EIGHTEEN

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

“Thanks for being there for me through all this” Jamie smiled at her friend thankful she was around in the first place. “I’m your friend. I help as best as I can”.  “I guess I don’t need this second one anymore” Jamie shrugged. “Or you can always take another one to make sure?” Misa chuckled. “Well I’ll just go and see a doctor first thing next week when I’m back home. Just to make sure and have it confirmed”. “Good” Misa smiled. “Let’s hang around a little bit watching TV before we go out again to meet with CNBlue and FT Island”. Jamie nodded “Yeah good idea. I could use a bit of distraction right now” and followed her bestie back into the room sitting down on the bed to make themselves comfortable to watch a bit of TV. While Jamie decided to make herself a little bit more presentable putting a little bit of makeup on her face. She did not want to meet with CNBlue and FT Island with red puffy eyes and over cried looking face. While Jamie and Misa were watching a bit of TV Jamie decided to braid her friend’s hair as the paint on her toes were drying in the meantime, Misa’s phone started vibrating. She grabbed her phone to see who it was and noticed she received a text message from Yonghwa reading: ‘Just a reminder, don’t forget to bring your coat. It’s wet outside. See you in a bit ;) x Yonghwa’. “Who’s that?” Jamie sing-songed out of curiosity with a smile on her face, although she guessed it could be only one person, unless it was her family of course. “It’s from Yonghwa” Misa smiled unconsciously biting her lip. Jamie chuckled shaking her head. “Wow, Misa is in lo...love” she . “Did he ask you to be his girl yet?” “What? No!” Misa laughed uncomfortably. “No he has not. Hello we have not been dating as much as you and Jonghyun have. We are taking things easy”. “I know you are” she giggled. “I am happy for you. I think he’s the right guy for you” Jamie added finishing Misa’s braid with a band. “Really?” Misa asked in disbelief turning around to face Jamie. She nodded. “Yea I do very much think so. He’s patient enough to take it easy for you not rushing into all of it, which is good. And from what I can judge, he seems to be very genuine to me. Unni approves”. Misa let out a sigh “I so like him”. “Honey, you do more than just like him”. “Yea I do” Misa confessed before they both burst out in laughter. “Let’s throw our shoes on and meet with these guys. They’re probably” Jamie reminded her friend as she looked at her watch.

 

After Jamie and Misa threw their shoes back on grabbing their coats, they decided to meet with CNBlue and FT Island back at the coffee shop down the street. Which thankfully was only a five minute walk from their hotel as it had been raining a whole lot faster since they were out earlier. At least they were thankful for the warning they got not forgetting to bring a raincoat, although they both didn’t really have a rain coat other than just a thin jacket. Both Jamie and Misa rushed as fast as they could to the coffee shop because they knew that their jackets was not going to stand the buckets of water emptied above their heads. Out of breath Jamie closed the door behind her while Misa wiped off a couple of raindrops from her face. “It’s much much better out here” she sniffed shaking the rain from her hands. Jamie looked around but she didn’t really see those guys at first. “You think we came too early?” Jamie sniffed looking back at her friend. Misa shook her head scanning the shop and noticed them all sitting at a table, probably waiting for them. “I found them” Misa assured Jamie pulling on her arm. “There you are” Yonghwa smiled cutely at the two of them while they just waved their hand. “We’re here”. “Don’t you have raincoats?” Yonghwa asked surprised moving his eyes between Jamie and Misa. “What’s wrong with my jacket?” Misa asked bluntly. “Sweetie, rain like this will soak your jacket” Yonghwa reminded her flashing his killer smile. “But you’re lucky we have umbrella’s” he chuckled short after. “I did not exactly prepare for weather like this when I booked my vacation to Seoul” Jamie confessed tucking a few hairs behind her ear. “It’ll get cosy” Yonghwa joked getting up from his seat throwing on his coat. “But you can also wear mine?” he whispered looking at Misa. “I...I think your coat is too big for me, but thanks. You should wear your own. Besides, I have a jacket don’t I?” she sing-songed making her point. “Fair enough” Yonghwa chuckled taking the umbrella. “I think we’re ready to go now” he continued looking at everyone else sitting around the table. “Noona...you can walk under my umbrella?” Minhyuk offered. Jamie nodded “Okay, thanks!” “Hyung, which dorm are we going?” HongKi asked looking at Yonghwa ready to leave.

