TWENTY-SEVEN

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

MISA’S POV

It wasn't long before the elevator made it to the ground floor and the two of you stepped out and headed to Yonghwa's car before the two of you got in and made your way to the Starbucks. Fortunately the second you arrived and walked in, you didn't seem to find Jamie and Jonghyun anywhere, meaning you were clearly early. "I guess they're not here yet" you sing-songed scanning the café for a good place to sit down and decided to go with one of the square tables in the back that seated four. "There" you added while Yonghwa followed you to the table. "Are we this early?" you asked as you sat down while Yonghwa glanced quickly at his watch. "We're not that early though. It's only ten before ten" and pulled a chair yet deciding if he wanted to sit down or not. "Well since the lovebirds are not here yet and we'll have to wait. Is there anything I can get you?" You let out a sigh "Uhm…a tea would be good, thanks". "Anything to eat with it?" Yonghwa asked to make sure you would eat something. At least he made an attempt to. You shook your head instead. "No thanks. Just tea will do" and gave him a convincing smile to go with it. "Alright. Give me five" Yonghwa smiled ily at you making it almost look as if he winked and found yourself staring at his profile as a result. 'Gosh he's so tall. And so distractingly handsome' she thought checking him out from head to toe before she was cut out of her daydreaming startled when you received a text message from your dearest friend Jamie. "We're almost there. Hope you guys aren't waiting too long. X Jamie". You shrugged while Yonghwa returned to the table putting down the hot beverages for you and himself before he too sat down. "What's the laughing all about?" he wondered now sitting right next to you. You smiled. "That was Jamie. They're on their way. She just happened to text me". "That was about time" Yonghwa joked. "Here's your tea ma'am" and pushed the big cup of tea towards you. "Thank you" you smiled at the good smelling guy sitting next to you taking a big sip. "AH! Just what I need to start the morning" you mumbled closing your eyes to enjoy the moment. Yonghwa did the same taking a big sip from his coffee he felt as if he really needed it.

 

"Are you sure you don't want to eat something?" Yonghwa asked putting the cup down giving you the serious kind of expression as if he was worried you would starve. Again you shook your head. "No I'm fine. But thank you anyway. If I get hungry I will let you know okay?" you convinced him. Yonghwa shrugged "Okay, but at least I asked" and took a second bigger sip from his well needed coffee. "Have you been into a recording studio before?" Yonghwa asked casually while your eyes grew big in bewilderment. "Me? No! Why?" "Because I thought maybe you'd like to see how it all works?" he added somewhat convincingly. "Today?" Yonghwa nodded. "Yes today! We have some recording to do today and I thought maybe you'd like to see it?" You blinked somewhat doubtful not expecting to be invited to such a private and intimate working environment. "But I don't want to be interfering your work". Yonghwa gave you one of his y killer smiles again. "You're not interfering anything. Besides. You'll be the first one to see us record apart from everyone present in the recording studio. And second of all, our manager is totally okay with it. I already sort of told him you were coming. You can't let manager down by not coming with me right?" he teased you a little. You shrugged "Okay, okay! I will come" you finally gave in after Yonghwa's convincing speech. "I can't wait to see what that's like. I didn't know you guys were preparing new music?" Yonghwa chuckled "We're actually in the works of a new album, so, ssshhhttt. It's inside info you just got". You shrugged "I feel special now". "You should be" Yonghwa smirked taking a bigger sip from his coffee this time.

 

JAMIE’S POV

While Yonghwa and Misa already left to Starbucks, you and Jonghyun were getting yourselves ready. You didn't notice your boyfriend coming back last night so you must have fallen asleep somehow? "Good morning" you whispered kissing Jonghyun's muscular shoulder while you hugged him from behind meeting him in the bathroom. "Good morning sleeping beauty" Jonghyun smirked turning his head to look at you. "I'm sorry I fell asleep" you apologized stepping from behind to take a glass of water since nausea seemed to be your best friend again this morning. "It's okay baby. You were exhausted. The most important thing right now is that you feel better than yesterday. Do you?" Jonghyun asked planting a kiss on your cheek after he cornered you against the sink. You nodded. "I do" and put the glass down wrapping your arms around your boyfriend's neck. "How did it go with the manager?" you asked your eyes firmly fixed on his. He let out a sigh. "You really want to know?" and tucked your blond hair behind your ear. "Why? Was it that bad? It was about me wasn't it?" Jonghyun let out another sigh clearly not planning to upset you. "I'm not going to lie to you, so yes it was. Somehow, someway he knows you're pregnant. God knows who told him that". You shook your head in disbelief. "How? Nobody really knows other than me and you right?" Jonghyun shook his head. "Baby the guys know too, but they would never do such thing. No way they would go behind my back and tell our manager". "Jong, what are we going to do? The world will know about it before we can even do something about it ourselves?" you panicked. "More reasons to say nasty things about me". "Baby don't say that" Jonghyun whispered rubbing your arms. "They are! Us dating is out there everywhere and nobody likes it. I've seen the nasty comments they write here and there okay? And I am sure whenever this comes out before we can come forward with it ourselves, it'll be all my fault. It all happened on purpose just to make sure you would stay with me. It's harsh" you confessed while emotions got the best of you.

