Shattered Dreams

The Revolving Door

  

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

Then they heard a thunderous sound and a loud screeching of brakes.................. "CRASH!!!!!!!"

 

Soo and Hyo screamed out in horror as a big truck crashed into the back of Hyomin and Sunny's car before the back of the truck clipped Tae and Tiff's car sending their car flipping over.

 

"F**k, f**k, f**k!!" Hyo called out before her and Soo got out of the car.

 

"What do we do?" Soo said in shock.

 

"I'll go here, you go and check on the others." Hyo said as she rushed to Tae & Tiff.

 

Soo ran as fast as she could towards Hyomin & Sunny's car. "Oh my god no......... no!!" Soo screamed out when she saw the squashed crumpled up car that was Hyomin's.

 

The doors were so badly crumpled that Soo couldn't open them but then she looked through the window where she saw her friend's bloodied and lifeless bodies. "Sunny!!!! Sunny!!!..... Hyomin!!! can you hear me? Hyomin!!! Sunny!!!." she yelled out before looking around as more people came to help.

 

"Help them!! Please somebody help them!!!" Soo screamed out at the top of her lungs.

 

Meanwhile Hyo had managed to open the doors in Tae's car which was lying upside down. She gently took her two friends out of the car and checked for their pulses.

 

As she lifted Tiff's hand she began to move and talk. "Tae Tae...... Tae Tae." she said.

 

"It's okay Tiff she's here." said Hyo.

 

Soo with the help of others was trying desperately to still get into the car. "These doors arn't going to open.. I need to help my friends." Soo said desperately.

 

"It's okay there's help on the way." said a man.

 

"But I need to help them now." Soo said before taking matters into her own hands, she took off her shirt and wrapped it around her fist. She then tried to punch the window to break the glass but she had no luck the first time.

 

She tried even harder the second time but once again she couldn't break it.

 

"Here I'll try to break it." said the man. He grabbed Soo's shirt and wrapped his fist before trying over and over again until he finally broke it.

 

Soo then grabbed for Sunny's hand. "It's okay I'm here Sunny....... I'm here with you." she said before trying to find her pulse.

 

"I can't find her pulse........ oh my god why can't I find her pulse..... Sunny come on." Soo said before trying to find her pulse again, but once again she couldn't find it.

 

She then reached over and grabbed Hyomin's arm and tried to find her pulse. "What the hell is happening......" she said after finding no pulse with her either.

 

Soo began to wipe the blood from Sunny's face. "Please Sunny Bunny wake up....... please!!! Can your hear me...... Sunny please just wake up please."

 

The ambulance's finally turned up and one set of paramedics headed to Tiff and Tae. "They're both breathing but Tae seems unconscious but Tiff over here is already talking." explained Hyo.

 

"Are there anymore people hurt from this car?" he asked.

 

"No but my other friends are probably hurt up there in that car." she said pointing further down the road.

 

"Yes the other paramedics are going to see them now." he assured her.

 

And they did they headed to Hyomin's car. "Are they still alive?" he asked.

 

Soo froze after hearing the question ............. "She couldn't find a pulse on either of them." the man said.

 

The stranger gently pulled Soo back so that the paramedics could check on them. 

 

"They're not dead...... they can't be dead they .........  can't be." Soo said in shock.

 

After a short time another paramedic joined them. "The truck driver was already dead. We couldn't do anything for him. How about these girls?" he asked.

 

"Nope they're already gone too, they probably both died on impact." he said.

 

"No they're not dead." Soo said as she walked over to them again. "They're my friends they can't be dead."

 

"I'm so sorry but they didn't make it." he said as he gently grabbed Soo's arm.

 

"No, no , no, no, no, no, NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" she screamed out at the top of her voice.

 

Hyo heard Soo's screams and ran as fast as she could to her.

 

"What's happening?" Tiff asked the paramedic who was with her.

 

"Don't worry about it, let's just make sure you and your friend are okay." he said not wanting to alarm her.