 

“We’ll go to our dorm?” Yonghwa insisted. “Sounds good” Jonghoon agreed. They all threw on their jackets and left the coffee shop following Yonghwa and Misa who took lead. “You can walk closer” Yonghwa smirked wrapping an arm around Misa’s shoulder pulling her closer to him to make sure she was covered by the umbrella. “Noona, there really is something going on between those two right?” Minhyuk sing songed asking looking at Jamie pointing at Yonghwa and Misa in front of them. Jamie shrugged “You think?” and started to laugh. After a little walk in the rain following the leader Yonghwa, they finally arrived at the CNBlue dorm. They were more than happy to be back inside since the rain was making it somewhat chilly outside and were immediately greeted by their excited doggies who came out to greet them. “Hiiii” Misa sing songed going through her knees to pet the dogs one by one as they were her hands and leaning onto her legs. “Forever drawn by doggies” Jamie chuckled. “They are barely this excited to any stranger” Jungshin smiled. “Noona how do you do that?” Minhyuk giggled thinking it was somewhat cute?” Misa raised her shoulders “I don’t know. Dogs just like me I guess”. “Just like hyung” he then replied while Misa’s cheeks turned a light shade of red. She looked away back to the dogs trying to hide her blushing cheeks leaving the FT Island members to wonder what was actually going on between Misa and Yonghwa. They were not going to ask since it was not their place to. He would come out with it sooner or later right? “How about we drink something warm?” Jonghyun suggested so they could all sit down and do a board game, watch TV or talk. “Yes please” Jamie smiled following Jonghyun into the house while one of the doggies followed her this time and started to scratch her leg for attention looking up. “Someone wants your attention” Jonghyun chuckled preparing hot chocolate for everyone before he noticed it was his doggie Shiro.

 

Jamie looked down and noticed the white fluffy looking doggie up at her. She went through her knees to pet the little doggie while she was sniffing her hand as if she was hiding something in her hands she was searching for. “Hot chocolate everyone? Or does anybody want tea?” Jonghyun asked once more as soon as everyone walked further into the house after taking their jackets and shoes off.  Everyone made it clear they were all going for hot chocolate and that was making it easier for Jonghyun to prepare the same thing for everyone. “Let me help you” Jamie insisted walking into the kitchen since there were eleven mugs to prepare. “What shall we do? Watch TV do a game?” Jungshin asked as he was sitting himself on the ground while Misa and Yonghwa sat themselves down next to him. “How about we play a little truth or dare?” Jaejin suggested making himself comfortable on the couch while Jamie and Jonghyun walked back and forth putting all the mugs with hot chocolate on the table in the living room. Misa wasn’t sure about this whole truth or dare suggestion that Jaejin made. It made her a little anxious. “I think it shall be fun to do a truth or dare game. We are with a big group. The bigger the group the better it gets” Minhwan agreed. “Anyone else agreeing on this?” Jaejin asked looking around, but no one really raised a hand and mumbled they were in for it. “Let’s wait for hyung and noona so we can play” Jungshin added taking a sip from his hot chocolate. Yonghwa who was sitting next to Misa noticed her facial expression not sure what to make of it. “You’re okay with this?” he smiled cutely at her. Misa blinked her eyes smiling nervously back at him “I at games like these. God knows what everyone comes up with” she confessed. “But that also makes it exciting?” Yonghwa whispered cheekily trying to loosen her up a little.