 

Jonghyun closed his eyes pulling you into his arms. "Baby, I don't care what they say about you. Some comments are harsh and nasty, yes. But they don't know you. I've had to face these nasty comments too, but you know what? I don't care anymore. I know better and so do you. Don't let these comments get to you. It's hard and it's easy for me to say, but they don't deserve it. Besides, nothing they write will change my mind about you. Hope you know that much" he whispered caressing your cheeks with his thumbs. "The world won't know until we're okay for them to know. The agency will make sure of that and so will I. Don't stress about this. Didn't I tell you everything's going to be alright?" you nodded because he said so several times and you knew he was right about it too. "Let them talk ok? We both know better than them. All that matters is you and me! Fans will always be jealous one way or another. It comes with the territory of dating me". "I know! It's just that…this is not how I want things to be for you. You're the one who gets to deal with it every day. I just don't think it's fair". "Baby, don't worry about me. I'll handle it". Jonghyun assured you leaning in to kiss you. "Don't let them upset you okay?" You let out a sigh knowing he was more than right and it made you feel as if you acted like a child. "Focus on you and this baby. You two right now are my number one priority no matter what comes out of this. And you…" he paused with a big smile on his face "…Need to let me handle the rest ok? Stress is for me and not you. I don't know why you're on your toes so much, and you probably have a good reason for it, but all I want you to focus on right now is being a mommy and do what the doctor says. I want you to enjoy the pregnancy without too much stress and I will be enjoying it together with you" Jonghyun assured you pressing his lips back onto yours again. "All of this insanity will be over soon" he assured you. "I hope so" you whispered. "I don't want you to be beaten up on all sides because of this". "Baby, it's not so bad" Jonghyun whispered "Because I have you and you're here. That's all that matters". You shrugged at his words because of how cheesy it sounded. "I love you". Jonghyun smiled "I love you to the moon and back" and kissed you all over again and before he realized it, it was 9 already. "Let's get dressed. I said we'd meet at Starbucks at ten and we still have to at least drive for ten to fifteen minutes". "In that case, let's shower then" you insisted pulling on his hand heading into the bathroom that you had now to yourselves.

 

It wasn't long before you both disappeared under the warm running water to polish yourselves where needed. After your shower which ended up a little shorter than usual, you got yourselves dressed preparing to leave. Quickly you threw on your slippers and a white hoodie following your boyfriend out after you grabbed your purse and phone. "You got everything?" Jonghyun asked locking up the door. You nodded convincingly tucking your hands away in the sleeves of your hoodie as if you were cold at this point. "Are you sure?" Jonghyun chuckled slightly teasing you turning around to face you. "Stop teasing me" you pouted making your way to the elevator. "I wasn't teasing you" Jonghyun smiled creeping on you from behind wrapping his arms around you. "Yes you were" you sing-songed while you were both waiting for the elevator. "No I wasn't" Jonghyun whispered kissing your neck causing you to giggle. "Stop it! Can't you just not…" "Not what?" he teased you once more planting his lips back in your neck. "Hey! The elevator is here" you giggled but Jonghyun didn't seem to be bothered to let you go. Stuck together like glue you took the elevator down to the ground floor and it wasn't until he finally let go and grabbed your hand instead. Once you made it to Jonghyun's car you both hopped in and drove off to Starbucks arriving just in time. After Jonghyun parked the car close by somewhere, you walked in finding Misa and Yonghwa laughing at the table in the back.

