TWENTY-NINE

Dreamcatcher: Every Summer Has A Story
 

JAMIE’S POV

“Dad, do you have a minute?” Jonghyun started ready to talk about the fact that he was going to be a dad between now and the next nine months. “What is it? Can’t it wait after dinner?” Mr. Kim mumbled taking his jacket off hanging it over one of the kitchen chairs. “Or did you get yourself in trouble?” he loosened his tie giving his son a stern look. Jonghyun shook his head “No it’s not that, but I do have something to say”. “You sound serious” Mr. Kim added sitting down while Mrs. Kim prepared them some tea. “That’s because what I have to say is serious” Jonghyun continued resting his hands on the back of one of the chairs too nervous to sit down. “Okay…It can’t be that bad right? What is it?” Mr. Kim asked looking at Jonghyun wondering why he didn’t sit down. “It’s about Jamie. She…She’s pregnant” Jonghyun mumbled calmly. Mr. Kim just blinked correcting his glasses “Come again?” he asked not sure if he heard it right. “Dad, Jamie’s having my baby” Jonghyun repeated himself. “Yah, how can she have your baby? Unless you two…what are you thinking? How can you impregnate a girl you hardly know? Oh wait she’s older than you. Jonghyun-ah, how can you be so stupid? This is something you should wait with until marriage” Mr. Kim shouted raising his voice. “Dad I know how you feel about this, but it just happened” Jonghyun attempted to defend himself. “How does something like this ‘just happen’? You’re not thinking straight” Mr. Kim continued. “I know how it may look like to you, but I love her dad. I really do” Jonghyun explained him once more. Mr. Kim shook his head “You hardly know the woman. I thought that music dream of yours was everything to you, but this will definitely destroy your future”. Mr. Kim continued to shout.

 

“Yaebo, I really believe he is sincere about Jamie and she seems to be a really nice girl too” Mrs. Kim whispered carefully approaching her husband. “You’re approving this? She’s a lot older than him. What will people think?” “A whole lot older? It’s only four years and for me it’s not an issue. I don’t feel it when I’m with her. And besides, age is just a number to me” Jonghyun defended himself a little more. Mrs. Kim shook her head “Yaebo, who cares what other people think? Our Jonghyun has been eating a lot better because of her and he sure seems to be a whole lot happier too. Isn’t that what matters?” “Yaebo, he’s only 25. How is he going to take care of a child?” Mr. Kim complained looking at his wife. “What? You don’t think I can raise a baby? Because I’m 25? Dad. I love Jamie more than anything else in the world. I love how I am when I’m with her and all this baby needs is a home and two loving parents. Dad I love you and I very much appreciate your opinion, but nothing you say will change my mind about her. I’ll take my responsibility and take care of her and the baby. There is not one hair on my head or body that will consider letting her do all of it on her own. She’s suffered enough in life and I don’t want to be her next disappointment. She deserves much better than that. I know it’s not even been a month, but I feel she’s the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I want to make her happy. I want to marry her” Jonghyun continued. “Jonghyun-ah” Mr. Kim sighed shaking his head. “You have no idea what you are saying. What if you’ll regret your decision?”. “Dad, I won’t. She’s the best thing that ever happened to me and yes none of this is planned, but I am accepting it as it is and believe that this is meant to be. Maybe this is a way of fate letting us know we belong together” Jonghyun added tapping his hands on the back of the chair he was resting his hands on. “I am not expecting you to agree on every decision I make, but it really would mean the world to me if you could give us your blessing in marriage” he added looking at his dad who now seemed to be sweating onions out of nowhere. Mr. Kim shook his head “It will not matter what I tell you to do or not. It seems your mother already approved and you’ll marry her anyways. It still doesn’t mean I am happy with this, but if you’re making a mistake, you’ll have to deal with the consequences on your own” he mumbled taking off his glasses not believing he actually calmed down. Maybe his business meeting drained him too much? “I am not expecting anything, but I’ll prove to you it’s not a mistake. I love Jamie and I know she loves me too” Jonghyun whispered relieved that he got it all off his chest. “I hope for you you’re right” Mr. Kim sing-songed with a straight face while Mrs. Kim served freshly brewed tea.