 

Both Jamie and Jonghyun joined the group after they put down the last mugs of hot chocolate and decided to sit themselves on the ground since the couch was occupied. “What are we playing?” Jonghyun asked wondering why there wasn’t any kind of board game on the table in front of him. “We’re playing truth or dare” Minhyuk smiled sounding somewhat excited about it. ‘Truth or dare?’ Jamie thought. Jamie hated these kind of games simply because people always let her end up doing things that are rather embarrassing and no fun at all. But since everyone else wanted to play how could she possibly back out of it? She didn’t really know everybody in the room, but how bad can it be? “Who’s starting?” Jungshin asked looking at Jaejin since he was the brains behind all of this in the first place. “How about the youngest in the group starts and from there we will go with the clock?” Jaejin suggested in agreement of everyone else nodding. “Well Seunghyun, I’m sorry buddy but you seem to be the baby amongst all of us” Jonghoon chuckled. Jamie was relieved that they didn’t decide to pick the oldest because she never liked starting anything and she liked to keep it that way. “Now I randomly have to pick someone in the group to ask truth or dare right?” Seunghyun asked to make sure he got the game right. Jaejin nodded “Just pick anyone”. “Alright...truth or dare...Jungshin?” he asked sitting across his friend. “Truth” Jungshin smiled with anticipation curious what question he was going to get. “What is the worst gift you ever received from anybody?” Jungshin blinked his eyes not really sure what to answer to that and scratched his head. “Couldn’t you come up with a better one?” he mumbled clearly cracking his brain. “It’s hard to pick something. I can’t really recall I got something from someone I didn’t like…” he continued making a thoughtful expression.

 

“I think if I really have to pick something...I once got a rock from a girl when I was in middle school. She convinced me it was a magical kind of rock and that I should keep it, but I never really took it inside the house with me and just planted in the backyard with a bunch of other rocks” he added with a chuckle. “You got a rock from a girl? Now that must have been love” Jonghoon laughed thinking it was ridiculously funny. “Don’t make fun of that one okay? I was only seven or something, but the rock was really...nothing special. It just looked like any other rock to me” Jungshin defended himself. “It looks like she wanted something from you?” Minhyuk teased his band member. Jungshin shook his head. “I don’t know. It’s too far back. But if I had to pick something it would be that”. “Now you have to pick someone” Jaejin smiled looking at his friend. “I am thinking of someone” Jungshin smirked looking around the room. “Truth or dare...Jaejin” he added. “Truth” Jaejin answered with confidence. “Okay, what is the craziest pickup line you have ever used on a girl you wanted to ask out?” Jungshin asked curious what his friend and colleague will answer to that. “Okay to the two girls in the room with us, I already apologized because this one is really, really embarrassing” Jaejin pre warned both Jamie and Misa. They both looked at each other and looked back at Jaejin curious what could possibly be so bad. “It can’t be that bad right?” Misa smiled before she took a sip from her hot chocolate. “Try this: Can I have directions...to your heart?” Jaejin confessed. “That’s the worst pickup line I have ever used and it didn’t even work” he added. Jamie chuckled thinking it was cheesy. “You did not really say that to a girl?” Jaejin raised his shoulders. “I am sorry but I did”. “What did this girl do?” Yonghwa asked looking somewhat amused. “She eh...gave me a spank on the back of my head. I’ll never use that line ever again”. “Yah, I would have spanked you on the head too” Seunghyun chuckled in amusement. “Don’t ever use that again” Jamie advised him taking another sip from her Choco.

 

“Anyways...truth or dare...Minhyuk” Jaejin shrugged at the guy sitting next to Jamie. “Dare” Minhyuk smiled eagerly ready to do whatever was asked of him while everyone else in the room gave Jaejin an anticipated look. “Wear your underpants over your pair of jeans you’re wearing right now and run around this room yelling ‘I am the super man’”. Yonghwa gave Minhyuk a shocked look as if saying ‘You’re not really going to are you?’ but so were Jamie and Misa. It definitely was about to get interesting. “I don’t really have to take my undies off right?” Minhyuk asked feeling somewhat regretting he said ‘dare’ in the first place. Jaejin shook his head “No of course not. Just grab clean ones and wear it over your jeans. That’s enough” he laughed leaning back on his hands. Minhyuk shook his head. “I can’t believe I am doing this” and got up heading into the bedroom and turned around before he disappeared. “No pictures okay? This is really embarrassing”. “Just go already” Jonghyun chuckled thinking this was going to be hilarious. Minhyuk did as told and disappeared into the bedroom throwing on his underwear over his jeans and took a deep breath before he ran into the living room yelling ‘I am the super man’. Everyone in the room didn’t see that one coming as he did it unexpectedly and everyone in the room was laughing their asses off. It definitely was the best dare question Jamie has heard in a long time and she couldn’t even remember she laughed this hard that her stomach was hurting., but even Jungshin was on his back laughing to tears. “Minhyuk, you’re the truth or dare hero today, I swear” Jaejin laughed when Minhyuk rejoined the group after he took his undies back off in the bedroom. “That really is the craziest thing I have ever done. I don’t intend on doing that again ok?” Minhyuk smiled relieved that his challenge was over, but even he could see the fun through the embarrassment.