 

NO POV

"Hey, look who's there?" Misa cheered waving excitedly. "Unni" and rose from the chair. "Misa bear" Jamie smiled giving her tiny bestie a hug. "How are you?" she asked after greeting Yonghwa as well and sat down across from Misa. "I'm good! Unni you really look a lot better. I bet you have slept a whole lot better now too right?" she chuckled moving her eyes between her friend and boyfriend. Jamie shrugged "Well I clearly did. I slept like I haven't in weeks it feels like. But how are you though? I mean anything happened?" Misa shook her head "Nah. Yonghwa stayed with me so it wasn't so bad" and looked at the handsome tall oppa sitting next to her. "No scary men on the loose near me. All is good". "Good" Jamie smiled and moved her eyes to Yonghwa. "You have been good to her right?" "Of course I have been good to her. Don't I always?" "Can I get you something?" Jonghyun interrupted the conversation looking at Jamie who just put her cellphone away. "Can you bring me a tea? Or not, wait. A mango yogurt Frappuccino please" Jamie smiled widely knowing she couldn't make up her mind and decide. "Anything else?" Jonghyun smiled hovering over Jamie standing behind her this time. She shook her head tilting it back. "Not right no. But I might change my mind in a few minutes". Jonghyun chuckled "I'll be back in a minute" and left a kiss on Jamie's lips before he left to order something to drink for his girl and himself. "Whose idea was it? The trip I mean" Jamie asked with a great amount of curiosity. Misa pointed at Yonghwa at the same time he raised a hand. "His of course. But I think it's a good idea" "Anyone else coming along other than us four?" she asked again moving her eyes between Yonghwa and her best friend. "Yeah! The other three guys will be joining is too. If that's okay with you of course" Yonghwa added. "Cool. Of course. The more people the more fun right?" Jamie chuckled while Jonghyun came back putting down the Frappuccino and sandwich for her and a coffee for himself before he sat down next to her. "You got me a sandwich?" Jamie asked giving her boyfriend a confused look. "I bought it in case you might get hungry. You didn't have your breakfast yet". She blinked "But neither have you?" she bluntly replied making her point. "Don't argue with me. You need to eat" Jonghyun insisted in amusement of Misa and Yonghwa who both couldn't control their laughter. "You two really look like a married couple" Yonghwa chuckled taking a sip from his coffee that was now about to be empty. "Really?" Jonghyun smiled turning to look at Jamie sitting next to him. "What?" she interrupted when she noticed her boyfriend looking at her. "Nothing" Jonghyun smiled quickly kissing your lips the mango syrup that was transferred to her lips to his. "So when's the date?"  Yonghwa giggled. Both Jamie and Jonghyun gave Yonghwa a confused look in which Misa found rather entertaining. "Yah, I have yet have to ask her. You'll be the first to know when that happens" Jonghyun assured Mr Jung. "Wow. Just wow!" Misa chuckled. "You guys really are like the female and male version of one another. You even have the same habits" and continued to laugh as she thought it was funny. "It's almost scary how you two match. No wonder you two are attracted the way you are. You're yin and yang". With that Jamie had to laugh too. Was it that obvious?

 

"So where you guys think of going? For this trip I mean?" Jonghyun asked breaking the awkwardness attempting to be serious. "Eh we were kind of hoping we could discuss that together since we're going with more" Yonghwa explained shifting in his seat. "What about the others? They don't have to decide with us?" Jamie asked bluntly before taking a bite from her sandwich. "They said they would be okay wherever we would decide to go. Although we thought of a place where we will be able to do multiple activities. Something like swimming, hiking and relaxing even when some of might need it. So I did my research and I found this great house on a beach. You can do all of these things I just mentioned. The beach house is big enough for all of us. It has two floors. First floor has a balcony going directly to the beach, a big bedroom with own private bathroom. The ground floor has a very big and spacious living room with kitchen. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, one room that also has a private small porch with a gorgeous lookout onto the beach. So I thought you guys might be interested in that" Yonghwa smiled. "Wow a place on the beach. You would not hear me say no to that" Jamie confessed sipping her drink. "Unni, I really think you will love it. I've seen the pictures and it looks pretty darn amazing" Misa convinced her best friend. "And where is this exactly?" Jonghyun asked trying to visualize the picture. "It's a little south. I forgot what the name of this place was exactly. I will look it up and let you know. It's quite a little drive. Several hours I think. Yonghwa added moving his eyes Misa and Jamie. "And we thought about the privacy, because we all kind of know you two are an item, so in case we'll go with this place, you two should have the room on the first floor". Jamie couldn't stop smiling. "It would be so romantic though" she exclaimed excitedly. "I guess that's a yes" Jonghyun chuckled. "But actually that would be perfect. For how long do you plan on going?" "We thought of going tomorrow and stay for three days. So we will return in the evening before Misa leaves the next morning" Yonghwa explained in which Misa made a sad face. "It's so sad. I don't want to leave" she confessed. "It all feels way too soon. Where did our three and half vacation go?" she added looking at Jamie. "Ahw, Misa. You will be missed by me a lot you know. But let's not talk about that and enjoy the last couple of days. Otherwise it will make me sad too" Jamie confessed taking a few more bites from the sandwich to finish it. "But you guys like the idea too right?" Yonghwa asked tapping his fingers on the table. Jamie nodded "Yes, I love it. We will come right?" she cheered looking at her boyfriend. "If you want" he smirked slightly teasing her. "You really are in a teasing mood today" Jamie murmured playfully poking his arm. "Take that as a yes?" Yonghwa smiled. Jonghyun nodded "Yes" and pecked Jamie's cheek.

