Chunji Ending - Final

From Naughty to Nice

 

Rubbing your eyes, you fluttered them opened, raising your arms to stretch, welcoming the warm and bright sunshine.

You stood up and stretched from side to side once more. "Ah~ It's such a nice day." A light breeze blew across your face.

"Hmm?" You touched your cheeks and noticed that it was a little wet. You looked up at the sky and then back down at the grass. "It doesn't seem like it was rain…"

You then proceeded to wipe both your cheeks with your hands and sniffed your nose a little. "I was… crying? Why…"

You bit your lip in concentration, trying to think of why you were crying but your mind was blank. All blank, except for something white that tickled your brain cells, but then faded back into your memories again.

"Damn it! Why can't I remember anything!? Argh…" With a huff of frustration, you stomped off, in need of retail therapy.

While Chunji watched you from afar, he mouthed 'I Love You' and went back to his house, where L.Joe was waiting for him to depart.

 

"Hey man… You did well." L.Joe smiled and placed a hand on Chunji's shoulder. Their wings were spread out and were ready to return back to Almighty.  "Yeah… Thanks, Byunghun-ah…"

L.Joe didn't even get angry at Chunji for calling him his first name. Oppositely, L.Joe softened and just patted Chunji's shoulder again.  "Come on, we'll watch her from above, and make sure she stays out of trouble, okay?"

Chunji looked at L.Joe with grateful eyes and smiled. "It's time." They both nodded and with one powerful flap of their gracious wings, they were up in the skies and returning to Him.

 

"Appa… I feel… Hmm…" Your head was on your father's as you tried to figure out your feelings. Or lack of.  "What is it, my beautiful daughter?"

You thought about it once more and decided it was best not to worry your father. After all, he had a big corporate meeting in the morning, and the last thing you wanted to do was to burden him with your worries.

"Nothing. I was just be weird. Goodnight appa, I'll see you tomorrow night." You waved and smiled sweetly at your father, giving him a goodnight kiss and zooming upstairs, with maids trailing behind you, carrying the tens of shopping bags you had accumulated during the day.

"Just set them down there please." To everyone's surprise, you didn't yell at them or threaten to fire them if they put as even a wrinkle on the bags. Instead, you smiled at them and went to sit at your desk and heaved a heavy sigh.

*Man… Why do I feel so empty… I feel like… Like something important is missing from my life. Like I just lost someone I love… Like… Like the time I lost my mum…*

Wanting to look at a picture of your mother to help ease the pain in your heart, you opened a drawer. But what you took out of it was not your mother's picture, but a large white feather.

"What's this doing here…" You held the feather close to your eyes and examined, running your hands over the soft feather. It was so white and pure, that it seemed not even blood can taint it.

"Where did I get this from… What kind of bird has a feather like this?" You drew your brows to the centre and concentrated hard, trying to remember where the feather had come from. Little by little, a fuzzy image of a boy, with big, beautiful wings spread behind him appeared. You concentrated harder, but the image just wouldn't focus. Before long, your thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door and the boy disappeared faster than it came.

You sighed and leaned back onto your chair. *Man… What are all these random blurry pictures!?*

 

Some 70 odd years later

 

"Come on, Yongguk-ah! Don't run too fast or you'll trip!" You had your arms behind your back and was hobbling behind your grandson, Yongguk. "Halmeoni! Hurry!" An excited, five year old Yongguk excitedly waved his grandmother over to the top of the hill.

You chuckled and turned back to see your son, Bang Yongjin. "Your son is just like you when you were young," you motherly smiled.

"Well… Like father, like son," you son laughed and assisted you in getting up the hill.

You sat down your old bones on the top of the hill, under the shade of a big oak tree. You sighed and looked at the heavens.

"I don't know why I couldn't remember you at first… But now that my time is ending here, I can tell you right? Chunji-ah… I still love you…" A single, glistening tear slid down your cheek, shocking Chunji form above.

Chunji's eyes widened in shock and turned his head towards God, who was immediately to his left. "H-How is this happening? It's been more than 70 years!"

But He merely smiled back at Chunji. "Sometimes, when a person's love for someone else is that great, it's remembered in their hearts, not their minds." God left Chunji to figure the rest out himself.

"~~~~-ah…" Tears also streamed down Chunji's cheeks. The way you were looking at up the heavens seemed like you were looking right at him. "I love you too…" Chunji whispered.

As if nature was on Chunji's side, a comfortable breeze blew past you, causing you to smile. "I see you love me too?" You chuckled.

You reached in your bag and took out the one pure and clear memory of Chunji that you have left. The feather that you had so preciously protected. You gently it and held it to your heart.

You could feel your nose going sour and your eyes started watering. Closing your eyes, your tears escaped and rolled down your aged features.

*I'm coming, Chunji-ah… Just wait a little longer…* And at that precise moment, your heartbeat stopped.

 

Chunji was pacing up and down on the clouds above. *When is she going to come… What's taking her so long? What is Almighty didn't let her through the gates!? Oh my… I must-* Chunji's rapid thoughts rushed through his head, but it was put on hold when he heard a voice call his name. "Chunji-ah!" 

Chunji immediately froze in his tracks. *I-is it… Is it… her!?*

"Chunji…? Yah! Lee Chanhee! You said you would love me forever! Are you backing out!?"

Chunji couldn't hold his curiosity and his blazing love for you anymore and turned around. There you were, dressed in a pure white dress with the same fluffy and graceful wings on Chunji's back. Your looks were returned to when you had first met Chunji, with the same playful and loving look on your face, only show to your one and only angel.

"~~~~!" Chunji ran across the clouds and embraced you. "Chunji-ah!!" You cried in his arms and hugged him just as tightly back.

"I've missed you so, so much… You do not know how hard it was for me to watch you from up here for 70 years…" Chunji breathed in your familiar scent and felt like he was in a completely different paradise.

"I've missed you too…" You pulled away and pecked him roughly on the lips. "That's for erasing my memory."

You pecked him roughly again, cutely frowning. "And that's for leaving me." Just as you were about to give him another 'punishment', Chunji beat you to it.

It was a deep and passionate kiss, to the point that your tongues were tired and lips were slightly swollen.

Pulling away to breathe again, Chunji pushed your forehead to his. "And that's for making me love you." You smiled and hugged him. "Well, we've got all eternity for that now."

---------------------

AND THAT’S THE END OF THE TEAM CHUNJI ENDINGS!! WHEE!!!

The next update will be back to when you, Chunji and L.Joe were volunteering ^^ Team L.Joe, anticipate next update! :D

Really sorry for the late updates… T^T