FOURTY-FIVE

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story

NO POV
Like any other CNBlue concert she had seen while she was in Seoul, Misa most definitely enjoyed their concert in her very own town and most definitely enjoyed it even more after she finally confessed her feelings for Yonghwa to her mother who to her surprise took it a whole lot better than she expected she would. No reason to be awkward around Yonghwa anymore and no reason to hide her feelings any longer either. Nonetheless, Misa was not ready to confess up to her friends just yet that they were more than friends who coincidentally met in Seoul, but she would tell them when the time was right. Most importantly, they had themselves a very good time and did not want it to end. The boys had a whole lot more energy on stage than she remembered making it even more memorable. You could tell the boys had themselves a very good time and promised their Indian fans to be back with a world tour. With Misa having a good time seeing her CNBlue boys once again, Jamie and Jonghyun returned to Seoul together after Jamie finally got all the documents she needed to get married. She was definitely exhausted from all the traveling between continents and was more than happy to be going back to Seoul with her fiance not ever looking back of returning ever again. Returning to a place she was going to call home, even if she didn’t see the apartment that Jonghyun bought in person just until the day she arrived. The two love birds unpacked and moved into their new crib focussing on the wedding which now was only a few little days away.
 



**** a few weeks later ****

NO POV
Nearly four weeks have passed and everything started going back to normal for both Misa and Jamie. Misa hung out with her local friends a little more and worked as much as she could, Jamie was busy planning her wedding making sure that every little thing would be perfect. She bought her dream dress in Los Angeles together with Misa, Sodam and her agent and finally settled into her new home she was sharing with Jonghyun. Luckily things were about to slow down with the wedding only two days away and Jamie was clearly anticipating to see her best friend again after two weeks and insisted on picking her up from the airport while Jonghyun had a meeting where and the rest of the SHINee members were involved.

With a big smile plastered on her face Jamie quickly checked herself in the mirror correcting her white shirt she was wearing tucking it in a little into her jeans in the front and tied her hair in a high ponytail before throwing on a sand colored cardigan and ankle boots. Jamie was in such a good mood to see Misa again and she were so happy out of everything else that she was going to be with her on her big day. Quickly Jamie grabbed her purse, phone and car keys after she put her sunglasses on and headed to her car to pick up her bestie from the airport since she was expected to land in two and a half hours from now and Jamie definitely did not want to run late. After a little traffic and driving for two hours, Jamie finally reached the airport and parked the car the best place she could. She didn’t care less it was a paid parking spot. It was the closest to the arrival area. Impatiently Jamie checked her watch and noticed there were still ten minutes left and decided to get herself a bottle of water and sat herself down in one of the benches near the exit where she was going to expect her best friend to come through hopefully soon.

Finally, twenty minutes later, Misa came through the exit pushing her cart in front of her with what seemed to be a lot of suitcases for just a regular stay. “Misaaaaa” Jamie cheered greeting her best friend with the biggest hug she has given anyone, apart from Jonghyun of course. “Unniii, it is so good to see you” Misa smiled hugging her friend tightly. “Unni you look so radiant. You look so good. And happy”. Jamie smiled at the compliments she was given. “Thank you. I do feel good. Just a little nervous” and smiled throwing her purse over her shoulder. “No kidding. You’re almost getting married. I am so happy for you guys and I am so excited to be a part of it” Misa cheered pushing her cart forward. Jamie smiled “You keep saying that and hey, I can’t get married without you silly. You were the one pushing me to go on that date with Jonghyun remember. God, if I never listened to you” Misa rolled her eyes “Yah, you wouldn’t be pregnant with two beautiful babies and you wouldn’t be Mrs Kim in two days. Don’t go there. Just say thank you” Jamie grinned and hugged her best friend again. “Thank you Misa. I owe you” and let go again. “First let me treat you something to drink. We still have more than two hours of driving back and I would make a really bad host if I didn’t treat you for something to drink before we leave. It’s my treat” Jamie insisted. “Unni, you really don’t have to do that. I can buy myself a bottle of water” Misa interrupted in which Jamie ignored and shook her head. “No please! You came all this way to be on my wedding. It’s the least I can do. Come on”. Misa rolled her eyes again and gave in. “Okay” and followed her friend to a Starbucks nearby and treated themselves with iced tea.

