Not Ready For Goodbye

The Revolving Door

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"Sooyoung-ah what if we stop with the what ifs and try to accept that what happened to them was out of our control." Tae said reflectively.

 

"If only we could Tae.......but it's not that easy is it? Are you really ready to stop with the what ifs?" Soo asked.

 

"Ah nope but I wish I was because the what ifs hurt too much. You know like if we just changed something in the smallest way then the accident wouldn't of happened and I'd still have my best friend with me."

 

"Yes just the smallest change like if one of us needed to go to the toilet before we left....... Fudge me! why didn't I need to go to the toilet before we left." said Soo.

 

"Or I could of taken longer to sing the song for them and I could of............... Soo what are we doing?"

 

"We're trying to work out how we could of stopped Sunny and Hyomin from losing their lives...........but....... AH!!!!!!" Soo then screamed out."

 

"You scream too Tae, it kind of felt good."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes let's do it on the count of three. One..... two.......three." Soo said before they both screamed out AH!!!! 

 

Tiff and Jessi came running out.

 

"What are you doing?" Tiff asked.

 

"We're trying to yell the pain away. It helps for a few seconds." said Tae.

 

"Well how about you warn us before you do it next time. You gave us both a heart attack." Tiff said.

 

"Anyway I need to go. I'm meeting Sunny and Hyomin's families to help them make funeral arrangements." Tae explained.

 

After Tae and Tiff left, Jessi sat down next to Soo and dangled her feet in the pool.

 

"Sooyoungie you know I'm here for you if you ever want to talk, okay?"

 

Soo reached for Jessi's hand and squeezed it tightly. "I know Beauty."

 

"Did you want to go and lie down on the sofa or go to bed? You look really tired and I know you didn't get much sleep last night."

 

"Would you lie down with me on the sofa?" Soo asked.

 

"Yes of course." she said before they walked back inside.

 

Soo lay down on the sofa and Jessi climbed on top of her. She rested her head on Soo's chest. 

 

Soo started to rub Jessi's back gently. "If you keep doing that you'll have a sleeping beauty on your hands and you're suppose to be the one falling asleep not me." said Jessi.

 

 

Yoona and Yuri........

 

 

"Are you sure baby, are you one hundred percent sure that's the job you want the most?" Yuri asked.

 

"Yes I'm sure, I think it helped meeting with Soo's agent earlier." said Yoona.

 

"Well after you've finished with your meeting at the hospital would you let me take you out for lunch?" Yuri asked.

 

"I won't say no." Yoona smiled.

 

"It's to celebrate your new career path."

 

"Sounds good gorgeous." Yoona said before giving Yuri a soft kiss on the lips.

 

After her meeting at the hospital Yuri was waiting outside for Yoona. She then drove Yoona to her favourite all you can eat restaurant.

 

"Thanks for bringing me here, you know how much I love it here." Yoona smiled.

 

"I know baby."

 

"But it does feel a bit........ I guess not right to be celebrating my modelling career when Sunny and Hyomin can't celebrate anything together ever again." Yoona said sadly.

 

"That's how I feel too but your my baby and this is a big deal in your life, so I didn't want to let it go by without celebrating it. Even though neither of us are really in the mood."

 

"Thank you for thinking of me. I would of forgiven you for not doing anything special with me but I also love the fact that you did." Yoona said before leaning over to kiss Yuri's lips.

 

 

That night - Tae......

 

 

Tiff had cooked Tae dinner at her place.

 

"I'm sorry that I didn't eat much. Your cooking was really nice but I'm not feeling very hungry." said Tae.

 

"It's okay at least you ate a little bit." said Tiff.

 

"Hey beautiful, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to head home now."

 

"Oh so soon? Are you sure you don't want to stay with me tonight?" Tiff asked.

 

"Um not tonight..... I just want to be alone again but I'm not trying to upset you. It's just what I want for now."

 

"It's okay I understand." Tiff said as she gave Tae a tight hug.

 

As Tae was returning the the penthouse, Tiff slumped herself on the sofa. I wonder if we'll ever go back to what we had, thought Tiff. I mean I know she's having such a hard time of it right now but aigoo...... I just need to be patient I guess.

 

Tae gave Ginger a hug after walking inside. She then grabbed one of the photo albums and sat down on the sofa. Page after page was filled with enjoyable memories of her and her best friend.