 

Meanwhile you and Sodam walked back into the house laughing with the doggies running ahead of you. It didn’t take much for you to realize that the atmosphere was a little tense despite of Jonghyun’s assuring look on his face. No matter what had been said between father and son, you knew it wasn’t an easy chat. Jonghyun smiled widely as soon as you walked into the kitchen “You’re back?” he whispered kissing your cheek rubbing your back. “Is everything okay?” you asked carefully as soon as Mr. Kim left the kitchen to wash up. “We’re alright. It’s nothing for you to worry about okay? We didn’t fight. He wasn’t really agreeing on marriage, but I guess he’s somewhat giving his blessing?” Jonghyun explained. “Come here” he whispered pulling you in his arms kissing your temple while your hands were resting on his chest. “I know you worry baby, but please try not to” he convinced you “Do it for me?” he then smiled. You placed your hands in his neck before planting a small and innocent kiss on his lips. “I’ll try. Again!” you chuckled kissing your boyfriend again. “Very good” he shrugged leaning in to kiss you this time. “Hey! I have feelings too” Sodam chuckled when she caught you two kissing. “Sorry” you smiled slowly letting go of Jonghyun. “I am just teasing you” Sodam chuckled with amusement. “I am just not used to seeing my brother this way, but hey, I will be an auntie” she cheered heading for the fridge taking out a bottle of water. “You’ll have to wait a little for that” Jonghyun shrugged kissing your cheek before he decided to make a salad for himself and you because he wanted to make sure you would get all your vitamins. “I can wait. How far you anyway?” Sodam asked looking at you this time. “Only 23 days now today. Well as far as they could tell me at least. It can’t be longer than that really. But I will have the first official ultrasound in four weeks and then we will know for sure” you explained. Sodam smiled widely turning to her brother “So you’re really going to be a dad huh? It’s so crazy to even imagine it” and couldn’t stop laughing. “Are you telling me now too I won’t be able to take care of a baby?” Jonghyun answered with a straight face. “Is that what dad told you?” she asked surprised. “Look I didn’t mean to make it sound that way. I’m sorry. In fact I think you’ll actually make a good one. This baby sure is lucky”. “I think so too” you smiled hugging your boyfriend from behind. Jonghyun glanced over his shoulder to look at you with a big smile on his face. “You really think so?” You nodded without hesitation before you kissed him. “Yes and I love you” and tighten your grip. “You two are too sweet. I am happy you found each other” Sodam cheered taking a sip from her bottle of water. “I guess it’s safe for me to say the same” Jonghyun smirked turning around planting a kiss on your lips. “Mhm” you smiled letting go of that handsome man of yours.

 

“And now I want you to sit down and eat this delicious salad I made just for you” Jonghyun insisted putting the bowl down onto the kitchen table. “It looks good” you cheered sitting down picking up the fork. “Thank you” and took a bite from the salad on your fork. “I hope this will stay in and doesn’t come out too” Jonghyun smiled kissing your head before he sat down next to you to eat salad with you. “You’ve been throwing up a lot?” Sodam asked before taking a few big sips from her bottle of water. “Yea. I hardly keep breakfast in and sometimes I throw up three times a day or more. I know it comes with the territory, but I feel nauseous at least 75% of the day” you confessed picking up a tomato. “Oh. Well it’s good that my brother looks out for you and make sure you still eat. You need to keep something in” she sighed swallowing more water “But they also say if a woman is nauseous biggest part of the day, she’s expecting more than one baby”. You nearly choked on your cucumber. “What? No!” you coughed before looking at your boyfriend sitting next to you. “Do you have twins in your family?” Jonghyun shook his head “No. You?” and couldn’t remove the smile from his face while you tried to remain serious. “Huh” you murmured picking your fork back into the salad taking another bite or two. “Well?” Jonghyun smirked getting up to get you and himself a glass of water. “My mom is a twin actually” you confessed. Sodam started to smile like a crazy person “Really? Maybe you do too”. You blinked smiling nervously “Yea I don’t think so. How does nausea predict that” and continued to finish your salad. “You never know dear” she cheered disappearing into the living room. You glanced back at your boyfriend when you finished your salad. “She’s not serious right?” “I don’t know if she is, but she’s studying for nurse, so…” Jonghyun bluntly answered. You shook your head “No, I don’t want to think about having two” you confessed. “Why? Would it be so bad if there were?” You sighed “I don’t know. I guess not, but I still have to get used to the idea of suddenly becoming a mommy and having two…wow” and took a few big sips of water. “Look baby, we don’t really know anything yet. Let’s just wait and see until we go for the ultrasound ok?” your boyfriend whispered kissing your lips. “There is no need to worry about this right now” and kissed your temple putting the glass of water in front of you. “You’re right. Like always” you smiled throwing your hands around his neck and surprised him with a big smooch on his cheek. Jonghyun smiled ily at you and couldn’t resist kissing your lips instead.