“Thanks for this delicious drink” Misa smiled sipping on her straw while she was pushing the cart in between. “What’s up with all the suitcases though? You really took a lot of stuff with you for just a week” Jamie blinked while she unlocked the trunk. “Well...I didn’t exactly tell you just yet and since I only heard a few days ago, I decided I should tell you in person” Misa started pulling the suitcases of the cart. “I got accepted into the university and now I will be staying for at least a year” Misa sing-songed. “Oh my gosh. Misa! Really?” Jamie asked in disbelief ready to hug her friend again. Misa nodded “Yes! It’s amazing right?” Jamie nodded “Yea it is. That is good news. How did your parents take it?”. “Surprisingly well. I had a very good conversation with my mom first and also my dad a few days after that and ever since they have been so supportive of me by letting me do this. They even allow me to date Yonghwa even when they insisted they want to meet him personally a few more times before we do anything serious. Not that I will move as fast as you” Misa grinned as soon as that left . “But you know what I mean. I want to make sure he is the right man for me and I want my parents to like and approve him too you know”. Jamie just stood there blinking her eyes helping throwing the suitcases in the trunk. “Wow, that’s big. I told you talk to your parents”. Misa nodded and sighed “Yap and you also told me they wouldn’t be as bad as I thought they would be. I am glad I took your advise”. Jamie smiled closing the trunk. “Hey I am here for you and if that means giving you big sister like advise, I will. Do you have a place to stay though?”


Both Jamie and Misa got in the car and buckled themselves in before Jamie installed her phone on the handsfree holder. “I do, but I need to overlap two weeks before I can move into the dorm. Term won’t start until two weeks from now” Misa explained. “Well in that case, you can stay with us if you want” Jamie offered while put the key in the ignition. “Unni really, I don’t want to be a burden to you guys. Besides aren’t you guys going to be on honeymoon?”. Jamie smiled looking to her right. “Of course we will be on our honeymoon even when I don’t have a clue where we are going, but that doesn’t matter. You’re family to me and I would love for you to stay with us until you can move in. Leaves you some privacy when we are not around. Really it’s not a big deal and you’re always welcome to stay” Jamie assured her worried friend who was nervously playing with her hands. “Thanks but I really don’t want to be invading” Misa sighed feeling as if she was being too much for you around the house. “Misa please. You’re not invading and we have a guest room. You don’t have to pay for a hotel or something if you can stay with us. Besides me and Jonghyun will be away for nine days after the wedding so you practically have the apartment to yourself. It’s really okay” Jamie insisted one more time. “Unni you have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you. And Jonghyun of course but he isn’t here” Misa grinned while Jamie drove the car backwards before heading back the apartment she has been calling home.

After driving for two hours and fifteen minutes, Jamie drove her car into the garage and they both stepped out. “This area looks nice” Misa smiled closing the door while Jamie opened the trunk starting to pull one of the suitcases out. “No unni, you shouldn’t be lifting on your own. You will hurt yourself” she insisted and quickly helped her pregnant friend. Jamie grinned “I am not handicapped you know”. Misa rolled her eyes “Maybe not but I don’t want you to break your back either. These suitcases are pretty heavy” she continued helping with the last suitcase before Jamie closed the trunk and grabbed one of the suitcases to pull behind her. “It’s okay and I’m okay” she smiled while Misa just followed her best friend to the elevator which took them to the fourth floor where Jamie and Jonghyun lived. It looked so new and modern to Misa she couldn’t help and take a look around. “There are only two houses on each floor?” Misa asked since she only noticed a number eight across the door they were standing and Jamie was about to unlock. “Yes” Jamie smiled. “Come in” she sing-songed while they were welcomed by an overly excited Roo shaking her tail. “Ahw, hiiiiii” Misa smiled going through her knees after she closed the door behind her. Excitedly Roo wiggled her tail and Misa’s hands while she pet her. “She’s such a sweet doggie” Misa giggled and picked Roo up. “I think we will need to walk her in a bit. She’s been by herself for five hours now I think” Jamie coughed lightly while she put her purse, sunglasses, phone and cardigan down after she took off her shoes.

Misa too took her shoes off as well as her coat and followed Jamie into the spacious dining room and kitchen that was pretty much right next to the hallway. “Nice place” Misa murmured as she was looking around scanning the dining area which had a big dining table that seat six people, a pretty big open kitchen and headed right into the living room once she passed the kitchen table which also look so spacious and big. You definitely wouldn’t tell it was as big as it is from the outside. The house looked so bright and warm it made Misa feel right at home. “Unni your house is so pretty. Who’s idea was it to make it look like this?” Jamie grinned “Well actually it was Jonghyun’s idea. I mean I wasn’t even around when he bought this apartment and I only told him I always wanted an open kitchen and a big bed with a big closet. He kept his word”. “Really? Jonghyun has taste then. Now that’s quite surprising” Misa chuckled and sat herself down in the couch and scanned the living room while she was petting Roo who made herself comfortable in her lap. “It’s pretty big really. You have a second floor?” Misa asked since she noticed the stairs. “Yup” Jamie answered from the kitchen while she was preparing tea for the both of them. “We have two bigger bedrooms down here as well as the bathroom and there is the guest room and Jonghyun’s studio upstairs” she explained bringing the hot cups of tea putting them down on the table.