 

“Now it’s all up to you” Jaejin chuckled looking at Minhyuk who was still catching his breath from running around the room making a complete fool out of himself. “Alright” Minhyuk sighed looking around the room as if it was hard to target at someone. He first looked at Jamie and then back at Misa, mischievously moving his eyes between the two of them. Both Jamie and Misa were anxious to be next and surprised everyone else in the room by suddenly looking at Yonghwa. “Truth or dare, Yonghwa” Minhyuk smiled looking at his hyung sitting a few players away. “Why me?” Yonghwa shrugged giving his roommate a shocked look. “Why not you?” Minhyuk chuckled. “I happen to have a very good truth or dare for you in my head. Just for you”. “Mhm...I’ll go for a dare” Yonghwa smiled with confidence. What can Minhyuk possibly come up with that is embarrassing or daring enough? “Oh boy, are you sure about this?” Jonghyun chuckled amused by the evil grin on Minhyuk’s face. “I don’t have fear” Yonghwa smiled. “What is it? I’ll handle it” and looked at Minhyuk full in anticipation. “Ok...Have the person to the left of you do your makeup…” Minhyuk started. Yonghwa frowned as if saying ‘Are you crazy?’ while it took seconds for Misa to realize she was on his left. “...Blindfolded…” Minhyuk then added after the pause.

 

“Wae?” Yonghwa smiled uncomfortably knowing this was going to be a disaster. “Yah, how did you come up with this?” Minhyuk raised his shoulders in amusement. “It’s the master’s mind. I told you” he sing songed with a never ending smile plastered on his face. “Anyone has makeup? You girls must have something right?” Jaejin asked moving eyes between Misa and Jamie. Jamie nodded digging into her purse. “I do” and flashed mascara, blush, eyeliner and a light shade of pink lip-gloss. “This will do right?” she smiled putting it in front of her. “Good luck” Jamie whispered in her friend’s ear sitting at the right of her. ‘They cannot be really serious about this right?’ Misa murmured inside her mind. ‘How can I put makeup on to someone I have feelings for? Blindfolded?’ she repeated inside her head once more. “We need a blindfold” Minhyuk smiled getting up to see if he can find a napkin or kitchen towel, or anything big enough to blindfold Misa. “Whoever tapes this...I’ll know where you live” Yonghwa threatened with an evil smile. “I’m forever intimidated” Seunghyun grinned in amusement not taking any of Yonghwa’s threads seriously. Minhyuk came back waving a kitchen towel to blindfold Misa with and sat back down eagerly folding it. “Please don’t be mad at me for this okay?” Misa whispered looking at Yonghwa sitting next to her feeling embarrassed she was asked to do this. She rarely used makeup herself and how on earth is it going to look a little decent? It’s definitely not going to be. Yonghwa gave her one of his cute and y smiles to assure her he is playing. “I won’t get mad at you” he whispered causing Misa to smile after all trying not to embarrass him or herself.