 

You spent pretty much the entire afternoon and early evening at the Kim’s residence, before you decided to head back home to do some packing for your little road trip with your buddies. “It was really good to finally meet you” Sodam smiled surprising you with a hug. “Same! I am glad I am getting to know you” you smiled before turning to Mrs. Kim. “Thank you so much for the delicious breakfast and lunch. I am sorry I didn’t keep it all in” you apologized. “Don’t worry about it dear” Mrs. Kim assured you and gave you a hug. “Take care of yourself” and turned to her son. “And you better take care of her too. She’s having your child” she warned him. “Don’t worry umma. You raised me well enough to make sure I will” he assured his overly worried mother. You figured it must be in his family because Jonghyun is exactly like that too. “Hope you two have fun on your little trip” Mrs. Kim smiled at the two of you before hugging you both one more time. “Let’s keep in touch. Maybe we can go shopping together sometime. Without men” Sodam whispered causing you to giggle. “We should. Good luck with your studies and I am pretty sure we see us again very soon” you assured her. “Of course. I’ll stop by once you two found a place for yourselves and if you guys need help with anything, you can definitely count on me” Sodam smiled at the both of you. “I’ll remember that. Thanks. See you noona” Jonghyun smiled hugging his sister before you did too. “Say hi to dad”. “Your dad will come around. He is just a little surprised” Mrs. Kim convinced Jonghyun. “Yea I hope so” he murmured taking your hand in his. “Drive safely and let me know when you two are back” Mrs. Kim shouted while you two made your way to his car. “Will do” Jonghyun shouted back and raised his hand before you two crossed the street. “See that wasn’t so bad” Jonghyun smiled ily at you. “Your mom is really nice and your sister is too. You can tell they’re looking out for you” you smiled stepping in the car closing the door behind you. “I hope my dad leaves a better impression next time” Jonghyun sighed stepping behind the wheel. “Don’t worry” you whispered kissing your boyfriend’s cheek. “He still cares about you”. Jonghyun gave you a confused look “I can’t believe you’re on his side” and slightly chuckled. “Well I guess I can understand where he’s coming from. All he wants is the best for you right? And because he’s giving you a hard time doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you. I really think he does. He’s not a bad person. He’s protecting you. That’s all” you assured Jonghyun. He smiled before he leaned in to kiss you. “You’re such an amazing woman, you know that?” and kissed you a second time before he stepped on the gas and returned back to the SHINee dorm you called home for now. Hopefully not for long.

