FOURTY-ONE

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

MISA’S POV
As soon as dinner was over and you had a cup of tea with the rest of your family telling them all about your trip, you really just wanted a moment to be by yourself. Talking about all the nice people you’ve met, made you miss Korea and them too. “Thank you for dinner mom” you smiled pecking her cheek giving her a hug. “No need to thank me for that. Your mama is taking care of you either way honey” your mom smiled. “Is it okay if I turn in a little earlier today? I am really jetlagged and I really could use a little bit of sleep before I get back into my normal routine the day after tomorrow” you whispered desperate for some privacy. Your mom nodded “Of course dear. Take a bath and turn in early. You don’t want to look tired when you go back to work in two days” she agreed. “Thanks mom. Good night” you smiled kissing her cheek for a second time heading out of the kitchen and grabbed your gift bag and teddy along the way. You sighed when you looked at your suitcase not wanting to drag the suitcase with you. You were physically and emotionally drained. No energy to function like a normal person. “Sis, let me get this for you” Ajay your younger brother insisted. “Thank you” you sighed following your brother to your bedroom. “You’re a lifesaver” and stalled whatever you were holding on your desk in your bedroom. “Oh you can just put it there. I will clean it up tomorrow. I need sleep” you whined sitting down on the bed falling backwards closing your eyes. “Alright, I should give you some privacy to sleep then. Good night” Ajay smiled before he walked out the door closing the door behind him. “Good night” you whispered knowing your brother didn’t hear it and sat up straight again.

Like a bag of rice you dragged yourself to the closet and took out a clean sleeping gown and untied your hair while you went to the bathroom. Taking a shower itself was even too much for you. How on earth were you going to get out of bed tomorrow? After you were completely washed and brushed your hair you walked back into your bedroom grabbing the teddy that Onew won for  you. Lifelessly you were staring at it as if it would say something to you needed to hear. So this is what it was like to miss someone? You didn’t like one bit of it. At all. You missed him. You missed Yonghwa. As soon as his name appeared in your mind you hugged the teddy bear as tight as you possibly could, falling onto the bed crawled up like a foetus and crying like a baby. You didn’t just cry because you missed your boyfriend so much but you also cried because you were afraid he was going to forget all about you. Afraid that your parents would never approve of your feelings.


Your sniffing apparently was hard to ignore when Bhaiya knocked on your bedroom door. “Sis?” he asked for permission to enter. Either you didn’t hear or you were too numb to respond. At the second knock your older brother Bhaiya walked in after he took a peek around the door when he saw you all crawled up in bed crying your eyes out. What made you cry? He definitely wanted to know because whoever was messing with his little sister should be punished and would not get away with it. “Misa?” your brother carefully asked as he slowly approached you sitting on the bed end. “Sis, why are you so upset? Who makes you cry like this?” he asked once more wanting some answers to why. You sniffed drying your eyes with the back of your hand looking at your brother. “It’s nothing” you lied and pushed yourself up. “I just miss my friends and I am tired” you added. “Misa, you are not just missing your friends. Is it a boy?” Bhaiya asked as if he could magically  read your mind or something. You blinked followed by another sniff “What? No, why? There is no boy” you lied again looking down at your sheets holding the bear tighter again. “Misa can you please stop lying to me? Of course it is a boy. Did he hurt you?” your brother asked ignoring your excuse. You shook your head. “No. No he didn’t” and turned silent for a few seconds before you started crying all over again. “Oppa why does it hurt? Why does it hurt to love someone?” you pleaded between your sobs while your brother sat closer wrapping his arms around you. “Misa…” he whispered rubbing your back not knowing what to say. So there was a boy after all?

“Oppa please don’t tell mom and dad? I know they will never allow me to be with him, but I can’t fight my feelings for him. I am a bad person right?” you continued looking at your brother with red puffy eyes. Your brother shook his head “You’re not a bad person because you like a boy Misa. I don’t know who he is, but he really didn’t hurt you right? Or did things to you you didn’t want?” he asked again to make sure you were not molested or . Again you shook your head “No. He would never do that. He’s the sweetest guy I know. But what do I know about love huh? I know I will be married off with someone else, but why I am feeling so scared to lose him?” you sobbed begging for an answer. “Oh sis you are head over heels with this guy aren’t you?” Bhaiya asked carefully since he did not want to upset you even more than you already were by lecturing you about family values and whatnot else. You nodded “Oppa….I can’t help it. I really did my best to fight it, but he stole my heart and now I can’t forget about him. I miss him. A lot. I can only think of him and when I close my eyes he’s the one I see. My heart aches badly just imagining that I will never see him again. My heart can’t take it” you continued drying your eyes again with the back of your hand.

