A New Maths Tutor

From Naughty to Nice

 

Sitting in maths class, you blew your fringe and sighed, resting your chin on your palm. Your seating buddy, Chunji, looked over to you and tilted his head. "Why the long face?"

You gave him a small smile. "Oh, nothing. It's just that, I really hate maths… It's my worst subject." You drew circles with the other end of your pen and stared at your blank page.

Chunji chuckled. "Even worse than your physics? Wow, that is something." You giggled, hitting Chunji's arm playfully. "Yah, you're meant to be encouraging me to be doing my best here, friend."

Chunji simply smiled back and went back to doing his work.

"Park ~~~~. Please come out for a moment. I have something to talk to you about," your maths teacher said, pointing to you and then jabbing his finger towards the door. You raised your eyebrow and looked towards Chunji who shrugged, mouthing 'I don't know'. You flattened your lips and followed the teacher out of the class.

"Park ~~~~. Your grades for maths… having been dropping." Your maths teacher informed. You just nodded along in a bored manner.  "And at this rate, you're going to fail this subject and not be able to graduate."

You were just playing with your ear, not paying attention to what the teacher was saying. Every year they would say that, and every year, you would graduate without fail.

"So, I've decided to assign you a student to help tutor you. Come," your maths teacher motioned for the your new 'tutor' to come out.

You rolled your eyes and put your hand on your hips, waiting to see which nerd would be tutoring you now.

But a familiar tuft of orange hair entered your sight your eyes bulged. "L.JOE!?" You pointed your finger straight at L.Joe's face.

L.Joe smirked and pushed your finger away. "Why, hello to you too."

You turned your head sharply to the teacher, your glare so fierce that even the teacher took a little step back, fazed by your gaze.

"T-this student here, will be your n-new t-tutor," your teacher stuttered, as you gaze intensified by the second.

"I-I'll leave you two to sort this out a-amongst y-yourselves." The teacher scurried back into the classroom and began teaching again. You were left in the empty hallways with L.Joe, you staring hard at him and him smirking at you.

"Since when did you ever pay attention in class," you growled. L.Joe shrugged and looked to the side. "Since never. But I'm smart enough to know everything already so there's no need. You, on the other hand, need help."

You huffed and stormed back into the classroom, plopping yourself on your seat and crossing your arms.

Chunji knew that it was going to end in something like this when he saw L.Joe walk out of the classroom soon after you did.

"~~~~-ah… what's wrong?" Chunji tenderly asked, putting a hand on your shoulder. You looked towards him and pouted. "L.Joe is my new maths tutor!" You cried in despair. You fake cried and buried your face in your hands.

Chunji's eyes widened. *What!? Since when!? This… is not going to go well.*

------------------------

My writer's block seems to be going away bit by bit :D