SEVENTEEN

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

Misa woke up when she thought she heard Jamie vomiting and flushing short after. “Unni? Is everything okay?” Misa shouted groggily letting out a big yawn as if she hadn’t slept at all. Jamie walked out of the bathroom with a glass of water she filled for the second time before she noticed her best friend sitting up in bed. “I’m sorry if I woke you up” she apologised crawling back onto her bed pulling the blankets over her legs. “Unni is everything alright?” Misa asked again sounding just as worried as Jonghyun was. “I guess I am just tired and ate something wrong last night. It’ll blow over” Jamie answered bluntly looking for an excuse. “Do you want an aspirin?” Misa asked ready to step out of bed to get Jamie the medication. Jamie shook her head “I’m okay, thanks”. “Are you really?” Misa gave her a suspicious look. “You look a little puffy to me. Do you have a fever?” Again Jamie shook her head “No I don’t. Like I said. It must have been the food I had last night that didn’t land so well”. Misa remained to give her a friend a suspicious look not believing a word she said no matter how hard she tried to convince she were perfectly okay. Were you? “So, what do you wanna do today?” Misa sighed tapping her hands on the sheets. Jamie raised her shoulders “I don’t know. I thought maybe we can just relax and hang out together and catch up?” she suggested finishing her second glass of water. “That’s all good with me” Misa sing songed. “You still want to sleep?” she asked since her friend looked kinda tired to her. “Well I don’t think it matters much right now. All I can think of is a coffee right now” she mumbled throwing the blankets off again putting the empty glass on the bedside table. “We can have some breakfast down the street” Misa suggested. “That’s really not a bad idea” Jamie smiled kneeling down in front of her suitcase deciding on what to wear and pulled out a pair of white jeans and a black t-shirt with a batman logo on it. “I’m going to change into something more comfortable” she excused herself disappearing into the bathroom.

 

Misa decided to do the same and stepped out of bed to dig up an outfit for herself going for a pair of green pants and a black and white striped shirt with sleeves. “You can go change if you want” Jamie smiled walking back out of the bathroom after she brushed her hair tying it in a messy bun. For some strange reason she felt lazy today and didn’t feel like spending all her time on her hair. “Unni you really look tired to me. Are you sure want to go for breakfast now?” Misa asked holding her clothes between her arms ready to walk into the bathroom. Jamie sat down on the bed “Well I guess I am a little tired today and hopefully some breakfast make it feel a bit better right?” and threw on her reading glasses. “I guess. Well give me a few. I won’t take long” Misa excused herself and closed the bathroom door behind her to take a shower. Jamie puffed letting herself fall backwards on the bed staring at the ceiling before she decided to throw her shoes on skipping through the channels of whatever was on the TV. “Done!” Misa sing songed drying her hair on the towel sitting on the bed. Once Misa finished drying and brushing her hair and made herself looking good enough to go out and face the outside world. “Are you ready?” Misa asked after she threw her shoes on grabbing her hand bag. “Yes! Coffee please” Jamie sing songed grabbing a black cardigan and her phone following her best friend out. “I totally forgot to ask, but how was your date with Yonghwa yesterday?” she asked while waiting for the elevator. “Well” Misa started smiling like no tomorrow clearly giving away she had a good time. “Oeh, someone’s looking in love” Jamie bestie stepping in the elevator. Misa smiled like a teenager madly in love looking down at her feet. “Is it obvious?” she sing songed looking back at Jamie. She gave her a clear nod “Oh yeah it is so obvious” and pushed her out of the elevator leaving the hotel. “So are you gonna tell me?” Jamie insisted on making her friend talk.