 

"Great! Can I offer anyone else something to drink?" Yonghwa asked since he finished his coffee and noticed Misa was finished with her drink too as well as Jonghyun. "No thanks, I still have" Jamie shook her head playing with the straw. "A coffee for me" Jonghyun answered pushing his empty cup forward. "A tea?" Yonghwa smiled cutely at Misa who just nodded "Why not" and handed Yonghwa her empty mug too. He got up returning the empty mugs and ordered something to drink for everyone except Jamie who was still sipping her cold beverage and returned back to the table soon after. "So what's the plan?" Jonghyun asked while Yonghwa sat down. "Well I think it will be smart to leave somewhere early in the morning? Around six or seven?" he suggested taking his sip from his refilled coffee. "I mean…the earlier we leave, the more is left of the day we get there". He made his point and everyone else agreed. "So we will meet around six then?" Jonghyun repeated. Yonghwa nodded "If you guys are okay with that. The others are and I am too, but if it's too early for you both, we can also meet at seven". "No six will be fine". "Where do we meet though?" Jamie asked out of curiosity. "We could meet here no?" Yonghwa suggested. "Yea and don't come late again" Misa joked before taking a sip from her tea. Jamie shrugged "Yea we won't". After finishing the tea and discussing the rest of the spontaneous road trip, Jamie and Jonghyun decided to leave since he had plans on introducing her to his parents and Yonghwa had plans taking Misa to the recording studio. After returning the mugs again, everyone was ready to leave. "We'll see us at six tomorrow in front of Starbucks then?" Yonghwa asked moving his eyes between Misa, Jamie and Jonghyun. Jonghyun nodded with a smile "You'll be seeing us at six. Do you want us to prepare anything? I mean do we need to bring something?" Yonghwa shook his head "Not specifically. Just bring yourselves and enough clothes" he answered sarcastically in amusement of Jamie and Misa who couldn't stop laughing. "Yea yea. Got it" Jonghyun shrugged taking Jamie's hand in his ready to leave. "I'll text you later" Misa assured her best friend before following Yonghwa back to his car. "Can't wait. Have fun. See you tomorrow" Jamie cheered excitedly walking to Jonghyun's car parked nearby while Misa and Yonghwa get into his.

 

MISA’S POV

While Jamie and Jonghyun left back to the SHINee dorm, Yonghwa guided you back to his car ready to take you to the studio where all the magic happened. He promised you after all didn't he? As you were in the car while Yonghwa was focused on the road, you glanced to your left "Will the other guys be there too?" you asked in curiousity. Yonghwa smirked "Of course they are. How else do we record new music?" you shook your head feeling somewhat stupid, but that was not how you meant your question. "I know, but I just thought musicians also have solo sessions so I thought maybe the other guys might not be around" Yonghwa made a left driving into the crowded street where the studio was located. "It's okay and you're right, but the other guys will be there too today. You don't want them around?" he joked clearly teasing you. "Noo!! I mean, yes! Don't bother, I was just wondering ok" you chuckled playfully poking his arm. "Besides, they keep saying their goodbyes thinking they will not see me for a while and here I am showing up again unannounced". Yonghwa parked the car on one of the free parking spaces. "I am sure they'd like to see you one more time" and got out of the vehicle and so did you. You let out a sigh as you did so startled by a Yonghwa who was suddenly standing right in front of you. "And I am happy too" he convinced you taking your hand in his guiding you into the studio where you were greeted by CNBlue's manager who just happened to walk from one room to the other. "You're early" the manager smiled before he turned to you "How are you?" You gave the manager a smile. "I am great thank you" and followed Yonghwa and his manager into the studio where Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Jungshin were jamming tuning their instruments enjoying coffee or tea on the side. "Noona" Jungshin smiled noticing you at first. You just waved with a big grin on your face looking around for an empty seat and sat down in the big leather sofa next to Jungshin. "We didn't expect you here?" Jungshin smiled sounding somewhat surprised. "I can go" you chuckled. He shook his head "No no no. It's fun you're here. You're coming to the road trip too right?" You nodded "Of course I am. It will be fun". "Cool!" Jungshin cheered putting his guitar down before Yonghwa finally joined too. "Can I get you something to drink?" Yonghwa asked giving you a y smile. You nodded "Tea?" "Got it" he smirked walking out of the room to get something to drink for the both of you.