 

As she thought about each photo tears streamed from her eyes. You've always been here for me Sunny-ah and I've always been there for you but............ what now...... I don't know what to do now? I thought this would get easier with each passing day...... but it's not...... it's really not, she thought."

 

She headed to Sunny's room and grabbed Sunny's favourite black hoodie once again, this time she put it on. This smells like you...... please come back. I can never wash this again because......... then it wouldn't smell like you anymore and I want it to smell like you forever.

 

I'm older than you....... did you forget our deal, it was suppose to be me who died first, remember? Sunny we promised I would go first cause I told you I wouldn't be able to live without you.....and I can't...... I can't live without you, she thought to herself.

 

She then screamed out as loud as she could "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! this hurts I want to stop hurting ..... AHHHHHHH!!!!!! ...... why ....... AHHHHHH!!!!!........ why.... why Sunny? What's your plan for me now God, huh? What's your f**king plan for me now." she yelled before crying into Sunny's pillow.

 

 

Two days later -The Funeral

 

 

All the girls were seated in the church. Tae and Tiff were sitting in the front row with Sunny and Hyomin's families.

 

Three rows back the other girls were sitting closely together. Stella and Bekah were also attending but sat towards the back of the church. 

 

The pall-bearer's walked in from the back of the church holding the caskets. Hyomin's came in first closely followed by Sunny's casket. 

 

The funeral service commenced with family members and friends saying touching words about both of the girls. Tae was the last one to have her speech.

 

She approached the lectern slowly with her speech in hand. She stood silently for a few seconds taking in deep breaths before she began to speak.

 

"My friend........ my best friend Lee Sunkyu. Ever since we started school together we've hardly ever been apart. We shared many fun holidays together. We were even crazy enough to work together....." Tae broke down crying and Tiff rushed over to give her a supportive hug.

 

"Baby would you like me to read it out for you?" Tiff asked. Tae nodded her head.

 

Tiff grabbed hold of Tae's hand and used her other hand to hold the speech in place. She then continued the speech.

 

"But now my best friend is no longer with me. Sunny I still expect you to come walking through that door. Or for you to steal my drink right after I've just poured myself one. You're no longer there offering me support while I'm learning a new song on my piano."

 

"You touched my life and you also touched the lives of every single person you met. Especially your new fiance Hyomin, she loved you so very much. Sunny I never imagined that I would ever miss your biting or your annoying pinching but I do....... I miss it like crazy."

 

"Sunny-ah I will never forget you and my life will never be the same without you constantly by my side. Are you happy up there.  Heaven now has two more beautiful angels. Lee Sunkyu someday you and I will be reunited.....you will always be in my heart....... I love you Sunny." Tiff said as she put her arm around Tae and they sat back down.

 

Tae continued to cry for the rest of the service. While the other friends all held hands tightly and continually wiped their tears.

 

The wake was being held at Sunny's nightclub because that's where Sunny's dreams became a reality. Her dream of a topless nightclub which she herself brought to life.

 

After the service they all headed to the club which hadn't been open since the accident but for today it was functioning only for the wake.

 

Tae sat down at one of the tables with Tiff and Sunny's family.

 

"It feels so strange coming here without seeing Sunny standing behind the bar." Seo said.

 

"Yeah and it must feel so weird for Tae. I mean she hasn't been back here since the accident." said Hyo.

 

"I wonder if Tae will ever be able to work here again?" Yoona asked.

 

"Maybe she thinks of good memories while she's here and not the bad one's." said Yuri.

 

Soo walked over to the large windows and stared out onto the road.

 

"When do you think I'll get my old Sooyoungie back?" Jessi asked the girls.

 

"She'll come back Jessi, she just needs some time to move on from what she saw. What about you Hyo, do you still have images of their bodies stuck in your head?" Yoona asked.

 

"Yep and I only saw them briefly where as Soo was with them a whole lot longer than me." said Hyo.

 

"But Jessi you will get your old Sooyoungie back, she just needs time to process everything. I think Tae's the one we have to watch out for. She wants to make out like she's doing okay in front of Tiff but as expected she's really struggling to deal with it." Yoona explained.

 

"Yeah I'm really worried about Tae as well." said Seo.

