TWENTY-FOUR

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

NO POV

Once Misa and Yonghwa had Jamie's suitcase they left the hotel as Yonghwa was dragging the heavy suitcase behind him facing the rain all over again. "Do you girls always pack this much?" he joked opening the trunk throwing the suitcase in and closed it again. Misa crossed her arms in front of her chest "What? We're here for what? Three weeks? Us girls need our stuff. You really just sound like one of my oppa's. He said the exact same thing before I left" she pouted. "You're so adorable when you do that" Yonghwa teased Misa a little more with a never ending smile on his face. "Do what?" Misa asked clueless looking at herself as if she could notice anything. Yonghwa stepped closer. "When you pout" he whispered tucking a hair that was stuck to her face back behind her ear. "Let's get back in the car before you get sick" he insisted opening the door for Misa to get in while she just lifelessly stared in front of her before she actually came back down to reality to move herself into the car. "Misa? What's wrong with you?" she mumbled to herself. And the thought that Yonghwa offered to stay with her until she leaves made her even more nervous. He is having that effect on her since the day CNBlue decided to pull over their van and help two los puppies because of a broken car. Misa got startled as soon as Yonghwa stepped behind the wheel closing the door behind him. She was so lost in thought thinking back to their first encounter she nearly had a heartattack. "I closed it too hard didn't I?" Yonghwa nearly whispered giving Misa a pained expression before he looked over his shoulder to the backseat where Jamie was still asleep except this time her head was resting on Jonghyun's lap. "I think someone is in need of sleep" Yonghwa chuckled focussing back to the road in front of him and the traffic on the left so he could merge in. Jonghyun on the other hand couldn't stop smiling while he Jamie's hair realizing how much he missed her when he was in Brazil. "I think unni is so tired from all these nights she didn't really sleep" Misa confessed letting out a sigh. "What? She didn't sleep?" Jonghyun asked with that worried look on his face. Misa shook her head "I know she didn't. She was so tired every morning. I guess she's been missing you that much she couldn't sleep even if she tried. It's really good that you're back". Jonghyun looked back down to his lap caressing her cheek shaking his head. He couldn't believe it his girl was probably in this state because she didn't eat enough because she threw up all time and on top of that she didn't sleep either. It was definitely a good thing she was coming home with him. After driving for a little fifteen minutes and slow traffic, they finally made it to where they needed to be.

 

"Baby we're here" Jonghyun whispered in Jamie's ear as soon as Yonghwa made his car stop in front of the SHINee dorm. Groggily she opened her eyes scratching her head. "What?" she murmured followed by a big yawn holding her hand in front of . Jonghyun smiled taking Jamie's right hand in his. "We're here? You fell asleep. You think you can walk?" he asked carefully still sounding worried. She gave him a small nod which didn't entirely convince him. "I'll be right back ok?" Jonghyun whispered kissing Jamie's cheek before he stepped out to grab her suitcase and take it inside while Misa and Yonghwa waited in the car with Jamie until Jonghyun would return. "Hyung, you're back already?!" Taemin asked with a sleepy face still looking trashed and jetlagged from their trip to Brazil. "Where's Jamie?" he then asked looking around as if he was waiting for her to appear around the corner somewhere while Jonghyun pulled Jamie's suitcase behind him putting it away in his bedroom. "Did someone change the bedsheets?" Jonghyun asked confused since he couldn't remember doing it before he left to Brazil. "I think Key-hyung changed it. I saw him going in and out of the room taking out his stuff moving it to Onew's room earlier. I thought Jamie was going to stay with us? I mean with you?" the maknae fired questions pulling the lid from his strawberry flavored yogurt dessert. "Jamie's in the car, but she's still a little weak so I came up here first to bring her things up" Jonghyun explained closing the door to his room again. "Is she alright?" Taemin asked his spoon giving Jonghyun a concerned look. Jonghyun nodded "Yea she will be okay. It's just that she can still feel light headed from time to time. And I can't let her stay in the hospital. It's going to make her crazy" Jonghyun sighed. "Hyung?!" Key coed surprised while his doggies rushed into the living room happy to be inside again since it was raining. "Just give me a minute! Jamie's still in the car. I'll be right up" Jonghyun excused himself leaving Key confused while Taemin disappeared back into the living room to finish his yogurt. By the time Jonghyun came back to the car, Jamie had closed her eyes, clearly fighting her sleep. "Baby" he whispered tucking her hair behind her ear as she opened her eyes again. "Mhm?" she mumbled struggling to keep her eyes open. "Come on. I'll put you to bed". With a little help she managed to get out of the car but was somewhat unstable being back on her feet. Jonghyun turned around slightly going through his knees pulling Jamie's arms around his neck ready to piggyback her inside. "Thanks guys! For everything" Jonghyun smiled thankfully at both Misa and Yonghwa. If it weren't for them to find his girl things could have been a whole lot worse. "No need to thank me. Bring her to bed already. She'll end up having a fever too otherwise" Yonghwa convinced the now getting wet Jonghyun. "I'll give you guys a call later" he excused himself carrying you inside on his back while both Misa and Yonghwa waited until they disappeared inside of the building.