 

“How about we order breakfast and I will tell you all about it” Misa mumbled trying to hide that her tummy was actually growling. No matter how hard she tried to hide it, Jamie so heard that one. She giggled. “Come on. Let’s eat” and walked into the first best café that they could find. “Oh my” she sighed looking up. “It sure does look cloudy today”. Misa raised her shoulders “Well let’s go inside then before it comes down eh?” and pulled Jamie inside. “Coffee” she cheered craving for a beverage to wake her up. Misa looked at Jamie not sure if that was a good idea, but she also knew that it was none of her business and it was not her place to get involved.  After they both ordered something to eat and something to drink they took a seat at one of the tables near the window. “Food!” Misa exclaimed before taking a sip from her cup of tea. “Gosh you have no idea how hungry I am”. Jamie chuckled “Then eat”.  Misa nodded “Oh I will alright” and took a bite from her toast. “Hmh...this is...just...mm” she sighed enjoying the delicious breakfast. “Now don’t make me pull it out of you. How was your date?” Jamie asked again taking a small sip from the hot cup of coffee. “You won’t believe this, but he took me for wall climbing at first, which is where I totally beat him to it. Then after we went to the local market to buy some vegetables and ingredients for a homemade pizza we made later”. “Wow...Misa made a pizza?” Jamie chuckled. “How was it?”. “It actually wasn’t so bad at all. I really was afraid I was going to burn it one way or another…” Misa mumbled taking another bite from her toast. Jamie giggled “Just for the record, it’s very hard to burn a pizza you know?”.  Misa raised her shoulders “Maybe, but we’re still talking about Misa here. She is just not so great with cooking”. “It turns out you didn’t do so bad huh?” Jamie shrugged. “I guess” Misa added letting out a sigh. “And after that he made me play on the piano and gosh, that was just unbelievable. I am so not musically gifted, but he so happened to assist me on that one...and that is where….he kissed” she confessed.

 

“Wowowow” Jamie cheered. “Good for you. And how was it?” she continued hearing her friend out for more details. “It was so….so good. I just didn’t want it to end” Misa swooned all over again. “He’s so into you and your face has it written all over it” Jamie just to rub it in. “Yea how embarrassing it was that we got caught” Misa continued. Jamie choked on her coffee. “You two got busted making out?”. “I wouldn’t exactly call it making out, but yeah we sure got busted kissing. Now they all know” Misa murmured as if it was something bad. “Ahwe! Don’t think about it too much. Enjoy it. I am so happy for you” Jamie finally took a bite from her sandwich hoping she was able to keep your food in this time. “Gosh, this whole vacation has been just more than amazing. I didn’t even know what you were feeling until now. This sure when we have to leave again” Misa sighed taking a look outside. “Looks like we got in just on time”.  Jamie took a look out of the window and noticed the rain coming down with no ends. “I am glad we’re inside and not out” she mumbled finishing her sandwich. “So...when do you have your appointment at the University?” Jamie wondered since that was the reason her best friend was coming on this trip with her in the hopes she could study abroad like she always wanted. “That’s not until tomorrow at one” Misa smiled looking back at Jamie. “Right! Do you still want me to come with you?”. Misa raised her shoulders “If you want. I am not sure if it’s your thing though. Maybe you’ll think it’s boring”. Jamie let out a sigh. “Well it’s not like I have any other plans so maybe I might even like it. I always wondered what a university is like since I have never in my life attended one”. “It’s full of nerds” Misa whispered making Jamie chuckle. “Maybe so. Maybe I can learn something”. “You just might” Misa nodded while they were both finishing their breakfast.

 

“Great. How do we get back to the hotel? I know it’s not far from here, but no way we’ll make it back keeping our clothes dry” Misa murmured taking another look outside. “Just exactly how my mood is right now” Jamie confessed sarcastically. “Unni, you really are not feeling depressed right?” Misa  asked sounding worried again. Jamie shook her head “No, but I can’t help but miss him”. Misa turned back to her friend giving her an assuring smile. “You’ll see him again in five days right? I am sure these days will be over before we know it” she assured her. “I guess so” Jamie sighed taking another sip from her coffee until she noticed people looking. “Why are people staring?” Misa whispered looking over at a group of girls sitting a few tables away gossiping about god knows what. “So it’s just not me?” Jamie whispered taking a glance over her shoulder before looking back at her friend sitting in front of her. “I wonder why they are looking. I don’t quite get it” Misa whispered loud enough for Jamie to hear. “You know, when I was with Jonghyun last night, I had this strange feeling too as if we were being watched. Sometimes it’s like I am getting paranoid but I do feel it when people are staring. It’s like I feel these eyes burning” she confessed. “Did he take you out?” Misa asked while she was quietly checking her phone for messages to see how her family was doing. Jamie nodded “Yea he took me out for dinner. It was so romantic” she started smiling from ear to ear sipping on her coffee until her friend came across something that looked just like her best friend Jamie.