 

"I'll be back." said Jessi as she walked over to Soo. She stood next to Soo with her body brushing up against Soo's.

 

"I'm sorry Jessi, I was just about to come back over to see you."

 

"Don't be sorry I know you were just contemplating again."

 

"You think I contemplate too much don't you?" Soo asked.

 

"No it's not that ....... it's just that I miss you baby that's all."

 

"You miss me?"

 

"Yeah even though your with me, it's only your body that's here because your mind is off in some other place." said Jessi.

 

Soo then stood behind Jess and backhugged her sweetly. "I'm sorry that I get so lost in my thoughts."

 

"Don't get me wrong baby, I understand why you've been like this, it's just that I miss you, that's all." she said before Soo gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek.

 

Tae had been sitting at the table silently while Tiff and Sunny's family talked. Tiff reached for Tae's hand but as she did Tae got up off the chair and walked away.

 

"Everyone's taking this so hard but poor Tae is taking it the hardest." said Sunny's Mum.

 

"I would go after her but I think she just wants to be alone for awhile." said Tiff.

 

Soo and Jessi walked back towards the others as Tae continued to walk out the door and sat herself down on the entry stairs.

 

This place isn't the same without you, thought Tae. I don't like it here without you Sunny. 

 

After a minute Soo noticed Tae hadn't returned so she went to find her. She then sat down next to her on the stairs.

 

"What are you thinking right now?" Soo asked.

 

"I'm wondering how I'm going to get by and enjoy life again without Sunny." said Tae.

 

"It's probably hard for you to remember a time when Sunny wasn't in your life."

 

"Yep we've been best friends ever since we were little kids. I just feel empty Soo..... like I know I've got an amazing and beautiful girlfriend in Tiffany but she's not Sunny. Does that sound harsh?" Tae asked.

 

"If it's what your feeling then it's not harsh, it's just the reality of where your mind is at right now." said Soo.

 

"I don't even understand where my mind is at right now. All I know is that whenever I try to think about things it hurts.......... it just hurts too much Soo."

 

"I know Tae but I was thinking about going to see a Psychologist. Would you like me to book you an appointment too?" 

 

"I don't think I need it."

 

"Okay but if you change your mind just let me know, okay?"

 

"Okay."

 

"I just think I have nothing to lose by going to see a psychologist. I guess it's worth a try and I'll let you know if I think it's helping me."

 

"Alright Soo." Tae replied.

 

 

Two days later.......

 

 

Tae met up with Sunny's family at the nightclub to hear the reading of Sunny's will. 

 

Sunny's nightclub had still remained closed since her death.They all listened intently to what Sunny was leaving to everyone.

 

The lawyer then read out the last two things. "The ownership of her penthouse will go to Kim Taeyeon and lastly the ownership of this property the exposed nightclub will also be left to Kim Taeyeon." he announced.

 

Why would she leave me this place, thought Tae. 

 

After Sunny's family left, the lawyer approached Tae. "Excuse me Miss Kim Taeyeon but there are some clauses with the ownership of this property." he said.

 

"What do yo mean?"

 

"Sunny asked to have special clauses put in. She wants you to close the nightclub and turn it into a cabaret show venue for yourself."

 

"What?"

 

"Here's the paperwork, you can read over the clauses yourself." he said before leaving.

 

Tae sat down & read through it all and sure enough it was Sunny's wish for Tae to close the nightclub and open her own caberet show.

 

"What the hell Sunny....... what were you thinking, huh? ....... How can I possibly shut down your dream....... this nightclub was your second love and now you expect me to shut it down to make my dream come true..."

 

"This place is you, how can I destroy it........... why are you doing this to me...... why?" she said before she picked up a drinking glass.

 

She then threw it angrily at the floor and it smashed into piecies........"How can I close your dream......I say NO!" she grabbed another glass and smashed it to the ground again.

 

She burst out into tears. "You gave me your penthouse....... which is too much already...... and now you want me to turn your dream night club into a dream caberet show for me........... no Sunny I can't...." she said before smashing another glass.

 

"You hear me Sunny...... I can't do it and I won't do it...........I'm not pulling your dream apart like that....... no! ........ no!.....no I won't......" she picked up yet another glass and threw it even harder than the others, some of the broken glass flew up into her legs.................