 

MISA'S POV

You smiled once the two lovebirds were gone and focused back on whatever was in front of you. "They really are in love that much aren't they?" Yonghwa chuckled turning the key back around in the ignition. "I think they are. I don't really believe in love at first sight much, but somehow they make it look so easy. I wonder how they do that" and looked back at Yonghwa who stepped on the gas driving the car away. "Now let's get some ice cream" he smiled ily at you. "A promise is a promise isn't? Besides, someone I know happens to love chocolate ice cream and I bet she can't say no to that" he then teased you. You tried hard to hide your blushing since it was about you and playfully poked his arm. "Focus back on the road you". Yonghwa chuckled when he noticed you were blushing and made his way to his favorite ice cream salon where he took you before. Only this time, he was treating you for the chocolate flavors you didn't try just yet. He knew very well you were leaving and he could not let you leave the country not knowing what these other chocolates taste like. "It's really raining a lot in Korea isn't it?" you whined as you were preparing yourself to get out of the car after Yonghwa parked it as close as he could. No matter how much he tried, you still had to walk a few meters. "Or is it because we are here?" you joked looking over your shoulder to Yonghwa who was about to step out too. "It's really not raining as much as it looks like. It's all bad timing" he smiled closing the door before he dived into the trunk to take out an umbrella. By the time Yonghwa reached you, you already closed the door too while the rain was dripping down your face. "Aigo, you're going to get sick like this" he sing-songed yet worried running his fingers through your wet hair. "Here, hold this" he instructed you. You clearly did as told looking at him a little dumbfounded wondering what he was going to do next. As you were holding the umbrella Yonghwa took his jacket off and draped it around your shoulders. "Next time, I want you to wear a jacket. How can you not wear one?" he added giving you a look of sincerity. You raised your shoulders "Hey, I can't help it that mother nature wants to spill buckets of water whenever I go out without a jacket?! It's summer. It's not supposed to rain like this" you shamelessly defended yourself. Yonghwa shook his head taking the umbrella from you before he grabbed your hand and guided you to the ice cream salon down the street from where he just parked his car.

 