 

“I’ll do my best not to make you look like a clown. Forgive me if it gets ugly” she apologized once more. “Okay here it goes” Minhyuk sing-songed stepping behind Misa ready to wrap the folded towel around her eyes. “I am sorry, what do I do with all this? What if I poke his eye?” Misa mumbled looking at Jamie not sure what to start. “Relax, it’s just a game” she chuckled. “Do what you usually would do if you put makeup on yourself when you do for a special occasion”. Misa nodded “Right” she whispered giving Yonghwa one last painful expression before the kitchen towel blinded her. “How many fingers do I hold?” Jaejin whispered holding four fingers in front of her eyes to make sure she had no chance to peek. “Two?” Misa guessed assuring everyone else she was blindfolded correctly. “Just start whenever you’re ready” Minhyuk added as he moved away back to his own spot so he could clearly observe what was going on. Full in anticipation and amusement Misa started moving her hands over the four makeup items in front of her deciding to start with the blush. That couldn’t be possibly hard to apply right? Even a blind woman could do it, so she thought. Eagerly Misa struggled opening the blush box and took the little brush in it with her hands the brush on the powder ready to apply on Yonghwa’s cheeks. Jamie had a hard time to contain her laughter as Misa was discovering his face with one hand trying to position his cheeks. When Misa thought she located his cheeks she confidently applied the blush on both sides causing everyone in the room to giggle making Misa even more nervous. They all laugh, so it must be bad? ‘God what am I doing?’ she cursed inside her head moving to the next best thing she had her hands on, the mascara.

 

“What is this?” Misa asked not sure what she grabbed. She guessed it was either the mascara or the lip-gloss. She might not be a makeup wearing person, she knew mascara had a little funny smell to them sometimes and so she decided to smell before she was going to apply lip gloss on his eyes or eyebrows or something. As soon as she was confident it was the mascara she was mastering now she leaned back in ready to apply mascara on Yonghwa. His eyes grew big in fear as if she was ready to poke his eyes out in amusement to everyone else watching. In reflex he closed his eyes to make sure it would not poke his eyes. After all he did not want to give the girl he likes so much the kind of guilt feeling she did something harmful. Misa had no idea where the mascara went near his eyes on his face, but he didn’t whimper so she assumed she didn’t hurt him. She moved the mascara away and grabbed the next best thing, the lip-gloss. It gave her some sort of a relief knowing this was probably the easiest she could do. With confidence she leaned forward applying the mascara on his lips after she located his mouth with her fingers. Those lips that kissed her several times. Those lips she’s like to touch and taste with her own again. ‘Come on Misa, get yourself together and apply the freaking lip-gloss’. Delicately she applied the light rosy lip gloss on his lips knowing this was the end. She was no way going to use the eyeliner, this was too much. Besides, she already thought using these three things would make him look like a clown already, no need to make it worse than it probably already was.

 

Everyone in the room was laughing admiring Yonghwa’s little makeover. “Gosh hyung, you really look good” Jungshin chuckled teasing the leader a little. “I don’t even want to know what I look like right now” Yonghwa sighed pained but still smiling even though he knew he must be looking funny this time around. “I did bad didn’t I?” Misa whispered removing the folded kitchen towel around her eyes. She held her hand in front of in shock while she found everyone laughing. ‘I did not seriously do this?’ she repeated to herself. She definitely was ready to run away and hide herself. He must like her a lot so he can tolerate this. The blush was everywhere. It was so pink it looked like paint. The mascara was closer to his eyebrows than it was near his eyes. The only thing that looked somewhat decent was the lip-gloss. It was maybe colored outside the lines a little but it was on his lips. “I’m sorry” she whispered giving Yonghwa a painful facial expression not knowing if she should remain serious or laugh just like everyone else. “I forgive you” he whispered flashing her one of his cute and killer smiles winking at her. She couldn’t help and started to let go and smile with it. “Now that is what I call a dare” Jaejin smiled still laughing like a crazy. “I know...I know” Minhyuk shrugged taking credit for everything. “How long do I have to sit with this face?” Yonghwa asked curious how he looks, or maybe its best he doesn’t know. “You can keep it on for the next fifteen minutes. After that you can take it off” Minhyuk assured his leader. “Alright” Yonghwa sighed strangely starting to embrace his new look. “Now it’s all your turn” Minhyuk sing-songed looking at the Yonghwa to keep the game going.