“Wow. It really looks so big. I didn’t know it was two stores” Misa grinned grabbing her cup of tea. “Yea neither did I until I moved in here. You know the guest room is pretty big too and Jonghyun’s studio has a smaller room next to it as well. Which is currently where all the junk is stored we still need to clean up”. Misa nodded “Well it seems that Jonghyun have thought about everything didn’t he?” she chuckled sipping her tea “Looks like he wants a big family”. “Yea we will see about that one. The place is big enough for it for sure, but right now I would like to stick with our twins who aren’t even born yet” Jamie chuckled. “I can show you around if you like? I will ask Jonghyun to put the suitcases up as soon as he’s home”. Misa nodded “Okay. I am curious now how the rest of the place looks like” and gladly followed her best friend Jamie who took the lead and showed the ground floor which also had a pretty big comfortable bathroom with a laundry stall next to it where it has a dryer and washing machine. The bathroom had a big tub with glass doors and a small walk in shower and two sinks which was all made of marble. Right next to the bathroom was the master bedroom which was huge and definitely had a big bed and closet in it and sure looked comfortable too and across it had two other bedrooms which were equally big and looked plain white yet to be decorated. The living room had a big sliding door of super safe glass which opened to a pretty big covered balcony which had plenty of space to sit and for the twins to play. Jonghyun really made sure that everything was baby proof since you were expecting.

Last but not least Misa followed Jamie up the stairs where the guest room was which also had a smaller bathroom with shower and toilet attached to it. And lastly across there indeed was a big room that was Jonghyun’s studio. “Does he spend a lot of time in here?” Misa asked glancing around since it didn’t really much look like a studio yet. “He hasn’t really yet. I mean he goes here mostly to write his music when he can’t sleep but it’s his space so he should do with it whatever he wants. He doesn’t really even know what to do with it yet himself” Jamie laughed. “Basically he said he might change his mind as soon as the twins are here. He wants to make a play room or something. We don’t know yet really. This is basically it” Jamie chuckled. “Yah your house is huge. I mean it’s not massive but it eyes big because it’s so bright in here and still has enough space for you to live as a family. It’s great”. Jamie nodded “Yea these are relatively new apartments and are meant for families really. There is a school nearby too which is perfect. It’s a nice place in a nice area so I think we will be good here”. “Definitely” Misa agreed and followed Jamie back into the living room taking the stairs and sat back down in the couch.

“Does Yonghwa even know you’re here?” Jamie asked since her friend hasn’t really mentioned it just yet. Misa grinned “He doesn’t know just yet but he does know I arrived today”. “You are gonna tell him right?” Jamie asked staring at her best friend sitting across from her. “Of course. I wanted to tell him face to face and not over the phone. I only have been knowing this for a week myself and I knew I was coming here for your wedding and since he’ll be there too, I might as well just tell him personally no?” Misa explained in which Jamie smiled. “Yes you’re right. Can I get you something to drink? Water? Tea? Coffee?”. Just when Jamie wanted to get up and head into the kitchen, someone was at the door. “Oh, who could that be” Jamie murmured while she checked the little monitor to see who was at their door and soon realized it was Yonghwa and grinned. “Hiya, I’ll buzz you right in” Jamie answered as she pressed the button to open the door for Mr. Jung. “Can I have a tea? I don’t really drink coffee” Misa replied walking into the kitchen as well. “Unni you really are skinny for a woman who’s having twins” and playfully pulled your t-shirt tighter around your waist but didn’t really see anything apart from a bloated looking belly, but you wouldn’t tell. Jamie grinned in amusement “Yea I have heard this a few times. I don’t know why either. They are hiding there somewhere” she chuckled. “Even though you don’t see it, I did gain weight so my scale ain’t lying about that one”. Misa burst out in a laugh when the door rang a second time. “Misa can you get the door? You can let him in” Jamie asked while she was busy making fresh tea. “Sure!” Misa sing-songed and stumbled to the front door on her kitty socks.