Once you were inside Yonghwa shook some of the water from the umbrella before he closed the door entering behind you. The old man behind the desk grew a sincere smile happy to see some customers coming in despite of the crazy rainy weather outside. "What can I do for you?" the friendly man then asked while you were quietly studying the chocolate flavors behind the glass. "Can I have a big bowl of ice cream filled with all these homemade chocolate flavors you have?" Yonghwa replied giving the man behind the counter 15.000 won. At first he gave Yonghwa a confused look as if he'd gone crazy. Was he serious? "Sir, but this is too much?!" the man mumbled. "Keep the change for the good service" Yonghwa smiled grabbing your hand guiding you to a small table. "How much do you think I am going to eat?" you whispered leaning forward on the table. "Don't worry. We'll eat it together" Yonghwa smirked stretching his arms out on the table taking your hands in his squeezing them. "Besides, I know what you're thinking" he bluffed. You chuckled nearly giggling "Yea? What am I thinking?" and dared him to even try to guess. "You're thinking: How can I get to taste all these delicious looking chocolate flavors when I can't choose. I'm right? Yes?" You shrugged because he was close. Very close. "Not entirely, but I was having a hard time to pick one yes" you confessed looking down at the table before meeting your eyes with the handsome looking young man sitting in front of you. "A big bowl of all chocolate flavored ice creams for the newlyweds and two spoons" the friendly old man smiled putting down the crystal looking bowl in front of you on the table before he smiled moving his eyes between the two of you. "If you need anything, I'll be right there" and bowed leaving you two to it. Did he just called you two 'Newlyweds'? Based on what? Holding hands? Yonghwa had a never ending smile plastered on his face looking somewhat amused by the assumption and your shocked facial expression. "He didn't really just say that right?" you whispered leaning a little forward just to make sure only Yonghwa would hear and no one else. "I'm afraid he just did" Yonghwa chuckled. "But the poor man is a little old. I don't think he see couples like us every day?" You just sat there taking in Yonghwa's theory. He was joking right? Yonghwa picked up one of the spoons from the table ready to feed himself. "Go on! You don't want this delicious taste go to waste, right?" and gave you one of his y smiles that was rather a little seductive. You grabbed the other spoon and dipped it into the big bowl of chocolate ice cream feeding yourself. He was right. This taste should not go to waste. "Mhm, this really is divine" you sighed as if it was the best you ever tried eagerly taking another spoon. "I take that it's been approved" Yonghwa chuckled the ice cream from the spoon he just fed himself. You gave him a clear nod. "I don't think I ever had better chocolate ice cream than this" you confessed keeping your eyes on him. "You are just taking me here on purpose. You know I will miss this place and coming here". Yonghwa shrugged dipping his spoon back the chocolate mass. "Guilty! I just want to make sure you will remember Seoul for a very long time. Even if it's just the ice cream" and took a bite from the chocolate chip "By the way, you shouldn't forget about me though" he smiled with both his eyes and face that made your heart hump unevenly.

 

Once you finished your ice cream you felt as if your tummy was about to explode. So full, but then again, Mr Jung served you with a big bowl of your favorite chocolate ice cream and according to him the best in town. “Did you have enough?” Yonghwa chuckled a little amused by your facial expression as you were trying to hide your burps covering your mouth with your hand. “I’m stuffed” you convinced him throwing your free hand in the air. “That’s good. I just want to make sure you’ve had enough” Yonghwa smiled uncontrollably bringing the crystal bowl back to the counter. “The ice cream was delicious as always” he smiled politely to the grateful old man who gave him a polite bow. Yonghwa returned to the table holding his hand out to you “Let’s go for a walk. It will make you feel less bloated”. You blinked tilting your head before you placed your hand in his. “I feel as if I gained at least a couple of pounds eating all of that”. “You’ll feel better. Come on!” Yonghwa insisted as he pulled you up guiding you out of the door slowly enough for you to smile at the owner who assumed you were newlyweds. Yonghwa looked up at the skies before his eyes moved down to his watch showing nine-thirty and moved them back at you. “We should get going. The skies look a little bit suspicious to me”. “At least it stopped raining” you sing-songed dryly. “At least for now that is”. Yonghwa shook his head “It won’t be long until Mother Nature decides to give us a free shower again” he joked making you giggle.

 

Back at Yonghwa’s car the two of you stepped in heading off to the dorm where CNBlue lived. Yonghwa needed to get some of his stuff since he wasn’t exactly prepared to be staying these last three nights in the hotel with you. Feeling a bit better you stepped out of the vehicle while Yonghwa walked around it to lock with a remote key and grabbed your hand again dragging you into the apartment complex before lightning startled you. “Geesh! Why?” you sighed looking over your shoulder squeezing Yonghwa’s hand. You really hated thunders. Everyone who likes or enjoys it are out of their minds you thought since it was more of a torture to you. Yonghwa unlocked the door once the elevator stopped on the floor he lived. “Anyone home?” he asked without getting a response. “I guess the other guys are out. It’s just you and me”. You quietly followed Yonghwa into the house rubbing your arms as if you were cold, but you actually were. The rain from earlier was still soaked into your clothes and started to feel a little cold to you. Yonghwa noticed you were rubbing your arms and disappeared into his bedroom coming back with a hoodie that would probably be way too big for you, but at least it was dry and warm. “Wear this. It’s a lot warmer than what you wear right now”. You shook your head “No no, I’m okay. We’ll be back at the hotel in a bit don't we?” Yonghwa sighed giving you his innocent soft smile again. “It won’t be long but I still need to grab a few things. Please wear this? You shouldn’t get sick” he insisted. Hesitantly you took the hoodie. He was right, anything was warmer than what you were wearing right now. “Thanks”. “I’ll be out in a minute okay? Make yourself at home” Yonghwa smiled planting a kiss on your cheek before he disappeared back into his bedroom again. No matter how many times he took your hands in his you’d feel all giddy and funny inside and no matter how many times he’d kiss your cheeks, it made you smile for no reason.