 

The truth or dare game lasted for at least four more hours and everyone took turns at least twice. There was a right amount of laughing and entertainment going on for sure and before everyone actually knew it was close to dinner time. “Isn’t it time to order in some food or something?” Jonghyun suggested since he noticed it was close to dinner time looking at his watch. “We can order in some food no?” Hongki suggested looking around to see if everyone else agreed with him. “You know what? How about I’ll pick up some food from the restaurant nearby” Yonghwa started as he straighten himself. “These doggies need to be walked too no?” he continued looking at Jungshin and Jonghyun. They both nodded. “But this is something we can take care of ourselves” Jungshin reminded his hyung, “Fine, if you guys walk your dogs, I will go pick up some food” Yonghwa insisted. “Would you mind to come with?” he asked looking at Misa who just blankly stared at him. Even though the members of FT Island weren’t so obviously aware of everything that was going on between Misa and Yonghwa, the rest of the CNBlue members were and they knew their leader was trying to have his one on one time with Misa. “Will you come with me?” Yonghwa asked again giving her the kind of look as if begging ‘Please, I want to be alone with you for a second’. Misa took the hint and nodded “Okay, I’ll come” and straighten herself as well ready to leave the dorm to get some food. “I’ll just stay here with the rest, sounds okay?” Jamie smiled looking at her bestie who knew she didn’t feel like going out. “Let’s make some more hot chocolate” Minhyuk insisted as he walked into the kitchen. “I’ll help” Jamie volunteered and followed Minhyuk into the kitchen with a set of mugs in her hands. “We’ll be back in a bit. You guys will be staying over for dinner as well?” Yonghwa asked buttoning his coat looking at the FT Island members. They all nodded in union. “How can we turn down free food?”  Jaejin chuckled. “Next round is on you” Yonghwa shrugged pointing at him. “We’ll be back in a bit” he added taking Misa by her hand and dragged her outside of the dorm.

 

MISA'S POV

“Sorry about the messed up makeup earlier” you apologize once more after Yonghwa closed the door shut behind him. Yonghwa shook his head holding out the umbrella above your head with one head and held her hand in his other. “Don’t worry about it” he smirked as you walked the sidewalk in the pouring rain. “Your face must feel sore from rubbing all that makeup from your face, especially the mascara” you smiled. Yonghwa chuckled “A little. I feel for you girls wearing that all the time, even though I know you don’t wear it”. “Is that supposed to be a good thing, or a bad thing?” Yonghwa shook his head. “Don’t get me wrong. I have nothing against makeup, but I prefer girls who are natural” he confessed looking down at you squeezing your hand. “Just like you”. You smiled blushing at his words. “I don’t like makeup much either, but thank you” and looked up meeting your eyes with his. He stopped in his tracks stepping in front of you. “I want you to know that I like you just the way you are. Just be yourself with me okay?” You nodded and before you could say anything he leaned in pressing his lips on yours gently kissing them holding the umbrella so that no one could see. You smiled endlessly loving every second the kiss lasted. Somehow when he did kiss you, you wanted another one and another one. “Let’s go get us some food before the others start complaining we take too long” Yonghwa smirked mischievously crossing the street holding your hand tightly taking you into the traditional Korean restaurant. “Is there anything specifically you want to try” Yonghwa asked while you were looking at the menu but couldn’t really decide. “Gosh I don’t know. I am not any good with this. Anything looks tasty to me” you confessed. “Surprise me. I am new to most Korean dishes. I am willing to try everything. Only when it’s not shrimps or any of that. I am allergic to this”. Yonghwa nodded “Yea you told me.  Let’s just get the best they have huh?” he smirked taking on his order.  After the two of you waited a little ten minutes the friendly lady behind the counter wrapped everything up in paper and plastic bags. “Enjoy your meal” the lady smiled at Yonghwa who obviously sounded he was coming to this place frequently. “Let’s go home before it gets cold” he insisted as they crossed the street back to the CNBlue dorm where everyone was patiently waiting for food.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]