 

"Soo I'm here what is it, what's wrong?" she asked.

 

After hearing her best friend's voice she burst out into tears. "They're dead..... Sunny, Hyomin both of them ...... they're dead."

 

"What!" Hyo said as she looked at her two friends sitting lifelessly in the car.

 

Soo then let out a loud whaling cry and Hyo wrapped her arms around her best friend tightly. "Are they really dead?" Hyo asked the paramedic.

 

"I'm sorry but yes they're both dead." he replied.

 

"What about Tiff and Tae?" Soo asked.

 

"They're both going to be okay." Hyo said.

 

The paramedic's then pulled both the girls bodies out of the car and laid them out on the road. Soo broke out of Hyo's hug and raced to Sunny's body.

 

She hugged her. "I'm so sorry I couldn't help you. I'm so, so, sorry." she then grabbed Hyomin's hand and Hyo knelt down next to Soo.

 

"Oh my god Hyo what just happened they were both so happy and now..... and now......." Soo said before crawling further away and then she started throwing up.

 

Hyo placed a gentle kiss on both Hyomin and Sunny before going to comfort Soo.

 

"Hey has anybody got a shirt for my friend." Hyo called out to some of the people standing around watching.

 

A man then took his shirt off and handed it to Hyo. "Here she can have my shirt." he offered kindly.

 

"Thanks." she said as she Soo's back until she had finished throwing up. Then she put the shirt on Soo.

 

"Hyoyeon-ah what about Tae......... I mean how will Tae ........how is she going to cope without Sunny huh, how can she possibly cope without her." Soo said sadly.

 

"I have no idea." Hyo said.

 

A police officer walked over to one of the paramedics. "What's the latest?"

 

"They're dead.......... there's three of them............ they're already dead."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes the truck driver and these two girls from this car, they all would of died instantly." he said sadly.

 

"The other ambulance is loading up the other two injured girls to take them to hospital." the police officer said.

 

"We need to go with them." said Hyo.

 

"Okay well come with me and we'll get you to ride with them." he said.

 

"Soo come on let's go in the ambulance with Tae and Tiff."

 

Soo was about to get up before hesitating and looking at Sunny and Hyomin's bodies. "You go with them, I'll stay here."

 

"But Soo there's nothing we can do for them now."

 

"I know but I can just stay here next to them until they......... well until they take them away." Soo said tearfully.

 

"Are you sure you want to stay?" Hyo asked.

 

"Yes i'm sure, quick you better go." she said.

 

Hyo gave Soo a hug. "I love you, I'm so happy I still have you." Hyo said knowing that it could of been her and Soo's dead bodies lying on the road right now.

 

"I love you too." said Soo.

 

Hyo then ran over to the other ambulance. Then one of the paramedics sat down next to Soo. "Are you okay?" he asked.

 

"I was just thinking..... my friend she's a nurse and well if she was here ........ I mean I'm not a nurse or a doctor..... so if I was I could of saved them right?" Soo asked.

 

"Hey you did all that you could for your friends. You couldn't of done anything to save them even if you were a doctor or a nurse. They were alreay gone...... they didn't stand a chance with that massive truck crashing into them like that."

 

"But they were so happy..... like over the moon happy.....they were going to get married." Soo said with tears.

 

"I'm sorry." he said.

 

"Hyomin only just proposed to Sunny ........ like today... like just before this accident...... and they were so happy and so much in love...... this can't be real...... please just tell me it's not real." 

 

"Sometimes horrible things happen and they don't make any sense. Just like now with your friends. I wish it wasn't real but ....... I'm so sorry." he said while trying to comfort Soo.

 

He remained next to Soo and comforted her while they put Sunny and Hyomin's bodies into the body bags. Once they zipped the bags up she froze again in shock realizing once and for all her friends happy faces would no longer be seen ever again.

 

He lifted Soo up off the road. "Hey let's get you off this road." he then helped her walk to the foot path where she sat down and leant against a fence.

 

"The police are calling your friends families now to let them know the tragic news."