 

MISA’S POV

Meanwhile Misa was still in the recording studio with CNBlue smiling over the fact she actually recorded a song with them, even if it was just for fun and she didn’t like her own voice that much. At least she had a touchable memory to take back home to India, but she did not want to think of leaving just yet. While you were laughing over one of Jungshin’s jokes, their manager knocked on the door. “I am sorry to interrupt, but I figured you guys might be hungry by now so I ordered in some food. Mind to join us?” “I never say no to food” Minhyuk cheered putting down his drumsticks. “Sounds like a very good idea” Jonghyun chuckled and got up as well when he put away his guitar. “You’re hungry?” Yonghwa asked looking at you. You nodded “I guess. I never thought recording was eating so much energy”. “Well then let’s go” he smiled ily at you and got up before he carefully pulled you up with him and left the small recording room walking just right behind you. Simply following the rest of the CNBlue members you ended up in what looked like a lounge room with a few tables, chairs and sofas here and there and a big TV screen hanging on the wall. Boxes of all different kinds of Asian foods were stalled out on the table and the aroma filling the room made you somewhat hungry. “This smells divine” Jungshin smiled rubbing his tummy picking up a plate. “One for you” Yonghwa smiled surprising you handing over a plate. “Feel free to eat anything you’d like”. “But it looks all equally good. Can I have a little of everything instead?” you asked not wanting to look like some beggar. “Of course. You can eat anything particular or just eat a bit of everything. However you like it” Yonghwa assured you. “Okay. Yumm!” you smiled widely putting little bits of everything you could find on the plate before you sat yourself on the ground at one of the typical Korean tables next to Minhyuk. “Whoa, noona is hungry” he giggled. “Is it too much?” you asked looking back at him with big eyes trying not to embarrass yourself. Minhyuk shook his head “I was just joking. I think I have more food on my plate” and fed himself some rice. “It’s tasty” and held up a thump.

 

Eagerly you helped yourself with the variety of foods on your plate and every single bit you had was tasty and very yummy indeed. You were so much going to miss the Korean foods and snacks. “I feel so bloated” you sighed leaning back on your hands while Yonghwa was lying on his back on the floor next to you. “Me too, but it was so good. Manager understands us well” he chuckled and turned his head. “You sure you had enough?” and sat back up looking at your plate finding it empty. You nodded “Yea I am sure. If I will eat more I think it will come out and that’s kind of messy” you chuckled. Yonghwa glanced on his watch and noticed it was 8:30 PM already. “Maybe we should head back. We need to pack for the next days and we will have to get up early too. Will you guys come too or are you sticking around a bit longer?” he continued. Jonghyun looked at his watch “I think we should head back too. I can use a shower and I really need my sleep because I will have to drive too right?” and looked back at his hyung. Yonghwa nodded “That would be good yes, so we can change drivers every now and then”. “In that case, we all should go. We all need to pack anyway” Jungshin added as he got up correcting his shoes. “Did you talk to Jonghyun? The other one I mean. Do they know we will meet at six?” Yonghwa nodded “Yes they know. We saw them earlier this morning. I told them we meet at six in front of the Starbucks”. “Great! Then I guess we can go home and relax” Jonghyun cheered. “I can use a nice a long and warm shower” Jungshin replied preparing to leave just like everyone else. “Enjoy your days off and see you back in four days right?” their manager smiled. Yonghwa nodded “Of course. Unless we all get kidnapped” he joked in amusement of you. “You’re crazy. Who would be out there to kidnap us?” you chuckled. “You never know. There are plenty of crazies” he assured you with that smile on his face that was telling you trouble. “Alright, have fun. I got to go. Another business meeting. It was nice to get to know you Misa” the manager smiled shaking your hand. “Likewise. And thank you for letting me see a recording studio”. “Feel free to come back anytime. Have a safe journey home” the manager smiled at you. “Thank you for everything and I’ll definitely keep that in mind for next time I’ll be back in Seoul” you assured him.