 

“Erhm, unni?” Misa mumbled looking back up at her friend pushing her phone towards Jamie. “What is it?” she asked dumbfounded putting her cup down. “I think this is why” Misa added. Jamie took a look at what Misa was looking at and found a couple of pictures of herself and Jonghyun leaving the hotel for their date last night as well as their date on the beach. She couldn’t believe it. Paparazzi has been following them? Did Jonghyun know too? So that is why his manager wanted to talk to him so urgently. Jamie put the phone back down pushing it back to Misa. “Gosh no, this is really bad” she whispered saying the least. “I am pretty sure Jonghyun got questioned about this” she then sighed digging her face into her arms lying on the table in front of her. “And now he gets in trouble for all of this” she continued looking up at her friend Misa correcting her glasses. “Maybe it’s not as bad as it looks though” Misa assumed but she sure wasn’t right about that either. “I feel bad. Really bad” Jamie continued. “He is the one who has to explain himself. God knows what they will tell him to do” she mumbled raising her voice. “If only we were more careful with going this public”. “Unni, you can’t stop being human because of paparazzi. If they want to catch these idols doing something, they will do it no matter how hard agencies try to prevent it” Misa convinced her. “I know I know. But I still feel anxious about this”. “Have you talked to Jonghyun about it?”. Jamie shook her head. “No! When we were suppose to do that. I sure didn’t know about these leaked photographs and I am pretty sure neither did he” she replied in her defense letting out another sigh. “Drama, drama, drama alright”. “Unni don’t worry about it too much. Talk to Jongie first and see what he has to say” Misa assured her best she could. “You’re right. I am just a mess and not thinking straight”. “Let’s go back to the hotel and talk a little bit more. Somewhere a little more private” Misa insisted and pulled Jamie up from her seat dragging her along.

 

“Misa it’s pouring. Can’t we just wait” Jamie mumbled throwing her cardigan over her head as if that was going to protect her from the rain. Jamie never liked rain coming down on her head. She knew this was mission impossible but a part of her hoped this was going to keep her some sort of dry until she reached the hotel. Just when Jamie and Misa walked out of the door, they bumped into a group of guys with familiar faces. It was CNBlue. “Going somewhere?” Yonghwa smirked holding his big umbrella above their heads. Misa looked up since he was quite a bit taller than she was. “Oh...hi!!” she smiled uncomfortably thinking this was not how she imagined to bump into the guy she more or less liked. “Don’t you girls need to wear jackets?” Yonghwa continued sounding somewhat worried. “Well we just actually came here quickly to have some breakfast not expecting rain” Misa explained herself. Yonghwa nodded giving her one of his killer smiles. “Noona!!” Minhyuk excitedly greeted both Jamie and Misa. “Why don’t we just go back inside” Yonghwa suggested opening the door the café again. They turned back around walking back into the café again taking a seat on a bigger table somewhere in the back. “Noona, you wear glasses?” Minhyuk asked as everyone sat down. Jamie chuckled. “Well I only wear them when I didn’t get enough sleep really. My eyes tend to become a little bit lazy”. “Well you girls are up early “Yonghwa smiled sitting down next to Misa after he took his coat off. “Breakfast?!” Misa smiled playing with her hands. Jamie just glanced a bit around but didn’t quite recognise everyone. “Oh before I forget, I brought some friends for coffee” Yonghwa smiled looking at Misa sitting next to him. “They are not all here, but these are our friends in FT Island. Jamie, Misa, this is JaeJin, Hongki and Jonghoon” he introduced the three members out of five. It took a few seconds before Misa realised that she was no longer sitting with just CNBlue, but with FT Island too.

