Testing Times

The Revolving Door

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

I wanted this night to be just about her but now she's racing off to help Soo. Aigoo Yoong, just who is it that you really want, thought Yuri.

 

Jessi opened the door to let Yoona in.

 

"Thanks for coming to help. Soo really wanted to leave the hospital and they didn't get to redress her wound but they gave us all the stuff to do it." Jessi explained.

 

"Too easy I'll do it." Yoona offered happily.

 

"She's just sitting on the sofa." said Jessi.

 

They walked to the lounge room.

 

"Hey how's the patient going?" Yoona asked.

 

"Hi Yoong, I'm okay but my head is still really sore."

 

"Well I'm not surprised with that lump on your head. You're just lucky they didn't need to put stitches in or they would of shaved some of your hair off."

 

"After the black eye and this lump, I think Jessi would of dumped me if I had my hair shaved as well." said Soo.

 

"Maybe." Jessi said cheekily.

 

Yoona laughed. "Well I'm sure if Jessi dumped you there'd be lots of other girls lining up for you."

 

"Don't tell her that Yoona she'll get a big head."

 

Soo smiled. "I've got this awful lump on my head I don't think my head could get much bigger."

 

"Well it's lucky that I lo... I like you so much then." Jessi said before give her a soft kiss.

 

Soo smiled brightly at her. "You nearly said that you loved me."

 

"What? No you must of injured your ears when the car hit you as well." Jessi grinned.

 

"I know that you don't love me yet anyway cause if you did you'd go to the effort of cooking your special Sooyoungie a meal." she poked her tongue out at Jessi.

 

"You're not going to let that go are you?"

 

"Nope." Soo smiled.

 

"Actually I should go out and grab us some dinner. Um Yoona would you mind staying here with Soo while I get some food?"

 

"No that's fine."

 

"How about you have you eaten?" Jessi asked.

 

"Yes I had dinner already."

 

"Just get some more for Yoong too cause she'll eat some more I'm sure." Soo smiled.

 

Jessi left to get the food.

 

"Soo you look really sore are you sure you still want to meet for breakfast tomorrow?"

 

"Yes I still need to eat and I like hanging out with you."

 

"Your Mum and Hyo told me that you wanted me to be your new best friend." Yoona smiled.

 

"Haha they told you huh? Hyo wanted to punch me when I said that. But I can have more than one best friend right?"

 

"Yes you can if one of them is me." Yoona grinned.

 

"Well you and I hit it off from the very first moment we met. I think you're great best friend material." Soo smiled.

 

"Thanks and so are you." Yoona smiled but deep down she knew Soo had just confined her to the friend zone and Yoona wanted to be so much more than that.

 

"So Yoongie there's something I wanted to talk to you about but I'll wait until I'm not so sore. Maybe sometime next week I'll take you out for dinner because I've got a work proposition for you."

 

"A work proposition hey? Well if it's means you're taking me out for dinner than I'm willing to listen to your proposition." Yoona smiled.

 

"Good, so how are you and Yuri going?"

 

"Um really good she spoilt me tonight, cooking me dinner and giving me a massage and some other things." Yoona smiled.

 

"Tonight!! Yoong why did you leave your romantic dinner with Yuri to come here?" Soo asked.

 

"Because you needed my help."

 

"Jessi and I would of managed to do it by ourselves. I appreciate you coming to help me but you need to get back to Yuri now. She's gone to all that effort to make the night special for you and now you're here with me. She'll start feeling jealous again Yoong."

 

"Oh I didn't think of that. Um I'll apologize to her when I get back but I'm not leaving you here alone. When Jessi gets back I'll go back to Yuri okay?"

 

"Okay."

 

 

Seo and Hyo.......

 

 

Seohyun was about to go meet Taekwoon, the boy that her parents had arranged for her to marry.

 

"You're going to come with me arn't you?"

 

"No way that would be so awkward." said Hyo.

 

"So what if he tries to make a move on me?"

 

"Wait I'm coming, I'll just grab my jacket." Hyo said. Feeling like she wanted to go now cause she didn't want anyone touching her girl.

 

Hyo drove her to a local cafe to meet him. 

 

"Are you really going to just sit in the car and watch us?" asked Seo.

 

"Yep if he lays a hand on you then I'll get out and sort him out."

 

Seo knew what he looked like because he went to the same church as her. He was already waiting for her.

 

"Hello Taekwoon, do you remember me from church?" 

 

"Yes hello Seohyun. Here please sit down." he said as he pulled the seat out for her to sit on.

 

"This is really awkward. I'm actually really upset with my parents for arranging a marriage for me." said Seo.

 

"Oh really, good because I'm angry at my parents too."

