached out and felt them. You gasped in surprised and your eyes widened in delight. Chunji's wings, they were the softest thing you've ever set your hands on.

Chunji's face was plastered with a warm smile. "Here," Chunji said, as he plucked a single feather from his wing. "As a momento."

You took the feather and stared at its beauty.

*It'll be a way for you to remember if I ever leave,* Chunji smiled.

--------------------

 Was there a subtle feeling of sadness there? :D