 

Quickly not wanting to get caught changing your top, you magically exchanged your shirt for the warm hoodie Yonghwa gave to you. You chuckled for the fact of how big it was on you but it was comfortable. And the smell. It smelled like a field of flowers and green grass after a rainy day. It smelled good and it tickled your senses in a very good way. Just when you were walking around their dorm again checking out some books and CD’s that were lying here in there you were startled by a thunder bang outside as well as Jungshin standing behind you the second you turned around. “Holy…” you panted catching your breath. “I didn’t...you know…” you continued with one hand on your chest picking as you felt your heart beating a whole lot faster. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you like that” Jungshin apologise as continued to dry his hair on a towel. You shook your head “No it’s not you. I just didn’t expect you”. Jungshin smiled “Alright! Did you come here by yourself?” You again shook your head “No, I am waiting for your roommate”. “Cool! Can I get you something to drink while you’re out here waiting?” Jungshin asked still smiling hanging the towel over the back of one of the chairs in the kitchen. “A water. Thanks” you smiled hiding your hands in the sleeves of the grey hoodie sitting down at the kitchen table. “I thought I was not going to see you again so soon” Jungshin continued putting the glass of water on the table in front of you. “Weren’t you going back to India?” “I am. I’ll be going back in two days. It’s kind of sad” you sighed wrapping your hands firmly around the glass before taking a sip. “I don’t feel like leaving the city just yet, but what can I do? My job waits for me and so does my family. To all good things come an end”. “I guess so” Jungshin added as he sat himself down at the kitchen table with you. “But the most important thing is that you had fun. You did right?” You chuckled nodding your head “Of course I did. It’s a beautiful city with beautiful people. And of course getting to know you and the rest of the guys has been great too. I guess I will really miss this city and its people” you confessed taking a bigger sip from your glass of water this time. “We’ll be visiting India soon according to the manager and when we do, we need to hang out. I insist we do. Maybe you can show us around showing us some history” Jungshin convinced you. “I’ll remember that!”

 

Just while you were having a casual conversation with Jungshin, whom you thought wasn’t so talkative those times you saw him, Yonghwa walked in holding a big sports bag with what you’d assumed to be his clothes and whatnot for these remaining two nights he insisted on staying with you. “You’re going somewhere?” Jungshin asked giving his hyung a confused look. “I am” Yonghwa smiled swinging the bag over his shoulder prepared to leave. “You ready?” he asked firing his eyes at you. You nodded finishing the glass of water. “I am. Thanks for the water and the chat!” you smiled. “You two?” Jungshin mumbled moving his eyes back and forth. “You’re spending the night with her?” Yonghwa held up his hand “It’s not what you think or what it looks like. Erase these naughty thoughts from your brain. I am staying with her because she’d be alone otherwise, which I don’t think is a good idea. Not in this city. God knows who’s on the loose. “Wasn’t she with Jamie or something? Or did she already return home?”. “Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom for a second” you interrupted while Yonghwa shook his head. “No she’s still here in Seoul, but she’s staying with Jonghyun. He insisted she would so he could keep an eye on her”. “Something happened?” Jungshin continued firing questions. “Misa and I found her passed out in the hotel room earlier when we came back there. She’s been lucky I guess. We have no idea how long she’s been there” Yonghwa explained. “Wow. And they just release her like that?” Jungshin added trying to make some sense of the health system. “Only under the condition she would take her rest and take it easy for the next days. I don’t think she will be returning to home in the next days. But anyway, Jonghyun insisted on taking her with him so I decided to stay with Misa until she has to go back to India in two days”. Jungshin nodded “I see! Hyung, I didn’t even know you were dating? Is it serious?” Yonghwa chuckled “Let’s say we’re taking it easy and getting to know each other first. Don’t say a word to the others yea? You didn’t hear or see anything!” Jungshin threw his hands in the air. “Who? What? I won’t tell”. In the meantime you joined the two guys again. “You’re all good to go?” Yonghwa asked as soon as he noticed you. You nodded “Yes!!” and looked back at Jungshin. “I guess I will see you soon”. Jungshin nodded “We better. I am sure hyung will keep you posted on when and how”.

