Not the Same

From Naughty to Nice

 

Giggling all the way home, you relived every moment you were on the bus with the two boys. "Haha, if you're this excited taking the bus, you'll probably get even more excited taking the subway." Chunji joked.

You gasped and clasped your hands together. "Really? Can we? Oh my god, that would be so fun!" Your eyes twinkled with excitement and you clapped your hands together.

L.Joe glared at Chunji and elbowed him. "Yah, why'd you say that? Now we have to take her on the subway too?" L.Joe hissed softly.

Chunji put his hands together and closed one eye. 'Sorry', he mouthed. L.Joe just rolled his eyes and kept walking.  "Um… Yeah, sure. We'll take you next time." Chunji gave you a smile and you gladly jumped up and down. "Yay!"

"Okay, well, this is your house. We'll be seeing you on... Monday." L.Joe raised his hand as a form of a 'Goodbye' gesture and shoved it back into his back pockets of his skinnies.

"Yeah, we'll see you on Monday then." Chunji gave you one of his smiles and waved goodbye. You gave them both a hug before running through the gates of your house.

"Bye!" You waved happily from your doorstep. The boys gave you one last wave before you stepped into your grand mansion.

"Oh! Appa! You're home early today!" You ran and plonked yourself next to your dad on the couch and put your head onto his shoulder. "Appa, what are you reading?"

"Mmh? Just the financial part of the newspaper, baby girl. Um… Appa came home early to check up on you. Are you okay?" Your dad raised his hand and lightly your cheek. The cheeky sparkle that would always be in your eyes dimmed and your eyes wandered downwards. "Yeah… I'm okay. Appa, are you going to be able to make it?"

Your dad gave you an apologetic look and shook his head. "I'm sorry sweetheart, but there's a really important meeting for me to attend tomorrow and corporate matters are… Well, complicated. I won't be able to go with you, I'm sorry. Are you sure you're going to be okay by yourself? I've hired a temporary chauffeur so you can use him tomorrow, arasseo?

You nodded. "Arasseo, appa. I'm going to go wash up and go to bed now. Goodnight, appa." You kissed your dad on the cheek and scurried upstairs. *I hope she really will be alright…* Your dad sighed and looked through his newspaper again.

Taking a long, hot shower, you came out squeaky clean. You dried your hair with your towel and applied lotion on your face, neck and hands. But you stopped for a moment and looked at your reflection on the dresser mirror.

A flashback of when you were seven flashed through your mind.

"Umma!" You shouted. "Aigoo, my ~~~~. Come here. Umma will give you the princess treatment." "Yay! Umma is the best!" You clapped your small hands together and squealed. Your mum smiled lovingly at you and lifted you up onto her lap, sitting herself in front of her dresser.

"Mmh… Today, I'll give you some lotion for you hands, okay?" Your mum tilted her heads towards you. "Yay!" No matter what your mum gave you, you would gladly accept.

Your mum poured some lotion into her hands and rubbed her hands together. "Okay, baby. Hands out." As instructed, you held your hands out. "Aigoo, our ~~~~ has such pretty hands~" Your mum cooed. She rubbed your hands with a hand lotion and left your hands smelling nice and fruity.

"Umma, saranghae!" You hugged your mum by the neck and nuzzled your cheeks roughly against hers. Your mum giggled and nuzzled your cheek in return. The whole room was filled with heart-warming giggles and laughter.

The flashback ended just as you closed your eyes. A single tear drop fell and splashed into a million more droplets. You exhaled a shaky breath as  you looked at your reflection again. Sitting in the same room, in the same seat, with the same bottles of lotions in front of you, the only thing missing was your mum.

You clenched your hands into a fist and slowly raised it to your chest. "Umma…" You muttered, as more tears fell under the spell of gravity.

-------------------------------------------------------

Did I manage to make you guys sad? T-T