Suspicions Arise

From Naughty to Nice

 

You tossed and turned all night. Is L.Joe real? Is he really dead? Then whose the person that's been appearing in front of you?

Hundreds and thousands of questions and suspicions whirled around your head. Lying awake, you waited till morning.

When your alarm clock went off, you stared mindlessly into space and swung your legs over your bed, making your way automatically to your bathroom.

There, you brushed your teeth, washed your face and brushed your hair. But your mind was far from the present. Questions were still spinning in your head as you tried making sense of the situation. You splashed your face with water one more time and dragged your hands down from your face.

"I'll go and ask Chunji at school… He lives with L.Joe, he should know if something's up. Especially if his roommate is with the living dead. That's right, I'll do that. I'll go to school, ask Chunji and everything will be alright… Everything will be alright…"

You dragged your feet as you got dressed in your uniform, had a brief breakfast and got into your car.

"Agasshi, you seem distracted today. Is something the matter?" Your chauffeur asked, looking at you from the rear view mirror like always.

You sighed, resting your chin on the back of your hand and looked out the window. "Mhm… I need to make sure… if someone is really there… or is he just toying with me…" You trailed off and had your head in the clouds.

Your chauffeur gave a fatherly smile. *It's been some time since she's shown some sincere emotion like that.*

As soon as you arrived at the school gates, you thanked your chauffeur and immediately dashed towards your classroom. And just as you hope, Chunji had arrived early today, doing his homework that he couldn't finish last night.

*Aish, that stupid Byunghun… Why must he show me his "rapping skills" till three in the morning…* Chunji yawned and rubbed his eyes. He waited for his eyes to refocus before going back to his history homework.

"Chunji! Psst! Chunji!"

Chunji's head perked up and looked around for the person hissing his name. "Psst! Here!" Chunji looked to you, who was hiding near the door. He tilted his head and drew his eyebrows together. You looked around suspiciously and crept quickly to Chunji's side.

"Chunji-ah. I need to ask you something." "Um… Yeah, go for it."

You looked around once more to watch out if people were listening out or not. Just as you were going to open your mouth to ask Chunji about L.Joe, L.Joe jumped into the classroom.

"Yo! Good morning Chun- Oh… You're here too?" L.Joe pulled a chair next to you and leisurely leaned back.

You looked at L.Joe from head to toe. You squinted at his features and imprinted them in your mind. *He… doesn't look like he's dead. He looks as alive as Chunji…* You looked at Chunji, then back at L.Joe. *Maybe that 'Joe Lee' person is another 'Joe Lee'… But that's too many coincidences…*

"Yah, what are you thinking so deeply about? One second thought, your brain capacity allows you to think?" L.Joe teased, pushing your forehead back with his finger.

You cupped your hand over your forehead. L.Joe's touch was still tingling on your milky skin. *But his touch is warm… He can't be dead…*

L.Joe raised a brow at your continuous staring. "Look, I know I'm hot but you don't need to stare for that long. You're pretty hot yourself." L.Joe threw you a wink and started chatting with Chunji.

*I'll just… have a talk with L.Joe myself at lunch. It'll be easier that way…* You pursed your lips and gave yourself a little nod of encouragement, then went back to chatting with the two like nothing ever happened.

-----------------

What shall happen next, my readers? ^^