 

Just before you and Yonghwa left you gave Jungshin one last hug following Yonghwa out. By the time you got back to the ground floor it was pouring outside. “We really are out of luck today aren’t we?” you mumbled somewhat pained just the thought of it. It’s been thunderstorming quite a few times during your stay in Seoul. Just a bad timing or was Mother Nature trying to tell you something? “Here, take my jacket” Yonghwa whispered as he draped his leather jacket around your shoulders. “It will keep you dry for the biggest part” he added before he grabbed your hand again pulling you with him to the car as fast as he could. Behaving like a gentleman he made sure you could get into the car first while he threw his bag on the backseat and got in himself stepping behind the wheel while rain dripped down his perfect face. It almost looked like a movie scene, except this was a whole better to watch. Carefully you headed back to the hotel. Challenging it was. Too much traffic and too much rain at this hour, but you finally managed to get back to the hotel. With a little sprint from the car to the front door that is. “We’re here” you panted catching your breath taking the leather jacket off hanging it over the chair behind the desk falling onto the bed afterwards while Yonghwa closed the door. “You can sleep in Jamie’s bed. At least they changed the sheets”. Yonghwa smiled ily dropping his bag next to the bed sitting down on the bed end. “How about you take a shower and I will go get us some snacks?” You smiled over the fact that he was thinking of it before you could say it out loud. “Okay. Not too much. I am still stuffed with all that ice cream you gave me earlier” you joked. “Got it. Any preferences?” You shook your head “Not really. Anything with chocolate is always good to me”. I guess that was a stupid question” Yonghwa chuckled and rose from the bed again. “I’ll be back in a bit okay? If anything happens you call me. Okay?” he reminded you before he planted a small kiss on your lips. “Okay” you replied softly taken off guard by his kiss that made you scream for more somehow. Once Yonghwa left the room to get some snacks you grabbed your pj’s and clean underwear disappearing into the bathroom to take a shower because you were in very much need of one.

 

JAMIE'S POV

With the rain dripping down his face he opened the front door to the dorm and closed the door behind him while you had your arms wrapped around his neck tightly leaning your head on your arm and his back. "Aigo, let me get a towel" Key insisted as soon as he found the two of you in the hallway. Jonghyun somehow ignored whatever Key said and kicked off his shoes walking into his bedroom carefully putting you down on the bed. "Baby?" Jonghyun whispered as he laid you down and made sure you didn't bump your head another time and your head. With a little struggle you opened your eyes looking at the most handsome guy to you, your boyfriend. "I need to shower" you mumbled trying to sit up. Jonghyun shook his head "The shower can wait. I want you to sleep a bit. You have been sleeping the entire way from the hospital to here and you're still fighting to keep your eyes open" he assured you taking your shoes off as well as your socks. "I haven't showered at all. I feel so disgusting". Jonghyun chuckled at that statement looking back at you taking off your jacket. "You're not disgusting. Not showering for one day is going to make you smell like a homeless person. Don't worry ok? You can take a shower as soon as you rested at least a little bit. Sounds good?" You nodded giving in "Okay okay" and closed your eyes while Jonghyun planted a kiss on your temple after he pulled up the blankets to cover you up. "I'll come back to check on you in a little bit" he whispered as he your cheek ready to get up. "Stay with me? Please?" you whispered opening your eyes again pulling on his arm. "I have missed you so much in the last couple of days that I want you to stay with me. I think I will sleep better too when you do. Can you? Please?" you begged your boyfriend who looked extremely good with wet hair. Jonghyun smiled taking off his jacket as well as his shirt stepping in the bed with you while you crawled into his arms snaking your arms around his waist. "I missed you" you whispered inhaling the scent you missed so much. Jonghyun ran his fingers through your hair peering into your eyes before he kissed your lips. "You know? I worried crazy these days I was not with you. I couldn't sleep. At all" he confessed while a smile appeared on your face. "I know you missed me too" you whispered kissing his lips this time. "I'm relieved and happy you're here with me where you belong" he added. "I love you" you whispered tightening your grip around him planting your lips back on his. "I love you too" Jonghyun whispered answering your kiss before you digged your face into his chest closing your eyes.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]