 

As soon as the manager left for his next meeting, you and CNBlue left the recording studio and headed to the parking lot where the van was as well as Yonghwa’s car. “Guess you’re going back to stay with Misa noona?” Minhyuk asked while Jonghyun stepped behind the wheel of the van. Yonghwa nodded “Yes, unless you guys will miss me too” he joked putting his hand on your back opening the passenger seat for you. “You will see us tomorrow morning. We’ll be at the dorm around 5:30. Make sure you guys are ready by then. “Got it” Jonghyun smiled out of the window rolling it back up. “See you guys tomorrow” Jungshin smiled at the both of you. While the rest of CNBlue took off you stepped in the car and buckled yourself secure before Yonghwa stepped behind the wheel and drove back to your hotel. “You know, it’s really not an obligation to stay with me. I can still look after myself” you reminded the handsome oppa sitting next to you. “Maybe so, but your dearest friend asked me to look out for you so I am. Besides, I don’t mind keeping you some company” Yonghwa flashed the iest smile you had yet seen on him. After driving for thirty minutes or so you arrived back at the hotel and made it just back in before the rain started to come down. “I really think Mother Nature is trying to tell us something. She seems angry” you chuckled stepping into the elevator followed by Yonghwa. “Why angry? Maybe she’s just upset” he convinced you. You shrugged “It’s always raining when we’re together”. “Oh…you think this has something to do with us?” Yonghwa asked with a fake shocked expression on his face. “Yes!” you bluntly confessed “Unless you like rain so much you just bring it with you without even asking me”. “Sshht. Don’t tell this to anyone, but it just kind of follow me everywhere I go” Yonghwa answered with a straight face stepping out of the elevator. “Wow, you’re a bad liar” you chuckled giving him a playful punch in the arm, but you hit him harder than you intended. “Sorry” you mumbled looking pained. “Woman, you have muscles or something?” he chuckled stopping you from walking any further. “Hold your arms up for me. I have to check this” he instructed you and held them up. “What are you doing?” you mumbled anxiously not knowing what he would do next. “Yah! You must be working out. First you beat me to climbing and now you punch me this hard. Are you sure you’re a girl” he continued to giggle. You blinked “Why? Can’t girls be strong?” and followed Yonghwa to your hotel room. “I just never met any” he winked. You puffed unlocking the door “Well for the record. I am sure I am a girl”. “Proof it” Yonghwa smirked biting his lip. Was he for real? How do you prove you’re a girl without taking your clothes off?

 

“Well? I am waiting” Yonghwa teased you closing the door behind him. “Nobody’s watching” he then whispered. He really was not joking. Or perhaps he meant something else? Omo! He just wants me to kiss him, right? You hesitated a little before you tip toed planting an innocent kiss on his lips. “I told you. I am a girl” you murmured. “Mhm. Indeed you are” Yonghwa smiled playfully. “I’ll be right back, I need a shower” you excused yourself as you quickly grabbed your pj pants and a shirt and disappeared closing the door behind you. “Yah!” you panted “This guy will kill me” you murmured to yourself before you were finally able to move again and stepped under the warm running water. Once you were finished with your shower and walked back into the room, Yonghwa was nowhere to be found. Did he went to bed already? Did he leave you alone for real? You weren’t sure but it looked like he had disappeared. While you were drying your hair you were startled by the door as someone was coming in. Quickly you turned around and noticed it was Yonghwa. “Can you please not sneak out like that again and scare me like this?” “I’m sorry, I thought you might be in for ice cream so I quickly went out to get some” he apologized holding up the plastic little bag with a pot of ice cream as well as two plastic spoons. “It’s chocolate” he smiled knowing exactly how to win you over. “You’re forgiven” Misa smiled. “That’s what I thought” and took off his jacket. “It’s still raining?” you asked still drying your hair on the towel. Yonghwa nodded “I guess it won’t stop for a while, but we’re inside. It is a little bit chilly outside though. It must be the wind and the rain together” and sat himself on the floor after he took off his shoes. “Sit down” he smiled tapping on the floor next to him before he took out the Baskin Robbins chocolate pot out and put it in front of you. You smiled sitting down next to him taking the spoon. “You know too much of me already” Misa smiled avoiding eye contact because he was giving her butterflies again. “At least I know one thing you really love” Yonghwa smiled biting his lip before he held a spoonful of ice cream in front of your mouth. “And this one is good too” he convinced you. You took the bait and carefully the ice cream of the spoon. “It tastes like heaven” you confessed dipping your spoon in the almighty chocolate and started feeding yourself while you two were watching TV, sitting on the carpet floor, leaning against Yonghwa’s bed.