 

"Misa" Jonghyun smiled also putting his guitar down joining the conversation. "What brings you here?" You shrugged "You know, I got dragged here by someone". Jonghyun chuckled "Yea he's good at that". "I didn't know he was that convincing though" Jungshin shrugged. "How? He's doing it every single time" Jonghyun convinced his band mate before Mr Jung returned with a tea for you and himself. "Have you ever been to a recording studio?" Jonghyun asked looking at you. You shook your head "No I haven't. This is the first time really, but it looks huge and slightly intimidating to be here". "Why?" Yonghwa smirked sitting down next to you. "Well, for starters this is where your records are made which I happen to like and two, everything is looking so darn expensive" you confessed. "You want to try to record something?" Yonghwa asked playfully biting his lip. You shook your head in embarrassment "No please. I don't have the need to record myself nor hear it afterwards. I can't sing". "How bad can it be?" Jungshin smiled being friendly as always. "Have you ever sung?" You blinked your eyes "Well if singing under the shower counts, but I guess that doesn't. It sounds awful. You really don't want to hear it" "Well…" Yonghwa smiled putting his tea down on the table and got off the couch taking the tea from your hands and pulled you off the couch. "There's a first time for everything. Let's record something memorable for you to take home with you". You gave them all a shocked look. Were they crazy? "Relax. It's just for fun. No one else will hear it except for us of course. Come on…you're going to like it. See it as a souvenir" Yonghwa convinced you. You shook your head "I don't know about this". "Aigo. There must be a song that you know and like right?" Jungshin chuckled joining the club to convince you. "Any song?" you asked since you didn't really know Korean, so that would be a disaster. "We can play anything" Jonghyun assured you. "Well then, can you play Jason Mraz? He's one of my favorite singers and I know his songs at least". "That shouldn't be a problem" Yonghwa smiled picking up his guitar. "Wait, you guys are serious?" you asked wanting to back out somehow. They were definitely going to laugh at your non singing skills.

 

"Come on. Do it for me" Minhyuk smiled suddenly popping up out of nowhere. "Yea do it for us" Yonghwa smirked. "Come on. I know some of his songs too" he smirked pulling on your hand into the recording room. They were right. There was no one except for them five and their instruments. Except their manager was walking in and out no one was there other than you. "This is okay with your manager?" "Yea, we jam for fun every now and then. Relax" Yonghwa smiled pushing you down on a leather chair surrounded by instruments and a microphone in front of you. Yonghwa sat down on a leather chair next to you grabbing his guitar and started tuning it first humming a few notes before he looked back at you. "I'm yours?" he suggested. You nodded. "Okay" you mumbled nervously and was following Jonghyun and Yonghwa's humming as they were both strumming their guitars and even their voices were intimidating to you that you were feeling anxious at first, but after repeating a couple of times you got into it and were relaxed singing along with them. You didn't particularly liked your own voice, but the guys were right. I was a lot of fun sitting in a professional recording a random song you happened to like and a song the guys happened know how to play on their guitars. After your little jamming session, you returned to the other side of the recording studio again to listen back to whatever you recorded. You couldn't help but laugh since it just sounded funny to you. It was beyond strange hearing your own voice through the speakers. "See it wasn't that bad was it?" Yonghwa chuckled replaying the recording. "Gosh, this is so odd. I am so not used to hearing my voice like that" you giggled. "We can even make a fun mix of it if you want?" Jonghyun suggested. You shook your head "No no no, I like the acoustic sound! Don't mix it". Just like that Yonghwa transferred the audio file onto a USB stick for you to take home with you. "There" he smiled flirting with you with his eyes.  "Thanks guys. I am really going to cherish this one" you smiled hugging them all one by one.
 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]