 

“Guys, these are our new friends. Misa from India and Jamie from...Berlin was it right?”. Jamie just simply nodded not finding it necessary to explain the half half thing. “Nice to meet you” she smiled waving at all of them served with a second round of hot beverage, except this time she went for a hot chocolate since she started to feel nauseous. “You’re from India right?” Jaejin asked looking at Misa who was just staring in front of her. “Misa!” Jamie shrugged snapping her out of her daydreaming. “Mhm?” she mumbled. “Someone just asked you a question. Sleep later” Jamie . “Oh” Misa giggled. “Well yea I am from India yes”. “We so would like to go there Jonghoon added. “Pff yeah well it’s not that special trust me” Misa chuckled “But it would be nice to see some more bands from Asia play our country for once”. “Well you do have a lot of culture right?” Jaejin asked sounding somewhat interested finding out more about her home country. “That is something I am proud of we have. Our country has a lot to offer cultural wise I think. It’s just sad that our country is put in a bad light because of all the bad media reports”. “Well I am pretty sure we’ll be visiting India soon” Yonghwa smirked flirting with Misa making her feel a tad bit uneasy around a bunch of guys she didn’t know. “We did suggest it to our manager during the meeting this morning” Minhyuk sing songed. “You have?” both Jamie and Misa answered in union sounding somewhat surprised. Were they serious?
 

“Well, do you guys plan on touring India then?” Jamie bluntly asked since they were all mentioning they’d go there ‘soon’. “Well we can’t really give away anything confirmed yet, so let’s just say that it is in the works” Yonghwa smirked. “Really?” Misa asked in disbelief. “You’ll be the first to know when we do” he smirked once more. “Whoa, something is going on between you two” Jaejin chuckled  looking back and forth between Misa and Yonghwa clearly picking up vibes that felt more than just friendly. “You see they are da…” Minhyuk attempted but was cut off by Yonghwa who gave him a shoulder bump. “Do you mind?” he added taking a sip from his americano not wanting the whole world to know that he was dating. Not yet at least. “Ah don’t be too hard on him” Jamie chuckled knowing Minhyuk meant well. “Excuse me” she mumbled excusing herself walking away from the table she were sitting at. Misa followed her with her eyes wondering where she went and saw Jamie disappearing into the bathroom. “Is she alright?” Yonghwa asked giving Misa a confused look. She just nodded “Just give me a second” and got up following her friend into the ladies room.

 

“Unni?” she coed hearing her flush the toilet coming out one of the three available toilets. “Unni are you getting sick?” Misa asked oh well too sure that it wasn’t that and that there was more to it. Jamie washed her hands before taking in some water into her hands to drink away the bad vomit taste in . “I am fine I guess” she sighed looking at herself in the mirror redoing her bun. Misa knew it was none of her business but also knew her friend was stubborn. “Unni I know this is not my place to tell you and say something...” and checked if all the toilets were empty, just in case someone would overhear them. “...but I am a little concerned. Have you thought about that you might...you know...be pregnant?”. Jamie blinked her eyes faking a laugh “You’re not really serious right?”. “Why not?” Misa asked folding her arms in front of her chest. “How long have you been throwing up in the morning now?”. Jamie raised her shoulders “I don’t know. Two or three days I guess”. “Unni as a friend can I tell you something?” Misa said giving her a sincere look. Jamie nodded “Of course you can. You’re my friend”. “It’s up to you of course, but I think you should consider doing a pregnancy test” Misa suggested. Jamie looked down at her hands knowing that she was right. “You really think I could be…” she sighed looking at her friend. Misa nodded “I think you might and I think you should do a test just to make sure. And if you want I’ll even go get the kit for you if you’re uncomfortable buying it”. Jamie shook her head “You don’t have to do that, but I know you’re right” and looked back in the mirror. “The idea just scares me”. “You won’t find out unless you do a test unni” Misa reminded her looking at Jamie in the mirror. She let out another heavy sigh. “Alright, I guess I will go get a test. Can we go get one later though? I don’t want to get one with everyone else around. It’s kind of personal”. Misa nodded. “Of course. I understand. Let's go meet with the others before they also get worried like I am” and pulled Jamie out of the ladies room with her. “You really don’t have to be worried about me silly” Jamie chuckled following her friend out.