 

"Oh......." Soo said sadly.

 

"Can I call somebody for you? Someone should be here with you right now." he said.

 

"Um mmmy mmy girlfriend." Soo stuttered in shock.

 

He took his jacket off and placed it around Soo. He got the phone number off Soo and called Jessi.

 

She heard her phone ringing but was so embarrassed cause everyone was looking at her as the wedding ceremony was still going. She didn't recognise the number so she hung up on the call.

 

He then sent her a text message :

 

Hi,

I'm here with your girlfriend Sooyoung.

She's okay but she really needs someone

to be with her right now. Could you please

call me to find out where to meet her.

 

 

What the hell..., Jessi thought to herself.

 

 

She immediately walked out of the church and called the number. He then informed Jessi about what had happened. She let out a high pitched scream after hearing the news.

 

"Oh my god no, no........ but my Soo's okay right?"

 

"Her car wasn't involved in the accident but she's suffering from shock." he said.

 

"Oh my god....... okay um.....I can't believe they're dead. I really can't believe it........ um could you please tell Soo I'm coming." she said before she ran down the church aisle screaming.

 

"Seohyun-ah............. Seohyun-ah she screamed out in tears."

 

Seo turned towards Jessi who was frantically calling her. "Jessi what's wrong?"

 

Jessi wrapped her arms around Seo tightly before looking her in the eye. "There's been a car accident, Hyo's fine but." she then took a deep breath. "Sunny and......" she choked back tears. "Sunny and Hyomin were..... ki.....they didn't survive the crash."

 

"Huh." Seo said in shock.

 

"They didn't survive the crash. Seo I really can't believe it but they both died ......."

 

"No, no, no, no....... what.... this can't be true." said Seo.

 

"Seohyun-ah I wouldn't joke about something like this now would I?"

 

Tears began to fall from Seo's eyes.

 

"I need to go and see Soo." said Jessi.

 

"Well I'm coming too." she said before turning to Taek.

 

"Of course you need to go, quick go and I'm so sorry." said Taek.

 

Seo and Jessi took off running out of the church. Seo's parents called out to her but she ignored them and kept running.

 

Taek approached Seo's parents and let them know the dreadful news before Taek's parents stormed over angrily.

 

"What's going on. Where'd your daughter go. She's not getting out of this wedding now, they were nearly husband and wife." Taek's mum said.

 

Taek explained everything to his parents.

 

"Well once she's seen her friends she can come back and finish getting married okay."

 

"Are you seriously out of your mind Mother, there's no way Seo will be marrying me today. Two of her close friends were just killed in a car accident and all your worried about is this wedding." he yelled angrily before storming out of the church.

 

"Don't you think the right thing to do would be for your daughter to come back and finish this ceremony."

 

Seo's Mum and Dad looked at one another then back at Taek's Mother. "Look this wedding isn't going ahead. Not today, not tomorrow and not ever." Seo's dad said before they went to leave as well.

 

"Surely you don't mean that." she said.

 

"Oh we mean it, finding out about our daughter's friends precious loss of life makes us realize just how short life is and that we want our Seohyun to be happy. Her happiness is with her girlfriend Hyo and your son's happiness is with his boyfriend Hyuk. You should let him be free to love who he wants to love because that's what we're going to do from now on." said Seo's Mum.

 

 

                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

In the ambulance......

 

Taeyeon had regained consciousness. "Tiff where's Tiff?" she asked in a panic.

 

"I'm right here next to you on the other stretcher." said Tiff.

 

Tae went to lift her head. "Ouch, that hurts." she said

 

"You're going to have a sore head for awhile." said the paramedic.

 

"Here." Hyo said as she grabbed Tae's hand and put it on top of Tiff's hand. The two of them then interlocked their hands.

 

"So is Sunny and Hyomin on their way to the hospital too?" Tae asked.

 

"Hyo's not sure." said Tiff.

 

Hyo didn't have the heart to tell Tae or Tiff the truth about their deaths. Just the thought of telling them brought tears to her eyes.