“Heeeeyyy” Misa smiled like an idiot when she found the guy she could finally call her boyfriend publicly standing in front of her holding a bouquet of lilies. Her favorite flowers. “Surprise!” Yonghwa smirked before he leaned in and kissed his girl. “I missed you” Misa squealed throwing her arms around his neck and pecked his cheek. “You are happy” Yonghwa chuckled closing the door behind him stealing another kiss from Misa. “You look healthy and beautiful. Now that makes me happy” the gentleman confessed in which Misa giggled making her blush at least a little bit. “I don’t want to worry you. Thank you for coming to see me. Wait how did you know I was here?” Misa wondered letting go and held onto his manly muscled arm instead. “I did” Jamie shouted from the kitchen who was pouring the fresh tea into cups preparing one for Yonghwa too. Yonghwa took off his shoes and followed Misa into the kitchen before he put the flowers down. “He got you flowers” Jamie sing-songed poking her friend’s arm before taking out a vase from the cabinet putting them in the water. “Yes and my favorite ones too” Misa sing-songed smelling one of the flowers before Yonghwa stepped behind her and took her off guard when he threw his arms around her shoulders. Misa couldn’t stop smiling and attempted to take a sip from her tea after she put a bit of honey in it. “I missed you so so much” Yonghwa whispered kissing her head before he let go of her and added some honey too his tea too.

Quietly Jamie, Misa and Yonghwa went back into the living room making themselves comfortable in the couch and especially Jamie made herself right at home pulling her legs onto the couch too. “I missed your hair” Misa chuckled as she ran her fingers through his hair which seemed a little short. Yonghwa looked up since he was sitting on the fluffy carpet in front of Misa. “Just my hair?” Misa blinked and shook her head “Don’t worry I missed you too. You did go to the hairdresser didn’t you?”. Yonghwa ran his hand through his hair too. “Yes I did. Usually no one really notice” he murmured sounding surprised taking a sip from his tea. While they were having a conversation Roo rushed into the hallway and short after they heard the front door closing. “Aigoo, where is mommy? Where is mommy?” Jonghyun murmured petting Roo taking off his shoes walking into the kitchen straight for the fridge to take out a bottle of water and sipped it down until it was halfway empty before he walked into the living room finding more than just his fiance having a conversation and waved. Jamie looked up and definitely thought her fiance was looking pretty tired. “Are you okay?” Jamie asked not sure what to make of his facial expression. “There is nothing for you to worry about” Jonghyun assured her sitting in the couch right next to her. “Okay mommy?” he then smirked pecking her lips. “You just say that because you don’t want me to worry”. Jonghyun shook his head and stretched himself tilting his head back “It’s been an exhausting and long meeting” and sat up straight again. “Just the usual. They just dragged it on and on which was making all of us a little annoyed” he assured his worried looking fiance and yawned holding his hand in front of his mouth.

Jamie just sat there staring at him not entirely convinced of what he just said. “Hey and who cares because right now all I want to think about right now is you and these two little ones in here” Jonghyun whispered leaning closer to Jamie rubbing his hand over her bloated looking belly and pecked her cheek. Misa shrugged because she thought it was so cute. “You guys are so affectionate” Misa added finishing her tea. “Aren’t we too?” Yonghwa smirked surprising Misa with a kiss on the cheek leaving her flustered cheeks. “What would you guys like to eat for dinner?” Jamie asked putting her mug down looking at her fiance before moving her eyes to Misa and Yonghwa. “We could order in or we can just eat out?” Jonghyun suggested running his fingers through his hair. “Are you sure? You look tired” Jamie replied leaning closer towards Jonghyun snaking her arms around his waist. “Baby it’s okay. I am not that tired. I’ll just wash up and I’ll be good to go” Jonghyun assured his worried looking fiance kissing her temple. Jamie couldn’t help but smile “Okay. Eating out it is” and leaned in pecking Jonghyun’s lips before she dropped her head onto his shoulder closing her eyes for a few seconds. “Yah, are you going to sleep here and now?” Jonghyun chuckled when he noticed Jamie’s eyes closed. “I am not sleeping” Jamie pouted opening her eyes again. Jonghyun just smirked smiling from one ear to the other and couldn’t resist to peck her lips either. “I’ll go wash up and change these clothes” he added getting up from the couch. “I’ll come with you” Jamie insisted getting up from the couch too and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind and followed Jonghyun to their bedroom. “Right” Misa murmured putting her empty cup down too. “I will quickly change into something else too. You’ll wait here no?” she smiled at Yonghwa still sitting next to her. “Of course” and planted a small kiss on her lips. “I’ll wait right here” he grinned tapping on the couch behind him.