 

"To be honest I'm kind of with somebody already." said Seo.

 

"Me too. I was worried that you might want to marry me and I was so nervous about what to say to you. My parents approached your parents about this marriage because they don't approve of my current relationship." 

 

"Why don't they approve?" Seo asked.

 

"Because I have a boyfriend and they want me to have a girlfriend."

 

"I see well I have a girlfriend so we're kind of in similar positions I guess."

 

They continued talking for a while then decided to go ahead with the plan Soo had suggested.

 

"I'll see my parents tonight and start on them." said Seo.

 

"I'll do the same with mine but Seohyun just to warn you, my parents are stubborn and once they've made their minds up about something it hard to get them to change their minds."

 

 

Yoona and Yuri.....

 

 

Once Jessi came back Yoona returned to Yuri's apartment.

 

"Hey I'd almost given up on you coming back." said Yuri.

 

"Yul I'm so sorry. It was really rude of me to take off like that. You went to so much trouble for me and I took off on you. Can you forgive me?" 

 

"I think I might be able to forgive you if you kiss me right now." Yul smiled.

 

"That I can definitely manage." Yoona smiled before sharing a long romantic kiss with her.

 

"So how's Soo?"

 

"She's still really sore."

 

"Will she be okay to have breakfast with us tomorrow?"

 

"She says she will be."

 

"Okay well how about you and I have an early night. If you like we could do something in bed before we sleep?"

 

"I think I'd like to do something in bed with you before we sleep." Yoona smiled cheekily.

 

 

In the morning......

 

 

As planned Soo, Jessi, Yoona and Yuri went to the cafe for breakfast. Yoona sat across from Soo and tried not to make her feelings for her obvious. She tried to look at Yuri most of the time instead of Soo even though she really wanted to look at Soo.

 

Later in the morning Sunny drove Hyomin to the alcohol recovery centre. As soon as Hyomin and Sunny got out of the car they both started tearing up.

 

"I know it's going to be hard Baby but you need to do this." said Sunny.

 

"I'm going to get better Sunny and not just for me but for you too."

 

Sunny then hugged her tightly. "I want us to be together again. It's all up to you now. Honestly you can't do this for me Baby, you have to do it for yourself. It's the only way you can beat this addiction."

 

"Okay I'll do it for me. I'll get out of here eventually so can you please wait for me Cutie, please?"

 

"You know I'll wait for you. No matter how long it takes. I love you Baby..... I love you so much so of course I'll wait for you." Sunny said before they shared a long kiss.

 

 

Five days later........

 

 

"I don't get why it's only you and Soo going to dinner?" Yul asked.

 

"I already told you she's got a work proposition she wants to talk to me about." said Yoona.

 

"But you're a nurse and she's a photographer what could the proposition possibly be?"

 

"Yul I'll tell you all about it when I get back okay."

 

"But why does she have to take you out to do it? Can't she just ask you over the phone or at your apartment?"

 

"I guess she wants to do it officially. You're not getting jealous again are you?" Yoona asked.

 

"No of course I'm not." said Yul. She knew she was telling a huge lie cause she was feeling jealous because Yoona hadn't stopped talking about the dinner ever since she found out about it.

 

"Good, well I better get going. If it's not too late when I get back, I'll give you a call." Yoona said before giving Yul a goodbye kiss.

 

She met Soo near the revolving door.

 

"Hi Yoongie."

 

"Hello wow it's the old Soo back."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Well you don't have a black eye or a lump on your head anymore." Yoona smiled.

 

"Thank goodness for that." Soo smiled.

 

"You know I'm really curious about what your proposition is."

 

"Well let's get going so I can tell you what it is." Soo smiled.

 

Soo then drove her to a Chinese restaurant nearby. They sat at a table then ordered their meals.

 

"So what is it?" Yoona asked excitedly.

 

"So what is what?" Soo stirred her up knowing that Yoona was curious to know.

 

"Soo come on just tell me already."

 

"Okay fine Miss Impatient." Soo smiled. "Now I don't want you to take what I'm about to say the wrong way because as you know I have a girlfriend so I'll just say it."

 

This had Yoona even more interested.

 

"So I know you have a mirror at home so it should come as no surprise to you when I tell you how beautiful you are, and it's because of your beauty that I wondered if you would be interested in an opportunity to be a model for a catalogue I need to shoot for a fashion designer?"

 

She thinks I'm beautiful......wow she actually thinks I'm beautiful, thought Yoona.

 

"Um you're not talking so does that mean you're not interested?" Soo asked.

 

"No I was just surprised that you would ask me. Soo I've never done any modelling before. I wouldn't have any idea what to do."