“Oh sis. I am not the best one to give you advice about what you feel and I am sure you know how mom and dad will think about this, but it’s not up to me to tell you how to feel. I also cannot tell you to forget about him and move on…” Bhaiya started “...but I think if you really are so crazy about this boy, try and talk to mom about it”. You shook your head “No….they will get so mad and I really don’t want to disrespect them either. I feel like I have damaged their pride. And because of it, they will never look at me the same when I tell them about him. I just can’t oppa”. Your brother sighed not really knowing what else to say other than telling you what you already knew. “Sis, give it some time okay? You just got back today and reconsider talking to mom or dad in a couple of days from now. I am sure they will not hate you or will think you are a bad daughter. Just tell them how you really feel. Honesty is more important than pride and you can’t do both. Unless you get over these feelings, which I think you won’t, I really think you should be open about this. Not today and maybe not tomorrow, but maybe a couple of days from now. Nobody can understand you or be there for you if you can’t talk about it” Bhaiya added making his point. He was so wise and you looked up to him so much. Even if he thought not to give the greatest advice himself, you definitely thought so otherwise. You nodded “You are right and I will at least think about it”. “Yes and don’t hurry yourself doing this, but do it when you’re feeling good enough to talk about it” your brother added some more well meant advice.

“Thank you for coming in and chatting with me. I feel a bit better” you whispered followed by a small smile. “Hey, I am still curious who this guy is” Bhaiya chuckled. “You won’t tell mom and dad right?” you asked looking at your older brother sitting in front of you. He shook his head “Pinky promise I won’t if you promise me to tell me about this guy”. You smiled “Okay pinky promise” and hooked your pinky with his. “I will tell you all about him sometime” you promised. Bhaiya nodded “Fair enough. Now get some sleep. You look like you can use some”. “Thanks oppa” you smiled giving your brother a big hug before he left the room and closed the door behind him. Whatever it was that he said to you, it made you feel better and calmed your state of mind before going back to sleep. Yonghwa was still on your mind but you also knew that he didn’t want you to be sad either. For the sake of Mr Jung, you hoped he was keeping his word to come to India and you were sure as hell looking forward to this day to come.
 



……three weeks later……

September was here alright and you were happy that the real hot weather kind left. It has been three weeks since you came back from Korea and it’s been about two weeks you were told that CNBlue was coming to town this week. Of course you already knew they were coming before your friends were ranting about it, but you were still anxious about facing Mr. Jung again. You missed him, sure, but your friends didn’t even what happened in your three weeks in Korea to begin with. Not because you didn’t want them to know, but they were rather blabbermouths and would run run their mouths to your parents even if it was accidentally and you didn’t have any courage to face your parents about your feelings for Yonghwa. The only person who knew about Yonghwa, was your brother. Well kind of. He knew his name was Yonghwa and that he was tall and handsome. But he didn’t know about the part that he was a musician. Not yet. It was just a day at work for you and as ordinary as it could be. Or wasn’t it?

Your brother Bhaiya was a very hard working young man and owned his own business as a promoter for bands and musicians nationwide and globally that were playing shows in India. Little did he know he was about to be involved with a guy that had fallen for his little sister. If only he knew he was about to meet this certain someone with the name of Jung Yonghwa. “Chris, can you maybe please put these crates in the basement? We really can’t let the band rehearse here when it’s a mess like this” Bhaiya commanded one of his employers. “Yes boss” the Chris dude replied lifting the crates dragging them to the basement where the storage was. “Boss, I think the band is here for rehearsal?” Arthur one of the runners informed him. Bhaiya glanced at his watch “They are so early” and followed Arthur to the VIP entrance of the venue. The CNBlue concert was tomorrow and today, this afternoon would come in to check out the venue and rehearse before doing some broadcasting and radio promotion locally, but they were at least 20 minutes early.

“I am sorry we are a little early. I am CNBlue’s manager Han” and reached out his hand to Bhaiya. “Nice to meet you. I am Bhaiya, the local promoter” and shook hands with CNBlue’s manager. “Is it okay for us to do the sound check a little early? There has been some shifting in their schedule as of an hour ago” the manager informed. “Oh well that is not a problem. The stage is already set and ready for soundcheck if necessary. Do you need an extra hand unloading the gear?” Bhaiya asked while the CNBlue boys were stepping out one by one. “If you have someone we can borrow, that would be great” manager Han replied turning back to the van to grab whatever he needed before he closed it. “The weather is great” Minhyuk cheered hopping off the van behind Jungshin who was stretching himself. “Yah, this venue looks pretty awesome” Yonghwa smiled taking off his sunglasses investigating the back entrance of the building. “Wait until you see the inside” Bhaiya smiled grabbing his walkie talkie “Arthur can you please start unloading the gear from the van. Oh and ask someone to help you with that” and clipped it back on his pants. “Let’s show you guys around so you know where everything is and if you need anything, I’ll make sure to make that happen”. All four of them nodded and followed Bhaiya around while he showed the band and manager the entire backstage area as well as their dressing rooms and emergency exits while the in-house runners were setting up the instruments for soundchecking.

