Walking Corpses

From Naughty to Nice

 

The next morning, Chunji and L.Joe trudged to school with heavy eye bags.

"Omo, oppa! What happened to your eyes!?" Concerned fan girls all said things alike. L.Joe would give Chunji a death stare before turning to the girls and give them a softer, more tender smile.

"It's nothing. I just didn't get enough sleep last night…" L.Joe said through gritted teeth. They pushed their way out of the fan girls and continued to have a death stare war.

Rewinding back to last night, L.Joe and Chunji didn't sleep a wink, being too swept up in the pillow war. "Take that!" L.Joe shouted, as he smacked a pillow hard on the side of Chunji's head. "Yah! Watch it! Don't make me lose even more brain cells so I'll end up like you!" Chunji snapped, pegging a pillow at L.Joe and having it land right on his face.

"Watch the face, pretty boy! Or yours won't be intact any longer!" L.Joe threatened. "Come at me, bro!" Chunji taunted.

Walking into the class like zombies, your eyes widened as you gasped at the two walking corpses approaching your way.

"Hey babe, sup?" L.Joe tried to be all smug with you but you just rejected him completely. "Look, that doesn't work normally, so it won't work when you have eye bags the size of coconuts on your face. Gosh, and your face was ugly enough as it is," you muttered the last bit to yourself. L.Joe's mouth fell open, then he closed it and sadly walked over to his desk and his head down on it, trying to catch some zees.

Chunji took a seat next to you and gave you a weak smile, his eyes only half as big and half as bright as they usually are.

You slightly frowned and pouted out in worry. "Chunji-ah, what happened? Didn't get you enough sleep?"

Chunji nodded. "Yeah… I was up all night… Pre-occupied with something…" Chunji bitterly smiled, as he trailed off, reminiscing about the blows he received from L.Joe. He shuddered slightly and turned his attention back to you.

"I hope you don't mind me kind of dozing off today… I really need to catch up on my sleep. I promise I'll talk to you heaps more tomorrow, 'kay?" Chunji laid his head on the table, smiled, awaiting your reply.

You gently smiled back. "Sleep. I'd rather talk to an energetic Chunji that listens to whatever drabble I talk about than a living corpse," you joked. Chunji tried lifting the corners of his lips into a smile but that effort soon went to waste as he fell into a deep slumber.

"Yah, Park ~~~~! You care about Chunji but don't care about me!? I live under the same roof as him, you know!" L.Joe yelled across the classroom. He had heard everything and saw everything that happened just then and a mysterious feeling bubbled inside of him.

You looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Fine. Go get plastic surgery L.Joe. Even sleep won't fix that ugly face of yours. Oh oops, was I too caring just then?"  You rolled your eyes and looked straight ahead again. Just as L.Joe stood up to walk over to you, your teacher came in.

"Ahem, Mr. Lee. Would you mind sitting down? Class has begun." The teacher gave a slightly demanding look towards L.Joe, which made him curse under his breath and sit back down on his desk, sulking.

You turned around and caught L.Joe sulking. He turned around and you stuck your tongue out childishly at him, laughing as you turned back around.

The centre of L.Joe's forehead slightly creased as he noticed something he never noticed before. The sunlight from the window hit your face at just the right angel, making your face seem almost angelic. The way you smiled just then was imprinted in L.Joe's mind. And having seen so many angels in his afterlife, you'd be one of the prettiest he's seen.

*Maybe… she's not as bad as I thought she'd be. Maybe… even a bit better. A lot better.* L.Joe fell into a dreamy state, watching you take notes and occasionally check to see if Chunji was awake. Soon, L.Joe himself dozed off, meeting you in his dreams.

--------------------------

L.Joe dreamt of you~~ :D