 

Yonghwa suddenly opened his eyes and realized you two had been sitting like this quite cozily for a little while. He glanced at his watch and noticed it was 12:30. It wasn’t that late, but he noticed you were sleeping when he looked to his left with your head resting on his shoulder. He didn’t know how, but you somehow finished the ice cream together. Yonghwa quietly put empty ice cream pot away and carefully took the plastic spoon out of your hand before he slowly got up. Lucky for him you remained with your eyes closed so he assumed you were still sleeping. Carefully he scooped you off the ground and laid you in your own bed pulling the blankets over you. He couldn’t stop smiling and sat there on the bed watching you for at least fifteen minutes before he decided he should get his sleep too. “Good night Misa” he whispered leaving a kiss on your temple. He realized he was definitely going to miss you and turned in as well. Unfortunately your night of sleep was short lived because you were both awaken by Yonghwa’s alarm that went off and he couldn’t seem to find his phone anywhere. You just groaned a little trying to sit up with a sleepy face but decided to lie back down and pulled the blankets over your head. You really weren’t a morning person at all and the noise Mr. Jung’s alarm was making wasn’t comforting at all. Groggily Yonghwa threw his torso off the bed when he realized that his phone was next to the bed on the floor and snoozed it for ten more minutes, but it didn’t make any difference. No matter what he still felt as if he had a hangover from the lack of sleep. He glanced over to the bed you were sleeping and noticed you had turned around refusing to get up. He wish he could do the same, but he still needed a shower and he still had a few things to pack. While Yonghwa gave you a few more minutes to sleep he took a shower and got himself dressed before he decided to wake you up too. It was only close to five in the morning, but he promised the rest of his band members he would be at the dorm around 5:30.

 

“Misa, it’s time to get up” he whispered rubbing your arm. “I’m tired” you moaned. “You can sleep a bit more in the van. It’s almost five and we need ten minutes to get to the dorm to pick up the others”. Quickly you threw blankets off and sat up straight “And I am not even done yet”. “Relax” Yonghwa chuckled. “There is no need to hurry. Take your time to dress yourself, I will get some coffee. I seriously need it. Can I get you tea?” You nodded “Thank you”. “I’ll be right back” he smiled ily before he closed the door behind him. You did what you had to do and grabbed something easy to wear and get dressed. You decided to go with a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and tie your hair in a bun after you brushed it. There was no need in looking pretty if you were more than sure you’d be sleeping in the van again. Once you were dressed you gathered a few last thing in your weekend bag that you bought earlier when you went shopping with Jamie, Yonghwa walked back into the room holding two cups of hot beverages. “One tea for you” he sing-songed with a sleepy voice that sounded y to you because it sounded so raw. Just how you liked it. “I think if you have everything and you’re ready to go”. You nodded “I guess I do” and thought again. “Wait, do I actually bring all of my luggage?” “I think you should. Unless you plan on coming back to this hotel. I’d say when we travel back before you leave we can take a hotel on the way back so the airport won’t be too far for you and this way we can all kind of personally take you there” he insisted. “You guys are too sweet. You don’t have to do that” you whispered. “Consider it done. So do you have everything?” You nodded convincingly “Yes I do”. Yonghwa threw his own weekend bag over his shoulder before he decided to take the big suitcase. “You just carry that bag and hold my coffee” Yonghwa smiled as you took another look around the room. “It sounds crazy but I am really going to miss it. We had a lot of fun in this room” you sighed heading out of the door followed by Yongha. “Which means, you definitely should come back”. “I really will. If my parents let me that is” you confessed while the two of you stepped into the elevator to the ground floor. The gentleman he was, Yonghwa took care of everything and threw your suitcase as well as his and your weekend bag in the trunk and closed it. Off you went to see how awake the rest of the CNBlue members were.

 
 - This chapter has been re-released and modified. Content is still the same ;)  Patti. [20.11.2016]