After CNBlue were done with a relatively long soundcheck, your brother closed up the venue after a short meeting meeting with his staff in regards to CNBlue’s concert the next day and went to your cousin Ashish’s local Music store where he sell instruments. “Bhaiya, what can I do for you?” Ashish asked as soon as his cousin walked in. “I need a new microphone for the soundcheck and concert tomorrow. The best one” “Ah there is a concert again tomorrow? I thought I heard something about this. Some Korean band right? Some girls are really going crazy for them coming” Ashish smiled while he went into the storage for the microphone your brother asked for. It was expensive but the best quality there was. “Just  pay me after the show. It’s okay” Ashish smiled. “Hey thanks man. You will see me tomorrow” Bhaiya smiled before he walked out of the store and CNBlue walked in. “Hey look at this. This is pretty awesome” Minhyuk grinned sitting behind the drums that was displayed in the store and started drumming a little. In curiousity Ashish was looking around wondering what the noise was all about. “Dude, they really have some bad guitars here” Jungshin smiled like a boy in the candy store checking out several bass guitars. “You’re thinking of buying a new one?” Jonghyun L asked looking at Yonghwa who was checking out guitars as well. “I might buy one if I see one. How often are we coming to India and I must say they have some really nice looking guitars here” Yonghwa smirked.

“Can I be of any help?” Ashish asked wondering if he could help the CNBlue guys looking for something particular. “We are looking at some new guitars” Jungshin smiled. “Any particular brand you’re looking for?” “Would it be possible to try some out?” Yonghwa asked since he saw a couple of guitars he liked. “Of course” Ashish smiled. “You won’t buy if you don’t try them right?” he joked short after. “Just take the guitar if you want to play them” your cousin added. “Awesome” Jungshin grinned as he went back to the bass guitar section checking out some red ones. “Do you think we should buy some new guitars for tomorrow’s show?” Jonghyun smiled looking at Yonghwa who clearly was thinking the same thing. “You read my mind” and took a black acoustic guitar from the rack and hang it around his neck. “We usually use more guitars during our show. We might as well get some new ones” Yonghwa smiled before he strummed the guitar. “You’re all buying new guitars?” Minhyuk smiled widely still holding some drumsticks he considered of buying. “We are thinking about it” Jonghyun smiled. “You think we should?” he then asked looking back at Minhyuk. “They really have some awesome bass guitars here. I think I want to buy this one” Jungshin added holding a deep red bass guitar when he joined the others. “Let’s just buy new ones for tomorrow’s show” Yonghwa agreed and walked to the counter followed by the rest of the group.

“You want to buy all of this?” Ashish asked sounding somewhat surprised since it didn’t happen daily that international musicians were shopping and buying from his store. “I’d like to buy these” Minhyuk smiled putting the new drum sticks on the counter searching for his credit card. “Well then….I’d like to make an offer to you guys” Ashish started while the group was exchanging glares with one another wondering what his offer could possibly be. “Try these instruments out tomorrow and then let me know if you want to buy them” Ashish offered confusing the guys even more. “But what’s the offer if we don’t pay for them?” Jungshin asked clearly looking confused. “You’ll borrow them tomorrow for the concert and buy them for 50% off if you decide to buy them” he added. “That’s very generous but you don’t really have to do that” Minhyuk continued feeling guilty getting such a discount. “We’ll take the offer and in exchange we can give you free access to our concert tomorrow” Yonghwa agreed while the others looked at him. Was he sure about making such agreements without their management present? It sure was a great deal, but Jungshin and Minhyuk were a little hesitant. “Yonghwa has a point though. I am pretty sure we can add two or four more people to the guest list right?” Jonghyun L agreed. “Exactly” Yonghwa continued and looked back at Ashish. “Would that be okay with you? It would only be fair from our side to agree this way. We will have you put on the guestlist plus one including a meet and greet and access to the concert”. “Deal” Ashish agreed. “Thank you” and Ashish went to get some guitar bags while Yonghwa informed his manager to make sure of the guest list plus one.