 

"Their ambulance might beat us there. That truck came out of nowhere though. Why didn't the driver see the red light?" Tae asked.

 

"I wish I knew." said Hyo.

 

"Hyo why are you crying?" Tiff asked.

 

"Um it all happened so quickly and I guess it's all just finally sinking in with me." she said.

 

"I guess they would of got injured though. Like I'm sure Sunny and Hyomin would of got hurt because that truck was huge. Did you get to see them after the crash?" Tae asked.

 

Hyo couldn't look Tae in the eye. She looked down and started to wipe the many tears of her face.

 

"Oh my god Soo's okay isn't she?" Tiff asked.

 

"Yes Soo's um she's okay, our car wasn't crashed in to." 

 

"Um you didn't answer my question, did you see Sunny and Hyomin after the crash?" Tae asked again.

 

 

                   ---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jessi and Seo arrived at the scene of the crash.

 

"SOOYOUNGIE!!!!  Where are you SOOYOUNGIE!!!." Jessi called out desperately.

 

The paramedic stood up. "Over here, she's over here." he yelled.

 

Jessi took her heels off and ran towards Soo.

 

Sooyoung stood up and held her arms out until Jessi reached her and they wrapped their arms around one another tightly.

 

"I can't believe it's true. I really can't believe it's true." said Jessi through her tears.

 

"I couldn't save them .......... it was too late, they were already gone Jessi. I'm so sorry but I couldn't even help them...... I really wanted to help them but......." Soo broke down into tears again.  

 

"Hey baby I know you would of done what ever you could to help them. Of course I know you would of." Jessi said reassuringly.

 

"But what about Tae......... her Sunny's gone..... what about poor Tae." said Soo.

 

"I know baby, she's going to be so upset." said Jessi.

 

Soo then noticed Seo standing near them. "Seohyun-ah..... Hyo went to the hospital with Tae and Tiff. She's not hurt okay?"

 

"Seo you can drive my car there if you want." said Jessi.

 

"I should really get going. We can give you a lift to the hospital." said the paramedic.

 

"Oh really, thank you." said Seo.

 

"What about Yoong and Yuri has anyone told them the news yet?" Soo asked.

 

"I'll call them on my way to the hospital." said Seo.

 

"Thanks Seo. Um Sir I'll just give you your jacket back, thank you for lending it to me." Soo said to the paramedic.

 

"No don't be silly, you need it more than me. I've got more of them at home." he said.

 

"Thanks for looking after me." said Soo.

 

"That's okay but Sooyoung please don't blame yourself for not being able to help your two friends. They were already gone before you even reached them. So promise me you won't blame yourself, okay?" he said.

 

Soo nodded her head at him.

 

Seo then left with him in the ambulance.

 

Jessi and Soo embraced once again for a long emotional hug.

 

 

                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

          

"Why won't you answer my question about Sunny and Hyomin?" Tae asked Hyo.

 

"When we get to the hospital, we'll be sure to find out the latest news on your friends." said the paramedic. Who was trying to give Hyo a bit more time before she would have to break the awful news to them.

 

Once they arrived at the hospital, knowing that Tiff and Tae weren't seriously injured the paramedic asked the nurse to put them into a private room so that Hyo could break the news to them.

 

The nurse put two chairs next to each other then got Tae and Tiff to sit down in them. She left the room and then Hyo walked into the room.

 

She walked over to them slowly and knelt down on the floor in front of their chairs. She reached out for their hands, grabbing Tae's with her left hand and Tiff's with her right.

 

She then looked up at them with many tears rolling down her face.

 

"What's wrong Hyo?" Tiff asked.

 

Hyo looked at her through her tears.

 

"It's bad isn't it? You've got bad news...... just tell us Hyo....... please just tell us?" Tae pleaded.

 

Hyo let out a big sigh. "Sunny and Hyomin..... well ..... they didn't..........they didn't......... um I'm so sorry but..... they didn't survive the accident. I'm really, really sorry but...... they both passed away." ...............