 

"But I'd be the photographer I could show you what you need to do."

 

"Really you wouldn't mind showing me. Won't it be frustrating for you. Why don't you just use a professional model?" 

 

"I've already got the shoot planned out in my head and well I think your body type and look would be perfect for this."

 

"Um I don't know?"

 

"Just say yes Yoongie. I know you love being a nurse but I think you could make some huge money by modelling part time." said Soo.

 

"You really think so?"

 

"Yes I do. There's a catch though." said Soo.

 

"Oh what's the catch?"

 

"This catalogue is a big one and you'd need to take a long time off from your work. Do you think that's possible?" 

 

"How long?"

 

"Well the photoshoot is in Paris and it'll probably take around two months."

 

"Wow Paris and seriously two months?" 

 

"I haven't even told Jessi that I'm going away yet. She hated it when Seungie went away so I don't think she'll be very happy with me going away too." said Soo.

 

"I didn't think that you travelled away for your photo shoots?"

 

"No I never have but I turned down a big opportunity for me before with Seungie in Paris and I think I'd be crazy to turn this offer down."

 

"How would you cope being away from Jessi that long?"

 

"Not very well, that's why I was kind of hoping you'd be with me. Then I wouldn't feel so lonely." said Soo.

 

"Two months is a long time and you're putting your job on the line by getting an amataur like me to do the job."

 

"Yes it's a long time away but I have no doubt that you would be great at this. I believe in you." said Soo.

 

Oh my god a chance to be with Soo for two months. How could I possibly turn that down, thought Yoona.

 

"Um let me think about it Soo. When do you need an answer by?"

 

"Yesterday." Soo grinned. "How about by tomorrow?" 

 

"Um okay I'll let you know." said Yoona.

 

 

Seo and Hyo......

 

 

"This is just going from bad to worse. Both my parents and his parents know we don't want to get married and they don't care. Hyo what will I do?"

 

"Surely they can't make you do it. Just keep putting the wedding date back." 

 

"Our parents are meeting tomorrow night without us to pick out a date."

 

"This is not the olden days why are they taking over your life like this?" asked Hyo.

 

"I don't know...... I guess they don't want me to bring the family name to shame."

 

"Why just because you're gay?"

 

"I guess."

 

"But Seo most of our friends are gay so why is it such a problem for your parents when our friends parents don't have a problem with them being gay?"

 

"I think it's more Taekwoon's parents that have the problem with him being gay and my parents are just doing it to please them." Seo explained.

 

"Well it's crap....... an arranged marriage seriously. I thought this problem would go away but it's not and I'm starting to get worried that you really are going to have to marry this guy." Hyo said with concern.

 

 

Jessi and Soo......

 

 

Once Soo got back from dinner with Yoona, she decided she couldn't put off telling Jessi about her Paris photo shoot any longer.

 

Jessi opened the door. "Yay you're back, I missed you Sooyoungie." she said before kissing Soo softly.

 

"Come with me let's sit on the sofa together." Soo grabbed her hand and walked her to the sofa.

 

Soo sat down and Jessi sat next to her.

 

"So I've got this big photo shoot coming up and it's kind of somewhere else." said Soo.

 

"Somewhere else? What do you mean somewhere else?"

 

"Like in Paris."

 

"What for like a week or something?" Jessi asked.

 

"No more like two months."

 

"Are you kidding me. Soo I just broke up with Seungie because she was never home and now you're telling me that you're going away too."

 

"I'm sorry but it's such a great opportunity for me."

 

"You never do shoots away. You told me that yourself and yet now that we've started dating you decide to finally take a shoot away. What's with that?" she asked angrily.

 

"I've always wanted to do a shoot in Paris and I turned down my first one and I kind of regretted it so I don't want to regret not doing this one."

 

"Fine I wouldn't want you to regret not doing a shoot in Paris again but I really hope you don't regret not having me as your girlfriend anymore."

 

"What?"

 

"You heard me, if you go to Paris we're through. I'm not doing this long distance thing again. It's too hard Soo...... I just can't do it again." Jessi said with tears.

 

"But I don't want us to break up. I thought you really liked me but just like that you're willing to end it." Soo said as tears fell down her face.

 

"I don't want to end it but you're leaving me no choice."

 

"No you have a choice and your choice is not me. Why can't you wait two months for me huh? I would wait two months for you." Soo said feeling upset.

 

"No Soo I'm not waiting around for anyone anymore. It hurts too much. If you go to Paris I'll break up with you. Then when you come back if we're both still single then we can think about getting together again."

 

"NO!! If you can't wait two months for me now, then there's no way I would come back to you even if we were both single." Soo said before storming out of the penthouse..........