“We’ll see you at the concert then tomorrow and we will definitely buy the instruments” Jungshin smiled. “No problem. Have a good show tomorrow” Ashish smiled happy since he has four international customers buying such expensive instruments. “Just one question though, do you happen to know a really good restaurant where we can get really good Indian food?” Jonghyun asked swinging the guitar over his shoulder. “Well the best kitchen is mama’s kitchen” Ashish smiled before he decided to invite the band including the manager. “Can I invite you for a homemade dinner at my place? We always eat as a big family and there is no better kitchen than ours and I am sure we can have five more guests joining us at the table” Ashish insisted. Yonghwa exchanged glares with the rest of the band before he looked at Ashish “We would love to. Thank you. I will have our manager contact you then” he added before he handed the manager’s phone number to your cousin. “We’re looking forward welcoming you. Enjoy the rest of your day” Ashish smiled slightly bowing. “Excuse me, but would 6:30 be okay? We have some radio interviews to go to” Jungshin asked while the rest already left. “Perfect. We always eat around this time. I will make sure table set then”. “Thank you. Have a good day” Jungshin smiled before he left and closed the door behind him.

While your cousin made the necessary arrangements, you were flooded with text messages and photos of CNBlue arriving at the airport. Yonghwa was looking so handsome and you couldn’t stand the fact that he was so close and he didn’t contact you yet. You let out a sigh staring at your phone cursing in your mind why he was taking so long to let you know he arrived in India. Maybe he really forgot all about you. Quietly you reached for the silver necklace around your neck and rubbed the music note between your thumb and index finger. “Why? I still have your favorite necklace” you murmured and closed your eyes before you were startled by your phone beeping. You were so startled you threw your phone in the air and landed onto the floor next to your bed. Squeezing your eyes of embarrassment you slid of the bed grabbing your phone and noticed Yonghwa calling. “Yes?” you whispered casually not wanting to get caught by your parents talking to a strange boy. Handsome stranger to you that is. “Why are you whispering” Yonghwa chuckled. “Aren’t you happy to talk to me?” he joked short after. “It’s not that. I’ve been wanting to hear your voice but I can’t speak so loudly and casually because of you know, my parents” you continued to whisper with your eyes fixated at the door. “I am sorry, I forgot” Yonghwa remembered. “I was wondering what you are doing tonight? Is there a chance I can buy you the best Indian ice cream” he smirked causing you to smile. “You know I can’t say no to ice cream” and swooned at the thought of seeing his handsome face again. “But at what time would that be? I would need to bring a friend because they will never allow me to go out alone in the evening. It’s dangerous you know” you sighed. “I was thinking around eight? We were invited to a dinner by a local man who was really nice and we would be there around six thirty, so I’ll be free around eight. I can ask the others to come with if that would make it easier? And yes bring a friend. As long as I can spend some time with you. I am dying to see you, you know that?” Yonghwa confessed.

You couldn’t agree more. You wanted to see him so badly, but how on earth were you going to convince your parents to let you out for ice cream with a friend on your own? Your parents wouldn’t agree on it and if they would, one of your oppa’s would have to come with and that would totally ruin your moment. “Can I text you later about this? I will ask a friend and then ask my parents if it’s okay. I will let you know and then we can meet for ice cream” you added. “That sounds fair to me. God Misa I really just want to hold you and you still have my necklace” Yonghwa joked again making you chuckle “I am still wearing it every day. I really miss you you know. I just wish it wasn’t so hard” you sighed before you were startled by a knock on the door. “Misa dear, whom are you talking to?” your mom asked before she opened the door. “!” you cursed in your mind hiding your phone under the blankets pretending you were talking to your stuffed animal. “No one” you lied squeezing your dubu teddy. “I am pretty sure I heard you talking?” your mom continued looking a little a suspicious as if you were hiding a boy in your room. Ironically, you kind of were except he wasn’t physically present. “Oh, I was talking to myself. I do that all the time” you smiled uncomfortably. “Okay, if you say so” your mom chuckled. “Can you dress nicely for dinner later? We’re having some guests joining us for dinner. Your cousin is bringing them from work” your mom continued. You nodded “Sure. Okay. I will make sure I wear something nice” you continued to smile as if everything was completely normal. “Well then, we’ll eat around six thirty. Make sure you get ready” your mom added before she left the room again. You quickly looked at your watch and noticed it was five thirty already and waited for your mom to disappear completely before you grabbed your phone again. “I am sorry about that” you whispered not sure if your mom was eavesdropping or not. “It’s okay. I have to go too. Radio interview, but I will write you later okay?” Yonghwa smiled in which you nodded “Yes and I will let you know about tonight. Good luck and say hi to the others for me”. “I will. I miss you” he whispered before the both of you hung up and you decided to get ready for dinner.

 
 - FINALLY a new update you guys!! Again I am so sorry for the long wait, but I still hope you guys are enjoying this upate followed by another update this week....look out for it ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]