 

“Ah you’re back!” Minhyuk smiled excitedly. “Noona, you’re alright?” he asked looking at Jamie as the two of them rejoined the group. Jamie nodded giving him an assuring smile. “I am alright. Don’t worry”. “Girls always go to the bathroom together. Why is that?” Hongki chuckled. “You don’t just ask that?” Jaejin added giving his band mate a strange look. “No I am serious! I always wondered that”. “I guess you will know the day you’ll have a girlfriend” Jonghoon shrugged making everyone sitting at the table laugh. “It’s never going to stop raining today is it?” Misa sighed looking outside. Yonghwa looked at Misa sitting next to him “I’m afraid not. According to the forecast it will be raining until tomorrow morning”. “Oh” Misa sighed feeling somewhat bummed. “Where are the others though?” she asked out of curiosity. “They’re at the studio. We we are all craving for coffee or americano’s we came out here to get some and they didn’t feel like tagging along. “Hyung, I think we need to go back to practice. We’re running late” Minhyuk interrupted the conversation. “It’s time already?” Yonghwa asked looking at his band mate in disbelief wondering why time went so fast. “He’s right. We’ll get our butts kicked if we don’t go back right now” Jonghoon added agreeing with Minhyuk finishing his americano. “We can meet up later today and hang out?” Yonghwa suggested looking at both Jamie and Misa. Jamie nodded “I think we shall be able to work that one out”. “Good. Ehm, I’d say let’s meet at four somewhere near the hotel you girls stay at” Yonghwa suggested. “Or we can just meet back here. At least we know to find this place and so do you?” Jamie suggested. “We’ll meet here then at four” Minhyuk cheered. “Let’s go” Jaejin smiled getting up ready to leave. “It was nice to meet you girls” and waved at the two of them leaving the café. “Likewise” Jamie smiled waving back saying bye to the others too. “I’ll see you at four?” Yonghwa smirked flirting with Misa just using his eyes before giving her a hug. Jamie just giggled over the fact that her friend was not able to control her smiling. It was so obvious. “I’ll see you at four” Misa smiled slightly blushing. “Bye guys” Jamie smiled waving at the other guys as they left as herself and Misa also decided to get up and leave onto their next mission.

 

“Unni do we really have to go through the rain like this?” Misa complained folding her arms in front of her chest as if she were cold. “We have no choice” Jamie sing songed closing her white cardigan facing the rain outside. “Unni?” Misa started as the two were fast walking through the rain back to their hotel. “You want to go get a test now?” she added as they were about to pass a pharmacy. “I think I just might as well get it over with” Jamie mumbled turning to her friend. “I will not be recognized like this right?” Jamie asked worried someone would since she had been caught dating Jonghyun by paparazzi and probably whole Seoul had seen it, if not the whole fandom. “Don’t worry” Misa friend assured Jamie. “Come on” and pulled her into the pharmacy. “Give me some money and I will get it for you” she whispered holding her hand out. “You really would?” Jamie asked her in disbelief. “Of course I would. That’s what best friends do” she assured her. Jamie was a little hesitant at first but eventually handed her enough money to buy a test from. “Can you get me two?” she asked looking left and right to make sure she wasn’t being watched or overheard. “Two? Why two?” Misa asked giving Jamie a confused look. “I am a little sceptical about home kit pregnancy tests. Just to make sure if it’s real or not” she explained. Misa nodded “Okay, I get it. Give me a second” she assured Jamie buying two pregnancy tests while she was randomly looking around at makeup and beauty products. “Unni, I got it” she smiled holding up a paper bag. “Do you need anything else?”. Jamie shook her head. “No I don’t. Let’s just go” she whispered pulling her bestie out of the building this time.

 

Challenging the pouring summer weather outside they headed back to their hotel going back to their room as fast as they could. As soon as they were back in their room Jamie started to become a little bit uneasy. She were somewhat nervous about taking the pregnancy tests. How scary can it be to do one? Or two?  “Unni you’re nervous aren’t you?” Misa asked as soon as she saw her facial expression. “It’ll be alright. It’s better to just do the test and get it over with I think”. “Misa...I am really nervous about this. What if...you know…?” she mumbled looking back at her hands as she was nervously playing with them. “You won’t know for sure unless you do the test” Misa convinced her and she knew she was right. Jamie let out a heavy sigh. “Okay, let’s do this” she mumbled taking the paper bag from her friend disappearing into the bathroom to do the test. At least one of them. With shaky hands Jamie took one of the pregnancy tests out of the bag taking it out of the little box doing exactly what the instructions told her to do. She wasn’t sure if she was anticipating results or not, but she was too anxious to look at the test that was now laying on the white counter top of the sink. She was only supposed to wait a little five minutes or so, but it definitely felt much longer than just five minutes. “Unni, how are you holding up in there?” Misa asked knocking on the door. Jamie opened the door looking more than just anxious. “Misa, I am so scared. I don’t want to look”. “Does it show anything yet?” Misa asked glancing at the test on the sink. Jamie shook her head “No...I haven’t yet. Gosh I am so anxious I can’t look...I just can’t”. “You want me to look?” Misa asked carefully. Jamie raised her shoulders “I don’t know… gosh why am I so nervous? Did five minutes pass already?” she asked looking at her friend with a great amount of desperation written all over her face. “I think so yea. Take your time, don’t stress yourself unni” Misa assured her trying to keep her calm.

 

“Let’s just get it over with” Jamie sighed picking up the test from the sink anxiously looking at it. “Misa?” she started looking nervously at her friend “What does two stripes mean?”. She did read the instructions but somehow it slipped out of her mind again. “Gosh unni...that means the test is positive”. Jamie blinked her eyes in disbelief staring at the test in her hand. “I’m pregnant?!” she mumbled softly yet loud enough for her best friend to hear. It took a few seconds for her to realize, this was all real and with that her heartbeat picked up speed. “Misa, what am I going to do?” she mumbled on the verge of breaking down. “Unni it will be alright…” Misa did her best to comfort and assure Jamie that it wasn’t as bad as it looked. “No Misa! How will it be alright? I don’t even know what his manager had to discuss with him and two, we’ll be heading back home in a week! There is nothing right about this” she mumbled breaking down and cry for no reason. “Unni…” Misa whispered giving Jamie the biggest hug in the world. “I don’t even know how I will tell Jonghyun this and what I will say? This will change everything” she sobbed wiping the tears from her cheeks with her fingers. “I know it sounds scary you have to tell him all of this, but he needs to know. He is as much involved in it as you are. And he better take his responsibility for this otherwise he will be in big trouble and he’d pray he had never met me”. Jamie chuckled at her words between her tears. “Misa what if he will dump me?” she sniffed finally calming down again. “What do you think? I’ll kick his !” Misa assured Jamie. “Really he does not want to mess with me”. “Misa I’m scared” she confessed letting out a sigh. “I know! I’d be too. Either way it’s going to be alright” Misa assured Jamie hugging her one more time. “You do need to see a doctor though when you’re back home to confirm this. You will right?”. Jamie nodded “Of course. I have no choice do I? I can’t be stubborn or selfish now. There’s another life involved”. “Good, because you have to take very good care of yourself now starting today”.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]